BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #1
alipali
Private
1
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Lease end buyout - should I? Advice please!

Have been doing some research on negotiating the residual for lease buyout. BMW Financial are a dead end, so just wondering if any of you had any luck with negotiating with dealerships.

Mine gave me a flat no. But I'm going to try again, maybe ask higher up the food chain.

My residual is $39.5 k for 2011 M3 Coupe w/ 37k miles.

Lease end costs: $1600 for new hood (Thanks Deer), + $800 for miles overage.

Good deal to keep it?

Can you buy through a new dealer (not he one you leased it from)?

Thanks!
Al
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
carchrism5
Major
carchrism5's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,203
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CT

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to carchrism5
And the $350 disposition fee. If its a well optioned car it sounds like a great deal.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
euro*
Second Lieutenant
euro*'s Avatar
Canada
2
Rep
205
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

how many miles are you over?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
geneatals
Ninja
geneatals's Avatar
Philippines
44
Rep
3,207
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)

iTrader: (2)

man, second time this month I've heard bmwfs and dealerships not budging on the buyout price at lease end on an e9x m3. My other friend ending up cpo'ing it which helped a little. I've been told our cars resale value has been very good, especially overseas so I would assume BMW would rather get the car back and resell at a higher price and hopefully get us to lease another car. I'll be in the same boat soon as Novemeber will be 90 days out from my lease end...I'm hoping to buy out my car as well, but we shall see how the numbers workout....
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 07:05 AM   #5
gatorfast
Colonel
gatorfast's Avatar
33
Rep
2,672
Posts

 
Drives: MR E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoFla

iTrader: (3)

$39.5k is definitely well below market value for a 2011 with low mileage. Why would BMW negotiate when they know if you turn the car in the can re-sell it for probably well into the 40's or beyond?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #6
alipali
Private
1
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

I'm over by about 8k miles - so that's in the $1200 range.

I'm getting quoted 4.14% / 60 months to buy the car uncertified, 1.9% or 0.9% certified for 60 and 48 months respectively.

That 4.14 % seems high and I'd be quick to refinance and save a point. Again, anyone have experience with finance rates, are they BMWF fixed or is there play at different dealerships?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #7
Craigy
Sporty Puristic 6
Craigy's Avatar
2
Rep
242
Posts

 
Drives: '09 M3
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
$39.5k is definitely well below market value for a 2011 with low mileage. Why would BMW negotiate when they know if you turn the car in the can re-sell it for probably well into the 40's or beyond?
Yeah you could buy the car yourself today and flip it for more tomorrow on a optioned 2011 with those miles. It would be a little hassle, and sales tax might add some cost, but you're below market.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #8
Craigy
Sporty Puristic 6
Craigy's Avatar
2
Rep
242
Posts

 
Drives: '09 M3
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alipali View Post
I'm over by about 8k miles - so that's in the $1200 range.

I'm getting quoted 4.14% / 60 months to buy the car uncertified, 1.9% or 0.9% certified for 60 and 48 months respectively.

That 4.14 % seems high and I'd be quick to refinance and save a point. Again, anyone have experience with finance rates, are they BMWF fixed or is there play at different dealerships?
4% is high. Depending on your credit, you may have better luck finding your own financing. I've been looking and by best 60mo quote was 2.49% if you had to do 60 months.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
alipali
Private
1
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Hey Craigy, where did you get the quote?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #10
alipali
Private
1
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

For the record, BMWF rates range from 5% to 15% - they said they want to push the business to the dealerships and don't compete. So don't bother with them.

Going from dealer to dealer I've been able to shave some fractions off the interest.

There's no budging on the residual as the car is under market value and, as I was told, in high demand.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #11
Craigy
Sporty Puristic 6
Craigy's Avatar
2
Rep
242
Posts

 
Drives: '09 M3
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alipali View Post
Hey Craigy, where did you get the quote?
USAA and also a local credit union.

If you aren't eligible for USAA check with your local credit unions and see what they're offering.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #12
MWM3
Banned
2
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

do it brah
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #13
alipali
Private
1
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)



But "it" could also mean this!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #14
alipali
Private
1
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Or this:

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #15
alipali
Private
1
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Equally, driving one of these after an M3 may sink me into depression.

One just never knows.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #16
Craigy
Sporty Puristic 6
Craigy's Avatar
2
Rep
242
Posts

 
Drives: '09 M3
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (0)

Haha yeah it's all about what you want in a vehicle.

After getting rear ended twice in about a year, I swore I was going to buy an SUV... but that wore off.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #17
mosx
The mod bug has bitten.
United_States
7
Rep
565
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Texas

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Buy it and finance through dcu.org - 1.99% for 60 months. Gotta be a member but its free to become one. They'll finance cars up to 10 years old at that rate.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #18
Dave07997S
Colonel
38
Rep
2,555
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP Coupe
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Playa del Rey, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
man, second time this month I've heard bmwfs and dealerships not budging on the buyout price at lease end on an e9x m3. My other friend ending up cpo'ing it which helped a little. I've been told our cars resale value has been very good, especially overseas so I would assume BMW would rather get the car back and resell at a higher price and hopefully get us to lease another car. I'll be in the same boat soon as Novemeber will be 90 days out from my lease end...I'm hoping to buy out my car as well, but we shall see how the numbers workout....
Thats because the residual is low vs. what the car can sell for. My residual was $38K and the dealer offered me $44K on trade, they want you to walk away.

Dave
__________________
2013 M3 Coupe-MR/BLK ZCP, ACM test pipes, BPM Stg2 dev. tune and Megan catback, AFE Stg2. with C/F elbow
Previous rides: 2011 M3 Coupe-MR/Blk
2007 Porsche 997C2S Speed Yellow/Blk sport seats
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #19
M3LISSA
Lieutenant
M3LISSA's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
437
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90, M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

I had the same problem, they will NOT negotiate the price. The bottom line is you signed the papers in the beginning of the lease knowing what the buyout would be at lease end. I did end up CPO'ing mine with them as well, it saved me a tiny amount of money, as compared to buying a warranty separate. I financed through BMW at 0.4%. It worked out for me, a little bit of a headache being that I had some mods on the car, so it interfered with the CPO process, but its done, signed and the car is mine. If you love it.. then buy it... It is a good price, and my guy said I will get more money if I ever decide to sell it privately anyway. Im happy....
__________________
2011 E90 M3 // Alpine White // 20" BBS LM's, blah blah
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #20
Ghetto2315
Major
United_States
32
Rep
1,288
Posts

 
Drives: Like I Stole It...
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The REAL Jersey Shore

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Residual Buyout at lease end is NOT negotiable. End of story
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 11:59 AM   #21
ijnoj09
modjunkie
ijnoj09's Avatar
Philippines
2
Rep
166
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal 909/626

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3L View Post
I had the same problem, they will NOT negotiate the price. The bottom line is you signed the papers in the beginning of the lease knowing what the buyout would be at lease end. I did end up CPO'ing mine with them as well, it saved me a tiny amount of money, as compared to buying a warranty separate. I financed through BMW at 0.4%. It worked out for me, a little bit of a headache being that I had some mods on the car, so it interfered with the CPO process, but its done, signed and the car is mine. If you love it.. then buy it... It is a good price, and my guy said I will get more money if I ever decide to sell it privately anyway. Im happy....

when you CPO'd the car... what trouble did you have to go through with the mods? did you have to return the car back to stock when they inspected it? just wondering as I'm gonna be in the same situation and looking at my options.
__________________

Instagram: @jonji_pas
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #22
positiveions
Lieutenant General
positiveions's Avatar
Lebanon
114
Rep
10,529
Posts

 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Is that residual set by the original contract? Did you communicate with BMW financial or the dealer?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST