BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #23
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
the_road_less_traveled's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,104
Posts

 
Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the lake

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
A mint, $8400. Paying to play w/o compromise, that's the way I roll.
I hope you're quoting MSRP pricing because I have P40SC's in 20's with hand brushing and transparent copper powder (basically their most expensive finish AFAIK) and I paid way less than that. Mind you, I did shop around, but that price is really high. I had mine made late last year, so pretty recent. Looks great none the less.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #24
Denk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
23
Rep
1,976
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfirer1guy View Post
I hope you're quoting MSRP pricing because I have P40SC's in 20's with hand brushing and transparent copper powder (basically their most expensive finish AFAIK) and I paid way less than that. Mind you, I did shop around, but that price is really high. I had mine made late last year, so pretty recent. Looks great none the less.
That's what HRE quoted me so maybe they've had a price hike this year. No biggie to me, I'm still under budget.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #25
Denk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
23
Rep
1,976
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (2)

Some quick pics added, got 'em mounted today.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #26
M3Carbon
Captain
M3Carbon's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
730
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, AW/FRE
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: DC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
Thanks! I don't think this finish was available when I purchased my last set. I just couldn't resist trying it this go around. Just a different flavor of greatness.
I'm really curious about how my C20's would look if it had:
- Brushed titanium face
- Brushed silver barrel

Very intriguing. I should get out of this thread before I get crazy ideas....
DO IT!!!
__________________

Instagram @m3carbon
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #27
Andrew@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@IND's Avatar
83
Rep
2,402
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (2)

Wow! Great looking wheels on your car!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #28
slicer
Brigadier General
slicer's Avatar
61
Rep
3,941
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (19)

I love the wheels and I love the car but I don't like them together. After experimenting with many different colors of wheels on SSII, I think the only colors that work are black or mag blue. The blue tint in SSII makes silver or gray wheels look miss-matched IMO. That's just my opinion.... The brushed TI is HRE's best color. Maybe it looks better in person.
__________________
ALL PARTS FOR SALE (click links and/or Send me a PM) -
KW Clubsport 3-way, Mode Carbon GTS Wing, BMW Pedals Billet Extended DCT Paddles, Advan TC3 (9.5/10.5), Planted E92 Floor Mounts, Schroth Quick Fit Pro Harnesses (Red - E82/E90/E92 Version)
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 12:41 AM   #29
Denk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
23
Rep
1,976
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I love the wheels and I love the car but I don't like them together. After experimenting with many different colors of wheels on SSII, I think the only colors that work are black or mag blue. The blue tint in SSII makes silver or gray wheels look miss-matched IMO. That's just my opinion.... The brushed TI is HRE's best color. Maybe it looks better in person.
You might like them better in low light, they're a lot darker. It's just a taste preference. I sold my brushed tinted set thinking they wouldn't match with SSII until I saw them on SSII...expensive lesson. I'm glad I'm feeling the brushed titanium too. Here are a few more pics.



Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #30
W///
Major General
W///'s Avatar
86
Rep
5,418
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
You might like them better in low light, they're a lot darker. It's just a taste preference. I sold my brushed tinted set thinking they wouldn't match with SSII until I saw them on SSII...expensive lesson. I'm glad I'm feeling the brushed titanium too. Here are a few more pics.



If I didn't see your location, I would have guessed you lived in the Alps! Gorgeous scenery you got out there.

Car looks amazing with the new wheels. Works really well with SSII IMO.

I think 84% of the members on M3post have learned things via very expensive lessons, myself included.
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Catless Eisenmann Race | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #31
Raja Ventureshield
Banned
Raja Ventureshield's Avatar
United_States
83
Rep
5,694
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (6)

Beautifully done.
Loce it the ssii with hre. win-win
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #32
Denk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
23
Rep
1,976
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
If I didn't see your location, I would have guessed you lived in the Alps! Gorgeous scenery you got out there.

Car looks amazing with the new wheels. Works really well with SSII IMO.

I think 84% of the members on M3post have learned things via very expensive lessons, myself included.
Thanks! Pics were taken on a little road trip to Leavenworth, WA. It's a Bavarian style village. Same theme as Helen, GA.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #33
slicer
Brigadier General
slicer's Avatar
61
Rep
3,941
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
You might like them better in low light, they're a lot darker. It's just a taste preference. I sold my brushed tinted set thinking they wouldn't match with SSII until I saw them on SSII...expensive lesson. I'm glad I'm feeling the brushed titanium too. Here are a few more pics.
No matter what, you have some gorgeous wheels! I'm sure they look better in person and I realize that black wheels are not for everyone. Enjoy
__________________
ALL PARTS FOR SALE (click links and/or Send me a PM) -
KW Clubsport 3-way, Mode Carbon GTS Wing, BMW Pedals Billet Extended DCT Paddles, Advan TC3 (9.5/10.5), Planted E92 Floor Mounts, Schroth Quick Fit Pro Harnesses (Red - E82/E90/E92 Version)
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #34
Denk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
23
Rep
1,976
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
No matter what, you have some gorgeous wheels! I'm sure they look better in person and I realize that black wheels are not for everyone. Enjoy
Thanks Slicer! Thank God for a variety in tastes.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #35
Pertplus
Colonel
Pertplus's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
2,399
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 991 Turbo S
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Diego, California

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2014 Porsche 991 C2S  [5.00]
They look great. Not sure black would look that good on your car. I think you made the right choice. I'm probably going to get my P44SCs refinished if they don't sell.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #36
Denk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
23
Rep
1,976
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertplus View Post
They look great. Not sure black would look that good on your car. I think you made the right choice. I'm probably going to get my P44SCs refinished if they don't sell.
Thanks! I loved the brushed tinted most of the time, at times a little too sparkly though. I definitely prefer the brushed titanium, it has a softer sheen in bright light with the matte coat. The titanium tint is unique, I think it would look great with all of the M3 colors. Good luck with the sale/refin.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #37
IMG
M.POWER
IMG's Avatar
104
Rep
7,066
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Location

iTrader: (6)

Great choice
__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #38
cambit
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
151
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 COUPE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

why are these wheels so expensive???!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #39
nerwyll@trinityautosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
105
Rep
6,296
Posts


 
Drives: Jet Black e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

very nice =)
__________________

nerwyll@trinityautosport.com
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #40
Denk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
23
Rep
1,976
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
Great choice
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerwyll@trinityautosport View Post
very nice =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
Beautifully done.
Loce it the ssii with hre. win-win
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@IND View Post
Wow! Great looking wheels on your car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFox View Post
Awesome... Congrats! Wheels look amazing
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsal View Post
Nice - congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
congrats def one of my my favorite rims!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilspiritM3 View Post
That finish is really impressive. Congratulations!
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambit View Post
why are these wheels so expensive???!
Custom made, design, mono forged, hand brushed, new finish, exudes quality...HRE isn't cheap and guys like me are willing to pay the price. I love everything about this wheel, hands down my favorite street wheel. OK, one more pic.

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #41
Need4Speed_Motorsports
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Need4Speed_Motorsports's Avatar
United_States
166
Rep
8,136
Posts


 
Drives: BMW E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

looking good

HRE is amazing quality wheels

and im loving the finish
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 04:00 AM   #42
bonesy
New Member
United Kingdom
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 Estoril blue
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Top quaility mate looks stunning
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #43
Denk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
23
Rep
1,976
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Speed_Motorsports View Post
looking good

HRE is amazing quality wheels

and im loving the finish
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesy View Post
Top quaility mate looks stunning
Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #44
NJCRUSH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2
Rep
274
Posts

 
Drives: M3 Limerock/M3 Frozen Black
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bergen County, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Hey they look sweet man - Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST