BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #133
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,432
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
i remember almost 20 years ago i came up with a theorem that while greeneries may kill your brain cells, it still makes you sharper upon observation of subjects. It goes something like this (and this is in no way completely made up to validate the usage whatsoever):

Buffalo Theory: buffalo travel in herds and are only as fast as the slowest moving member of the herd. The slowest ones get hunted and leave the herd one by one---> the herd is now smaller but faster.

Let the dumb brain cells get killed off and become more creative, sharper, and become a genius!

Anybody remember RooR pieces? Mine were named John McEnRooR and RooR Jones Jr. Beat that.

I have made up similar therories about the bad cells being killed, in my liver, brain and wherever else I damage. Turns me into a superhero eventually.
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2014, 03:24 PM   #134
pkimM3r
Banned
 
pkimM3r's Avatar
 
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

Posts: 7,321
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Will that prove its good for you? We have receptors for opioids as well?
opiods are good as well.....they are also great at removing body parts especially if you just inject into the same part consistently.
pkimM3r is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2014, 03:26 PM   #135
pkimM3r
Banned
 
pkimM3r's Avatar
 
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

Posts: 7,321
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I have made up similar therories about the bad cells being killed, in my liver, brain and wherever else I damage. Turns me into a superhero eventually.
Liver works better with alcohol. There are things called speed-balls to speed up the process by 1000 fold. It isn't for the weak.
pkimM3r is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #136
bmw325i
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United States

Posts: 4,334
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
i remember almost 20 years ago i came up with a theorem that while greeneries may kill your brain cells, it still makes you sharper upon observation of subjects. It goes something like this (and this is in no way completely made up to validate the usage whatsoever):

Buffalo Theory: buffalo travel in herds and are only as fast as the slowest moving member of the herd. The slowest ones get hunted and leave the herd one by one---> the herd is now smaller but faster.

Let the dumb brain cells get killed off and become more creative, sharper, and become a genius!

Anybody remember RooR pieces? Mine were named John McEnRooR and RooR Jones Jr. Beat that.

Here is an interesting article about that.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/10/2...w-brain-aging/

"The latest review, published in Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, suggests that activating the brain’s cannabinoid system may trigger a sort of anti-oxidant cleanse, removing damaged cells and improving the efficiency of the mitochrondria, the energy source that powers cells, ultimately leading to a more robustly functioning brain."
bmw325i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #137
pkimM3r
Banned
 
pkimM3r's Avatar
 
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

Posts: 7,321
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
Here is an interesting article about that.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/10/2...w-brain-aging/

"The latest review, published in Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, suggests that activating the brain’s cannabinoid system may trigger a sort of anti-oxidant cleanse, removing damaged cells and improving the efficiency of the mitochrondria, the energy source that powers cells, ultimately leading to a more robustly functioning brain."
what? i thought of this shit up in 1991. i should have published it.
pkimM3r is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2014, 10:54 PM   #138
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,432
iTrader: (5)

You missed it by a few years, keep up.
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2014, 08:18 AM   #139
fatpanda
Private First Class
 
fatpanda's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 E90
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Uranus

Posts: 109
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
Except marijuana does not cause brain damage and alcohol does.
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publication...our-brain-body

"Memory impairment from marijuana use occurs because THC alters how information is processed in the hippocampus, a brain area responsible for memory formation."

dont know abt u but that sure sounds like some level of brain damage...
fatpanda is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2014, 08:41 AM   #140
SenorFunkyPants
Colonel
 
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

Posts: 2,535
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatpanda View Post

"Memory impairment from marijuana use occurs because THC alters how information is processed in the hippocampus, a brain area responsible for memory formation."
You can always rely on Government anti drug propaganda.
With all the value of anecdotal information: Myself and two friends smoked a bit when we were kids. I stopped while my two pals continued unabated to the present day.
They both have great memories - one even told me the other day the name of the Roxy Music song that was playing when I first asked a girl (who was later to become my wife) to dance in a club...me I had no clue....in fact I struggle to remember what day of the week it is.
__________________

Last edited by SenorFunkyPants; 02-26-2014 at 08:47 AM.
SenorFunkyPants is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #141
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,818
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
If people want to do pot, who cares. If people don't want to do pot, who the fuck cares. Everyone is always trying to push their agenda on others...
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-16-2014, 01:30 AM   #142
Jaswindersingh
New Member
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sydney

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Drugs were invented for diseases cure but people today are using them for fun. IMO almost every drug is good for health if used in moderate quantity. I am not saying from my personal experience. What other says i don't know.
Jaswindersingh is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-16-2014, 01:39 AM   #143
Devious21
Lieutenant
 
Devious21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 577
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaswindersingh View Post
Drugs were invented for diseases cure but people today are using them for fun. IMO almost every drug is good for health if used in moderate quantity. I am not saying from my personal experience. What other says i don't know.
Did you get high, then stumble upon this thread to post that?
__________________

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Devious21 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      07-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #144
954Stealth
Colonel
 
954Stealth's Avatar
 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL

Posts: 2,796
iTrader: (1)

Scientists at the University of East Anglia have shown how the main psychoactive ingredient in cannabis could reduce tumor growth in cancer patients.

Research reveals the existence of previously unknown signaling platforms which are responsible for the drug’s success in shrinking tumors.

It is hoped that the findings could help develop a synthetic equivalent with anti-cancer properties.

The research was co-led with the Universidad Complutense de Madridin, Spain. The team used samples of human cancer cells to induce tumors in mice. They then targeted the tumors with doses of the cannabis compound THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol). They found that two cell receptors in particular were responsible for the drug’s anti-tumor effects.

“THC, the major active component of marijuana, has anti-cancer properties. This compound is known to act through a specific family of cell receptors called cannabinoid receptors. However, it was unclear which of these receptors were responsible for the anti-tumor effects of THC," said Dr. Peter McCormick, from UEA’s school of Pharmacy. “We show that these effects are mediated via the joint interaction of CB2 and GPR55 - two members of the cannabinoid receptor family. Our findings help explain some of the well-known but still poorly understood effects of THC at low and high doses on tumor growth."

McCormick added: “There has been a great deal of interest in understanding the molecular mechanisms behind how marijuana, and specifically THC, influence cancer pathology. There has also been a drive in the pharmaceutical industry to create synthetic equivalents that might have anti-cancer properties. By identifying the receptors involved we have provided an important step towards the future development of therapeutics that can take advantage of the interactions we have discovered to reduce tumor growth.”

McCormick also said that cancer sufferers should not be tempted to self-medicate.

“Our research uses an isolated chemical compound and using the correct concentration is vital. Cancer patients should not use cannabis to self-medicate, but I hope that our research will lead to a safe synthetic equivalent being available in the future," he said.

The study, "Targeting CB2 –GPR55 receptor heteromers modulates cancer cell signaling," is published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know you're getting bacon, when you're cooking bacon.
954Stealth is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-16-2014, 03:12 PM   #145
JM35
Twin Turbo
 
JM35's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 535i Sport
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Houston

Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

Threads like this really need to stay off car forums....off topic section or not.
__________________
2008 535i Sport Pkg
2007 335i
2007 Mazda RX8

OEM BMW Parts
JM35 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #146
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
 
upstatedoc's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,515
iTrader: (1)

Medical marijuana in NY: Approved!
__________________
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Countermeasure enthusiast.
upstatedoc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2014, 01:31 PM   #147
Billup
ಠ_ಠ Bitchtits
 
Billup's Avatar
 
Drives: Your mum crazy.
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Baconopolos Island

Posts: 715
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaswindersingh View Post
Drugs were invented for diseases cure but people today are using them for fun. IMO almost every drug is good for health if used in moderate quantity. I am not saying from my personal experience. What other says i don't know.
Well, I have seen some commercials that say "Meth, not even once".


I'm assuming that's because it's not good for your health in a single quantity.
__________________
2012 Black Motorbike
2008 Red Car
Billup is offline   Azerbaijan
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #148
Darth Federer
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 m3 SSII Metallic
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Scientists at the University of East Anglia have shown how the main psychoactive ingredient in cannabis could reduce tumor growth in cancer patients.

Research reveals the existence of previously unknown signaling platforms which are responsible for the drug’s success in shrinking tumors.

It is hoped that the findings could help develop a synthetic equivalent with anti-cancer properties.

The research was co-led with the Universidad Complutense de Madridin, Spain. The team used samples of human cancer cells to induce tumors in mice. They then targeted the tumors with doses of the cannabis compound THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol). They found that two cell receptors in particular were responsible for the drug’s anti-tumor effects.

“THC, the major active component of marijuana, has anti-cancer properties. This compound is known to act through a specific family of cell receptors called cannabinoid receptors. However, it was unclear which of these receptors were responsible for the anti-tumor effects of THC," said Dr. Peter McCormick, from UEA’s school of Pharmacy. “We show that these effects are mediated via the joint interaction of CB2 and GPR55 - two members of the cannabinoid receptor family. Our findings help explain some of the well-known but still poorly understood effects of THC at low and high doses on tumor growth."

McCormick added: “There has been a great deal of interest in understanding the molecular mechanisms behind how marijuana, and specifically THC, influence cancer pathology. There has also been a drive in the pharmaceutical industry to create synthetic equivalents that might have anti-cancer properties. By identifying the receptors involved we have provided an important step towards the future development of therapeutics that can take advantage of the interactions we have discovered to reduce tumor growth.”

McCormick also said that cancer sufferers should not be tempted to self-medicate.

“Our research uses an isolated chemical compound and using the correct concentration is vital. Cancer patients should not use cannabis to self-medicate, but I hope that our research will lead to a safe synthetic equivalent being available in the future," he said.

The study, "Targeting CB2 –GPR55 receptor heteromers modulates cancer cell signaling," is published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry.
The problem with this post is you are citing a discredited institution for your facts. The University of East Anglia is also the genius institution that has foisted completely discredited global warming data on unsuspecting morons for the last 10 years. If they can be paid to manipulate data from other research projects what makes you think they didn't do the same for the research you are citing? I hope you look into the buffoons at East Anglia and make the decision to get your facts elsewhere.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...eneration.html
Darth Federer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2014, 03:41 PM   #149
954Stealth
Colonel
 
954Stealth's Avatar
 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL

Posts: 2,796
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Federer View Post
The problem with this post is you are citing a discredited institution for your facts. The University of East Anglia is also the genius institution that has foisted completely discredited global warming data on unsuspecting morons for the last 10 years. If they can be paid to manipulate data from other research projects what makes you think they didn't do the same for the research you are citing? I hope you look into the buffoons at East Anglia and make the decision to get your facts elsewhere.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...eneration.html
I'm familiar with Climategate but that does not disprove this study. The Climate Research Unit did not conduct this study. And the local police department ended up closing the investigation..

re: getting my facts - I never rely on one source for my facts. It's not the first time this type of study has been conducted (see the OP).

another disclaimer: I don't smoke.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know you're getting bacon, when you're cooking bacon.
954Stealth is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2014, 03:49 PM   #150
Darth Federer
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 m3 SSII Metallic
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
If you watch the documentary Run from the Cure you will clearly see he cured his own cancer as well as thousands of others using cannabis oil. He also tried to get the word out but nobody was really interested. In a way companies that make pharmaceuticals don't want diseases such as cancer to be cured especially not through natural means. They wouldn't make any money off it, and that is what you should be offended by. It's kind of similar to the fact that we go to war because its profitable. If you look up Rick Simpson you will see that he is not after money as he doesn't charge any of his patients for the medicine.

Btw there are many natural cures for cancer. Baking soda, vitamin b17, omega 3 and 6, antioxidants such as cannabis and blueberries, dandelions, and many more. Plants were put here for us to use and they all have there uses many we just don't know about. I believe diet along with beauty products and cleaners have a lot to do with cancer. Most people consume a lot of toxins and have a highly processed and unnatural diet. They develop nutrient deficiencies and free radicals start building up because the diet doesn't contain enough antioxidants.
Well I only got 2 pages into this thread before you completely discredited yourself with this crazy conspiracy theory. Do you really think a cure for cancer is being hidden by the pharmaceutical industry? In the day and age of the internet and bloggers and peer reviewed journals and free journalists you really think a conspiracy of this magnitude could be pulled off? Do you realize how many people would have to be corrupted to accomplish that? The NSA couldn't stop Edward Snowden, right? Do you believe in other conspiracy theories as well? Regardless, I think you are approaching this from the wrong perspective. To argue that drug use is not harmful in at least some ways only undermines your credibility. The argument for using drugs in any way you see fit should center on personal freedom, not some random claim at a magic cure or dubious anecdotal stories. Drug use is a victimless crime but the war on drugs creates many victims and wastes god knows how much money.
Darth Federer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #151
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
 
upstatedoc's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,515
iTrader: (1)

god I love this thread.
__________________
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Countermeasure enthusiast.
upstatedoc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #152
Chopper2017
New Member
 
Drives: MG ZT
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hertfordshire

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Arrow Conspiracy fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
If you watch the documentary Run from the Cure you will clearly see he cured his own cancer as well as thousands of others using cannabis oil. He also tried to get the word out but nobody was really interested. In a way companies that make pharmaceuticals don't want diseases such as cancer to be cured especially not through natural means. They wouldn't make any money off it, and that is what you should be offended by. It's kind of similar to the fact that we go to war because its profitable. If you look up Rick Simpson you will see that he is not after money as he doesn't charge any of his patients for the medicine.

Btw there are many natural cures for cancer. Baking soda, vitamin b17, omega 3 and 6, antioxidants such as cannabis and blueberries, dandelions, and many more. Plants were put here for us to use and they all have there uses many we just don't know about. I believe diet along with beauty products and cleaners have a lot to do with cancer. Most people consume a lot of toxins and have a highly processed and unnatural diet. They develop nutrient deficiencies and free radicals start building up because the diet doesn't contain enough antioxidants.
Absolutely correct in everything you say.
There is no conspiracy here there is only FACT.
Not only does money make the world go round it is also the route of all evil.
Yes the pharmaceutical companies do not want to find a cure to many diseases not just cancer.
Talking of toxins the worst culprit for the worlds increase in various diseases is without doubt the vast consumption of aspartame/ acesulfame K etc etc in our foods and drinks. It is now in MOST foods and drinks, is a chemical of no nutritional value and is a poison (contains methanol and turns into formaldehyde when reaches a certain warm temperature).
No AGAIN this is NOT a conspiracy, neither is it a conspiracy that the guy from the FDA who signed that crap off as being safe for human consumption then went onto a high paid job working for Monsanto the very company that produces Aspartame.
It disgusts me when people who have no background education on a subject shout "conspiracy theory" when they hear something they may not believe based on zero evidence and zero knowledge.
Next thing they'll be saying building 7 never fell over, 9/11 wasn't a false flag and Obama is officially an american citizen but also a good man at heart lol.
Most conspiracy theories are FACT not fiction made up by crazy people.
Do the research yourself, dont be lazy and ignorant.
you will find the truth...

My first post... lol.
Chopper2017 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #153
Chopper2017
New Member
 
Drives: MG ZT
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hertfordshire

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

people who cry "conspiracy theorist" are simple and uneducated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Federer View Post
Well I only got 2 pages into this thread before you completely discredited yourself with this crazy conspiracy theory. Do you really think a cure for cancer is being hidden by the pharmaceutical industry? In the day and age of the internet and bloggers and peer reviewed journals and free journalists you really think a conspiracy of this magnitude could be pulled off? Do you realize how many people would have to be corrupted to accomplish that? The NSA couldn't stop Edward Snowden, right? Do you believe in other conspiracy theories as well? Regardless, I think you are approaching this from the wrong perspective. To argue that drug use is not harmful in at least some ways only undermines your credibility. The argument for using drugs in any way you see fit should center on personal freedom, not some random claim at a magic cure or dubious anecdotal stories. Drug use is a victimless crime but the war on drugs creates many victims and wastes god knows how much money.
Not corrupted, "de-compartmentalised"
Whilst were discussing credibility can you please explain to me why alcohol, the most dangerous drug on earth followed by nicotene the 2nd most dangerous drug on earth are legal in most countries yet cannabis which has a long list of PROVEN medical uses, LSD which believe it or not also has health benefits and exstacy which has mental PROVEN and once often used mental health benefits are illegal?
Yes LSD is a strong mind altering drug and yes exstacy has been linked to deaths but not 1, NOT ONE death has ever been linked to the use of cannabis.
Now... Ive done the background on this subject, Ive educated myself so I already know the answer.
The question is, do you?
I agree with you when you say drug use is victimless but it should never be a crime.
I also agree with you when you say the war on drugs creates many victims but this is the faults of our governments and the scum who control our governments from behind closed doors.

my 2nd post... rant over lol...
Chopper2017 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2014, 12:57 PM   #154
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,432
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper2017 View Post
Not corrupted, "de-compartmentalised"
Whilst were discussing credibility can you please explain to me why alcohol, the most dangerous drug on earth followed by nicotene the 2nd most dangerous drug on earth are legal in most countries yet cannabis which has a long list of PROVEN medical uses, LSD which believe it or not also has health benefits and exstacy which has mental PROVEN and once often used mental health benefits are illegal?
Yes LSD is a strong mind altering drug and yes exstacy has been linked to deaths but not 1, NOT ONE death has ever been linked to the use of cannabis.
Now... Ive done the background on this subject, Ive educated myself so I already know the answer.
The question is, do you?
I agree with you when you say drug use is victimless but it should never be a crime.
I also agree with you when you say the war on drugs creates many victims but this is the faults of our governments and the scum who control our governments from behind closed doors. Try something as simple as a chemotherapy agent it's use can kill you now not 20 years later.


my 2nd post... rant over lol...
Alcohol and nicotine are dangerous because of the number of people that use them in excess. You really can't think of something else more dangerous? Anything can be used as a drug if you are trying to alter the bodies natural function.

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 08-24-2014 at 02:37 PM.
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST