BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Alpine HID
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #23
NikB316
Lieutenant
 
NikB316's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Somerset County, New Jersey

Posts: 596
iTrader: (4)

Wow awesome results man! I would be very happy with that. Been NA for some time now as I wait for the F30 M3/4. Very tempting to go this route to hold me off...decisions decisions.
__________________

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
NikB316 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2013, 01:19 AM   #24
flipm3
E46 + E90
 
Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

Posts: 2,768
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUDVL View Post
Awesome dude,good stuff !
Thanks buddy! Can't wait to see some updates on your build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Hagen View Post
Thanks!

Looking forward to the next video
If it wasn't single digit temps outside and snowing like crazy, I'd certainly take more. When Chicago thaws over, I'll try to take some good ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
Glad you made some power with their tune because I sure didn't.
From both my Stage 1 and 2 tune, I for sure noticed tangible power. Very pleased with the setup from Evolve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
Wow awesome results man! I would be very happy with that. Been NA for some time now as I wait for the F30 M3/4. Very tempting to go this route to hold me off...decisions decisions.
WHOA! I didn't know you sold the AA Rotrex kit! Did you ever go back to the dyno with your NA setup?
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
flipm3 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #25
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,396
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Alex, excellent detailed write up with the all important dyno results and vids as well, congrats!
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #26
flipm3
E46 + E90
 
Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

Posts: 2,768
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Alex, excellent detailed write up with the all important dyno results and vids as well, congrats!
Thanks man!

Now I'm making 50% power of the DLSJ5 beast, hahahaha
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
flipm3 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      12-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #27
ibmike
What the Hell ?
 
ibmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 e92 DCT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Michigan

Posts: 1,519
iTrader: (6)

Ive looked everywhere and i cant find the Evolve HFC x-pipe, any time i go onto evolve it just shows the Akra x pipe.

Link to the Evolve Please.

EDIT: Found a link in a thread, but it was for retail over sea's pricing and info.
__________________
Life's a Bitch,Just make sure that Bitch is Beautiful.

Last edited by ibmike; 12-19-2013 at 10:29 PM.
ibmike is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #28
flipm3
E46 + E90
 
Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

Posts: 2,768
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
Ive looked everywhere and i cant find the Evolve HFC x-pipe, any time i go onto evolve it just shows the Akra x pipe.

Link to the Evolve Please.

EDIT: Found a link in a thread, but it was for retail over sea's pricing and info.
Yeah it's not currently on their US site, but I sent you a PM.
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
flipm3 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #29
Sal@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire

Posts: 1,060
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
Ive looked everywhere and i cant find the Evolve HFC x-pipe, any time i go onto evolve it just shows the Akra x pipe.

Link to the Evolve Please.

EDIT: Found a link in a thread, but it was for retail over sea's pricing and info.
PM replied to.
Sal@Evolve is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #30
M0J0
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston

Posts: 165
iTrader: (0)

I am finally getting around to posting my results after the install. I did a stage 2 tune with evolve test pipes. Redline limit raised, cold start delete, speed limit delete, 93 oct, & servotronic. I swore I would never do this. I was not sure if a 10% power bump and 15% torque bump was worth 1500 bucks installed. I was wrong.

The install of the test pipes was pretty easy for the shop. No welding saved time. It seemed to go in pretty easy.

The program was cake to install and use. It took about 30 minutes to read the factory tune. I emailed it to Evolve. A day later I received the 240E update and the stage 2 tune. It took about 5 minutes to install each tune. This was about as easy as it gets.

I am not sure what the difference between 200E and 240E is. I know there was a HP bump between the original 80E and 240E.

I have waited a few weeks to give my driving impression. I don't drive a ton because of my central location in Houston. Everything is a mile or two from my house. My mpg has dropped about 1-1.5mpg. I think this is due to my lead foot lately exploring the new power. The increased tq seems to be the biggest difference. You can truly feel it. That is all I really have to say. There is a sizable different to the power. I did not think it would be this much of a difference.

The servotronic I have mixed feelings about. I am not sure if I like the heavier steering feel. I daily drive my car and don't track it. I know others have raved about it. I don't like the heavy feel at low speeds. Maybe it will grow on me.

Overall, this was very easy to do. It took no time at all. The results exceeded my expectations. I don't regret this purchase one bit. My only regret is I did not do this two years ago.
M0J0 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #31
Paul@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Paul@Evolve's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i, E60 M5, E92 M3, R56 MCS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sussex, UK

Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0J0 View Post
I am finally getting around to posting my results after the install. I did a stage 2 tune with evolve test pipes. Redline limit raised, cold start delete, speed limit delete, 93 oct, & servotronic. I swore I would never do this. I was not sure if a 10% power bump and 15% torque bump was worth 1500 bucks installed. I was wrong.

