BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

10-24-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
BimmerRookie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: E93 M3

Accident: Price of rear trunk deck E93?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Long story short, today I was rear ended by a large jacked-up pickup. The impact was at a slow speed, however, there is a good indentation in many places on the backside of the trunk lid. With that being said, would anybody know the price of an E93 M3 trunk lid? The reason why I ask is because I believe the trunk's dents can't be popped out, the damage looks "crunched." The damage exists only in-between the taillights on that upper portion of the back-end. There is no damage to the left or right tails, but there is significant damage to the center tail light. Also during the accident the roof was down, stored in the trunk, but the top functioned fine when I parked it.

So in this scenario, I've already filed a claim and sent in photos of the accident. Do you guys think they would replace the whole trunk lid? Also, would it be worth taking the car to a dealer and getting the convertible mechanisms looked at just to make sure there is no damage there?

This is my first accident EVER, so if any of y'all have any advice for me, I would really appreciate it. I'm super sad to already have an accident in it, I've only had it down here in Houston for less than one week

Thanks in advance...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
Beemdog
Woof!
United_States
Rep

Drives: '11 M3 ZCP LeMans Blue

Garage List
Trunk lid (convertible 2008) has an MSRP of $980. See P/N 41627193730.

Insist that they replace it (which they would likely do in this case anyway).
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 08:09 PM   #3
BimmerRookie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Awesome! thanks for the reply! Insist that they replace the whole lid? what about any of the convertible mechanisms?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #4
SilentAttack
Major
Rep

Drives: 08 E90 Jerez Black 6MT

I would get it checked out just incase. The last thing you want is to say its ok then have it break on u down the road.
      10-24-2014, 11:26 PM   #5
Vanmarsenille
In On The Kill Taker
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 E93 M3; 2010 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRookie View Post
Long story short, today I was rear ended by a large jacked-up pickup. The impact was at a slow speed, however, there is a good indentation in many places on the backside of the trunk lid. With that being said, would anybody know the price of an E93 M3 trunk lid? The reason why I ask is because I believe the trunk's dents can't be popped out, the damage looks "crunched." The damage exists only in-between the taillights on that upper portion of the back-end. There is no damage to the left or right tails, but there is significant damage to the center tail light. Also during the accident the roof was down, stored in the trunk, but the top functioned fine when I parked it.

So in this scenario, I've already filed a claim and sent in photos of the accident. Do you guys think they would replace the whole trunk lid? Also, would it be worth taking the car to a dealer and getting the convertible mechanisms looked at just to make sure there is no damage there?

This is my first accident EVER, so if any of y'all have any advice for me, I would really appreciate it. I'm super sad to already have an accident in it, I've only had it down here in Houston for less than one week

Thanks in advance...

Sorry to hear about your accident. Houston drivers are fucking terrible, but none worse than the cock-in-the-truck, a subspecies of which is the cowboy-cock-in-the-jacked-up-truck. It's a cry for help.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 10:04 PM   #6
iansanderson
Rep

Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

His insurance company will probably only pay for a "LKQ" (salvage/aftermarket) lid and center stop light + paintwork and install. If that's the case, I would be fine, in fact would prefer, a used lid as it would be genuine BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2014, 12:22 AM   #7
s85e90
Colonel
Rep

Drives: black e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansanderson View Post
His insurance company will probably only pay for a "LKQ" (salvage/aftermarket) lid and center stop light + paintwork and install. If that's the case, I would be fine, in fact would prefer, a used lid as it would be genuine BMW.
Third party cannot just pay for LKQ parts. They hit him and are on the hook. I wouldnt mine a used part though either.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 06:00 PM   #8
BimmerRookie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

So y'all are saying that non-OEM is fine?
Appreciate 0