BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #23
leigh
Major
leigh's Avatar
20
Rep
1,103
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjekl View Post
What part # do you require?
Center console and all carbon trims on the doors and stuff
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #24
leigh
Major
leigh's Avatar
20
Rep
1,103
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Hate to be the bad news guy in this thread but BMW will not sell the parts even with a VIN and part numbers. I have been trying on my own to get them. The only way we have had a chance to get the parts is from a close contact in Germany that has friends and family at the M-division.
They bring a car into Australia with this carbon console so that means with the vin I could get it
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #25
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Nate@IND's Avatar
491
Rep
10,450
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
They bring a car into Australia with this carbon console so that means with the vin I could get it
The (1 of 25) Frozen M3 was released in the US also. I called all local dealerships and sent request to BMW. It's not possible to get the parts unless you take the Frozen car in for service and BMW will request photos of the damaged parts that need replaced.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #26
leigh
Major
leigh's Avatar
20
Rep
1,103
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
The (1 of 25) Frozen M3 was released in the US also. I called all local dealerships and sent request to BMW. It's not possible to get the parts unless you take the Frozen car in for service and BMW will request photos of the damaged parts that need replaced.
I've just got a photo of the carbon parts that are available to me and center console is one of them
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #27
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Nate@IND's Avatar
491
Rep
10,450
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
I've just got a photo of the carbon parts that are available to me and center console is one of them
Nice. I hope they let you guys get them.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #28
drjekl
Captain
11
Rep
788
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
I've just got a photo of the carbon parts that are available to me and center console is one of them
That's awesome!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #29
DAL344
Private First Class
DAL344's Avatar
Australia
1
Rep
112
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 Pure Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Perth, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Hate to be the bad news guy in this thread but BMW will not sell the parts even with a VIN and part numbers. I have been trying on my own to get them. The only way we have had a chance to get the parts is from a close contact in Germany that has friends and family at the M-division.
Thanks for jumping on the thread Nate.
I'll drop you a PM when I'm ready to order
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #30
drjekl
Captain
11
Rep
788
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oz

iTrader: (0)

Well I have now got the part numbers guys:

Steering Wheel 7 984 035 ~ $1500 AUD
Handbrake 7 983 438 ~ $175
M3 CF Console 7 983 432 ~ $810

Note these prices is what I can source them for ex germany, your local friendly bmw dealer will charge a lot more

I an also source the remaining carbon fibre trim pices to complete the kit (door trim panels, rear console, dash pieces etc) for around $1600 ish ex germany (guessing around $1700 landed)

Please PM me for further details etc
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #31
MFKN3
Colonel
MFKN3's Avatar
Australia
40
Rep
2,043
Posts

 
Drives: 4.5L stroker s/c E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (2)

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #32
drjekl
Captain
11
Rep
788
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oz

iTrader: (0)

Have you got one yet or what?!?!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #33
JuzMe
Private First Class
JuzMe's Avatar
1
Rep
153
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: M Land

iTrader: (0)

Hi MFKN3. Does the steering wheel display show current speed? For regular driving on street, it'll be good to have display show current speed (km/hr); can that be set? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #34
MFKN3
Colonel
MFKN3's Avatar
Australia
40
Rep
2,043
Posts

 
Drives: 4.5L stroker s/c E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (2)

No it shows g-force, oil and water temps, 1/4mi times, rev limit lights, lap splits and times, stuff like that. I have the previous version of this wheel. When at track, I normally leave it on the oil and water temps (split screen). They used to be around $1500usd, I haven't seen them around lately though. They were about $3k in australia a couple years ago
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #35
JuzMe
Private First Class
JuzMe's Avatar
1
Rep
153
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: M Land

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKN3 View Post
No it shows g-force, oil and water temps, 1/4mi times, rev limit lights, lap splits and times, stuff like that. I have the previous version of this wheel. When at track, I normally leave it on the oil and water temps (split screen). They used to be around $1500usd, I haven't seen them around lately though. They were about $3k in australia a couple years ago
Thanks for the info.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 06:25 AM   #36
Agent_Orange
Second Lieutenant
Agent_Orange's Avatar
7
Rep
299
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Perth

iTrader: (1)

How good would that look in an Fire Orange M3

We might have to find out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by drjekl View Post
Well I have now got the part numbers guys:

Steering Wheel 7 984 035 ~ $1500 AUD
Handbrake 7 983 438 ~ $175
M3 CF Console 7 983 432 ~ $810

Note these prices is what I can source them for ex germany, your local friendly bmw dealer will charge a lot more

I an also source the remaining carbon fibre trim pices to complete the kit (door trim panels, rear console, dash pieces etc) for around $1600 ish ex germany (guessing around $1700 landed)

Please PM me for further details etc
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #37
drjekl
Captain
11
Rep
788
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-power View Post
How good would that look in an Fire Orange M3

We might have to find out.
It would certainly be extremely unique and cf contrasts so well with orange!

Watch this space haha
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 03:57 AM   #38
Melo-T
Private First Class
Melo-T's Avatar
Australia
1
Rep
132
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oz

iTrader: (2)

So has anyone been able to get the CF centre console, I know Agent Orange has got one but he informed me that they are pretty much impossible to get as RHD??? Anyone have any luck?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 04:15 AM   #39
ndau
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
47
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

It might be worth reaching out to bimmian.

The pictures show a RHD car but I can't see it in the prices section. Its obviously replica, but that may be the best we can do?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #40
TWD
Australia
21
Rep
1,068
Posts

 
Drives: All sorts of Cars
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo-T View Post
So has anyone been able to get the CF centre console, I know Agent Orange has got one but he informed me that they are pretty much impossible to get as RHD??? Anyone have any luck?
Yes, a member on here recently snapped up the last OEM RHD centre console that iND had

I'd send iND an email and try to organise a group buy for those who are after it.
Have seen the piece and it's very very nice!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST