BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

10-06-2007, 02:09 PM   #23
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!

Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_! View Post
Hi,

> Microsoft has yet to go out of business like Apple once did.

Microsoft stock has flatlined since Balmer took over. There is very little difference between going out of business and stagnant share price.
All of their new ventures have bombed.

Apple never went out of business, and it's stock is skyrocketing ever since Steve took over. Nearly all of their new ventures have been successful.

Clearly Steve is a better CEO than Balmer is.

> we are not on the road of global integration.

No: your government is doing a piss-poor job at global assimilation.

> Also we are still a huge super power country.

The US can't even subdue a puny little uprising of a handful of uneducated tribesmen in a tiny little desert nation.
You may talk the talk but you certainly don't walk the walk: Super power country my ass.

Yeah, hard to be effective when all your supposed allies prove to be little more than cowards and opportunists...

And a singular Superpower... Not by Chance, though not really by choice, and it has more to do with military operations. Then again, being in a quaint little country you may not be able to understand that.

'13 TiAg over Coral, 335is | DCT | Prem | L7 | Nav/Idrive | CA | 19" "-------"

A BMW is Just a Car, it doesn't make you smart, handsome, cool, or wealthy. Get over it.
Revlis is offline   United_States
      10-06-2007, 02:11 PM   #24
!Xoible
Banned

Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
please make this a poll... pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase
!Xoible is offline   United_States
      10-06-2007, 02:15 PM   #25
DasBlitz
Major

Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to DasBlitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_! View Post
Hi,

> Microsoft has yet to go out of business like Apple once did.

Microsoft stock has flatlined since Balmer took over. There is very little difference between going out of business and stagnant share price.
All of their new ventures have bombed.

Apple never went out of business, and it's stock is skyrocketing ever since Steve took over. Nearly all of their new ventures have been successful.

Clearly Steve is a better CEO than Balmer is.

> we are not on the road of global integration.

No: your government is doing a piss-poor job at global assimilation.

> Also we are still a huge super power country.

The US can't even subdue a puny little uprising of a handful of uneducated tribesmen in a tiny little desert nation.
You may talk the talk but you certainly don't walk the walk: Super power country my ass.
First, having a stock that is just staying the same or going down some is the same as going out of business? haha no. What kind of economics is that?

Secondly, it took Steve Jobs his second time around to bring Apple up. I do recall the first time he allowed Apple to nose dive.

Third, Vietnam proved that you can have the greatest military in the world. Which we do. But the will and power of people can overcome that. Also the terrain is horrible.

I am in no way defending this war. I despise it. But if you actually think your country could do better and if you think it is just some guys in the desert. Then wow. Wake up.
      10-06-2007, 02:20 PM   #26
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant

Drives: E90x4 (M3, 335xi, 325xi,320i)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcMilan714 View Post
LOL Fuck being president, if this guy became a comedian next fall i would pay top dollar to see his show....
lol. i would pay $5000 to see him in a 30 minute stand up.
      10-06-2007, 02:56 PM   #27
SoYank
Major General

Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Send a message via Yahoo to SoYank Send a message via Skype™ to SoYank
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
oh, and i couldn't stop laughing during those youtube videos.
bush isn't dumb, he's just illiterit
R-i-g-h-t!
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
SoYank is offline   United_States
      10-06-2007, 05:37 PM   #28
Bennu
Colonel

Drives: BMW Coupe

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Geez I thought we could have an intelligent conversation or debate. But I guess I was wrong.

If you are going to make allegations, you think you can show some proof to back it up? Saying that because the President is rich, that's what got him into Yale or Harvard means nothing to me without proof. To have a sensible discussion, you will have to put aside your hatred for the president. I don't believe in urban myths, so if its a conspiracy without facts, don't even bother. And by the way, maybe some of you don't remember but they said that President Regan was an idiot as well. Until he defeated Communism in the former Soviet Union.
And as for the anti-American remarks by a european on this forum. With all due respect, just remember if it wasn't for the USA, you would be speaking German right about now.

Finally...I just cant accept the notion that being inarticulate makes you an idiot. Makes you very funny, yes, but stupid? Come on!

Now can we have an intelligent discussion or will this just be a another Bush bashing thread?

Bennu is offline   United_States
      10-06-2007, 05:57 PM   #29
Major

Drives: E90 325i; F10 528i; 2002tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3N R3D View Post
Geez I thought we could have an intelligent conversation or debate. But I guess I was wrong.

If you are going to make allegations, you think you can show some proof to back it up? Saying that because the President is rich, that's what got him into Yale or Harvard means nothing to me without proof. To have a sensible discussion, you will have to put aside your hatred for the president. I don't believe in urban myths, so if its a conspiracy without facts, don't even bother. And by the way, maybe some of you don't remember but they said that President Regan was an idiot as well. Until he defeated Communism in the former Soviet Union.
And as for the anti-American remarks by a european on this forum. With all due respect, just remember if it wasn't for the USA, you would be speaking German right about now.

Finally...I just cant accept the notion that being inarticulate makes you an idiot. Makes you very funny, yes, but stupid? Come on!

Now can we have an intelligent discussion or will this just be a another Bush bashing thread?
\

Here is some proof. SAT scores of 566 verbal and 640 math. A tad weak for an application to Yale, to put it mildly.

As I said earlier, if he had been born to a middle class family....
      10-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #30
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!

Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by 742 View Post
\

Here is some proof. SAT scores of 566 verbal and 640 math. A tad weak for an application to Yale, to put it mildly.

As I said earlier, if he had been born to a middle class family....
Very True... Community College at best, struggling his way to middle management.

Though Really, Bashing Bush is like making fun of a Retarded kid... Just not right.

Now what's funny is that even as useless as Bush is, the Democrats are so completely fucking out of touch that they couldn't defeat him then, and it's unlikely they'll be able to muster up much support this time with their shallow ideas and big government plans.

Looking at this next batch of idiots running for the office it seems unlikely to get any better. We've got to choose between a bunch of Republican douche bags or a Megalomaniac woman??? Seems that Obama might be the best choice but I find I unlikely he'll make it into office.

Pretty much anyone running for this office is such a twisted bastard that it makes my skin crawl. Liars, Scumbags, all of them... It's frightening.

I think we're screwed until we can get rid of the two party system and the presidency for sale bullshit.

'13 TiAg over Coral, 335is | DCT | Prem | L7 | Nav/Idrive | CA | 19" "-------"

A BMW is Just a Car, it doesn't make you smart, handsome, cool, or wealthy. Get over it.
Revlis is offline   United_States
      10-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #31
Bennu
Colonel

Drives: BMW Coupe

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Links of reputable sources please.

Bennu is offline   United_States
      10-07-2007, 01:33 AM   #32
Neurorad
Major

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP

Quote:
Links of reputable sources please.
http://www.iuptown.com/YaleProtest/b...transcript.htm

http://2004.georgewbush.org/bios/yale-transcript.asp (funny site, too).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...7397-2000Mar18
      10-07-2007, 07:27 AM   #33
Max_!
First Lieutenant

Drives: E91

> hard to be effective when all your supposed allies prove to be little more than cowards and opportunists...

You can't blame your friends for not joining you when you jump in front of a fast approaching train after they all told you it was a bad idea.

Doesn't mean they are no longer your friends, just that you made your choice and must now take your responsibility for the consequences.

Cowardliness would be blaming your friends for getting hit by the train.

> And a singular Superpower...

Things going like they are, in a few months a loaf of bread will cost you 2 million dollars.

> First, having a stock that is just staying the same or going down some is the same as going out of business? haha no. What kind of economics is that?

Business school 101. Why else, do you think, are CEO's replaced when the stock stagnates? Business - especially in the US - is about increasing shareholder value. If shareholder value does not increase, there is no point to the business.

> Secondly, it took Steve Jobs his second time around to bring Apple up. I do recall the first time he allowed Apple to nose dive.

Yes, Steve learned the hard way. But he did learn. He did not do the same thing over and over expecting different results like business school graduates.

> Third, Vietnam proved that you can have the greatest military in the world. Which we do. But the will and power of people can overcome that. Also the terrain is horrible.

The greatest military power is worthless if you can't conquer people. All great empires in history knew this, but Bush apparently thinks it won't apply to him.

To be honest, I think Bush set the Iraq war in motion for personal motives rather than oil or freedom.

> But if you actually think your country could do better and if you think it is just some guys in the desert.

Duh - Better to avoid it altogether instead of trying to do better.

If your government had spent the money on making a real difference instead of landscaping-by-ordnance, everyone would have been better off.

With the money your government has spent in the Iraq war so far, you could give every man, woman and child in Iraq $16,653. My guess is the average Iraqi would be more inclined to accept foreign rule if you gave them $16K each instead of murder their relatives

> If you are going to make allegations, you think you can show some proof to back it up?

Bush scored 1206 on his SATs, that makes his IQ around 125.
This is significantly above the average. He is most certainly not dumb.

For reference, I tested 141, Al Gore tested 134 and Clinton 149.
      10-07-2007, 11:46 AM   #34
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi

If anyone thinks Bush is an idiot then they are a fool. He knows exactly what and why he's doing what he's doing, he just isn't the world's best speaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
      10-07-2007, 12:38 PM   #35
Mike UK
Private First Class

Drives: Le mans Blau e92

This question is nearly 8years too late.
      10-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #36
fotios335i
Major General

Drives: 12 BSM F30 sport/msport 335i

yes very dumb, so much so it makes him funny.

2012 335i sport to full Msport, M adaptive and vss, sport 8 AT, fully loaded, Black saphire, black dakota leather, mperformance carbon interior with shifter, M performance grills, rear spoiler, front splitter, side sill extensions, MPPK, MPE exhaust, morr alloys vs8.2's with michelin pss, p3 gauge, msport wheel, etc, etc
fotios335i is offline   United_States
      10-07-2007, 03:37 PM   #37
Max_!
First Lieutenant

> He knows exactly what and why he's doing what he's doing

Yes, I'm sure he already has everything he wanted from his terms in office.
      10-07-2007, 07:42 PM   #38
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
If anyone thinks Bush is an idiot then they are a fool. He knows exactly what and why he's doing what he's doing, he just isn't the world's best speaker.
Ha, what hmmm???
He has no idea what he's doing. 5 years ago he could not even point on the map where Iraq was, but they coached him. They tried to coach him other things, but no success. Then, they started writing 3rd grade level speaches for him -- he's still an embarassement for this country.

Yes, I do believe some of the things that happened in our politics have been decided by him (in last 6 years) -- and the reason for that is that NOTHING (absolutely nothing) positive happened to this country since he took over -- we're either where we were 6 years ago or in much worse shape.

The bottom line is -- there is no positive thing to say about that CEO in 6 years. If that were to happen in any company, the CEO would have been gone long time ago, and the stock would probably suffer if things did not change. In our case only the second thing is happening -- unfortunately, all citizens of this country are heavily invested into that stock...

Ah, and yes, as dumb and incometent he is -- Gore and Kerry are worse for loosing to him. If I were one of them I would have never appeared on TV again...
      10-08-2007, 12:46 AM   #39
Max_!
First Lieutenant

US elections are like a miss cave troll pageant where the only contestants are twins.

One might have a zit and the other a bit of cellulite, but they're identical in every other way.

The US was warring plenty under Clinton, he just sought a little more consensus.

Clinton probably got laid more aswell.
      10-08-2007, 01:15 AM   #40
jakillo
Private

Drives: 2007 E92 335i

the bottom line is that the federal reserve runs our country, as well as high ranking advisors and heads of American business and whether or not bush is really an idiot doesn't matter, because in the United States the president doesn't run shit.
      10-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #41
bartman32
Colonel

Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
Is this a trick question. Of course he's an idiot!

BTW: He didn't win the election twice, he won it once! He stole the first election!

RE-ELECT AL GORE!!!!!
      10-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #42
octaveshift
Checkraising with air....

Drives: '07 335xi

Quote:
Seriously though, apart from 888, do you all think he is an idiot? I mean really?
Well, "idiot" has a very specific definition.

I think he's myopic. I think he's misguided. I think he's a poor speaker. I think he spends money faster than a drunk Democrat. I think he's a terrible conservative. And most of all, I think he's a dangerous liability.
octaveshift is offline   United_States
      10-12-2007, 05:26 PM   #43
ATG
Major

Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post

If you make president in a country of 300 million you can’t be that stupid???
good question
ATG is offline   Cuba
      10-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #44
ATG
Major

Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
OT: now I think that Max ! and ganeil are one and the same person
ATG is offline   Cuba