BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-19-2007, 11:18 PM   #23
PancakeWafflez
Private
 
Drives: Alpine White 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

I never made this thread with the intention of meaning that I drive a high and mighty car. I would take an AMG benz over my car any day of the week.

I see ferrari's and lambo's etc every day here in FL and its not something that excites me as much as it did when I used to live in the city.

What I did say is that he was 'toying' with me. I didnt say that I would beat him or that I have the fastest car out there.

I was pointing out the mere fact that a sub $40k car was left by only 1-2 car lengths at most by a sub $200k car. I would not pay $160k more for a ferrari when a highly modded 3 can keep up with one.

That's the simplicity of what I was trying to get across.

Having a ferrari doesn't equate to shit. If you own your house and have enough equity in it, you can borrow that and buy a ferrari cash and pay for a ferrari like you're paying for a house mortgage. It's that simple. So before you guys go pointing fingers to me, understand what I'm trying to get across first.

Fucking douchebags...no wonder people really do hate bmw drivers...

ib4 they hate you /e90post
__________________

2007 AlpineWhite/TerraDakota 335i.Sedan.
PancakeWafflez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2007, 12:06 AM   #24
ejazbmw
blahhh
 
ejazbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ/NY

Posts: 6,339
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeWafflez View Post
I never made this thread with the intention of meaning that I drive a high and mighty car. I would take an AMG benz over my car any day of the week.

I see ferrari's and lambo's etc every day here in FL and its not something that excites me as much as it did when I used to live in the city.

What I did say is that he was 'toying' with me. I didnt say that I would beat him or that I have the fastest car out there.

I was pointing out the mere fact that a sub $40k car was left by only 1-2 car lengths at most by a sub $200k car. I would not pay $160k more for a ferrari when a highly modded 3 can keep up with one.

That's the simplicity of what I was trying to get across.

Having a ferrari doesn't equate to shit. If you own your house and have enough equity in it, you can borrow that and buy a ferrari cash and pay for a ferrari like you're paying for a house mortgage. It's that simple. So before you guys go pointing fingers to me, understand what I'm trying to get across first.

Fucking douchebags...no wonder people really do hate bmw drivers...

ib4 they hate you /e90post
there you go again......
ejazbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2007, 01:24 AM   #25
435i
Lieutenant Colonel
 
435i's Avatar
 
Drives: Bicycle
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 靚 Hongcouver

Posts: 1,775
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to 435i
Some things are better left unsaid. ibtl
__________________
435i is online now   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2007, 01:39 AM   #26
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
 
djmatty's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 330i; 1999 328i (RIP)
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: somewhere south

Posts: 282
iTrader: (0)

My 330i almost kept up with a Carrera GT. It was AWESOME, I had to come straight home and post about it.
__________________
djmatty is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2007, 02:52 AM   #27
nico335
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
hey pancake"wafflez" its ok man we are all still here for you dont kill yourself man
 
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2007, 02:54 AM   #28
nico335
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeWafflez View Post
I would not pay $160k more for a ferrari when a highly modded 3 can keep up with one.
your "highly modded 3" consist of what? tint?

 
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2007, 07:36 AM   #29
DBville
Private
 
Drives: Not yet
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Birmingham, AL

Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeWafflez View Post
I'm 'rice' because I have a BOV on my car?

I'm guessing you would call smokey nagata and his $200k+ supra a ricer because he's got a bov?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Nahh, really built cars have a reason for the BOV. Your reason is to be a ricer. You want it for the sound. You have a sedan, white, no less, and then want the noise to draw attention to you? Wouldn't your Daddy buy you a flaming read coupe? Maybe with a big wing on back?

And you wonder why the Ferrari was embarrassing you? I'll give you a clue - He was showing you that even with your obnoxious BOV, you were no match, and he only did that because of your BOV. Clueless - From a dig you will do pretty well against him. From a roll, where he is in the right gear, turning 6,000 RPM - ain't gonna happen!! He was trying to educate you. Apparently you are a slow learner.
__________________
-----------------------------

'08 E90 335i
Sparkling Graphite
PCD 11/28
DBville is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2007, 08:34 AM   #30
Couch
Colonel
 
Couch's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston

Posts: 2,903
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Couch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
+102381023810317829

I couldn't agree more, no offense to the 335 owners I mean theres some great guys here with 335 that actually have something interesting to say, and are really down to earth, but then theres people on here like the op who just keep going on and on about "Oh shit my 335 just beat a F599" WE GET IT THE 335 IS FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1

Makes the whole lot of us 335 drivers look like dip-shit, elitist tool-bags.
Couch is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #31
Taittinger
Major
 
Taittinger's Avatar
 
Drives: Monaco Blue E92
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ

Posts: 1,019
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
+1

Makes the whole lot of us 335 drivers look like dip-shit, elitist tool-bags.
I think that is the general difference between older drivers of 335 and the younger; the older ones have learned there will always be something faster and it is not something worth pursuing. Just enjoy the ride you have. The younger still have something to prove, and maybe learn. General observation, not directed at individuals.
__________________


'07 Monaco Blue 335i ordered 9/4 built 9/21 shipped 9/28 arrived 10/12 at dealership 10/18 vroom 10/19 christened 11/3...
Taittinger is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2007, 09:45 AM   #32
DasBlitz
Major
 
DasBlitz's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw 328i 07
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: new england

Posts: 1,140
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to DasBlitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taittinger View Post
I think that is the general difference between older drivers of 335 and the younger; the older ones have learned there will always be something faster and it is not something worth pursuing. Just enjoy the ride you have. The younger still have something to prove, and maybe learn. General observation, not directed at individuals.
I agree more so on this forum. Although there a many guys who have been tools and we dont know their age.

Outside of the forums, whenever I see a 335i owner its usually an older male. which I would assume is a majority of the owners so that would mean most of the elitist are the older individuals.
__________________
DasBlitz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2007, 12:59 PM   #33
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
 
Drives: 08' 328i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 90036

Posts: 2,395
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
+102381023810317829

I couldn't agree more, no offense to the 335 owners I mean theres some great guys here with 335 that actually have something interesting to say, and are really down to earth, but then theres people on here like the op who just keep going on and on about "Oh shit my 335 just beat a F599" WE GET IT THE 335 IS FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously. I swear, people will compare the 335 to every fucking car out there. Jesus, the 335i doesn't beat everything!!

I can't wait till someone compares their PROcede 335i to the Enzo and Veyron. I could hear it now.
"I was this close to pulling on the Enzo"
Los Angeles is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2007, 01:06 PM   #34
nico335
Guest
 
Drives:

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
Seriously. I swear, people will compare the 335 to every fucking car out there. Jesus, the 335i doesn't beat everything!!

I can't wait till someone compares their PROcede 335i to the Enzo and Veyron. I could hear it now.
"I was this close to pulling on the Enzo"
hah i wouldnt be surprised man.... its gotta happen someday soon. maybe when V3 is out
 
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2007, 01:10 PM   #35
schneid4323
Banned
 
Drives: 335i, M6
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dallas TX

Posts: 1,134
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to schneid4323
My 335 is faster than this thread. I cannot beat a ferrari. I can eat M's. Porsche turbos are a no go, the caymann s and such get owned.
schneid4323 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #36
FirstClass
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 3,199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeWafflez View Post
I would not pay $160k more for a ferrari when a highly modded 3 can keep up with one.
I would.

To be fair though, you paid 50k for a 3 that is slower than a tuner costing far less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid4323 View Post
My 335 is faster than this thread. I cannot beat a ferrari. I can eat M's. Porsche turbos are a no go, the caymann s and such get owned.
When you say M's you refer to stock e46's I assume? I can't see your 335 beating your M6 and I assume you would agree.
__________________
328xi Coupe, Montego Blue on Black with Alum, Step, Sport, Premium, CA, PDC, Cold Weather (Damn Pennsylvania winters)
Current Mods: Heavy right foot - Planned Mods: Lightweight right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
FirstClass is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST