BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

GTB Performance

09-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #23
Gearhead999s
Major General

Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing240sx View Post
not me... I am good friends with the GM at EA but i havent been to one of those events... too far for me to drive.

Canada's legal system works much differently than the US one and it's way tighter than Florida's for sure. Basically there isnt much i can do right now. I'll have to revisit it next year.

Canada, outside BC, has no precedent for diminished value claims and reputable law firms will not take those kinds of cases unless there is a AB claim or various other compensable losses attached to it.

The car is at a BMW certified collision repair shop, arguably the best in Canada, and it's getting the VIP treatment so i wont have an issue with the repaired car. The damage on the second accident was still non-structural so it didnt get up near the total loss-threshold.

It's just as well. Even if i got the $ for a totalled car the cost of switching over the mods onto another M3 would have eaten up any of the gains i could have made anyways. At the end of the day i just want to drive the car.

Not soliciting sympathy or advice here. All is well in hand. I am simply putting the info / pics out there for discussion purposes. If i do sell the car I have a reputation for being a legit seller so it's not like i would have or even could have hidden this from any potential buyer anyways.
The insurance companies in Ontario have been paying out quietly for diminished value claims.I personally know of 2 such settlements on claims of $20-30000 that were settled for about 50% of the accident settlement.When I am trying to deal with a vehicle that has damage that appears on a Carproof generally it worth less by a factor of 50% of the repair.When the insurance is aware of this and the 2 values are added it makes it much easier to write the vehicle off if you push the insurance company.The key word is that you have to push your insurance company.
      09-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #24
bobblehead
Brigadier General

Drives: warp speed

may have to hire a lawyer to do some pushing since this diminished value payout is not a law in Ontario. Therefore, if we are talking about a $150,000+ car, hiring a lawyer would be feasible to pursue. My 2 cents.
bobblehead is offline   Canada
      09-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #25
bing240sx
First Lieutenant

Drives: E90 M3 Sedan

My insurance company on this file is also one of my largest clients, same deptartment too... I've discussed the diminished value issue a fair bit with them in years past and I am sure some people push for it successfully but I'm not prepared to bite the hand that feeds
      09-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #26
drchuck72
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe

[quote=bing240sx;14638175]not me... I am good friends with the GM at EA but i havent been to one of those events... too far for me to drive.

I think he was talking to me. Sorry for threadjacking

DrC