BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
BIU
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 A22 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 582
iTrader: (0)

My Humble Transition - "The Daily Driver"

A big thank you goes out to IcyJ for taking the time late into the night to make these amazing shots happen for me. He does not do this for a living nor does he have the luxury of an arsenal of professional gear... His work bleeds his love and passion for cars and photography. God bless the kids' got talent I think you all would agree

Little over a year ago I had the opportunity to pick up a mint 08 and have not looked back since.. Whether it be simple as driving to work or short grocery runs.. this car never ceases to remind me why all of us enthusiasts chose what could possibly be the very last NA M3 with this beastly V8 under the hood (Minus rod bearing stories and Longwong oil threads )

Slowly but surely I've been able to transform her into the car that I've always drew up in my mind... I understand it may not be m3post.com's most proven and praised combo of Volk / BBS + Challenge / Vorsteiner / M Perf. but I believe this is in fact the essence of modding and that is for everyone of us to enjoy individualizing our own beloved cars in the way we ourselves are happy with... Sourcing some of these parts was a PITA but at the end of the day self satisfication justifies all

Everyone on this forum is what makes owning and modding the E9x M enjoyable... Soaking up the knowledge and experiences shared on this forum has been nothing but inspirational

And without further ado..











Last edited by BIU; 09-09-2013 at 11:58 PM.
BIU is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
Bart@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Bart@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ

Posts: 4,052
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Bart@AUTOcouture
pics aren't loading
__________________
Installs|Service|Sales - BMW Master Tech on staff!
ESS, Akrapovic, Eisenmann, HRE, OEM BMW, Cobb and more!


15-01 Pollitt Drive #6 | Fair Lawn, NJ 07642 | P: 201.666.3500 | Bart@autocouturemotoring.com | Facebook | youTube
Bart@AUTOcouture is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
BIU
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 A22 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 582
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart@AUTOcouture View Post
pics aren't loading
Fixed
BIU is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #4
imserious
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 E90M LMB
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 279
iTrader: (1)

Car looks great! Congrats.

What kind of lip is that? Actually really like it and haven't seen it before. Very subtle.
imserious is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #5
ashtaron14
First Lieutenant
 
ashtaron14's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: HK

Posts: 334
iTrader: (0)

Finally!

I've been waiting for these.

Car's Aggressive as heck in person.
__________________
ashtaron14 is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #6
alynM3
Captain
 
alynM3's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 JB E92
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 738
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
That lip is sick and the car looks fantastic. Thank god it's not the m3post-bbs-challenge-vorsteiner combo. I'm so f'n tired of that same ole crap over and over again. Modding is supposed to bring out the individual, and you have done it. -says the guy with the bbs lms and the challenge diffuser lol.
alynM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #7
SoCal BimMn'
Lieutenant Colonel
 
SoCal BimMn''s Avatar
 
Drives: LCI AW E92 ///M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoSoCal

Posts: 1,695
iTrader: (30)

You did a great job keeping it clean, very well put together.
SoCal BimMn' is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #8
SlowSaloonM3
Major General
 
SlowSaloonM3's Avatar
 
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

Posts: 6,746
iTrader: (0)

Must buy that lip. What is that thing?
__________________
the intardnet is 95% troll, 5% actual good shit. so are my posts.
SlowSaloonM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 01:27 AM   #9
dozaiya
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 MW E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shanghai

Posts: 438
iTrader: (0)

need that lip NOW
dozaiya is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 05:28 AM   #10
Lito335
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ny

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

Dayum.. Makes me wanna get a e90 m3 so bad
Lito335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 05:33 AM   #11
edwinm3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
edwinm3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 MELBOURNE RED M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Doral

Posts: 1,706
iTrader: (8)

She's beautiful
__________________

Evolve Stage 2, GTS-DCT Software, Akrapovic Exhaust, AA Catless X Pipe, AA Geen Air filter, AA Pulley, Stoptech BBK, KW V3 Coilovers
"If it feels like it's on rails, you're not driving fast enough"
edwinm3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 06:00 AM   #12
slalomfever
Major
 
slalomfever's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 1,143
iTrader: (4)

looks GREAT!
slalomfever is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #13
Powerbeast
Major General
 
Powerbeast's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

Posts: 6,756
iTrader: (4)

O, YES!
Powerbeast is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #14
E90M3-SG
Second Lieutenant
 
E90M3-SG's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Florida

Posts: 299
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [5.00]
Love Sparkling Graphite. Wished they continued that color. Lovin' what you did!
E90M3-SG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #15
335itwinsedan
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: f30 328i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tampa

Posts: 343
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIU
A big thank you goes out to IcyJ for taking the time late into the night to make these amazing shots happen for me. He does not do this for a living nor does he have the luxury of an arsenal of professional gear... His work bleeds his love and passion for cars and photography. God bless the kids' got talent I think you all would agree

Little over a year ago I had the opportunity to pick up a mint 08 and have not looked back since.. Whether it be simple as driving to work or short grocery runs.. this car never ceases to remind me why all of us enthusiasts chose what could possibly be the very last NA M3 with this beastly V8 under the hood (Minus rod bearing stories and Longwong oil threads )

Slowly but surely I've been able to transform her into the car that I've always drew up in my mind... I understand it may not be m3post.com's most proven and praised combo of Volk / BBS + Challenge / Vorsteiner / M Perf. but I believe this is in fact the essence of modding and that is for everyone of us to enjoy individualizing our own beloved cars in the way we ourselves are happy with... Sourcing some of these parts was a PITA but at the end of the day self satisfication justifies all

Everyone on this forum is what makes owning and modding the E9x M enjoyable... Soaking up the knowledge and experiences shared on this forum has been nothing but inspirational

And without further ado..










What trunk is that?
335itwinsedan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #16
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,750
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3-SG View Post
Love Sparkling Graphite. Wished they continued that color. Lovin' what you did!
Totally agree
__________________
2011 E90 AW | DCT | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | Prem Sound | Moonroof | BMW Apps |
Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Painted Reflectors | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | 18" Volks TE37SL Pressed Graphite | Yokohama AD08 | Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
dagolfpro is online now   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #17
BIU
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 A22 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 582
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaron14 View Post
Finally!

I've been waiting for these.

Car's Aggressive as heck in person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal BimMn' View Post
You did a great job keeping it clean, very well put together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lito335 View Post
Dayum.. Makes me wanna get a e90 m3 so bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinm3 View Post
She's beautiful
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomfever View Post
looks GREAT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3-SG View Post
Love Sparkling Graphite. Wished they continued that color. Lovin' what you did!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
Totally agree
Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by imserious View Post
Car looks great! Congrats.

What kind of lip is that? Actually really like it and haven't seen it before. Very subtle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Must buy that lip. What is that thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozaiya View Post
need that lip NOW
This is a CF front lip from Garbino Japan (1x1 weave and I had the leading edge of the lip body matched for contrast).

Heres Prodrive Japan's E92 M3 rocking Garbino's full bodykit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jkyB9N_sQk

One of the tougher parts I had to source but it was my dream front lip for the M and I was going to exhaust all options in trying to get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
O, YES!
Coming from the undisputed king of E90 M3....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335itwinsedan View Post
What trunk is that?
OEM LCI conversion + WALD rear ducktail spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alynM3 View Post
That lip is sick and the car looks fantastic. Thank god it's not the m3post-bbs-challenge-vorsteiner combo. I'm so f'n tired of that same ole crap over and over again. Modding is supposed to bring out the individual, and you have done it. -says the guy with the bbs lms and the challenge diffuser lol.
This cracked me up entirely

And I hope noone takes this the wrong way... I love Volk / BBS / Challenge / Vorsteiner / M Perf. just as much as anyone else here

Last edited by BIU; 09-10-2013 at 07:58 PM.
BIU is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #18
BIU
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 A22 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 582
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335itwinsedan View Post
What trunk is that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIU View Post
OEM LCI conversion + WALD rear ducktail spoiler
335itwinsedan I've replied your PM for more details on the WALD spoiler
BIU is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #19
Blindside_137
Major General
 
Blindside_137's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC // Blacksburg, VA

Posts: 5,022
iTrader: (1)

As said, dat lip is sick!
__________________
M3 Edition Grilles|Painted Reflectors|Matte Black Vinyl Window Trim|M3 Lip Spoiler|35% Tint|19" Satin Black Avant Garde M359|Lux H8 V3
OEM Aero Lip|M3 Side Skirts|LCI Tails|M-tech Rear|Duke Dynamics CF Performance|Cyba 4.0 Black Chrome
Blindside_137 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #20
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,472
iTrader: (11)

From one Sgraph owner to another, that is such an amazing example of a cleanly modded E90 M3!!

Absolutely love it! List of mods would be awesome!
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #21
Ezio
Colonel
 
Ezio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

Posts: 2,443
iTrader: (0)

very clean
__________________
Ezio is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #22
SAINT VAN ROCK
///M Enthusiast
 
SAINT VAN ROCK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012, E92 DCT M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Colorado Springs/Black Forest, CO

Posts: 426
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
SAINT VAN ROCK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST