BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
E92 Lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-30-2007, 10:28 PM   #45
KKSigua
Can't wait for the i8
 
KKSigua's Avatar
 
Drives: i8 on order
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Indianapolis

Posts: 1,086
iTrader: (4)

I came back from my dealer today and I am number on the order bank. He stated to me that production is estimated for December to early January. Which means for a delivery date of February.

Currently this is what I ordered:

A30 Interlagos Blue Metallic
NDH1 Silver Novillo Extended Leather

ZCW Cold Weather Package
ZPP Premium Package with 4MY Carbon Leather interior trim
ZTP Technology Package

2MT 19" Wheels
415 Power Rear Sunshade
507 PDC (Rear)
653 HD Radio
655 Satellite Radio
6FL iPod/USB
752 Enhanced Premium Sound


Please help me make a decision on the interior. Should I get Black Novillo extended leather instead of the Silver Novillo Extended Leather. The silver novillo extended leather is currently ordered. What do you think will look better with Interlagos Blue. I've been on the fence for days now.

Kevin
KKSigua is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2007, 10:44 PM   #46
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
What are all of these dealers saying about Manual or M-DCT?

I would think there would be something official on that since they are entering orders. Are these orders for 6spd cars?
Most dealers know less than most members on this forum at this point about anything that concerns anything about this car.

For the record, my dealer says he has not heard any official news about DCT, and that as far as he knows, at this time, the only transmission option for the car is manual.

My thinking is that DCT will simply be added to list of options when we get close to "build" specs and things get real--barring any unexpected delays although DCT seems to be on track based on info from some of our German members who experienced it in person in a M3. The stuff that is currently being entered into the system is probably more for BMW to figure out preferences and so on. If they were true build specs, the cars would show up here in late December.
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2007, 11:27 PM   #47
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,201
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
...although DCT seems to be on track based on info from some of our German members who experienced it in person in a M3. ...
What did I miss?
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 08:23 AM   #48
SS32
Major
 
SS32's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)

yeah, i didn't catch that either
SS32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 08:23 AM   #49
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
What did I miss?
Read post #9 on:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=dct

One of our members spoke to a Getrag person who has driven both (so it wasn't the member himself who drove both), and was told DCT rocks, and is on schedule.
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 12:19 PM   #50
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,539
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Read post #9 on:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=dct

One of our members spoke to a Getrag person who has driven both (so it wasn't the member himself who drove both), and was told DCT rocks, and is on schedule.
I hope its true, but how reliable is this guy? Anyone can just sign up and say o yea i know the owner or so and so and they say blah blah blah.
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 12:45 PM   #51
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
 
southlight's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Read post #9 on:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=dct

One of our members spoke to a Getrag person who has driven both (so it wasn't the member himself who drove both), and was told DCT rocks, and is on schedule.
A guy on a German forum states that he had a drive in a DCT M3 and it's really good. No word on the release, but the price: almost 5.000 in Germany. Don't know how reliable that information is.

Best regards, south
southlight is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 01:48 PM   #52
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
I hope its true, but how reliable is this guy? Anyone can just sign up and say o yea i know the owner or so and so and they say blah blah blah.
Well, I don't know how reliable any of this is. If the member has quoted the Getrag person accurately on the other thread, I'd say it's worth something since it's coming from a Getrag insider...

Last edited by lucid; 10-31-2007 at 02:32 PM.
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 01:50 PM   #53
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
but the price: almost 5.000 € in Germany.
That surely is unreliable information since I don't want to believe in it!

Does anyone remember who much SMG used to cost?
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 02:02 PM   #54
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
 
southlight's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
That surely is unreliable information since I don't want to believe in it!

Does anyone remember who much SMG used to cost?
Last price in Germany was 3.200

Best regards, south
southlight is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 02:06 PM   #55
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Last price in Germany was 3.200 €

Best regards, south
Hmmm....More than I thought it would have cost. Anyone recall the US price?
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 02:27 PM   #56
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,201
iTrader: (1)

SMG, DCT, etc.

SMG in 2006 was $2400 USD. A simple ratio method using German prices tells us the approximate US price of $3750. Pricey for sure.

lucid, thanks for that link about Getrag, I did read it and just forgot.

I talked to my dealer as well. Kind of wanted to wait and see how long it took them to contact me since I am waiting for DCT. He sent me the US ordering guide, said orders are going into the system, no prices yet. Mysteriously he also claimed I am #9 in line, whereas my written contract has #4. Ugh....

Last edited by swamp2; 10-31-2007 at 05:20 PM.
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 02:38 PM   #57
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,539
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I talked to my dealer as well. Kind of wanted to wait and see how long it tool them to contact me since I am waiting for DCT. He sent me the US ordering guide, said orders are going into the system, no prices yet. Mysteriously he also claimed I am #9 in line, whereas my written contract has #4. Ugh....
yea i have a feeling that people like us waiting for DCT are being bumped down the line...hopefully DCT debuts with launch.
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 04:46 PM   #58
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
SMG in 2006 was $2400 USD. A simple ratio method using German prices tells us the approximate US price of $3750. Pricey for sure.

lucid, thanks for that link about Getrag, I did read it and just forgot.

I talked to my dealer as well. Kind of wanted to wait and see how long it tool them to contact me since I am waiting for DCT. He sent me the US ordering guide, said orders are going into the system, no prices yet. Mysteriously he also claimed I am #9 in line, whereas my written contract has #4. Ugh....
So the dealers do have the ordering guide? The option one?

We'll see how long it takes my dealer to send it. Or I might have to call them like you did.
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 05:23 PM   #59
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,201
iTrader: (1)

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
So the dealers do have the ordering guide? The option one?

We'll see how long it takes my dealer to send it. Or I might have to call them like you did.
If one does, I suspect all do. It is attached (nothing new). I am a bit pissed about them not getting in touch and further telling me I am spot #9. I have a signed contract for spot #5! A bit academic since DCT is not available yet, nonetheless a bit telling about both of our "stealers".
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 17.pdf (183.8 KB, 159 views)
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 06:00 PM   #60
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
If one does, I suspect all do. It is attached (nothing new). I am a bit pissed about them not getting in touch and further telling me I am spot #9. I have a signed contract for spot #5! A bit academic since DCT is not available yet, nonetheless a bit telling about both of our "stealers".
Well, it might turn out to be rather relevant if DCT becomes available for Spring delivery. Did he tell you why your spot in the system doesn't match what's on your contract? Just curious...
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 06:48 PM   #61
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,201
iTrader: (1)

Avoidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Did he tell you why your spot in the system doesn't match what's on your contract? Just curious...
To avoid confrontation I just told him I was excited but did not have the papers we signed in front of me (true, on a business trip). He also backed down from his strong claim that I was #9 but was still vague, "you will get your car soon". Not satisfying at all, but until DCT is on the ordering options just a small disappointment for me. I'll break the news to him soon that I will be waiting for DCT.
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 07:05 PM   #62
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
To avoid confrontation I just told him I was excited but did not have the papers we signed in front of me (true, on a business trip). He also backed down from his strong claim that I was #9 but was still vague, "you will get your car soon". Not satisfying at all, but until DCT is on the ordering options just a small disappointment for me. I'll break the news to him soon that I will be waiting for DCT.
I guess there isn't much one can do. If, say 3 months into US deliveries, you still do not have an official order number, you would have a good argument as to why you should have one (assuming DCT is here by then). The sales manager willingly put down #4 on my deposit slip, but I don't know what that will mean exactly either.
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 07:30 PM   #63
Hans Delbruck
BMW & MB - friends in my garage
 
Hans Delbruck's Avatar
 
Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 1,285
iTrader: (0)

If any of these dealers think they can hold on to the first several cars and sell them for a markup, they'd better re-examine that thinking....

The number of suckers in SoCal decreased right along with their home equity....

Irvine BMW had 14 M5's sitting on the lot just a few weeks ago....
Hans Delbruck is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 07:34 PM   #64
Sedan_Clan
Banned
 
Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

Posts: 10,920
iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
If any of these dealers think they can hold on to the first several cars and sell them for a markup, they'd better re-examine that thinking....

The number of suckers in SoCal decreased right along with their home equity....

Irvine BMW had 14 M5's sitting on the lot just a few weeks ago....
Irvine has that shit service too. There is one other explanation though, Irvine and Shelly just received a recent shipment of ///M5's; same owner. I was at Shelly a few weeks ago, and they had about 10 ///M5's on their lot, but it was due to a shipment that they had just received. I know that as fact because I was there about a week before they got their shipment.

Yes, I visit the dealer often!
Sedan_Clan is offline   Brazil
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 07:58 PM   #65
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,201
iTrader: (1)

Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
If any of these dealers think they can hold on to the first several cars and sell them for a markup, they'd better re-examine that thinking....

The number of suckers in SoCal decreased right along with their home equity....

Irvine BMW had 14 M5's sitting on the lot just a few weeks ago....
You should know better. The markups may be higher sometimes and lower other times but in our market (So. Cal.) a new M will ALWAYS command a mark up for suckers who walk on to the lot and want the car NOW. I bet the new M3's will ocassionally sell for $10k over. Sure it won't last long but it will happen, mark my words. Heck E46 M3s went regularly for $5k over and sometimes as much as $15k over.
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 09:06 PM   #66
WCH
Major
 
WCH's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 SG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,179
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2014 F10 M5  [0.00]
2014 Cayenne GTS  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Had an email exchange with my salesperson today. No word on M-DCT but my number changed from #9 to #8.
WCH is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST