BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

GTB Performance

10-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
BFLJR
Rep

Drives: 2008 Toyota FJ Crusier

Need help in DC / No. Va. Area!

Hey guys, I live in NC about 5 hrs from DC and I am seriously looking at a used M3 at Capitol Auto in McLean Va. I am planning to make a trip up there this Friday but would love to have someone in this area take a look at it for me before I make the trip up just in case there is a "deal breaker" that is not obvious "on line". I am wiling to pay for your time/ expertise. As an alternative, are there any professional car inspectors in this area that anyone could recommend? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
LucWerkz
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: e70 X5 4.8i (Temporarily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFLJR View Post
Hey guys, I live in NC about 5 hrs from DC and I am seriously looking at a used M3 at Capitol Auto in McLean Va. I am planning to make a trip up there this Friday but would love to have someone in this area take a look at it for me before I make the trip up just in case there is a "deal breaker" that is not obvious "on line". I am wiling to pay for your time/ expertise. As an alternative, are there any professional car inspectors in this area that anyone could recommend? Thanks!
I drive by Capitol Auto everyday on my way home from work. I'll take a look for you tomorrow. Give me a VIN or something.

Best PPI in the area would have to be RRT in Sterling.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Pay someone for their time and expense for a PPI at a dealership at RRT.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #4
BFLJR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Baron View Post
I drive by Capitol Auto everyday on my way home from work. I'll take a look for you tomorrow. Give me a VIN or something.

Hey Red Baron, that would be awesome!

It is a 2011 silverstone sedan with approx 35000 miles. It is a manual but pretty much loaded otherwise. It is exactly what I have been looking for - just want to make sure there are no "skeletons in its closet". It has a clean Carfax and I have confirmed through other sources that it was serviced regularly ( even though that's not clear on the Carfax). The asking price is $47950. You can see it on cars.com.

The main things you can check for me would be to make sure it's not a" smokers car". They say definitely not but I want to make sure. And of course, look for any signs of body damage/repair. They have been up front with me about it the (rear?)bumper being repainted due to to having scratches but they say the match is perfect and otherwise the car is "pristine" inside and out. Would love to have you confirm that.

And thanks on the tip about RRT. Maybe I can schedule something with them when / if I come up this Friday and assuming Capitol will allow it. I will PM you later with more information - assuming I can figure out how to do it!

Thanks again!!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #5
Haywood
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe

Quote:

It is a 2011 silverstone sedan with approx 35000 miles. It is a manual but pretty much loaded otherwise. It is exactly what I have been looking for - just want to make sure there are no "skeletons in its closet". It has a clean Carfax and I have confirmed through other sources that it was serviced regularly ( even though that's not clear on the Carfax). The asking price is $47950. You can see it on cars.com.

The main things you can check for me would be to make sure it's not a" smokers car". They say definitely not but I want to make sure. And of course, look for any signs of body damage/repair. They have been up front with me about it the (rear?)bumper being repainted due to to having scratches but they say the match is perfect and otherwise the car is "pristine" inside and out. Would love to have you confirm that.

And thanks on the tip about RRT. Maybe I can schedule something with them when / if I come up this Friday and assuming Capitol will allow it. I will PM you later with more information - assuming I can figure out how to do it!

Thanks again!!
Might want to consider this one, too. Looks really nice and less miles.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=903495
      10-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #6
LucWerkz
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFLJR
Quote:

Thanks again!!
Ok I'll drop by after work today and inspect. I'll try and take pictures of possible issues and post them tonight.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
BFLJR
Rep

Quote:
Ok I'll drop by after work today and inspect. I'll try and take pictures of possible issues and post them tonight.
Thanks so much!!!! Please call me when you get a chance or even while you are looking at the car. 336-266-0647. They know I am planning to come up Friday if everything checks out so ok to tell them that you are looking for me or you can stay "undercover" if you prefer! Again thanks so much!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #8
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

^ nice find, but please DON'T pay $47k for that car.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #9
soniczoom5
S65 FTW!!!
Rep

Drives: 2011 E90 BMW M3 Silverstone

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
^ nice find, but please DON'T pay $47k for that car.
agreed; the price seems a bit high with that amount of miles....but it guess it is a sellers market lately....not many m3's to choose from
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #10
LucWerkz
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Thanks so much!!!! Please call me when you get a chance or even while you are looking at the car. 336-266-0647. They know I am planning to come up Friday if everything checks out so ok to tell them that you are looking for me or you can stay "undercover" if you prefer! Again thanks so much!
Here you go, pics I took. Let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #11
BFLJR
Rep

Hey just want to thank everyone for their responses and especially the "red baron" for taking the time to check out the car for me. A picture is worth a thousand words! Looks like my quest for my silverstone e90 will continue for a while longer. Thanks again and I am sure I will be back with more questions.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #12
cotmfk
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i

Good call. The gap difference is huge!! Too bad. There will be more though!!