The install of the test pipes was pretty easy for the shop. No welding saved time. It seemed to go in pretty easy.

The program was cake to install and use. It took about 30 minutes to read the factory tune. I emailed it to Evolve. A day later I received the 240E update and the stage 2 tune. It took about 5 minutes to install each tune. This was about as easy as it gets.

I am not sure what the difference between 200E and 240E is. I know there was a HP bump between the original 80E and 240E.

I have waited a few weeks to give my driving impression. I don't drive a ton because of my central location in Houston. Everything is a mile or two from my house. My mpg has dropped about 1-1.5mpg. I think this is due to my lead foot lately exploring the new power. The increased tq seems to be the biggest difference. You can truly feel it. That is all I really have to say. There is a sizable different to the power. I did not think it would be this much of a difference.

The servotronic I have mixed feelings about. I am not sure if I like the heavier steering feel. I daily drive my car and don't track it. I know others have raved about it. I don't like the heavy feel at low speeds. Maybe it will grow on me.

Overall, this was very easy to do. It took no time at all. The results exceeded my expectations. I don't regret this purchase one bit. My only regret is I did not do this two years ago.
Thanks for the review! Glad your enjoying our products
Paul@Evolve is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #32
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
 
spool twice's Avatar
 
Drives: S65B40
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sarasota, FL

Posts: 1,192
iTrader: (7)

I wish I would have waited a month to get the test pipe package!! Looks to be top notch quality
__________________
E90 LCI M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue/Novillo Silver
[MS Pullies|K&N drop-in|Test Pipes |Evolve Stage II tune|Evolve Servotronic Map|Evolve M3 GTS-DCT file]
spool twice is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #33
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
 
spool twice's Avatar
 
Drives: S65B40
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sarasota, FL

Posts: 1,192
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0J0 View Post
I am finally getting around to posting my results after the install. I did a stage 2 tune with evolve test pipes. Redline limit raised, cold start delete, speed limit delete, 93 oct, & servotronic. I swore I would never do this. I was not sure if a 10% power bump and 15% torque bump was worth 1500 bucks installed. I was wrong.

The install of the test pipes was pretty easy for the shop. No welding saved time. It seemed to go in pretty easy.

The program was cake to install and use. It took about 30 minutes to read the factory tune. I emailed it to Evolve. A day later I received the 240E update and the stage 2 tune. It took about 5 minutes to install each tune. This was about as easy as it gets.

I am not sure what the difference between 200E and 240E is. I know there was a HP bump between the original 80E and 240E.

I have waited a few weeks to give my driving impression. I don't drive a ton because of my central location in Houston. Everything is a mile or two from my house. My mpg has dropped about 1-1.5mpg. I think this is due to my lead foot lately exploring the new power. The increased tq seems to be the biggest difference. You can truly feel it. That is all I really have to say. There is a sizable different to the power. I did not think it would be this much of a difference.

The servotronic I have mixed feelings about. I am not sure if I like the heavier steering feel. I daily drive my car and don't track it. I know others have raved about it. I don't like the heavy feel at low speeds. Maybe it will grow on me.

Overall, this was very easy to do. It took no time at all. The results exceeded my expectations. I don't regret this purchase one bit. My only regret is I did not do this two years ago.
My only regret is that I shred through tires more

I'm sure the MPG drop is due to your foot as well When driven conservatively, I actually saw an increase in MPG (even more so now that I used a different weight oil).

On the servotronic, have you noticed an increase in stability when the car is driven straight down the road? You'll get used to it, if not, I'm sure Sal can work his magic and refile to something more to your liking. I noticed that it transformed the car into a Teutonic tank that's pulled with a magnetic force to the road. Plus, the steering feedback/road feel has increased with the heavier file.
__________________
E90 LCI M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue/Novillo Silver
[MS Pullies|K&N drop-in|Test Pipes |Evolve Stage II tune|Evolve Servotronic Map|Evolve M3 GTS-DCT file]
spool twice is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #34
KennyPowers
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .....
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gulf Coast

Posts: 3,617
iTrader: (13)

OK, can anyone clarify whether a servo tune is possible if the car does NOT have the M button?

good review, evolve makes good products.
KennyPowers is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2014, 10:14 AM   #35
flipm3
E46 + E90
 
Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

Posts: 2,768
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
OK, can anyone clarify whether a servo tune is possible if the car does NOT have the M button?

good review, evolve makes good products.
It sure is!

I have no options on my car. No iDrive. No MDM. Evolve Servo Tune works great.
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
flipm3 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST