BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

Evolve Automotive
Closed Thread

10-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
mdosu
Banned

Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Bay Area Cars and Coffee?

Hey everyone, I'm new to SF (just moved here from DC - not Daly City- if you noticed my m3post photo journal thread)

Anyways, I've searched google and I've only found one Cars and Coffee event in the Bay Area. It's the one at Santana Row in San Jose every Saturday between 9:30-12:30.

My question is, is this the best in the bay area? Based on the information I've gathered online, this meet is VERY hit-or-miss, and you're dependent on a major club or group of people from Luxury4play or 6speedonline to attend to make the event noteworthy.

I'm used to C&C events where at least 30-40 cars show up on a consistent basis. Is this one of those types of events? If not, what else should I look for? Or which other forums/blogs/facebook accounts should I read to get posted on events?
mdosu is offline   No_Country
      10-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
Z K
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E90 M3

Welcome to SF!

I've been to the Santana Row meet. It is very hit and miss depending on which groups are planning to go.

It is planned every Saturday morning but you should check to see which Saturday large groups are going to make your trip worthwhile. There will always be a few cars there but it won't be a large group all the time.

I don't think there is any large car gathering that happens consistently every week in the bay area. Every car group has their own meets and consistent "mixed" car meets are rare.
      10-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Boo-E
Captain

Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP DCT AW

Send a message via Skype™ to Boo-E
When cars show up for the Santa Row c&c there usually worth seeing. Lots of Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc. Very hit and miss though. I'm in Burlingame daily if you want to meet up for coffee.
2011.75 E90 ZCP DCT AW OEM CF splitters, mirror, and spoiler, Challenge race diffuser, Dinan Exhaust, ESS Mid Pipe, ESS VT2-625, P3 Gauge, Brembo 380mm 6/4, Endless pads, Dinan Struts, BMW performance steering wheel, Platte Forme AG side skirts, and 20'' Strasse Forged SM7
Boo-E is offline   United_States
      10-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
mdosu
Banned

thanks for the reply guys! This Saturday I'm heading down to San Carlos for the REI garage sale (might have to shove a kayak into my M3!). My cousin is lining up for tickets, I figure I'll give San Jose C&C a shot if I'm not significantly delayed after shopping.
      10-09-2013, 01:55 AM   #5
skiborsy
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 Le Mans Blue E90 M3

This weekend there's a Cars & Caffeine, which is a bigger thing. No Santana Row on the weekends it's on, as I understand it.
http://clubautosport.net/event-cente...ffeine-series/
      10-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
mdosu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiborsy View Post
This weekend there's a Cars & Caffeine, which is a bigger thing. No Santana Row on the weekends it's on, as I understand it.
http://clubautosport.net/event-cente...ffeine-series/
thanks, i came across that too. It appears this weekend is the last event. Based on the majority of the pictures, it looks like most of attendees are classic American muscle. Or is it a good 50/50 mix?

likely I'll go to this one on Saturday.

Last edited by mdosu; 10-09-2013 at 12:48 PM.
      10-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
skiborsy
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 Le Mans Blue E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
thanks, i came across that too. It appears this weekend is the last event. Based on the majority of the pictures, it looks like most of attendees are classic American muscle. Or is it a good 50/50 mix?

likely I'll go to this one on Saturday.
I've only been once but it was probably 75/25 new/old.

Lots of events with this group too: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...light=facebook
Closed Thread