BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
vzm3
Member
vzm3's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
238
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

What in the F*CK!!!!!

Sorry guys this is going to be a rant thread. To start from the top, I work really hard for the sh!t that I have, im 23, I have my own house my own car, my wife and a gorgeous daughter.

Im sick and tired of some people treating me differently than how they would treat someone who was 40 or had double the bodybuild i have?!!! Im very respectful but damn sometimes you just want to snap on someone, so ok experience of the day: I have been taking my car to the same BMW dealer for service since I got it, I drive my car thru roads, dirt paths, anything that a car is able to go thru...with that in mind, I also work a lot of hours so I dont have the time to clean my car every week on schedule.

I can tell that some of the technicians in my dealer say "oh, heres this kid's m3, he obviously doesnt give a shit about the car so.. lets go to town on it". Several times I have taken my car in for something they brush it off as something minor and tell me not to worry about it like im some 12 year old kid.

So I take my car in for a simple oil change, my trip meter has exactly 32.7 miles on it (since i reset it every time I fill up so that I can monitor the miles I am getting per tank). So I get my car back, the oil (as far as I know has been changed) the trip meter has been reset back to 0. and the screen that is being displayed on the idrive is the trip that says distance, mpg, etc.. it has ALSO been reset. I mean WTF? on top of that the car is making the sound IT typically makes when I drive it hard. This is the SAME dealer that I have witnessed the some of the associates drive a used range rover like it was stolen, and toyed around with a GTR that someone had traded in "trying to make donuts on a 4WD"- quote from the sales rep & no I was not part of it nor did I know any of this prior to buying my car there.

I mean I get it, its a nice car, but damn respect other people's property, Its my car, and If I want to beat the SHT out of it I CAN, not some douche that is acting like a 18 year old driving a fast car for the first time.

My question is, what should I do?? What do you guys recommend, It has been bothering me LIKE CRAZY all day! FXCK.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. I know my car, and I know when the gas indicator starts going down after I fill it up to the max. Typically after about 45-60 miles I start to see it drop maybe like an 1/8th of a tank. When I get the car back, its a little over 3/4 full (when I gave it to them, the indicator seemed fine at the full position). I mean come on, for the ones that say they dont see anything wrong here.


-rant over

Last edited by vzm3; 10-17-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
tpowerdinny
Specialist
8
Rep
672
Posts

 
Drives: A Tricycle
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Really as long as you don't have real evidence to back it up everyone will let this fall on deaf ears. Sorry to hear this happens to you. I'd stick a disguised camera in there next time.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
SilentAttack
Major
17
Rep
1,413
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90 Jerez Black 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

I would speak with the manager about the issue you had
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
ibmike
What the Hell ?
ibmike's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,518
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 e92 DCT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (6)

Go to the Top person at the dealership and tell he your going to call BMW north America if you have to, talk to the service manager and if he doesn't take you serious he'll probably get fired.
__________________
Life's a Bitch,Just make sure that Bitch is Beautiful.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
M3/4 life
First Lieutenant
M3/4 life's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
351
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: League City, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2004 Lexus RX 330  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Every time I take my car to the dealership a couple of days later I get a survey asking me how my service was and I always fill them out in detail. And you better believe they do read them, I had an issue once; my survey came filled it out and have never had a problem since. Now when I pull in itís good morning Sir & your SA will be right with you.
__________________
2009 E92 M3 DCT: BPM tune + DCT tune & Servotronic | Velos Solo VII 19x 8.5, 19x11 | Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/35/19 front 295/30/19 rear | M Performance Exhaust | BCM Air Intake Filter
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
Hujan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
27
Rep
1,972
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3; 2010 Z4 35i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (4)

Took my M3 to a local dealer. Got it back. System started playing some weird heavy metal. I'm like, "WTF?!" Saw that a CD was playing. Pushed the "eject" button. A burned "No Remorse" CD with a swastika on it pops out.

I'm one of those that, to quote Jules, "Don't dig on swine," if you know what I mean.

Gotta tread carefully with the dealers.
__________________
E92 M3: BPM Sport Stg. 2 | Akrapovic Evolution | Brembo GT 380/380 | Ohlins R&T w/ Vorshlags | RD Sport sways

E89 Z4 35i: Cobb Stg. 1+ | Evolution Racewerks FMIC w/ CP | Tial BOV | BMS filter | BMS OCC | BMS oil thermo
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
Agent-GHQ
First Lieutenant
Agent-GHQ's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
383
Posts

 
Drives: '13 AW ///M3 E92 MT Comp Pkg
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

I don't think "double the body build" remark has any validity!! The age thing..... well like the saying goes "perception" is everything thing.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #8
vzm3
Member
vzm3's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
238
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpowerdinny View Post
Really as long as you don't have real evidence to back it up everyone will let this fall on deaf ears. Sorry to hear this happens to you. I'd stick a disguised camera in there next time.
Thats what I'm thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAttack View Post
I would speak with the manager about the issue you had
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
Go to the Top person at the dealership and tell he your going to call BMW north America if you have to, talk to the service manager and if he doesn't take you serious he'll probably get fired.
This is absolutely going to happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3/4 life View Post
Every time I take my car to the dealership a couple of days later I get a survey asking me how my service was and I always fill them out in detail. And you better believe they do read them, I had an issue once; my survey came filled it out and have never had a problem since. Now when I pull in itís good morning Sir & your SA will be right with you.
If I get one of those I absolutely will!! thanks for the suggestion
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #9
rjd598
Brigadier General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
4,645
Posts

 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ View Post
I don't think "double the body build" remark has any validity!! The age thing..... well like the saying goes "perception" is everything thing.
So you agree just because he looks young that he should be treated like a young person who knows nothing?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #10
JAM3S
Captain
JAM3S's Avatar
7
Rep
601
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (1)

Find a different dealership. I have full sleeve tattoos and look relatively younger than my 30 yrs would suggest. I get ignored at certain dealerships and treated well at others.

Dont really see what the complaint is with your post though. Why not take your car to a carwash place before taking it to the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #11
vzm3
Member
vzm3's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
238
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
Find a different dealership. I have full sleeve tattoos and look relatively younger than my 30 yrs would suggest. I get ignored at certain dealerships and treated well at others.

Dont really see what the complaint is with your post though. Why not take your car to a carwash place before taking it to the dealer?
My complain is that I strongly believe the car was taken for a little joyride by the someone while it was being "serviced"
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
vzm3
Member
vzm3's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
238
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
So you agree just because he looks young that he should be treated like a young person who knows nothing?
I was thinking the same thing
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #13
Kunman
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
274
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzm3 View Post
Sorry guys this is going to be a rant thread. To start from the top, I work really hard for the sh!t that I have, im 23, I have my own house my own car, my wife and a gorgeous daughter.

Im sick and tired of some people treating me differently than how they would treat someone who was 40 or had double the bodybuild i have?!!! Im very respectful but damn sometimes you just want to snap on someone, so ok experience of the day: I have been taking my car to the same BMW dealer for service since I got it, I drive my car thru roads, dirt paths, anything that a car is able to go thru...with that in mind, I also work a lot of hours so I dont have the time to clean my car every week on schedule.

I can tell that some of the technicians in my dealer say "oh, heres this kid's m3, he obviously doesnt give a shit about the car so.. lets go to town on it". Several times I have taken my car in for something they brush it off as something minor and tell me not to worry about it like im some 12 year old kid.

So I take my car in for a simple oil change, my trip meter has exactly 32.7 miles on it (since i reset it every time I fill up so that I can monitor the miles I am getting per tank). So I get my car back, the oil (as far as I know has been changed) the trip meter has been reset back to 0. and the screen that is being displayed on the idrive is the trip that says distance, mpg, etc.. it has ALSO been reset. I mean WTF? on top of that the car is making the sound IT typically makes when I drive it hard. This is the SAME dealer that I have witnessed the some of the associates drive a used range rover like it was stolen, and toyed around with a GTR that someone had traded in "trying to make donuts on a 4WD"- quote from the sales rep & no I was not part of it nor did I know any of this prior to buying my car there.

I mean I get it, its a nice car, but damn respect other people's property, Its my car, and If I want to beat the SHT out of it I CAN, not some douche that is acting like a 18 year old driving a fast car for the first time.

My question is, what should I do?? What do you guys recommend, It has been bothering me LIKE CRAZY all day! FXCK.


-rant over
Trolls compromised the OP lololol.

BTW i think a reset is standard unless you ask them not to.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #14
atopa2002
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: Z3, LCI e90 335i, 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond,VA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunman View Post
Trolls compromised the OP lololol.

BTW i think a reset is standard unless you ask them not to.
A reset of the trip odometer is not standard for just an oil change.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #15
vzm3
Member
vzm3's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
238
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atopa2002 View Post
A reset of the trip odometer is not standard for just an oil change.
I didn't think so!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #16
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
119
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

what should you do? time to go to another dealer!

It's Miami, you probably got 5 dealers in a 40 mile radius.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #17
CdnM3
New Member
0
Rep
24
Posts

 
Drives: e90 ZSP
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Next time note the odometer mileage before taking the car in. You will know exactly how far it was driven for your "oil change". As things stand now, yes the trip meter was reset but without having taken note of odometer before dropping the car off there's not much you can do.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #18
TrevorM3
Lieutenant Colonel
16
Rep
1,508
Posts

 
Drives: S54
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

i;ve seen a dealer down drive some cars VERY crazy also. Those guys don't give a shit.

one of the reasons my cars never go to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #19
tdott
Lieutenant
8
Rep
476
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: T.Dot

iTrader: (1)

Happens all the time. Has nothing to do with you. That's why I prefer to do my own oil changes.

If anyone has to touch my car I watch them like a hawk.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #20
Agent-GHQ
First Lieutenant
Agent-GHQ's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
383
Posts

 
Drives: '13 AW ///M3 E92 MT Comp Pkg
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
So you agree just because he looks young that he should be treated like a young person who knows nothing?
Halloween is around the corner, maybe they should hand him a candy bar too! j/k
We only herd one side of the story. And I'm assuming he bought the car where he had it serviced. And if he can managed to buy an ///M3 at 23, there shouldn't be any issue with the serviced dept with the OP's claim of being a post-teen age just simply feeling neglected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzm3 View Post
I was thinking the same thing
You need to grow some balls young man and go straight to the Mgr, that's what they are for. If that fails, call BMW North America.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #21
Hai_Cheo
Captain
94
Rep
605
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

So don't take it to a dealer?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #22
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
13,002
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

I would discuss with the SA seriously as well as someone higher up as suggested. You don't need to be 200lbs or 40 to be taken seriously, you have to act like an adult and talk to them like you deserve respect. Fear of bodily harm isn't going to get you anyplace with them, its not high school.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST