BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GetBMWParts

11-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #1
BMWrules7
Major
Rep

Drives: 2011 750Li, Alpine White

Google tapped to save Obama website

I love Google and I personally know a couple Google engineers and they are beyond brilliant.

My problem here is that I can't think of anything more personal to me than my personal healthcare information.

So, how is it that the Obama administration can just bypass due process---all of the legitimate healthcare website companies pre-approved, preauthorised, that have been vetted out by our government and somehow have my data willingly given to a monopoly?

I smells a rat!

Was this entire debacle a setup so that America would willingly handover its most personal and private data to a near monopolistic company that routinely exploits personal and private data (think google maps and street car pictures).

If Obama went to Google in the first place, there would be a huge uproar about having google's data junky hands on America's most intimate and private data.

But, by creating another patented Obama Crisis(TM), the Obama misdirection Team gets America to willingly give up its healthcare data to Google. Did you just hear me say that?

What do you all think? This affects every one of us. Do you really want the Kings of manipulating unstructured data having access to your only remaining vestiges of privacy?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #2
Bear From Jax
Typical 335i Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: AW/BL E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [5.00]
+1 man... The whole administration is a fraud.... The whole Healthcare act is a fraud... It's disheartening to feel that it's close to impossible to overturn the act. Take a look at the shutdown... He (Obama, King in chief) flat out said that he would veto ANY attempt to stall Obamacare... I smell tirant... But, it's human nature, especially in the states, to not believe something can happen until it's already happened, and even then, barely believe what's happened. It makes me sick....

Let the ridicule begin though.

E92 335i | AW/BL | JB4 G5 ISO | DCI | SLD | Muffler Delete | Bilstein B12 and MOAR to come
If speed is death, then buy a Honda and live forever
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 01:31 AM   #3
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep

Drives: a380

the ehealth.com ceo was on cnbc today, they've been doing this type of stuff for years. they can handle the load. if the gov just forwards the registration info to their site, the problem is solved.

do you think they'll do that? i doubt it.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #4
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
What do you all think? This affects every one of us. Do you really want the Kings of manipulating unstructured data having access to your only remaining vestiges of privacy?
First, this belongs in the political subforum.

Second - My information is in a file folder at my doctor's office.

That aside, I trust google 100x more than I trust our government - regardless of who is in charge.

This change in the access to information is a reflection of the change in technology over the last decade and has very little to do with Obama. To think that if someone else was in charge that phone tapping and drone programs would not be going on is naive. Patriot act anyone? Stop pretending it's a single party issue.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #5
Kyle B
This one goes to 11.
Rep

Drives: E30, E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Patriot act anyone? Stop pretending it's a single party issue.
+1

The Patriot Act really should have been named "The Repeal of the 4th Amendment".
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #6
BMWrules7
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho
Quote:
First, this belongs in the political subforum.

Second - My information is in a file folder at my doctor's office.

That aside, I trust google 100x more than I trust our government - regardless of who is in charge.

This change in the access to information is a reflection of the change in technology over the last decade and has very little to do with Obama. To think that if someone else was in charge that phone tapping and drone programs would not be going on is naive. Patriot act anyone? Stop pretending it's a single party issue.
I have had healthcare for a longtime and I have never found it to be political.

Plus, isn't this the OT forum?

Third, in the most respectful way, you're a dork for thinking Google has your best interest at heart.

Fourth, stop trying to quash my argument on the grounds that it is political. My healthcare is my business and not some politicians business.

Fifth, the reason healthcare data is such a crown jewel is that its misuse can prevent you (yeah, you) from getting a job or a promotion.

They want you to think it is political. This is about privacy not politics. Google is the antithesis of privacy.

Younger folks will never understand this because they are healthy. But, the paradox is that every young person might get older and by the time the lightbulb goes it is too late.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #7
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
I have had healthcare for a longtime and I have never found it to be political.

Plus, isn't this the OT forum?
It's OT but when you mention "Obama Crisis(TM), the Obama misdirection Team", it starts to sound overtly political. It is certainly off topic but there is a subforum which is probably better suited for this discussion. We can agree to disagree but it was merely a suggestion.

Quote:
Third, in the most respectful way, you're a dork for thinking Google has your best interest at heart.
I didn't say they had our best interests at heart, I simply said that I trust them more than I trust the government. It was meant to be a funny jab so please don't read too much into it.

Quote:
Fourth, stop trying to quash my argument on the grounds that it is political. My healthcare is my business and not some politicians business.

Fifth, the reason healthcare data is such a crown jewel is that its misuse can prevent you (yeah, you) from getting a job or a promotion.
I wasn't trying to quash your argument. If you don't want the goverment or google to have your health records then maintain your own insurance. My records are held at the office of my doctor. What you should also know is that if you're on any form of Medicare or Medicaid, the government already has your records. Also, private insurance companies also have your medical records. Who is to say that they won't use it maliciously or fumble the ball on protecting it?

Quote:
They want you to think it is political. This is about privacy not politics. Google is the antithesis of privacy.
I have a hard time taking this sentence seriously from the person who wrote "creating another patented Obama Crisis(TM), the Obama misdirection Team gets America to willingly give up its healthcare data to Google".

Last edited by KingOfJericho; 11-01-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #8
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Trolololol...
      11-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
BMWrules7
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear From Jax
+1 man... The whole administration is a fraud.... The whole Healthcare act is a fraud... It's disheartening to feel that it's close to impossible to overturn the act. Take a look at the shutdown... He (Obama, King in chief) flat out said that he would veto ANY attempt to stall Obamacare... I smell tirant... But, it's human nature, especially in the states, to not believe something can happen until it's already happened, and even then, barely believe what's happened. It makes me sick....

Let the ridicule begin though.
Forget it. This place only accepts card carrying liberals.

Let's talk their language.

Jimmy and Suzy each have one dollar. Suzy gives Jimmy the best hummer ever.

Jimmy get's real sick, I am talking super-metho-cillian ultra-resistant herpes infected puss filled weeping nodules type sick.

Plus, poor jimmy can't pee without screaming like his privates spontaneously ignited with stage 2 oxidizer on a 70 degree day.

Next, jimmy goes into the hospital for his free healthcare. He catches Suzy in the ER blowing another doctor.

Anyway, jimmy gets the bill to fix his puss filled weepy nodules on his private shaft. It is $10,200.99.

Now, regardless of free healthcare, jimmy only has $1.

Who or what will pay $10,199.99?

A: Al Gore?
B: Suzy (remember she only has $1.)
C: The hard working middle class?
D: No one, it's FREE healthcare silly?

What is your answer: (a, b, c, or d)?

Explain:
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #10
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Templar was right...

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
BMWrules7
Major
Rep

Quote:
Templar was right...
Yes, anyone who "thinks," "draws conclusions," or otherwise "presents ideas contrary to the plans of the liberal elites" is a troll.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #12
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Nothing political there...

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #13
BMWrules7
Major
Rep

Quote:
Nothing political there...
Nope. Just pure, unadulterated truth.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #14
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Even with Google involved, they will still have to comply with HIPAA. They don't get a free pass on data mining that information just because it is a core part of their existing business.
      11-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #15
F1Venom
Captain
Rep

Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Google and the government go hand in hand. The government loves google for all the work they do with the NSA and in exchange, Google pays no taxes. Now they'll have access to everybody's healthcare records which is pretty chilling. And KoJ, you doubt Google will hesitate to give out your personal health information to the government?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #16
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
And KoJ, you doubt Google will hesitate to give out your personal health information to the government?
You have it backwards - the government is hiring google to help them manage the data the govt already has. From what I understand, google is helping to design the website - nothing more. Also, I am not covered by Medicare or Medicaid so the government does not have my personal health information. I made a jab that I trust google more than the govt. It was a lighthearted joke so let's move along.

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #17
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Forget it. This place only accepts card carrying liberals.

Let's talk their language.

Jimmy and Suzy each have one dollar. Suzy gives Jimmy the best hummer ever.

Jimmy get's real sick, I am talking super-metho-cillian ultra-resistant herpes infected puss filled weeping nodules type sick.

Plus, poor jimmy can't pee without screaming like his privates spontaneously ignited with stage 2 oxidizer on a 70 degree day.

Next, jimmy goes into the hospital for his free healthcare. He catches Suzy in the ER blowing another doctor.

Anyway, jimmy gets the bill to fix his puss filled weepy nodules on his private shaft. It is $10,200.99.

Now, regardless of free healthcare, jimmy only has $1.

Who or what will pay $10,199.99?

A: Al Gore?
B: Suzy (remember she only has $1.)
C: The hard working middle class?
D: No one, it's FREE healthcare silly?

What is your answer: (a, b, c, or d)?

Explain:
The answer is none of the above. The correct answer is everyone middle class and above. That's how the current system essentially works.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #18
whats77inaname
Native Texan
United_States
Rep

Drives: when at all possible

Yeah, I don't trust them w/my information either. They don't seem to do a good job managing it...I'll just leave this here:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/31/5...-third-parties
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #19
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Yes, anyone who "thinks," "draws conclusions," or otherwise "presents ideas contrary to the plans of the liberal elites" is a troll.
No...

Just you.

I'm not a liberal, either.
      11-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #20
bbbbmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 135i

A couple of additional thoughts:

1. There is a new coding system rolling out 10/1/2014. It codifies diagnoses and procedures (on your healthcare bill), as well as lots of new "metadata" - like exactly how you got that broken ankle.

2. The Obamacare Navigators are supposed to help you decide which plan suits your needs best. The government is apparently not doing background checks on these people, and hiring illegals, criminals, etc. Major risks for identity theft, etc. from these people that have your personal information, like credit, SSN, drivers license address, living situation, credit report, tax info, and all the rest. California alone has hired 21,000 navigators.
      11-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #21
P1et
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '11 X5 | '11 135i

I trust Google about as much as I trust Facebook.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #22
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
Rep

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

it's all good, the government just wants what's best for all of us.

Don't worry about it. It'll all be ok.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0