BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

INDustry distribution

10-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #23
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
I don't agree that the Dems share any kind of blame for this shutdown.
Not quite.

They are all responsible really...

Here is an interesting perspective: http://townhall.com/columnists/thoma...nment-n1716292
      10-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #24
Andy H.
Banned

Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

Quote:
Maybe the GOP should stop putting it's fingers in it's ears and yelling "wah wah wah".
Oh please! Really?

The problem lies primarily with our idiot POTUS. He has ZERO leadership skills. I like how he says he is willing to negotiate but only AFTER the house passes his desired new debt ceiling with no cuts in spending. He is pathetic, arrogant and irresponsible.

That's like me buying a new BMW from the local dealership, paying whatever they ask up front before they are willing to negotiate the price I'm willing to pay!

In the meantime, he is intentionally looking for every way he can make the shutdown the most painful for the folks. Among other things, it is simply disgraceful the way he failed to pay the recently deceased military folks families their promised death benefits.

He thinks he is a dictator and whatever he says goes. What a complete and absolute embarrassment to our great nation.

Last edited by Andy H.; 10-10-2013 at 06:42 PM.
      10-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #25
SouthPaw

Drives: 2010 328 4 door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
Oh please! Really?

The problem lies primarily with our idiot POTUS. He has ZERO leadership skills. I like how he says he is willing to negotiate but only AFTER the house passes his desired new debt ceiling with no cuts in spending. He is pathetic, arrogant and irresponsible.

That's like me buying a new BMW from the local dealership, paying whatever they ask up front before they are willing to negotiate the price I'm willing to pay!

In the meantime, he is intentionally looking for every way he can make the shutdown the most painful for the folks. Among other things, it is simply disgraceful the way he failed to pay the recently deceased military folks families their promised death benefits.

He thinks he is a dictator and whatever he says goes. What a complete and absolute embarrassment to our great nation.
Oh Andy H., you sound so cute. Have you ever looked the word dictator up in a dictionary? You can even use Wikipedia, they'll give you a definition of it. You can disagree with POTUS all you want, but to declare him a dictator is some pretty strong hyperbole.
      10-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #26
Andy H.
Banned

Quote:
Oh Andy H., you sound so cute. Have you ever looked the word dictator up in a dictionary? You can even use Wikipedia, they'll give you a definition of it. You can disagree with POTUS all you want, but to declare him a dictator is some pretty strong hyperbole.
And this folks, is why Obama won a second term and our nation is in the financial straits it is in.

Hell, his track record, since he became prez, says it all? Does it not?

Last edited by Andy H.; 10-10-2013 at 07:26 PM.
      10-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #27
SouthPaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
And this folks, is why Obama won a second term and our nation is in the financial straits it is in.
See, you still can't even come up with a decent argument. Please enlighten me as to how President Obama is acting like a dictator? Oh, you can't that's why you decided to not address it. You were caught in hyperbole, own it.

President Obama won the reelection because the GOP has yet to be able to put a decent candidate up for the American people to vote for. And from the looks of things, they won't be able to field a decent candidate for years to come. This little mess Ted Cruz and his Tea Bagger buddies have created has shut the GOP out of 2014 & 2016 elections. Well done GOP.
      10-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #28
Andy H.
Banned

Quote:
See, you still can't even come up with a decent argument. Please enlighten me as to how President Obama is acting like a dictator? Oh, you can't that's why you decided to not address it. You were caught in hyperbole, own it.

President Obama won the reelection because the GOP has yet to be able to put a decent candidate up for the American people to vote for. And from the looks of things, they won't be able to field a decent candidate for years to come. This little mess Ted Cruz and his Tea Bagger buddies have created has shut the GOP out of 2014 & 2016 elections. Well done GOP.
I did. I can't help the ignorant. Take a chill pill and relax. I know it's hard for you to stay calm when you can't win the argument.

Maybe your problem is that you are using wikipedia as your resource for understanding. What a joke!

Last edited by Andy H.; 10-10-2013 at 08:02 PM.
      10-11-2013, 01:15 AM   #29
bbbbmw
Lieutenant

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Here's a few dictator moves:

1. Obama decided that the Employer Mandate for Obamacare needed to be delayed for one year - which is absolutely not his call. If a law is going to be changed, it needs to be changed by Congress. And the GOP in Congress is asking to delay the Individual Mandate to match the Employer Mandate. But Obama/Reid won't discuss it, saying that Obamacare has already become law.

2. Syria - an illegal war waged by Obama alone, for over the 60 day limit authorized by the President (note: previous presidents have always engaged Congress for approval before getting near the 60 day limit).

3. Obama saying "if he had a son, he would look like Trayvon" - completely inappropriate.

4. Obama interfering in the Professor's arrest in MA, where he was finally reduced to "having a beer" at the White House - sticking his nose where it didn't belong.

5. Michelle Obama and the school lunch program - just strange.

6. Fast and Furious.

7. Immigration enforcement - which he twists enforcement as he sees fit.

8. NSA Spying.

9. Not submitting a budget on time, nor a reasonable budget, nor being on time with any of the midsession reviews of the budget - not once in his 5 years.

10. Stonewalling on Benghazi.

Shall I go on?
      10-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #30
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
ScotchandCigar, is that you?
      10-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #31
SouthPaw

Ok Bbbbbmw, I'll bite ... let's play a round of "Dick or Dictator"

1) Dick move, not dictator move.
2) Really? Again, not dictator move.
3) Making a remark about a 17 boy that was killed, not dictator move.
4) I have no idea what you are talking with this one, let's jsut call it dick move on your part.
5) How dare the first lady try and get kids to eat more healthy. Dick move on her part for caring about children.
6) Fast & Furious, started under Pres. Bush ...
7) You made no specfic point, you sounded like a dick on this one
8) Again, started under the Bush admin ...
9) Budget was submitted and sat on by the GOP ... again, dick move on someone else's part.
10) Not dictator move, dick move to politicize the event, I'm looking @ you GOP.

So there you have it, looks like President Obama is NOT a dictator, but the folks who keep on trying to label him with that have lack of basic vocabulary skills. ANd that right there makes the people who misuse this word Dictator, look like dicks.

From Webster:

dic·ta·tor noun \ˈdik-ˌtā-tər, dik-ˈ\
: a person who rules a country with total authority and often in a cruel or brutal way

He does not "rule with total authority". If he did, there would be no shutdown at the moment. He also does not "rule in an often cruel or brutal way. Maybe having the GOP's feelings get hurt may seem brutal to you guys, but read a history book once and go read what a real dictator does.
      10-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #32
quagmire
I am Gundam

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
They were elected by their constituents just like the Dems were. They are doing what their constituents elected them to do. I agree the GOP is stomping its feet like a child but the then Dems are the other kids holding its breath until it gets its way. By refusing to talk at all, Obama and the Dems need to accept their fair share of blame for this mess
The shutdown was due to the GOP acting like kids over the ACA. I don't care if you don't like the law, you don't hold the entire government hostage over it. It passed through Congress, signed by the president, and survived the Supreme Court. It's law and the GOP won't be able to do anything about it until it takes effect and if it actually is going to do what the GOP claims it will, the people will vote out the Dems and vote in the GOP which then they will have the power to change it/repeal it. Right now, it's a lost battle. To shutdown the government over it is freaking crazy.

But, of course that line has now changed to spending cuts.

I blame the GOP more than the Dems. But, I am not going to deny the Dems don't share a role in this either. It does take two to tango.....
      10-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #33
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
The shutdown was due to the GOP acting like kids over the ACA. I don't care if you don't like the law, you don't hold the entire government hostage over it. It passed through Congress, signed by the president, and survived the Supreme Court. It's law and the GOP won't be able to do anything about it until it takes effect and if it actually is going to do what the GOP claims it will, the people will vote out the Dems and vote in the GOP which then they will have the power to change it/repeal it. Right now, it's a lost battle. To shutdown the government over it is freaking crazy.

But, of course that line has now changed to spending cuts.

I blame the GOP more than the Dems. But, I am not going to deny the Dems don't share a role in this either. It does take two to tango.....
The House of Representatives, run by the GOP currently, has the right to deny funding to certain government activities. They pass this to the Senate who then either authorizes the spending or not.

The House approved all funding for the government besides Obamacare. They have a right to do this if they choose. Not saying I agree or disagree, but it's well within their area of responsibility. Then the Dems in the Senate chose not to vote to authorize that money to be spent, saying they want a "clean" bill sent up (in other words, a bill that includes spending authorized for Obamacare).

I'd say they are ALL acting like children who are mad they can't get each others toy...
      10-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #34
kscarrol
Colonel

Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Agreed but all I can say is the American people voted out those in the House who passed ACA and want it repealed. The elected officials are doing what they were elected to do. And just because ACA is law doesn't mean it can't be repealed/reversed/amended by the Congress. But at the end of the day the GOP need to move on focus on bigger picture issues facing this country...
kscarrol is offline   United_States
      10-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #35
quagmire
I am Gundam

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
The House of Representatives, run by the GOP currently, has the right to deny funding to certain government activities. They pass this to the Senate who then either authorizes the spending or not.

The House approved all funding for the government besides Obamacare. They have a right to do this if they choose. Not saying I agree or disagree, but it's well within their area of responsibility. Then the Dems in the Senate chose not to vote to authorize that money to be spent, saying they want a "clean" bill sent up (in other words, a bill that includes spending authorized for Obamacare).

I'd say they are ALL acting like children who are mad they can't get each others toy...
I'm not saying it's not within their power. I'm just sick of their bitching over it and shutting down the government. They have lost every battle over the ACA so far( congress, obviously pres, and the supreme court). They fully knew a bill that defunds the ACA is not going to get passed the Senate and won't be able to overturn Obama's veto.

It's a battle that the House GOP is not going to win right now. Like I said, they won't have the influence/power to change/repeal the ACA until it takes effect and the bad things they claim will happen actually does happen, the people will call for its repeal and elect people that will repeal it.
      10-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #36
i dunno
First Lieutenant

Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Why doesn't the GOP just let ACA go and let it run its course? If it turns out to be as bad as they say, wouldn't that legitimize the stance of their party? I've personally benefited from ACA as I was able to get insurance without worrying about my preexisting condition. I need insurance since I regularly take meds.
      10-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #37
Mr Tonka
says, Drastic times call for drastic measures

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Agreed but all I can say is the American people voted out those in the House who passed ACA and want it repealed. The elected officials are doing what they were elected to do. And just because ACA is law doesn't mean it can't be repealed/reversed/amended by the Congress. But at the end of the day the GOP need to move on focus on bigger picture issues facing this country...
Every current politician needs to do this. However, if they were they would all be home updating their resumes because the only way for this county to be fixed is with a clean slate.

Sure, some things can be done to delay the inevitable, but at the end of the day, it is inevitable.

Everyone has heard about the 5 monkeys beating up each new monkey for climbing the stairs to get the banana. The only way to stop the madness is to replace all the monkeys at the same time. As cliche as it is, that is the only way.

Political jobs were meant to be terms of service to your country, not life time positions where you can rape and steal all you can from your country.

Not a single one of them is worth their salt.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
      10-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #38
i dunno
First Lieutenant

Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post

Not a single one of them is worth their salt.
maybe politicians would be encouraged to help everyday folks if their wages were changed to the median salary of their constituents.

right now I don't think any of them deserve a cent. waste of my taxes...
      10-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #39
bbbbmw
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I'm not saying it's not within their power. I'm just sick of their bitching over it and shutting down the government. They have lost every battle over the ACA so far( congress, obviously pres, and the supreme court). They fully knew a bill that defunds the ACA is not going to get passed the Senate and won't be able to overturn Obama's veto.

It's a battle that the House GOP is not going to win right now. Like I said, they won't have the influence/power to change/repeal the ACA until it takes effect and the bad things they claim will happen actually does happen, the people will call for its repeal and elect people that will repeal it.
1. The Republican-dominated House voted to fund all of government, except the ACA. This was shot down by the Democrat-controlled Senate.

2. The House then voted to fund government, and push the Individual requirement to buy insurance for one year, to match the timing delay of the Employer mandate, which was done by Obama (which wasn't really legal on Obama's part. This was also shot down by the Senate.

3. The House then voted to fund all of government, as long as everyone had to live under Obamacare - no waivers/favors/special treatment for Congress and their staff, big business, or any special interest groups. The Senate also shot that down.

Wow - those Republicans just keep saying "no!"
      10-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #40
bbbbmw
Lieutenant

Quote:
Ok Bbbbbmw, I'll bite ... let's play a round of "Dick or Dictator"

1) Dick move, not dictator move.
2) Really? Again, not dictator move.
3) Making a remark about a 17 boy that was killed, not dictator move.
4) I have no idea what you are talking with this one, let's jsut call it dick move on your part.
5) How dare the first lady try and get kids to eat more healthy. Dick move on her part for caring about children.
6) Fast & Furious, started under Pres. Bush ...
7) You made no specfic point, you sounded like a dick on this one
8) Again, started under the Bush admin ...
9) Budget was submitted and sat on by the GOP ... again, dick move on someone else's part.
10) Not dictator move, dick move to politicize the event, I'm looking @ you GOP.

So there you have it, looks like President Obama is NOT a dictator, but the folks who keep on trying to label him with that have lack of basic vocabulary skills. ANd that right there makes the people who misuse this word Dictator, look like dicks.

From Webster:

dic·ta·tor noun \ˈdik-ˌtā-tər, dik-ˈ\
: a person who rules a country with total authority and often in a cruel or brutal way

He does not "rule with total authority". If he did, there would be no shutdown at the moment. He also does not "rule in an often cruel or brutal way. Maybe having the GOP's feelings get hurt may seem brutal to you guys, but read a history book once and go read what a real dictator does.
I didn't ask to play your game, but I will provide more detail:

1. Obama is taking the law into his own hands, and issuing changes as he sees fit, and bypassing Congress. The President doesn't get to choose which laws he wants to modify. (Dictators do that).
2. 60 day limit on military action - that's the law. Syria went well over that, and Obama never even consulted Congress. Dictator move.
3. Trayvon inserted the President where he didn't belong. Most Presidents stay away from that sort of thing, because it de-facto issues a policy edict that is often mis-applied by his followers. But Dictators do that.
4. No, Obama interfered in the local law enforcement case, and used the corrupted outcome to make himself look good. Dictators do this.
5. Michelle's eat healthy thing also affects funding for Federally-funded school meal programs. The kids are now throwing away the food, but the school districts can't change the menu. Dictator move.
6. Bush had program called "Operation Wide Receiver", which they conducted with the Mexican govt., and resulted in thousands of arrests. "Fast/Furious" was done under Obama, without knowledge of the Mexican govt, and resulted in a couple of arrests by the Mexicans when they figured out what was going on. Dictator.
7. If you think Obama has not served his own agenda on immigration at the expense of the law and the American people, then I can't help you.
8. NSA Spying - you must be the only person in America who thinks this is ok.
9. Do you research. Not true. Dictator.
10. Has his administration even responded to requests from Congress, for information? The answer is no.

How about a bonus round of your little game? Crushing his critics by using the IRS for his political purposes. Dictators do this also.

Last edited by bbbbmw; 10-11-2013 at 01:43 PM.
      10-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #41
SouthPaw

Ohh Babybmw, you lost the bonus round. Because basically all of your points are just straight up Faux News talking points. Thanks for playing ...
      10-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #42
bbbbmw
Lieutenant

Quote:
Ohh Babybmw, you lost the bonus round. Because basically all of your points are just straight up Faux News talking points. Thanks for playing ...
Are they incorrect?

And I guess John Stewart is now working for Faux News? He's quoting their talking points as well:

Last edited by bbbbmw; 10-11-2013 at 04:32 PM.
      10-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #43
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Above should read:

"I really don't know anything based on fact to counter that, so I'll just make fun of you instead."

Can you address the issues instead of resorting to name calling?

As for number 9, this time the budget was submitted for approval by the House, as it should be, which just so happens to be GOP operated right now. The Senate (Dems) refused to even vote to authorize the spending because it originally did not include funding for Obamacare. Maybe you don't know how the budget is approved though...

Last edited by Templar; 10-11-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Templar is offline   United_States
      10-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #44
kscarrol
Colonel

Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I will not step into the dictator debate but you simply can't dispute that if GW Bush had made similar moves listed, the outcry from the Democrats would be equally loud, if not louder about Bush's actions/behavior/comments. It's the double standard that "it's OK for my guy but not yours...."

Last edited by kscarrol; 10-11-2013 at 07:40 PM.
kscarrol is offline   United_States