BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

12-27-2007, 12:09 AM   #133
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Jimmy Carter was a great failure:

01/1977 Carter began the removal of U.S. troops from South Korea in an ill-advised policy that had to be abandoned after withdrawing fewer than 4,000.

08/1977 Created the Department of Energy as a cabinet level department to oversee the safety of the nuclear power industry and to set energy policy. How well has this department succeeded?

09/1977 Secured the approval of a re-negotiated treaty with Panama to give the U.S. owned Canal Zone to the Panamanians. Hopefully this will not prove to be a disaster in the future of the U.S.

01/1979 Carter abandoned Iran's Shah Reza Pahlavi strengthening the radical Islamist revolution in Iran. That is the same radical Islamist organization that plagues the world today.

03/1979 Carter did nothing to overcome negative reaction to the accident at the Three Mile Island nuclear power plant, leaving popular opinion against what was arguably the best source of clean energy available. Nuclear power could have curtailed our dependence on foreign oil.

06/1979 Whether it was a good idea or not, Carter's agreement to the Strategic Arms Limitation Treaty (SALT II) with the U.S.S.R failed to get ratified because the Soviets were found to have a brigade of several thousand combat troops stationed in Cuba and also the Soviets had invaded Afghanistan.

10/1979 Created the Department of Education. Is this a great success?

10/1979 Created the Department of Health and Human Services. Is this a great success?

10/1979 Carter reversed the long held policy of the U.S. to support the Somoza government in Nicaragua in favor of instead supporting the Marxist Sandinistas who then overthrew the Somoza government.

11/1979 In response to Carter allowing Shah Reza Pahlavi to enter the U.S. for medical treatment, Iranian militants took American diplomats hostage in Tehran. Since Carter had effectively sided with the Islamist revolution in Iran against the Shah, shouldn't he have denied the Shah entrance? At least the Islamists whom he had sided with by his inaction against the revolution would not have been provided motivation for the radical actions that were to follow.

12/1979 Whether it worked out for good or not is debatable, but Carter supported the radical Islamist groups in Afghanistan that ultimately survived the invasion by the U.S.S.R. while not securing any love for the U.S. in the minds of the Islamists. Do I see a pattern here?

01/1980 Arguably achieved some degree of success in agreements between Israel and Egypt with Israel giving up territory and the U.S. paying billions of dollars annually to both Israel and Egypt ever since to guarantee peace.

04/1980 Under Carter's direction, an attempt to rescue the American diplomat hostages held in Iran failed utterly, and Carter could not accomplish anything toward liberating them.

If you are not familiar with the troubled U.S. economy that Carter was no help for, and had no clue for how to deal with, then I could provide you some information about that as well.

Carter was so unpopular even while in office, that he was in a real contest to secure the party nomination to run for president again. It could very well have been Ted Kennedy rather than Jimmy Carter that ran against Ronald Reagan in 1980.

In my estimation Jimmy Carter was the worst president of the last many decades. What successes can you cite to support your argument that Jimmy Carter was better than George W. Bush?
scottwww is offline   United_States
      12-27-2007, 12:10 AM   #134
!Xoible
Banned

Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
come on dude... u really arguing bush isnt dumb?
!Xoible is offline   United_States
      12-27-2007, 12:19 AM   #135
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
come on dude... u really arguing bush isnt dumb?
Of course he isn't dumb. Neither is Jimmy Carter. The difference is that Jimmy Carter was an awful failure whereas George W. Bush has had great success in the face of adversity.
      12-27-2007, 12:22 AM   #136
!Xoible
Banned

Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
haha i already give up on the discussion...
!Xoible is offline   United_States
      12-27-2007, 12:32 AM   #137
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD

Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Of course he isn't dumb. Neither is Jimmy Carter. The difference is that Jimmy Carter was an awful failure whereas George W. Bush has had great success in the face of adversity.
If I could be serious for a moment.........

George W. Bush is not dumb......he's just selfish........

George W. Bush has spent more $$$ for his personal agenda than all the previous presidents combined......

You, your children, your grandchildren, and their grandchildren will be paying their hard earned $$$ to the Government to bring it back to a surplus.

And for what........

12-27-2007, 01:50 AM   #138
Neurorad
Major

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP

Quote:
I am not a big poll watcher, but they can be interesting. This must be salt in the wound of all the haters:
President Bush and Democratic presidential candidate Sen Hillary Rodham Clinton again top Gallup's annual list of "most admired" men and women, the pollsters just announced.

The top five places in each gender:

Women.

Sen. Clinton, 18%.
Winfrey, 16%.
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, 5%.
Actress Angelina Jolie and Laura Bush, 3%.
Former prime ministers Margaret Thatcher (U.K.) and Benazir Bhutto (Pakistan), 2%.

Men.

President Bush, 10%.
Former president Clinton, 8%.
Former vice president Al Gore, 6%.
Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, 5%.
Rev. Billy Graham and former South African president Nelson Mandela, 3%.
Wow, lots of stupid people polled.
      12-27-2007, 01:56 AM   #139
Neurorad
Major

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP

Quote:
Jimmy Carter was a great failure:

01/1977 Carter began the removal of U.S. troops from South Korea in an ill-advised policy that had to be abandoned after withdrawing fewer than 4,000.

08/1977 Created the Department of Energy as a cabinet level department to oversee the safety of the nuclear power industry and to set energy policy. How well has this department succeeded?

09/1977 Secured the approval of a re-negotiated treaty with Panama to give the U.S. owned Canal Zone to the Panamanians. Hopefully this will not prove to be a disaster in the future of the U.S.

01/1979 Carter abandoned Iran's Shah Reza Pahlavi strengthening the radical Islamist revolution in Iran. That is the same radical Islamist organization that plagues the world today.

03/1979 Carter did nothing to overcome negative reaction to the accident at the Three Mile Island nuclear power plant, leaving popular opinion against what was arguably the best source of clean energy available. Nuclear power could have curtailed our dependence on foreign oil.

06/1979 Whether it was a good idea or not, Carter's agreement to the Strategic Arms Limitation Treaty (SALT II) with the U.S.S.R failed to get ratified because the Soviets were found to have a brigade of several thousand combat troops stationed in Cuba and also the Soviets had invaded Afghanistan.

10/1979 Created the Department of Education. Is this a great success?

10/1979 Created the Department of Health and Human Services. Is this a great success?

10/1979 Carter reversed the long held policy of the U.S. to support the Somoza government in Nicaragua in favor of instead supporting the Marxist Sandinistas who then overthrew the Somoza government.

11/1979 In response to Carter allowing Shah Reza Pahlavi to enter the U.S. for medical treatment, Iranian militants took American diplomats hostage in Tehran. Since Carter had effectively sided with the Islamist revolution in Iran against the Shah, shouldn't he have denied the Shah entrance? At least the Islamists whom he had sided with by his inaction against the revolution would not have been provided motivation for the radical actions that were to follow.

12/1979 Whether it worked out for good or not is debatable, but Carter supported the radical Islamist groups in Afghanistan that ultimately survived the invasion by the U.S.S.R. while not securing any love for the U.S. in the minds of the Islamists. Do I see a pattern here?

01/1980 Arguably achieved some degree of success in agreements between Israel and Egypt with Israel giving up territory and the U.S. paying billions of dollars annually to both Israel and Egypt ever since to guarantee peace.

04/1980 Under Carter's direction, an attempt to rescue the American diplomat hostages held in Iran failed utterly, and Carter could not accomplish anything toward liberating them.

If you are not familiar with the troubled U.S. economy that Carter was no help for, and had no clue for how to deal with, then I could provide you some information about that as well.

Carter was so unpopular even while in office, that he was in a real contest to secure the party nomination to run for president again. It could very well have been Ted Kennedy rather than Jimmy Carter that ran against Ronald Reagan in 1980.

In my estimation Jimmy Carter was the worst president of the last many decades. What successes can you cite to support your argument that Jimmy Carter was better than George W. Bush?
At least Carter was/is a good person, and not consumed by personal interests. Some of those examples were pretty lame, too. And how does that prove that Bush is not an idiot?
      12-27-2007, 08:25 AM   #140
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
At least Carter was/is a good person, and not consumed by personal interests. Some of those examples were pretty lame, too. And how does that prove that Bush is not an idiot?
Good and HONEST! Person.
THis idiot (W) is a bad person, murderer, liar, dishonest (never seen this many cabinet members investigated and this many documents "lost", and he's pretending nothing happened), selfish, failed leader, planner...
      12-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #141
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
I am no expert on political history. This is a list of some of the highlights of Carter's presidency. Many of his highlights were in fact lowlights. What of these points do you think were lame and why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Good and HONEST! Person.
THis idiot (W) is a bad person, murderer, liar, dishonest (never seen this many cabinet members investigated and this many documents "lost", and he's pretending nothing happened), selfish, failed leader, planner...
Your argument is completely vacant.
      12-27-2007, 10:46 AM   #142
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
I am no expert on political history. This is a list of some of the highlights of Carter's presidency. Many of his highlights were in fact lowlights. What of these points do you think were lame and why?

Your argument is completely vacant.
Of course it is because I compare what he did to other dictators...
But, since we're the world power, we're allowed to go to other country and spread democracy and cause many innocent to die -- either from the bad guys or our colleteral damage. Other (insignificent) leaders do that -- we hang them in Hague or other "courts"...

So far I have not seen a single positive thing W did for this country and my children. I am afraid to even think what will happen to them when this madness catches up with their generation...

But then, again, for you (as for every loyal Republican) the only important thing is how to protect your money NOW, and do not care what happens "IF"...
      12-27-2007, 03:11 PM   #143
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
But then, again, for you (as for every loyal Republican) the only important thing is how to protect your money NOW, and do not care what happens "IF"...
That's backwards. Dems are the ones who only care about now and don't look to the future. i.e. Most want to pull out of Iraq before it's stable. Cause that's not going to cause it to become a breeding for terrorists and totally screw over the Iraqi people at all. They want a ton of social programs and think "oh we'll just raise taxes to pay for them from the rich" but you find that economically if the rich have less money EVERYONE loses money because they have less to spend and invest. I could go on but I want to play CoD4 and not bother with this ridiculous thread any longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
      12-27-2007, 03:33 PM   #144
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
That's backwards. Dems are the ones who only care about now and don't look to the future. i.e. Most want to pull out of Iraq before it's stable. Cause that's not going to cause it to become a breeding for terrorists and totally screw over the Iraqi people at all. They want a ton of social programs and think "oh we'll just raise taxes to pay for them from the rich" but you find that economically if the rich have less money EVERYONE loses money because they have less to spend and invest. I could go on but I want to play CoD4 and not bother with this ridiculous thread any longer.
Ah, you must be right that Hilary's main agenda about the FUTURE of our healthcare that would apply to our children is just what you said and the opposition clearly states -- I want to hold on to my money and do whatever I want with it, and who cares what will happen to me/my kids when I get sick (i.e. no Med Insurance...).

Ah, and yes, I would love to see how this massive deficit and waste of money will be paid without people suffering here... Must be some Chaney magic again... Ah, wait a minute, two of them are so quiet nowdays and just counting days before the blame falls on someone else...
      12-29-2007, 08:55 PM   #145
scottwww
Brigadier General

I have put together a spreadsheet that has all the data taken from the website for the Congressional Budget Office. The only parts that I added was a few calculated columns and a little highlighting. The spreadsheet was created in Open Office so hopefully it will retain the formatting when opened in Excel.

With this information you can prove your case that the budget is all out of whack and we're all gonna die because of the the deficit, or you could find something different than you expected. What will it be?

CBO_2006.xls

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
      12-31-2007, 06:18 PM   #146
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

G. Dub

Attached Images

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      12-31-2007, 06:47 PM   #147
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
But they took Carl and Libby and Donald and all that may know the truth away from the public now...
      12-31-2007, 08:14 PM   #148
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
Weapon of Mass Destruction was the funniest thing I heard yesterday while talking about politics...........

I almost shit in my pants. Weapon of Mass Destruction..............Weapon of Mass Destruction.......
NaTureBoy, you must stop posting and go patryyyyyyyyyyyyyy,
just like I'm going to....
who's the chick from your avatar?

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      12-31-2007, 08:18 PM   #149
NaTuReB0Y