BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-12-2007, 12:00 AM   #1
Greeney
Brigadier General
Greeney's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
3,809
Posts

 
Drives: Jerez E90 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Westchester, NY / Fort Lauderdale, FL

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Greeney Send a message via MSN to Greeney Send a message via Skype™ to Greeney
Greeneys S5 Pics... BIG (Edits Later)





























And the long awaited S5 SOUND CLIP YES ALL 4s OF IT!!!

http://greeney.hpnpilot1200.org/Files/S5/MVI_0608.AVI

PS, Someone resize these for me...
__________________
11' E90 M3 6MT | Jerez Black | Black Ext./Carbon | ZCP | ZCW | ZPP | ZTP | 302 | 403 | 507 | 5AC | 655 | 6FL | 752 |
15' F80 M3 6MT | Black Saphire | Black Full | ZEC | ZLP | 2VF | 2VZ | 5DL | 688 |

Last edited by Greeney; 10-12-2007 at 07:29 AM.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 12:04 AM   #2
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
481
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Looks stunning as always, great shots

I'll resize them
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 12:11 AM   #3
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
134
Rep
11,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
i think i like the rs4 more
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 12:25 AM   #4
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
481
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)














__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 12:26 AM   #5
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
481
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

There ya go Greeney...remove the big pics and replace them now
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 12:39 AM   #6
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
ArmyBimmerDude's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
5,504
Posts

 
Drives: Lola
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
I like the RS4 better too
__________________
2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 01:34 AM   #7
SKBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
SKBMW's Avatar
No_Country
63
Rep
1,815
Posts

 
Drives: Bicycle
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 25 0′ 0″ N, 71 0′ 0″ W

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to SKBMW
Very nice. would you say the size is similar to the 6 Series?
__________________

Last edited by SKBMW; 10-12-2007 at 01:50 AM.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 01:40 AM   #8
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Johnny Lin's Avatar
Taiwan
233
Rep
11,312
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (42)

Car looks great! I like it!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 03:06 AM   #9
Robert
Major General
116
Rep
6,902
Posts

 
Drives: 135i, current is350
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

The new S5 looks much better in person. the pics dont do justice.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 04:43 AM   #10
ChaneRZ
If You Aint First, You're last !!!
ChaneRZ's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
2,509
Posts

 
Drives: 08 BMW 335i, 01 Honda Prelude
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

looks so good!
__________________

08 BMW BSM 335i 6MT (Sports, Premium, NAV, PDC, AS, IPOD, HD Radio, Rear Sunshade, OEM Alarm) Angel iBright V3, Luminics Fog Bulb, Turbo Tuner, K&N Drop in Filter, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Pedals, Vorsteiner CF Front Lip, and CF Rear Diffuser. Ordered:08/25/07 Started: 09/09/07 Finished: 09/14/07 On Ship: 09/15/07 Arrived: 10/08/07 Delivered: 10/10/07
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 07:31 AM   #11
Greeney
Brigadier General
Greeney's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
3,809
Posts

 
Drives: Jerez E90 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Westchester, NY / Fort Lauderdale, FL

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Greeney Send a message via MSN to Greeney Send a message via Skype™ to Greeney
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
There ya go Greeney...remove the big pics and replace them now
Thanks so much Im a sometimes haha....

I have pretty much decided that this WILL be my next car... when is up in the air right now but hopefully soon, its just so amazing.
__________________
11' E90 M3 6MT | Jerez Black | Black Ext./Carbon | ZCP | ZCW | ZPP | ZTP | 302 | 403 | 507 | 5AC | 655 | 6FL | 752 |
15' F80 M3 6MT | Black Saphire | Black Full | ZEC | ZLP | 2VF | 2VZ | 5DL | 688 |
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 08:53 AM   #12
herbz
hi
United_States
26
Rep
839
Posts

 
Drives: '86 325e
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: outside boston MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
this angle just screams Camry... bleh, this and the new M3 aren't really that exciting to me. everyone else seems to like it though.

guess i'm just not a fan of any new German design. or pretty much any new luxury car design for that matter

the front is very nice on the Audi though i will admit. although the interior looks less impressive when its not a professional advertisement picture.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #13
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
this angle just screams Camry... bleh, this and the new M3 aren't really that exciting to me. everyone else seems to like it though.

guess i'm just not a fan of any new German design. or pretty much any new luxury car design for that matter

the front is very nice on the Audi though i will admit. although the interior looks less impressive when its not a professional advertisement picture.
i have no idea where the camry is. i'd go to an eye doctor, might help

jk
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 08:58 AM   #14
ACZakka325i
Lieutenant Colonel
ACZakka325i's Avatar
33
Rep
1,756
Posts

 
Drives: X1 3.5 M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CT

iTrader: (2)

it looks LARGE from the back of the door to the tail end. I still digg it. This is my #1 consideration when i go shopping in the spring.
__________________
2013 535i xdrive(Current)
2008 E92 M3 (Gone)
2006 E90 325i (Gone)
2002 E46 325xi (Gone)
1991 E30 325i (Gone)
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #15
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
481
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACZakka325i View Post
it looks LARGE from the back of the door to the tail end. I still digg it. This is my #1 consideration when i go shopping in the spring.
The new 3 Coupe has that length too. Check pics out you'll see what I mean. However, it doesnt work so good for the 3 Coupe. In my opinion from the doors onwards (to the rear) the car looks long and flat. The S5 on the other hand has a more chunky rear, so it gets away with that length. It looks a class above the new 3 Coupe. Visually it slots between the 3 series and 6 series, and I'd take it over BOTH cars.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 12:01 PM   #16
Greeney
Brigadier General
Greeney's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
3,809
Posts

 
Drives: Jerez E90 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Westchester, NY / Fort Lauderdale, FL

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Greeney Send a message via MSN to Greeney Send a message via Skype™ to Greeney
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
The new 3 Coupe has that length too. Check pics out you'll see what I mean. However, it doesnt work so good for the 3 Coupe. In my opinion from the doors onwards (to the rear) the car looks long and flat. The S5 on the other hand has a more chunky rear, so it gets away with that length. It looks a class above the new 3 Coupe. Visually it slots between the 3 series and 6 series, and I'd take it over BOTH cars.
You have PM
__________________
11' E90 M3 6MT | Jerez Black | Black Ext./Carbon | ZCP | ZCW | ZPP | ZTP | 302 | 403 | 507 | 5AC | 655 | 6FL | 752 |
15' F80 M3 6MT | Black Saphire | Black Full | ZEC | ZLP | 2VF | 2VZ | 5DL | 688 |
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #17
GTOrleans
Private First Class
GTOrleans's Avatar
1
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Audi A4 1.8TQM
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Anaheim Hills, Ca

iTrader: (0)

the pic links are dead on my end, maybe its some work filter I'll have to look at it at home.
__________________
-Graham
*Sold*02 Audi A4 1.8TQM
2008 Infiniti G37
[/url]
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 08:15 PM   #18
aapriadi
Colonel
aapriadi's Avatar
Indonesia
36
Rep
2,039
Posts

 
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

iTrader: (10)

that car looks masculine, i like it
__________________
mod = crack
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 08:56 PM   #19
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
38
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 328i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 90036

iTrader: (0)

This car is truly an immaculate conception.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #20
ACZakka325i
Lieutenant Colonel
ACZakka325i's Avatar
33
Rep
1,756
Posts

 
Drives: X1 3.5 M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CT

iTrader: (2)

I actually go tthe pleasure of test driving this car today. I will say that i think it is more of a mixture between a mercedes and a BMW. It is soo much more luxurious that it makes the 3 series interior look ridiculously cheap! The steering was light, and i didnt like the power boost much at low speeds. Its becomes more appropriatley tight at higher speed. Its not a deal braker for me, tough.
What captivated me is the relentless exceleration from the V8. Its really increadible, you hit the gas and their is like a second tier of power that i never really got to apreciated because i had to get off the gas early in day-time traffic. The shifter and center console was higher up so that i felt like i was sitting down in the car. The stick felt like it was in a more appropriate position. Like a cockpit from the BMW of old. I actually hate the new non-driver focused bmw interiors.

You all should appreciate this car for what it is. Is it as sporty at a 335i? NO. Is it close? YES. I say this because it is like a well behaved child. It knows when to behave and it knows when to let loose!

Im cross shopping the 335i upgrade, the CaymanS, possibly waiting for the M3, and the S5.

I dont want the same car/interior again so the 335i is out.

The caymanS is overpriced when optioned at least to respectability.

At my BMW dealership, i would be 12th in line for the M3. They start taking delivery "between the 2nd and 3rd quarter next year". At least it was at msrp. On top of that, if they recieve 2-3 cars a month, I will be over a year and half away from the M3. What baffled me most was that they had "no idea" about the availiblity of the new M3. At the end i asked at least for some litriture on the car to look at and think about. They didnt have any! Ridiculous.

So that leaves the S5, I feel like im flirting with the devil, owning only 3 series my whole life. But for some reason, this car just seems right. Build quality appeared to be increadible. Magazines are saying this car is acutally supposed to be positioned between the 3 and 6 series. This rings true when you see the car in person. It is BIG.

If you want to nit-pick fractions of a second to sixty, be my guest. I wont be able to tell either way. The truth is that this car is PLENTY fast, and also way more luxurious and comfortable than the 3.
__________________
2013 535i xdrive(Current)
2008 E92 M3 (Gone)
2006 E90 325i (Gone)
2002 E46 325xi (Gone)
1991 E30 325i (Gone)
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 08:25 AM   #21
Greeney
Brigadier General
Greeney's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
3,809
Posts

 
Drives: Jerez E90 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Westchester, NY / Fort Lauderdale, FL

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Greeney Send a message via MSN to Greeney Send a message via Skype™ to Greeney
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACZakka325i View Post
I actually go tthe pleasure of test driving this car today. I will say that i think it is more of a mixture between a mercedes and a BMW. It is soo much more luxurious that it makes the 3 series interior look ridiculously cheap! The steering was light, and i didnt like the power boost much at low speeds. Its becomes more appropriatley tight at higher speed. Its not a deal braker for me, tough.
What captivated me is the relentless exceleration from the V8. Its really increadible, you hit the gas and their is like a second tier of power that i never really got to apreciated because i had to get off the gas early in day-time traffic. The shifter and center console was higher up so that i felt like i was sitting down in the car. The stick felt like it was in a more appropriate position. Like a cockpit from the BMW of old. I actually hate the new non-driver focused bmw interiors.

You all should appreciate this car for what it is. Is it as sporty at a 335i? NO. Is it close? YES. I say this because it is like a well behaved child. It knows when to behave and it knows when to let loose!

Im cross shopping the 335i upgrade, the CaymanS, possibly waiting for the M3, and the S5.

I dont want the same car/interior again so the 335i is out.

The caymanS is overpriced when optioned at least to respectability.

At my BMW dealership, i would be 12th in line for the M3. They start taking delivery "between the 2nd and 3rd quarter next year". At least it was at msrp. On top of that, if they recieve 2-3 cars a month, I will be over a year and half away from the M3. What baffled me most was that they had "no idea" about the availiblity of the new M3. At the end i asked at least for some litriture on the car to look at and think about. They didnt have any! Ridiculous.

So that leaves the S5, I feel like im flirting with the devil, owning only 3 series my whole life. But for some reason, this car just seems right. Build quality appeared to be increadible. Magazines are saying this car is acutally supposed to be positioned between the 3 and 6 series. This rings true when you see the car in person. It is BIG.

If you want to nit-pick fractions of a second to sixty, be my guest. I wont be able to tell either way. The truth is that this car is PLENTY fast, and also way more luxurious and comfortable than the 3.
You sir, just wrote all of my thoughts on the car in one amazing post!!! The S5 really just does feel above the 3 it competes against. I love my e90, but it just cant compare to this car...
__________________
11' E90 M3 6MT | Jerez Black | Black Ext./Carbon | ZCP | ZCW | ZPP | ZTP | 302 | 403 | 507 | 5AC | 655 | 6FL | 752 |
15' F80 M3 6MT | Black Saphire | Black Full | ZEC | ZLP | 2VF | 2VZ | 5DL | 688 |
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 12:09 PM   #22
Sedan_Clan
Banned
Brazil
130
Rep
10,918
Posts

 
Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (25)

I'd take an RS4 over that anyday. Maybe it's the color or maybe it's the shape. Either way, it doesn't stun me. As much as some of you are raving over the interior, it doesn't do much for me either despite being nice.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 10-15-2007 at 12:26 PM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST