BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-25-2007, 05:57 PM   #23
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Nothing from my dealer. I am starting to grow tired of their apathy. Or perhaps it is all in my head.
It's better than your dealer acting like there is actually something going on, or that you have an order in place... The E92 M3 has become my imaginary friend. We go on long drives together on perfectly paved twisty country roads and smoke RS4s--sometimes even 911s! It'll probably be that way for at least another 6-7 months.
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #24
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
It's better than your dealer acting like there is actually something going on, or that you have an order in place... The E92 M3 has become my imaginary friend. We go on long drives together on perfectly paved twisty country roads and smoke RS4s--sometimes even 911s! It'll probably be that way for at least another 6-7 months.
Hilarious
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2007, 09:19 PM   #25
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,448
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Send a message via AIM to FifthStreetz
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
It's better than your dealer acting like there is actually something going on, or that you have an order in place... The E92 M3 has become my imaginary friend. We go on long drives together on perfectly paved twisty country roads and smoke RS4s--sometimes even 911s! It'll probably be that way for at least another 6-7 months.


My fiance is also pretty sick and tired of waiting, i called her today to let her know i placed a "mock" order but that we might have to wait longer for DCT...

Shes like "you know what, just get the 6sp so we wouldnt have to wait another year"

But i think ill still wait a few more months in case any new info comes out, still crossing my fingers that DCT will debut in March!
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2007, 11:40 PM   #26
JEllis
Brigadier General
 
JEllis's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

Posts: 4,365
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post


My fiance is also pretty sick and tired of waiting, i called her today to let her know i placed a "mock" order but that we might have to wait longer for DCT...

Shes like "you know what, just get the 6sp so we wouldnt have to wait another year"

But i think ill still wait a few more months in case any new info comes out, still crossing my fingers that DCT will debut in March!

^Word
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
JEllis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2007, 02:07 AM   #27
dab33d
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 E92 AW/FR M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SoCAL

Posts: 143
iTrader: (0)

Spoke to my sales guy who said that all of the sales people at their dealership had a "meeting" regarding the m3. He stated that I should be getting a call regarding allocations by next week or the week after ! Hope he's not bs'ing.. Best news out of our conversation. He promised me MSRP and I dont think he's bluffing. NOW I JUST GOTTA TAKE BACK MY OTHER DEPOSIT AT THE SHADY SHADE SHADE LB BMW where they guaranteed a markup Keep yalls posted on any other info i hear in the next few days/weeks...
dab33d is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2007, 01:13 PM   #28
mwilli
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2006 330i, TiAg of course
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Seattle WA

Posts: 115
iTrader: (0)

I just got back from the dealer and my order is now in the system, but there are 3 in front of me. Grrrrr.

He does expect to see a higher increase of allocations to US dealers so he expects my car to be sitting in the show room for the US launch on March 15th.

Alpine White/Black Leather/Tech Pckg/19" wheels/Heated Seats.
__________________
On Order 08 M3 AW/Black Leather/Tech Pckg/19" Wheels/Heated Seats.
mwilli is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2007, 01:13 PM   #29
JEllis
Brigadier General
 
JEllis's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

Posts: 4,365
iTrader: (2)

Sounds like we are going to get a US price is early November....

Jason
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
JEllis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2007, 01:41 PM   #30
Sedan_Clan
Capoeirista Extraordinaire!
 
Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex! Or running your plates...

Posts: 9,153
iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab33d View Post
Spoke to my sales guy who said that all of the sales people at their dealership had a "meeting" regarding the m3. He stated that I should be getting a call regarding allocations by next week or the week after ! Hope he's not bs'ing.. Best news out of our conversation. He promised me MSRP and I dont think he's bluffing. NOW I JUST GOTTA TAKE BACK MY OTHER DEPOSIT AT THE SHADY SHADE SHADE LB BMW where they guaranteed a markup Keep yalls posted on any other info i hear in the next few days/weeks...
We should definitely have a thread dedicated to those dealerships who honor MSRP, and direct our business there.
Sedan_Clan is offline   Brazil
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2007, 01:53 PM   #31
dan6470
Private
 
Drives: 2010 BMW M3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilli View Post
I just got back from the dealer and my order is now in the system, but there are 3 in front of me. Grrrrr.

He does expect to see a higher increase of allocations to US dealers so he expects my car to be sitting in the show room for the US launch on March 15th.

Alpine White/Black Leather/Tech Pckg/19" wheels/Heated Seats.
Wait....I didn't know there was an official date yet??
dan6470 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #32
mwilli
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2006 330i, TiAg of course
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Seattle WA

Posts: 115
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan6470 View Post
Wait....I didn't know there was an official date yet??
Not sure how "Official" It is but this is what he said he expects the first allocations to show up.

I am purchasing this thru the biggest BMW dealership in the Pacific NW so I expect them to get a bunch of cars right off the bat.
__________________
On Order 08 M3 AW/Black Leather/Tech Pckg/19" Wheels/Heated Seats.
mwilli is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2007, 04:45 PM   #33
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 6,784
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
From my salesperson today...

"Hi Greg,

You still have the number two position on the order bank. All of our cars will be custom orders and I would expect the first month allocation to be available sometime in March. If we receive a single allocation for March and if the individual in the first position exercises their option, you will receive the next month's allocation (April). Cars built in March will be state side in late April. If BMW decides to build demonstrators like they did for the launch of the E46, we will see that car sometime in March, if March is indeed the actual start of production month."

In writing at MSRP.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2008 M3 Coupe - Alpine/Fox Red/Carbon
2015 M4 pre-ordered 4/13
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #34
alpineweissM3
I love my beautiful wife!
 
Drives: e90 ///M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 630
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
We should definitely have a thread dedicated to those dealerships who honor MSRP, and direct our business there.
It seems like California dealers are the only ones charging a mark-up.
alpineweissM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2007, 04:32 PM   #35
Hans Delbruck
BMW & MB - friends in my garage
 
Hans Delbruck's Avatar
 
Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 1,285
iTrader: (0)

This is very exciting news.... where have I been. Official specs and options... dealer phone calls... wow.

My dealer hasn't said anything yet, but that's good because I am undecided about whether I want the car.... A lot has changed since I put down my deposit 2.5 years ago!
Hans Delbruck is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #36
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
 
southlight's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

Posts: 6,727
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
It's better than your dealer acting like there is actually something going on, or that you have an order in place... The E92 M3 has become my imaginary friend. We go on long drives together on perfectly paved twisty country roads and smoke RS4s--sometimes even 911s! It'll probably be that way for at least another 6-7 months.
That reminds me of Howie's imaginary friend from The Fall Guy.

Best regards, south
southlight is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2007, 05:46 PM   #37
BMW3R
Bimmer User
 
BMW3R's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SLC, UT

Posts: 585
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 Mazda3  [0.00]
I have heard from the dealer several times in the last week. Once with the spec sheet, the second time to get me jazzed about the car and the last to share an article about the M3/RS4 specs. He is expecting allocation in the next two weeks. For now I am number 2, maybe #1 for a sedan (the guy in front of me is struggling about the CB roof ). I am expecting to pay MSRP. He thought that pricing should be available soon and that it is possible to see cars arriving in March or April. However, I am still planning on May 2008.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 - Space Gray, ZCP, Akra Evo System, aFe filter, PC Stage II Tune & more!!!!

BMW3R is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2007, 06:43 PM   #38
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

What I don't undestand is that if dealers indeed will be given allocation next week--and we have heard from several dealers who said that seems like the case--why would it take 4-5 months for the cars to be delivered? Does anyone think Feb delivery is a possibility here for the first batch?
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2007, 06:49 PM   #39
alpineweissM3
I love my beautiful wife!
 
Drives: e90 ///M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 630
iTrader: (0)

I guess Feb is possible, but I thought the official release date wasn't until sometime in March.
alpineweissM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2007, 06:50 PM   #40
SS32
Major
 
SS32's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)

It only seems logical that since BMW has stated Dec production that we would see the first cars mid-late February.
SS32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2007, 07:38 PM   #41
apw2607
Major
 
Drives: 2009 X5 35d
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Seattle, WA, USA

Posts: 1,400
iTrader: (0)

I'm currently with 3 dealers and are #3, #5 and #7. All have taken my spec and entered it into the bank. The race is now on. Whoever can deliver first based on allocation get my business. All have agreed on MSRP.

My spec currently is:

A52 Space Grey
NDSW Black Novillo Extended Leather

ZCW Cold Weather Package
ZPP Premium Package with 4MY Carbon Leather interior trim
ZTP Technology Package

2MT 19" Wheels
415 Power Rear Sunshade
507 PDC (Rear)
653 HD Radio
655 Satellite Radio
6FL iPod/USB
752 Enhanced Premium Sound

I'll have a very nice Carbon Black/Black 2004 6SP M3 for sale soon with all options including brushed Al Trim, Nav, Ipod Interface, Aux, Sirius, OEM TV Tuner, Assist + Bluetooth, voice control, cold weather, premium, pdc (rear), factory alarm, 19" wheels. Only 21,500 miles as well :-)
apw2607 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2007, 07:57 PM   #42
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineweissM3 View Post
I guess Feb is possible, but I thought the official release date wasn't until sometime in March.
I don't think BMW has ever given a specific official release date apart from saying "Spring". I guess that means March, but I still wouldn't rule out Feb delivery if orders will officially be entered into the production system within the next 2-3 weeks...
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2007, 08:03 PM   #43
Hans Delbruck
BMW & MB - friends in my garage
 
Hans Delbruck's Avatar
 
Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 1,285
iTrader: (0)

What are all of these dealers saying about Manual or M-DCT?

I would think there would be something official on that since they are entering orders. Are these orders for 6spd cars?
Hans Delbruck is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2007, 08:45 PM   #44
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW3R View Post
I have heard from the dealer several times in the last week. Once with the spec sheet, the second time to get me jazzed about the car and the last to share an article about the M3/RS4 specs. He is expecting allocation in the next two weeks. For now I am number 2, maybe #1 for a sedan (the guy in front of me is struggling about the CB roof ). I am expecting to pay MSRP. He thought that pricing should be available soon and that it is possible to see cars arriving in March or April. However, I am still planning on May 2008.
Wow, nothing like that from my dealer.
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST