BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
exmowner
Captain
exmowner's Avatar
15
Rep
962
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3\\\
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (5)

DIY spark plug change with ess kit?

I'm about to tackle this... anyone have insight?

I'm not sure if I have to remove the intercooler reservoir to get to the passenger side plugs.

Also would removing it create air bubbles in the intercooler?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
326
Rep
10,621
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by exmowner View Post
I'm about to tackle this... anyone have insight?

I'm not sure if I have to remove the intercooler reservoir to get to the passenger side plugs.

Also would removing it create air bubbles in the intercooler?
Reservoir can be unbolted and moved aside, there's no need to drain coolant.
__________________

Last edited by tom @ eas; 09-04-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
exmowner
Captain
exmowner's Avatar
15
Rep
962
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3\\\
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Reservoir can be unbolted and moved aside, there's no need to drain coolant.
So you don't have to undo the coolant lines, just move it aside?

There seems to be a lot more involved when a supercharger is in the equation...

Thx Tom
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
326
Rep
10,621
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by exmowner View Post
So you don't have to undo the coolant lines, just move it aside?

There seems to be a lot more involved when a supercharger is in the equation...

Thx Tom
No need, there's enough coolant line to just push it out of the way temporarily.

Glad to help.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
exmowner
Captain
exmowner's Avatar
15
Rep
962
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3\\\
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
No need, there's enough coolant line to just push it out of the way temporarily.

Glad to help.
Tom, im in the middle of replacement and I can't seem to get the drivers side coil cover off as it makes contact with the supercharger inlet in the rear.

I'm wondering if the supercharger has to come off to get that cover off?

Thanks
Alex
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
326
Rep
10,621
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by exmowner View Post
Tom, im in the middle of replacement and I can't seem to get the drivers side coil cover off as it makes contact with the supercharger inlet in the rear.

I'm wondering if the supercharger has to come off to get that cover off?

Thanks
Alex
Supercharger doesn't need to be removed, but the inlet pipe should be popped off in order to make room.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST