BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-14-2007, 02:17 AM   #1
M3 CS
New Member
0
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 BMW M3 CS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Helsinki,Finland

iTrader: (0)

M3 price in Finland

Hello!

For u guys who thought 95000 USD is too much for the new M3....

The new M3 costs 101000 in Finland and that is just the basic car!!! The car that I ll be ordering will cost 128 620,00 so please stop bitching about the prices there.... u guys re LUCKY... u know!!!

I m a real M3 fan and I drive a 2005 M3 CS (the only one in Finland).... just loving it. Its the BEST M3 so far.... I ve driven the E92 also and I think it is a better over all car..... I love the looks.... but the only colour is white with the cf roof.... forget about the sunroof....

I ve many friends at the Bmw so I know.... "something" about the car....
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 02:23 AM   #2
Big Windy
Major General
Big Windy's Avatar
United_States
71
Rep
5,118
Posts

 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
just because it costs 101000 euro in finland doesn't mean it can't be ridiculous if it costs 95,000 US in panama. IMO, an M3 is not worth that amount of money. i am not buying one, but anything over 70,000 US would be too much. if you have money to burn and don't care, more power to you. but anyone who thinks that 95,000 US or 101000 euro for an M3 is reasonable is crazy and needs help. but i guess that bmw is reaping the benefits of the different auto economies. i hope that they keep charging you a high price because that will make it cheaper for those in the US. haha.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 03:15 AM   #3
savage.ulm1
First Lieutenant
savage.ulm1's Avatar
Italy
25
Rep
398
Posts

 
Drives: M3 E92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Italy

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmtclimber View Post
just because it costs 101000 euro in finland doesn't mean it can't be ridiculous if it costs 95,000 US in panama. IMO, an M3 is not worth that amount of money. i am not buying one, but anything over 70,000 US would be too much. if you have money to burn and don't care, more power to you. but anyone who thinks that 95,000 US or 101000 euro for an M3 is reasonable is crazy and needs help. but i guess that bmw is reaping the benefits of the different auto economies. i hope that they keep charging you a high price because that will make it cheaper for those in the US. haha.
They have an high % of tax for importation. I respect anyone telling us that he loves the M and I don't think he is crazy also if telling something strange ...Let him to pay 200.000 euro for that car if he wants. You can smile, but why to offend?he doesn't need any help...He is only enthusiast. The American enthusists will be probably happy and lucky about their final price.. I am sure...But with a change-rate at 1,42 between Euro-$ I would not be the BMW that has to decide the final price for the American Market. They are sure not sleeping too much in these days...
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 03:56 AM   #4
JerezBlue!
Second Lieutenant
JerezBlue!'s Avatar
8
Rep
289
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 V8
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.ulm1 View Post
They have an high % of tax for importation. I respect anyone telling us that he loves the M and I don't think he is crazy also if telling something strange ...Let him to pay 200.000 euro for that car if he wants. You can smile, but why to offend?he doesn't need any help...He is only enthusiast. The American enthusists will be probably happy and lucky about their final price..

Completely agree, you buy a car like the M3, and in reality 'price' is a low priority issue. I would suggest that the 'price sensitive' first find out the real price then decide whether they can or even want to do it.

I am a major supporter of the M3 moving up market a little in virtually all aspects of the car including (at least for UK buyers) a small price increase - maybe 15% to 17% when comparing a fully loaded E46 to a fully loaded E92.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 05:47 AM   #5
Big Windy
Major General
Big Windy's Avatar
United_States
71
Rep
5,118
Posts

 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
maybe i'm being cheap or maybe i am just part of the minority on this one. maybe americans are spoiled when it comes to car pricing. i don't know. but to me, the m3 isn't worth that much. you are right though savage...i'm not trying to tell anybody what to do with their money, just saying that i wouldn't spend that much of MY money on an m3 that was 95,000.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 06:16 AM   #6
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
5
Rep
253
Posts

 
Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: American in Germany

iTrader: (0)

Its all Relative

I was in finland visting friends this summer, had some real nice days !
The Taxes are something, but so are the education system, the social
programs and the net worth of the middle class citizen.

The M3 is priced so that an upper middle class citizen in the US
can own it, In Finland the taxes prohibit the upper middle class
from this extravagence

My 08 Corvette was $43,500 Employee Cost, the car in Germany is
70K Euro, My wifes 07 335 convertable was $48K USD and is 65K euro

Between BMW and the Government the cars are being priced at a level
in europe discouraging affordability

But hey I am glad to be an American
__________________
TELL me what real drivers training do you have besides your State Drivers License ?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 06:58 AM   #7
M3 CS
New Member
0
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 BMW M3 CS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Helsinki,Finland

iTrader: (0)

About the price

I was just trying to say.... that some of u guys re lucky, because u can afford to buy an M3....

I guess that the basic salaries (of the people who re looking for a car like this)
re about the same in US, Germany, Finland....
The basic car costs 66750 in Germany, 95000USD in Panama and 101000 in Finland....
In Finland with the price of E90 330i you can get a M3 in Germany....

To you who sayed that the M3 is not worth 95000USD.... what kind of a car can you get in Panama for that much money?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 07:03 AM   #8
M3 CS
New Member
0
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 BMW M3 CS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Helsinki,Finland

iTrader: (0)

Crazy..... well a Audi RS4 for costs about 120000€, Porsche 911 135000€ (not even the S version) and your car 335i basic price is about 70000€ and you dont get anything with that. If you want to add leather, M aero package, sat nav.... the price will be around 90000€.... DO YOU THINK YOUR 335i IS WORTH THAT MUCH MONEY!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 08:54 AM   #9
Big Windy
Major General
Big Windy's Avatar
United_States
71
Rep
5,118
Posts

 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
NO...I would never pay that much for a 335i either. I paid 42,000 USD for mine fully loaded minus PDC. 90000 euro is too much for me.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 10:03 AM   #10
M3 CS
New Member
0
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 BMW M3 CS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Helsinki,Finland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmtclimber View Post
NO...I would never pay that much for a 335i either. I paid 42,000 USD for mine fully loaded minus PDC. 90000 euro is too much for me.
You re LUCKY to get it for "so cheap".... I wish the cars were cheaper here, but.... maybe one day.... for what you payed for your car you can get a 320i with nothing on it....

Any suggestions for me how to get the M3 any cheaper.... move to US.... he, heh....

How much would you have to pay for an M3???
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 10:09 AM   #11
carnuts3
Lieutenant
5
Rep
408
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 535i
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (0)

My personal feeling on this issue is just that - personal. Everyone has their own limit on how much they are willing or able to pay for a car. If 90,000 for an M3 is too much for some and OK for others, so be it. For me, the litmus test is to compare what other cars can be bought in the same price range. After this, if the decision is to go ahead and buy the M3, then great. However, to make a good sound wise decision, logic better trump emotion, otherwise you could be an unhappy camper down the road (pardon the pun).
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 10:46 AM   #12
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
Keto's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,582
Posts

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WHO DAT NATION

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [5.00]
It needs to be cheaper in America because we all have to save money to protect us from losing health insurance when we develop a catastrophic illness or getting put in some deathtrap of a nursing home when we retire.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 12:39 PM   #13
Gadgetman
Porsche Carrera 4S
Gadgetman's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
151
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: KCRG

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Gadgetman
We will probably know the accurate price when the E92 M3 hits the U.S. market sometime in Spring 2008 (Jan-Mar timeframe estimate).

I'm working with an agent who sells to deployed U.S. Military Sales Program, and they are predicting around 50,000-60,000 USD mark. They dont even know!

Dang, I didnt mean to start up an email war over prices.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 10:28 PM   #14
Red Dragon
New Member
Red Dragon's Avatar
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: 330
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BAF

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 CS View Post
Any suggestions for me how to get the M3 any cheaper.... move to US.... he, heh....

How much would you have to pay for an M3???
You might join the U.S. military or work for them as a contractor and get stationed or assigned to Germany, Belgium, Italy, or England. Then you could have an M3 for around $55,000 USD. Probably not worth it though as you will likely earn much less income then what you do now!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2007, 12:10 PM   #15
Ray33
Private First Class
Ray33's Avatar
Ireland
10
Rep
188
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Alpine White M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 CS View Post
Hello!

For u guys who thought 95000 USD is too much for the new M3....

The new M3 costs 101000 in Finland and that is just the basic car!!! The car that I ll be ordering will cost 128 620,00 so please stop bitching about the prices there.... u guys re LUCKY... u know!!!

I m a real M3 fan and I drive a 2005 M3 CS (the only one in Finland).... just loving it. Its the BEST M3 so far.... I ve driven the E92 also and I think it is a better over all car..... I love the looks.... but the only colour is white with the cf roof.... forget about the sunroof....

I ve many friends at the Bmw so I know.... "something" about the car....
I know how you feel, it is not as bad in Ireland but the one i have bought for January collection is costing €115,000.
BMW have a desireable product, if you want one you have to pay the price. Its as simple as that. if you dont think its worth whatever amount by a nissan micra and be happy with it.
Such is life
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2007, 10:58 PM   #16
Pretender
Colonel
Pretender's Avatar
33
Rep
2,292
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 328i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
You guys should stop comparing prices. We live in the States and pay the shit out of everything...taxes, medical insurance, education fees and other high living costs. We worked like horses and earned 2-3 week vacation a year...
__________________
It's a great time to be alive
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST