BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

European Auto Source

02-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
Stuck
United_States

Drives: 2011 E92 M3, Interlagos Blue

2011 E92 - Dashboard frozen?

Wondering if anybody has encountered this. On my drive to work this morning, I looked down and realized that my dashboard had completely frozen. No lights (as if the car was turned off), speedo stuck at 31mph and tach at 2200rpms. iDrive seems to work fine, although the clock is also frozen. Tried to turn off, restart, but to no avail. Car drives, no problem, and M-mode seems to work, so it seems something systemic to the dash.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
IMG
M.POWER

Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Did you take it to the dealer yet ?

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
MilehighM3
Colonel

Drives: E90 M3

Sounds like the cluster is frozen. A simple battery reset, cluster reset or disconnecting the instrument cluster itself should correct it. However, if your local dealer can see it stuck/malfunctioning that would be best. Let them reset it that way they can replace it if needed.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
Jorge Tartallone
Registered
Paraguay

Drives: BMW 325xi

Send a message via MSN to Jorge Tartallone Send a message via Skype™ to Jorge Tartallone
Hi Stuck, I'm wondering if you could fix your frozen dashboard, It happened exactly the same thing to me a few days ago. I haven't yet taken the car to the dealer. So, I will appreciate if you can tell me how do you fix it. Does it work with a battery reset? Thank you!
Appreciate 0