BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
GetBMWParts
View Poll Results: Which is the Best M3, ever?
E30 M3 37 7.03%
E36 M3 5 Speed Manual 13 2.47%
E36 M3 5 Speed Automatic 2 0.38%
E46 M3 6 Speed Manual 56 10.65%
E46 M3 SMG 12 2.28%
E9x M3 6 Speed Manual 178 33.84%
E9x M3 DCT 228 43.35%
Voters: 526. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #45
Cool Steel
First Lieutenant
 
Cool Steel's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 E92 ZCP DCT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: A galaxy far..far..away

Posts: 354
iTrader: (0)

Well this poll is shaping up to be just like a race in real life. DCT in the lead and the MT desperately trying to keep up..
__________________
"BMW drivers really are jerks, studies find" The Wall Street Journal
....Hell, I could have told em that.

--- M3 ZCP DCT
---->
Cool Steel is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #46
SilentAttack
Major
 
Drives: 08 E90 Jerez Black 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hendersonville, TN

Posts: 1,308
iTrader: (0)

Yeah maybe you should have left the MT and Auto stuff out of it. Im sure the E9x would have won because thats what most of us drive..
__________________
SilentAttack is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #47
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,752
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAttack View Post
Yeah maybe you should have left the MT and Auto stuff out of it. Im sure the E9x would have won because thats what most of us drive..
That is what most of us drive but it's not like we don't have a choice. Anyone one of us could go out and get an E46 or E36....etc. But the E9x is the best M3 to date from a raw performance perspective. This is not the only reason people buy car though. Some buy for looks(totally subjective), some for the uniqueness, or rarity of a particular car as well.

If you put great emphasis on rarity, the E30 wins hands down, especially if you like the looks(which I do). But, for me it just does not have quite enough performance. The E36 is the least desireable IMO. The fit finish was not as good as the E46 nor was the performance. The E9x really hit the pinnacle or sweet spot for me. It really stepped it up performance-wise (look at my sig: link/quote). Though it is not as rare as the E30, there were quite a few less E9x produced than E36/46. In fact 33% less E9x's on the road than the E46 which didn't even have a sedan option. So, most impressive performance we've seen with lower production numbers. The best fit/finish and materials of any generation as well.

Like I pointed out before, there is only 14,766 manual E92's in the world. Less than the E30 total (available w/ manual only). And only 6,235 in US/CAN. This car is a total keeper!

M3 production numbers history:

Name:  Total M3#.JPG
Views: 249
Size:  26.3 KB

__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #48
M3ZCP6MT
Captain
 
M3ZCP6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: 381 ///M3
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange County

Posts: 605
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
That is what most of us drive but it's not like we don't have a choice. Anyone one of us could go out and get an E46 or E36....etc. But the E9x is the best M3 to date from a raw performance perspective. This is not the only reason people buy car though. Some buy for looks(totally subjective), some for the uniqueness, or rarity of a particular car as well.

If you put great emphasis on rarity, the E30 wins hands down, especially if you like the looks(which I do). But, for me it just does not have quite enough performance. The E36 is the least desireable IMO. The fit finish was not as good as the E46 nor was the performance. The E9x really hit the pinnacle or sweet spot for me. It really stepped it up performance-wise (look at my sig: link/quote). Though it is not as rare as the E30, there were quite a few less E9x produced than E36/46. In fact 33% less E9x's on the road than the E46 which didn't even have a sedan option. So, most impressive performance we've seen with lower production numbers. The best fit/finish and materials of any generation as well.

Like I pointed out before, there is only 14,766 manual E92's in the world. Less than the E30 total (available w/ manual only). And only 6,235 in US/CAN. This car is a total keeper!

M3 production numbers history:

Attachment 909077

GREAT info
__________________
.

/// M3 + 6MT + ZCP + ///MPE = A Healthy Addiction ///
M3ZCP6MT is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #49
ibmike
What the Hell ?
 
ibmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 e92 DCT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Michigan

Posts: 1,518
iTrader: (6)

I went to the Drag track today and i know the M3 isnt a drag car, But even being a DCT lover a MT M3 is A lot faster at the drag track im sure, i was disappointed in my DCT at the drag track, even tho i had the Launch control set to 3500rpm still couldn't use it, so it was useless IMO had to run in M mode w/euro MDM and best i could run was a sucky as hell 12.74@111, Boooo a MT probably could have ran in the low 12's, im ticked off, and i have Dinan intake, pulley, and BPM Tune, im pissed.
__________________
Life's a Bitch,Just make sure that Bitch is Beautiful.
ibmike is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #50
Jay-K
Colonel
 
Jay-K's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indonesia

Posts: 2,481
iTrader: (0)

never had those cars.. but i'd pick E30 M3. since its priced so high here around 80000$
Jay-K is offline   Indonesia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2013, 02:08 AM   #51
Soorena
Captain
 
Drives: M3 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Paris

Posts: 840
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
E46 Hands down. E92 is nice, but E46 >> E92.
E30 is overrated. Great piece of BMW history, but again it's overrated.
E36 is awesome and could be a lot more loved if it had a real M engine (S50) in US. That didn't happen unfortunately/
Soorena is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2013, 04:01 AM   #52
KKM3
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 504
iTrader: (0)

I think it's safe to assume the vast majority of forum members have never owned or driven an e36 or e30 m3. If they did, we would see far different results IMO.
KKM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #53
Cool Steel
First Lieutenant
 
Cool Steel's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 E92 ZCP DCT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: A galaxy far..far..away

Posts: 354
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
I went to the Drag track today and i know the M3 isnt a drag car, But even being a DCT lover a MT M3 is A lot faster at the drag track im sure, i was disappointed in my DCT at the drag track, even tho i had the Launch control set to 3500rpm still couldn't use it, so it was useless IMO had to run in M mode w/euro MDM and best i could run was a sucky as hell 12.74@111, Boooo a MT probably could have ran in the low 12's, im ticked off, and i have Dinan intake, pulley, and BPM Tune, im pissed.
Factually proven the MT is approximately two tenths slower with professional drivers. With non professionals this gap widens significantly. MT wont help you it is factually slower.
__________________
"BMW drivers really are jerks, studies find" The Wall Street Journal
....Hell, I could have told em that.

--- M3 ZCP DCT
---->
Cool Steel is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #54
Alex07M3
Banned
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

Posts: 1,972
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 e92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
I wish the Poll was just 4 choices. E30, E36, E46, E9X. Leave the MT, SMG, DCT debate out of it.


I never drove a DCT so how could I know!?
Alex07M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #55
ibmike
What the Hell ?
 
ibmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 e92 DCT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Michigan

Posts: 1,518
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAttack View Post
Yeah maybe you should have left the MT and Auto stuff out of it. Im sure the E9x would have won because thats what most of us drive..
Yah combine um and the e92 is at 76.05%
__________________
Life's a Bitch,Just make sure that Bitch is Beautiful.
ibmike is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #56
SilentAttack
Major
 
Drives: 08 E90 Jerez Black 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hendersonville, TN

Posts: 1,308
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
Yah combine um and the e92 is at 76.05%
E9x.. I like my 4 door rocket
__________________
SilentAttack is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #57
M3ZCP6MT
Captain
 
M3ZCP6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: 381 ///M3
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange County

Posts: 605
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNate View Post
My favorite M3 is the E92 CSL that BMW never built...and certainly wouldn't have brought Stateside if they did.
US always get short changed
__________________
.

/// M3 + 6MT + ZCP + ///MPE = A Healthy Addiction ///
M3ZCP6MT is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #58
03BeastCharmer
Major
 
03BeastCharmer's Avatar
 
Drives: 03 M5, '13 & 97 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston

Posts: 1,414
iTrader: (2)

I voted E46 6sp, but it depends on how you define "best". I think the E46 is the best all around.

E30 - Best feel, but is now slow compared to modern cars.
E36 - Best autocross car because of light weights and decent power.
E46 - Best back road/daily use car.
E9x - Monster at high speed tracks, painful at the pump, getting big in size.

E46 hits the sweet spot.
__________________

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Wife's: E39 M5, E36 M3
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3
03BeastCharmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #59
M3ZCP6MT
Captain
 
M3ZCP6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: 381 ///M3
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange County

Posts: 605
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
I voted E46 6sp, but it depends on how you define "best". I think the E46 is the best all around.

E30 - Best feel, but is now slow compared to modern cars.
E36 - Best autocross car because of light weights and decent power.
E46 - Best back road/daily use car.
E9x - Monster at high speed tracks, painful at the pump, getting big in size.

E46 hits the sweet spot.
You have a great M3 garage, E30, E36 & E92
__________________
.

/// M3 + 6MT + ZCP + ///MPE = A Healthy Addiction ///
M3ZCP6MT is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #60
pkimM3r
Banned
 
pkimM3r's Avatar
 
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

Posts: 7,321
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ZCP6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
I voted E46 6sp, but it depends on how you define "best". I think the E46 is the best all around.

E30 - Best feel, but is now slow compared to modern cars.
E36 - Best autocross car because of light weights and decent power.
E46 - Best back road/daily use car.
E9x - Monster at high speed tracks, painful at the pump, getting big in size.

E46 hits the sweet spot.
You have a great M3 garage, E30, E36 & E92
Wheres the GTS? Big winner here.
pkimM3r is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #61
M三
Private
 
M三's Avatar
 
Drives: to work Monday - Friday
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SJC, CA

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

GTS in US? That will be sweet.
M三 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #62
wanesso
Private
 
wanesso's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 e92 M3, no mods,no probs
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Best M3

So Easy; the e92 V8 M3 with 6 speed MT. Never a better car was built.
wanesso is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #63
Law
M TREEZ
 
Law's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 6MT | E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 472
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
2004 BMW M3  [5.00]
E46 M3 is the best of all worlds.
Still, all M3's are good cars, but M3's are a must have with a manual trans!
__________________
2011 E90 ///M3 6MT (08.10.13~ Current)
| RAYS | EIBACH | AKRAPOVIČ |
2004 E46 ///M3 6MT (02.20.11~10.24.13) Sold
| HKS | KW | RECARO | RAYS |
Law is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #64
M3ZCP6MT
Captain
 
M3ZCP6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: 381 ///M3
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange County

Posts: 605
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
...all M3's are good cars, but M3's are a must have with a manual trans!
__________________
.

/// M3 + 6MT + ZCP + ///MPE = A Healthy Addiction ///
M3ZCP6MT is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #65
330indy
CCA member
 
330indy's Avatar
 
Drives: e46 + e92
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Indy

Posts: 908
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill72
Where is the new M3/4 option?

I would say on looks alone it would easily win this poll.
Naaah
The f80 looks like a comic book character, like superman.
J/K
It will grow on all of us
Just like the e92 did on the hardcore e46 guys
__________________
V8 M3 in the barn

E46 330i 2002: DD; Z4M 2006- sold; E39 530i 2001- sold; E36 325iC 1994- sold
330indy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #66
330indy
CCA member
 
330indy's Avatar
 
Drives: e46 + e92
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Indy

Posts: 908
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorena
E46 Hands down. E92 is nice, but E46 >> E92.
E30 is overrated. Great piece of BMW history, but again it's overrated.
E36 is awesome and could be a lot more loved if it had a real M engine (S50) in US. That didn't happen unfortunately/
Actually the e92 is much more capable than the e46
__________________
V8 M3 in the barn

E46 330i 2002: DD; Z4M 2006- sold; E39 530i 2001- sold; E36 325iC 1994- sold
330indy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST