BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
VMcV3y
Captain
 
VMcV3y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Cabriolet
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 852
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Before you video yourself doing the Houston 610 Loop...

Don't be this guy:

(It would have been faster in an M3)


http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/06...-speeding-car/


New York City police arrested a 30-year-old man they say posted a video to YouTube where he claims to have made the 26.5-mile loop around Manhattan in 24 minutes and seven seconds in a BMW Z3.

Christopher Adam Tang, 30, was charged with reckless driving and reckless endangerment; his car was seized by police, the report said, MyFoxNY.com reported.
The trip starts at the intersection of the FDR Drive, which runs along the east side of Manhattan, and 116th Street. The car drives south along the FDR before heading back up the West Side Highway and turning east at the George Washington Bridge.

The video poster claims he made the time despite having to stop at six red lights.
The alleged driver, who goes by the code name AfroDuckProduction, says he made the run on August 26. He says he broke the 27-minute record set in 2001 even though he had to stop at several red lights.
__________________
2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic.

. . . .Munich . . . >. . . .Houston

When one wants a cabriolet, is there really any other choice than an M3? No. No, there's not.
VMcV3y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
nullrouted
Studying...
 
nullrouted's Avatar
 
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Central Florida

Posts: 850
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post
Don't be this guy:

(It would have been faster in an M3)


http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/06...-speeding-car/


New York City police arrested a 30-year-old man they say posted a video to YouTube where he claims to have made the 26.5-mile loop around Manhattan in 24 minutes and seven seconds in a BMW Z3.

Christopher Adam Tang, 30, was charged with reckless driving and reckless endangerment; his car was seized by police, the report said, MyFoxNY.com reported.
The trip starts at the intersection of the FDR Drive, which runs along the east side of Manhattan, and 116th Street. The car drives south along the FDR before heading back up the West Side Highway and turning east at the George Washington Bridge.

The video poster claims he made the time despite having to stop at six red lights.
The alleged driver, who goes by the code name AfroDuckProduction, says he made the run on August 26. He says he broke the 27-minute record set in 2001 even though he had to stop at several red lights.
Big brother is everywhere... he probably posted it on YouTube from his home/work Internet connection. All it would have taken is 2 phone calls from NYPD, first to YouTube to get his IP address, 2nd to his ISP to get his Name/Address. Scary times we live in, just because you have an anonymous handle on the internet, doesn't make you the least bit anonymous without other counter-measures.
nullrouted is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
M0J0
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

Ha, it would be fun to lap 610. I think the fastest I have driven inside the loop is about 140ish on I-10. It was late at night and the freeway was empty. I was also like 21.
M0J0 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
bigjae1976
Takes threads off topic...daily
 
bigjae1976's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Posts: 5,071
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
I drove warp speed on 610... come and arrest me!
__________________


Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
bigjae1976 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #5
VMcV3y
Captain
 
VMcV3y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Cabriolet
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 852
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
Big brother is everywhere... he probably posted it on YouTube from his home/work Internet connection. All it would have taken is 2 phone calls from NYPD, first to YouTube to get his IP address, 2nd to his ISP to get his Name/Address. Scary times we live in, just because you have an anonymous handle on the internet, doesn't make you the least bit anonymous without other counter-measures.

Probably too late to use the 5th Amendment (self-incrimination) as a defense?

- V

.
__________________
2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic.

. . . .Munich . . . >. . . .Houston

When one wants a cabriolet, is there really any other choice than an M3? No. No, there's not.
VMcV3y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
nullrouted
Studying...
 
nullrouted's Avatar
 
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Central Florida

Posts: 850
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post
Probably too late to use the 5th Amendment (self-incrimination) as a defense?

- V

.
Definitely, it's in the public domain now. But you never know, he could always call Lois Lerner and ask for some tips...
nullrouted is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
VMcV3y
Captain
 
VMcV3y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Cabriolet
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 852
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
Definitely, it's in the public domain now. But you never know, he could always call Lois Lerner and ask for some tips...


Or rename himself "Benghazi" and nobody would care....


(you beat me to it)


.
__________________
2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic.

. . . .Munich . . . >. . . .Houston

When one wants a cabriolet, is there really any other choice than an M3? No. No, there's not.
VMcV3y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #8
nullrouted
Studying...
 
nullrouted's Avatar
 
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Central Florida

Posts: 850
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post


Or rename himself "Benghazi" and nobody would care....


(you beat me to it)


.
He can just tell the judge: "What difference, at this point, does it make?"
nullrouted is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #9
whats77inaname
Native Texan
 
Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

Posts: 1,562
iTrader: (15)

The only thing I could think off looking at that video was.....holy SHIT, there's so much construction in NYC!
whats77inaname is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
 
///M Ryder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dinan ///M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sugar Land

Posts: 2,379
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post
Don't be this guy:

(It would have been faster in an M3)


http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/06...-speeding-car/


New York City police arrested a 30-year-old man they say posted a video to YouTube where he claims to have made the 26.5-mile loop around Manhattan in 24 minutes and seven seconds in a BMW Z3.

Christopher Adam Tang, 30, was charged with reckless driving and reckless endangerment; his car was seized by police, the report said, MyFoxNY.com reported.
The trip starts at the intersection of the FDR Drive, which runs along the east side of Manhattan, and 116th Street. The car drives south along the FDR before heading back up the West Side Highway and turning east at the George Washington Bridge.

The video poster claims he made the time despite having to stop at six red lights.
The alleged driver, who goes by the code name AfroDuckProduction, says he made the run on August 26. He says he broke the 27-minute record set in 2001 even though he had to stop at several red lights.
The 610 loop is more fun on 2 wheels........don't worry about how I know ........Phil
__________________
2011.5 E92 Dinan///M3: SSII DCT- Comp, Prem 2, and Conv Pkg, Heated Seats, Enhanced Prem Sound, Edition Grills/Gills, M Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler, BMW Pedals, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan X-Pipe, Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake, Dinan Software Tune, Dinan DCT Tune, Dinan Pulley Kit, Dinan CH-R Wheels, Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Arkym Lip, IND M5 Mirror Caps, Carbon Reflectors, Lux H8 V3, Brembo 365mm BBK
///M Ryder is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #11
VMcV3y
Captain
 
VMcV3y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Cabriolet
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 852
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
The 610 loop is more fun on 2 wheels........don't worry about how I know ........Phil
__________________
2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic.

. . . .Munich . . . >. . . .Houston

When one wants a cabriolet, is there really any other choice than an M3? No. No, there's not.
VMcV3y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #12
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
 
///M Ryder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dinan ///M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sugar Land

Posts: 2,379
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post
This was before the GoPro was popular and I'm glad. Wild and crazy events should never be recorded .............Phil
__________________
2011.5 E92 Dinan///M3: SSII DCT- Comp, Prem 2, and Conv Pkg, Heated Seats, Enhanced Prem Sound, Edition Grills/Gills, M Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler, BMW Pedals, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan X-Pipe, Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake, Dinan Software Tune, Dinan DCT Tune, Dinan Pulley Kit, Dinan CH-R Wheels, Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Arkym Lip, IND M5 Mirror Caps, Carbon Reflectors, Lux H8 V3, Brembo 365mm BBK
///M Ryder is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2013, 02:35 AM   #13
orion565
Second Lieutenant
 
orion565's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Downtown Houston

Posts: 205
iTrader: (2)

not the same but

This story isn't the same but, I got a ticket going 90 in a 75 and got a "lawyer". His defense was, "Your honor, he was driving a BMW, so 90 feels like you are only going 60", wasn't funny at the time but I am laughing now.
orion565 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #14
VMcV3y
Captain
 
VMcV3y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Cabriolet
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 852
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion565 View Post
This story isn't the same but, I got a ticket going 90 in a 75 and got a "lawyer". His defense was, "Your honor, he was driving a BMW, so 90 feels like you are only going 60", wasn't funny at the time but I am laughing now.
Ha! That's a creative defense. What was the disposition?

- V


.
__________________
2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic.

. . . .Munich . . . >. . . .Houston

When one wants a cabriolet, is there really any other choice than an M3? No. No, there's not.
VMcV3y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #15
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
 
///M Ryder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dinan ///M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sugar Land

Posts: 2,379
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post
Ha! That's a creative defense. What was the disposition?

- V


.
He's been missing in action the past few months......guess he got his azz locked up ...............Phil
__________________
2011.5 E92 Dinan///M3: SSII DCT- Comp, Prem 2, and Conv Pkg, Heated Seats, Enhanced Prem Sound, Edition Grills/Gills, M Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler, BMW Pedals, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan X-Pipe, Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake, Dinan Software Tune, Dinan DCT Tune, Dinan Pulley Kit, Dinan CH-R Wheels, Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Arkym Lip, IND M5 Mirror Caps, Carbon Reflectors, Lux H8 V3, Brembo 365mm BBK

Last edited by ///M Ryder; 09-30-2013 at 08:06 PM.
///M Ryder is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST