BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

PYSPEED

12-25-2007, 10:22 AM   #111
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30

Attached Images

12-25-2007, 12:42 PM   #112
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Some Mazda junk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matt View Post
You know, I don't really care if Bush is an idiot.

He's been butchered by liberal media, so that he will never not look like an idiot, so it's really not important who thinks what, deep inside.

Now keep in mind, I'm not saying he's NOT an idiot.

I don't know about you (dr325i and e90im) but regardless of my opinion of the president or his war, I'm willing to do my part to support the United States in any endeavor we undertake. I think it's my responsibility as a good citizen, reaping the enormous benefits of life in this country.

So I'll see you guys when I get back from where ever Bush or his successor deems it neccessary to send me.
Good luck wherever you end up, however, it is not your responsibility to take that path and that does not make you better citizen or more patriotic at all... Unfortunately, the idea of our Army was to be a DEFENSIVE force (hence Dept of Defence, not Offence), but what is happening lately has nothing to do with the defence but with satisfying ideals of some lunatics and sacrifising your and other soldier's lives. I don't think that was all written in your manual when you joined. And I believe you were sworn to protect and defend our liberties, not create others 10000 miles away or fight for oil or whatever is behind all this...

Again, the answer to the original question in this thread is VERY simple...
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 02:52 PM   #113
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You know, I don't really care if Bush is an idiot.

He's been butchered by liberal media, so that he will never not look like an idiot, so it's really not important who thinks what, deep inside.

Now keep in mind, I'm not saying he's NOT an idiot.

I don't know about you (dr325i and e90im) but regardless of my opinion of the president or his war, I'm willing to do my part to support the United States in any endeavor we undertake. I think it's my responsibility as a good citizen, reaping the enormous benefits of life in this country.

So I'll see you guys when I get back from where ever Bush or his successor deems it neccessary to send me.

///Matt, you define patriotism as obedience to authority. I say, keep government in check, and call when appropriate.

If you want to go, go. But don’t do it based on a false pretense.

Good luck and be safe.
Attached Images

12-25-2007, 02:59 PM   #114
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

12-26-2007, 01:27 PM   #115
///Matt
United States Marine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ///Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
///Matt, you define patriotism as obedience to authority. I say, keep government in check, and call when appropriate.

If you want to go, go. But don’t do it based on a false pretense.

Good luck and be safe.

e90im,

Please highlight the passage where I defined 'patriotism'. I simply stated that I feel responsible to do my part serving my country. If they send me to a foreign country to do so, so be it. If I never get deployed to a foreign war, and spend all my time on a US base somewhere just doing my job, that's just as well. Either way, I'm serving the country that has served me.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 02:23 PM   #116
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

"I apologize for this last entry, I can't find a chimp making a face as dumb as this one"
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #117
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
e90im,

Please highlight the passage where I defined 'patriotism'. I simply stated that I feel responsible to do my part serving my country. If they send me to a foreign country to do so, so be it. If I never get deployed to a foreign war, and spend all my time on a US base somewhere just doing my job, that's just as well. Either way, I'm serving the country that has served me.

You never defined it explicitly. I don't mean to undermine your efforts to serve. I'm just trying to make you think twice, because you are a young kid, just like I was 20 years ago. I wish you well and be safe.

BTW, nice tool box you got. Wish I could justify it.
      12-26-2007, 04:24 PM   #118
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
I am not a big poll watcher, but they can be interesting. This must be salt in the wound of all the haters:
President Bush and Democratic presidential candidate Sen Hillary Rodham Clinton again top Gallup's annual list of "most admired" men and women, the pollsters just announced.

The top five places in each gender:

Women.

• Sen. Clinton, 18%.
• Winfrey, 16%.
• Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, 5%.
• Actress Angelina Jolie and Laura Bush, 3%.
• Former prime ministers Margaret Thatcher (U.K.) and Benazir Bhutto (Pakistan), 2%.

Men.

• President Bush, 10%.
• Former president Clinton, 8%.
• Former vice president Al Gore, 6%.
• Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, 5%.
• Rev. Billy Graham and former South African president Nelson Mandela, 3%.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 04:34 PM   #119
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I am not a big poll watcher, but they can be interesting. This must be salt in the wound of all the haters:
President Bush and Democratic presidential candidate Sen Hillary Rodham Clinton again top Gallup's annual list of "most admired" men and women, the pollsters just announced.

The top five places in each gender:

Women.

• Sen. Clinton, 18%.
• Winfrey, 16%.
• Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, 5%.
• Actress Angelina Jolie and Laura Bush, 3%.
• Former prime ministers Margaret Thatcher (U.K.) and Benazir Bhutto (Pakistan), 2%.

Men.

• President Bush, 10%.
• Former president Clinton, 8%.
• Former vice president Al Gore, 6%.
• Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, 5%.
• Rev. Billy Graham and former South African president Nelson Mandela, 3%.
Do you admire G. Dub?
      12-26-2007, 04:43 PM   #120
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do you admire G. Dub?
When he was competing for the nomination for Republican candidate, I supported Alan Keyes based on the issues (not his personality). Once George W. Bush clinched the Republican nomination, I reluctantly supported him. Al Gore could not be allowed to win the presidency just because some of us would defect to a third party or to sit out the election.

Since he was elected, he has proven to be a much better president than I expected. Of the presidents that I remember personally, he is better than Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, George H.W. Bush, and Bill Clinton. If that counts as admire, then call it that.

I certainly admired Ronald Reagan.

Who do you admire?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #121
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When he was competing for the nomination for Republican candidate, I supported Alan Keyes based on the issues (not his personality). Once George W. Bush clinched the Republican nomination, I reluctantly supported him. Al Gore could not be allowed to win the presidency just because some of us would defect to a third party or to sit out the election.

Since he was elected, he has proven to be a much better president than I expected. Of the presidents that I remember personally, he is better than Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, George H.W. Bush, and Bill Clinton. If that counts as admire, then call it that.

I certainly admired Ronald Reagan.

Who do you admire?
I can’t use word "admire" and any political figure in the same sentence.
Oops, I just did.

Your admiration for GWB is incredible. What does one have to do to loose your admiration? I mean, scandal after scandal, enormous deficit, US dollar worth less then Canadian, gas is over $3, lies about WMD, Osama a distant memory,
mess in Iraq, not being able to complete a sentence!

This is who leads us?: "We looked and looked and this is the best and the brightest we found. He is our leader"*, is how the rest of the world sees us.

*But he got saved by JC, so it'll all work out because he works in mysterious ways.

P.S. Ronald Reagan had consulted an astrologist on a weekly basis on how to make decision and lead the country. That was very admirable indeed.

I AM NOT A DEMOCRAT. I DO NOT SUPPORT HILLARY. I WILL VOTE FOR WHOEVER HAS LESS CHANCE TO FURHTER RUIN THIS COUNTRY.
      12-26-2007, 05:37 PM   #122
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I AM NOT A DEMOCRAT. I DO NOT SUPPORT HILLARY. I WILL VOTE FOR WHOEVER HAS LESS CHANCE TO FURHTER RUIN THIS COUNTRY.
At this time in the lead up to the conventions, what one candidate appeals to you the most?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 06:35 PM   #123
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

WRITE-IN!!!! Not sure who yet, but WRITE-IN!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 07:29 PM   #124
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

yup

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 07:29 PM   #125
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
hahaha wow

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #126
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

With so many of you guys making claims of the president being an idiot, you might think there would be an intelligent exchange of ideas showing that you are more intelligent than the one you criticize. As it is, many of you have proven the opposite. All you are able to do is to sling mud.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 08:27 PM   #127
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
At this time in the lead up to the conventions, what one candidate appeals to you the most?
I am looking at it in a different way. I wait until there's 2 left, which is all our great political system is able to offer. (We have over 100 different types of ice cream, but only 2 major parties).

Then I look at their track record and where they “stand” on the issues.

Then I tell myself: YOU DON’T HAVE TO LIKE THE PERSON, YOU WILL NOT HAVE A BEER WITH HIM/HER AT THE BAR. WHO IS LESS LIKELY TO ATTACK IRAN, GET US ANOTHER TRILLION IN DEBT, WHO KNOWS HOW TO PLAY BOTH SIDES, WHO IS LESS OWNED BY RELIGIOUS GROOPS AND CORPORATE AMERICA?

Then I drink a 12 pack, pass out and forget to vote. Just kidding…(not about the 12 pack).
      12-26-2007, 08:49 PM   #128
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

e90im: Do you believe that Jimmy Carter was a better president that George W. Bush?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 10:20 PM   #129
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
e90im: Do you believe that Jimmy Carter was a better president that George W. Bush?
I was a kid when Jimmy was in charge, but from what I read, he (even though deeply religious) was very open minded. He was for separation of church and state, just like 1st amendment states. He was for advancement of science. He even had solar panels put on the White House roof. Reagan took them off during his 1st week of presidency.

Again, it's NOT about Reps/Dems. They are the same more or less. It's about free-thinking and going back to the basics. This country used to be light years ahead, and now it's regressing badly. I'm just sad about it. That's all.

G. Dub is a spoiled, mediocre, outclassed brat that had everything served to him on a silver platter. Then he fucks it all up, and someone else cleans the mess.

I think G. Dub is one of the worst presidents. That puts Jimmy on top.
      12-26-2007, 10:30 PM   #130
mgasaad
Rep
Drives: M3 E46

I don't mind him at all

I don't think he is stupid at all. I truely think that his intentions are good for the country but he comes across as a stubborn man. The only thing that indirectly bothers me about him is that crazy religious fanatics seem to like him and I hate to see this kind of people in influential positions because they will destroy this country with their bias, intolerance and disbelief in the separation of state amd church. But overall I am happy with him.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 10:44 PM   #131
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was a kid when Jimmy was in charge, but from what I read, he (even though deeply religious) was very open minded. He was for separation of church and state, just like 1st amendment states. He was for advancement of science. He even had solar panels put on the White House roof. Reagan took them off during his 1st week of presidency.
What was Jimmy Carter open minded about?
What science was Jimmy Carter advancing?
That is the first I had heard about solar panels on the White House. What good was that?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 10:58 PM   #132
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What was Jimmy Carter open minded about?
What science was Jimmy Carter advancing?
That is the first I had heard about solar panels on the White House. What good was that?
I got to get up early tomorrow. To be continued....