BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

03-24-2008, 05:02 PM   #265
schneid4323
Banned

Drives: 335i, M6

Send a message via AIM to schneid4323
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
The tax cuts were across the board... anyone who paid federal income taxes got a tax cut.

No idea. I do know that he is not running thousands of terrorists through training camps in Afghanistan under the protection of that government.

The ACLU is now the arbiter of quality in supreme court justices? Which of Justice Alito's rulings, as either a Supreme Court Justice or Appellate judge show his support for "government actions that cut short individual freedoms?"

You really would benefit from letting go of your hatred of the President. He is leaving office in less than a year. History will judge his presidency in time. Look to the future, not the past.
id really like you to read my first post on page 12 if you could do me the honor.

Also First, about regulating the sub prime, a better way to ensure the free market is to make regulations based on the way loans are handed out since the banking system is federally regulated, rather then how the companies are selling them to china.
schneid4323 is offline   United_States
      03-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #266
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid4323 View Post
id really like you to read my first post on page 12 if you could do me the honor.
I did. I'm afraid I am not big on conspiracy theories or doomsday predictions.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      03-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #267
BK
Smiling politely

Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.50]
Wow, this is an old thread. My opinion -- clearly not "dumb," but a little awkward and a terrible orator. Every president gets beat up during the last year of an 8-year stay in office. We need more distance to judge where this president fits on the historical spectrum.

Where I live, passions run exceptionally high on both sides of the fence. One thing I've noticed is that views absolutely get twisted and more rabid among those who hang out solely with others who think as they do. This is not a good thing.

If you think the President is "an idiot," or that Hillary is "a bitch" or that Obama is, well, whatever rabid partisans are calling him, then IMO you're taking it all too personally and emotionally and you need to step back and have some perspective.

330i | Black Sapphire | Beige + Burl | Sport | Premium | Cold | Nav | CA | Sat prep
BK is offline   United_States
      03-24-2008, 05:18 PM   #268
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

Quote:
The tax cuts were across the board... anyone who paid federal income taxes got a tax cut.
"A new study released today by Citizens for Tax Justice and the Children’s Defense Fund reveals for the first time who stands to benefit from the 2001-enacted Bush tax cuts in each year from 2001 through 2010. Among the key findings:

Over the ten-year period, the richest Americans—the best-off one percent—are slated to receive tax cuts totaling almost half a trillion dollars. The $477 billion in tax breaks the Bush administration has targeted to this elite group will average $342,000 each over the decade.

By 2010, when (and if) the Bush tax reductions are fully in place, an astonishing 52 percent of the total tax cuts will go to the richest one percent—whose average 2010 income will be $1.5 million. Their tax-cut windfall in that year alone will average $85,000 each. Put another way, of the estimated $234 billion in tax cuts scheduled for the year 2010, $121 billion will go just 1.4 million taxpayers.

Although the rich have already received a hefty down payment on their Bush tax cuts—averaging just under $12,000 each this year—80 percent of their windfall is scheduled to come from tax changes that won’t take effect until after this year, mostly from items that phase in after 2005.

In contrast, the vast majority of taxpayers have already received most of their tax cuts from the 2001 legislation.

For the four out of five families and individuals making less than $73,000 this year, three-quarters of the tax cuts—averaging about $350 this year—are already in place.
Tax cuts for the 19 percent of taxpayers making between $73,000 and $356,000 this year will grow a little over the next four years as the cuts in the upper tax rates continue to kick in, but then will dwindle thereafter. By 2010, the tax cuts for this group will be no bigger as a share of income than they are now.
As a result, freezing the Bush tax cuts at their 2002 levels would have little or no effect on 99 percent of the taxpayers, whose tax cuts are already mostly or completely “frozen.” Only the best-off one percent of the taxpayers will receive significant additional tax cuts if the rest of the Bush tax program continues to be implemented."

Quote:
No idea. I do know that he is not running thousands of terrorists through training camps in Afghanistan under the protection of that government.
No idea? A caveman organizes murder of 3k Americans, and your response is "no idea"? Are you giving up? Surrendering to Bin Ladin?

Quote:
The ACLU is now the arbiter of quality in supreme court justices? Which of Justice Alito's rulings, as either a Supreme Court Justice or Appellate judge show his support for "government actions that cut short individual freedoms?" .
No it isn't. The POTUS is an arbiter and decision maker, and Bush appoints only right wing conservatives.

Quote:
You really would benefit from letting go of your hatred of the President. He is leaving office in less than a year. History will judge his presidency in time. Look to the future, not the past.
No, I think I'll judge him NOW. He is at the helm, so he is responsible.
He proved to be outplayed, outclassed, stubborn and obtuse.

His endless blunders speak for themselves.

He read “My pet goat” for 7 minutes after being informed that US is under attack!!!

He decided to discard "Bin Laden to attack America" memo on August 6 2001!!!

Talk about inability to be commander in chief!

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      03-24-2008, 05:19 PM   #269
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Wrong, as usual.

Sorry but last I checked Bin Laden wasn't part of the Taliban.

The ACLU is, well I don't want to get into it atm. You should find an actual reason to disagree with him, not listen to the morons at the ACLU.
Ah, yes, we forgot, we DID NOT go to Afghanistan to hunt Al Qaeda and OBL, but to establish a new Government there...
You make me laugh over, and over...

As for the middle class -- the US middle class was NEVER smaller and in a worse case. Please explain to me how can the family anywhere int he US live comfortably (or almost even survive) with less than $97k...

10 years ago I lived OK on $22k...
      03-24-2008, 05:22 PM   #270
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
"

He read “My pet goat” for 7 minutes after being informed that US is under attack!!!

Next response will be if you don't like it, move to Canada...
THat is where it usually ends when cornered...
      03-24-2008, 05:30 PM   #271
e90im
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Next response will be if you don't like it, move to Canada...
THat is where it usually ends when cornered...
I think HE should move to Fallujah because it's so great there. He roamed the streets freely.

03-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #272
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
"A new study released today by Citizens for Tax Justice and the Children’s Defense Fund reveals for the first time who stands to benefit from the 2001-enacted Bush tax cuts in each year from 2001 through 2010. Among the key findings:

Over the ten-year period, the richest Americans—the best-off one percent—are slated to receive tax cuts totaling almost half a trillion dollars. The $477 billion in tax breaks the Bush administration has targeted to this elite group will average $342,000 each over the decade.

By 2010, when (and if) the Bush tax reductions are fully in place, an astonishing 52 percent of the total tax cuts will go to the richest one percent—whose average 2010 income will be $1.5 million. Their tax-cut windfall in that year alone will average $85,000 each. Put another way, of the estimated $234 billion in tax cuts scheduled for the year 2010, $121 billion will go just 1.4 million taxpayers.

Although the rich have already received a hefty down payment on their Bush tax cuts—averaging just under $12,000 each this year—80 percent of their windfall is scheduled to come from tax changes that won’t take effect until after this year, mostly from items that phase in after 2005.

In contrast, the vast majority of taxpayers have already received most of their tax cuts from the 2001 legislation.

For the four out of five families and individuals making less than $73,000 this year, three-quarters of the tax cuts—averaging about $350 this year—are already in place.
Tax cuts for the 19 percent of taxpayers making between $73,000 and $356,000 this year will grow a little over the next four years as the cuts in the upper tax rates continue to kick in, but then will dwindle thereafter. By 2010, the tax cuts for this group will be no bigger as a share of income than they are now.
As a result, freezing the Bush tax cuts at their 2002 levels would have little or no effect on 99 percent of the taxpayers, whose tax cuts are already mostly or completely “frozen.” Only the best-off one percent of the taxpayers will receive significant additional tax cuts if the rest of the Bush tax program continues to be implemented."
This is a ridiculous article, in addition to being the first result on Google. Good job. If you look at things percentage wise, the rich are paying a larger share now than before Bush's tax cuts. Additionally the rich received less of a tax cut % wise. Argument failure in 3....2...1..fail.
Quote:
No it isn't. The POTUS is an arbiter and decision maker, and Bush appoints only right wing conservatives.
Because Clinton nominated so many non-liberal justices.
Quote:
You mean after being told about the first or second plane? First could easily have been an accident as had happened before and since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
      03-24-2008, 05:52 PM   #273
e90im
Brigadier General

Quote:
This is a ridiculous article, in addition to being the first result on Google. Good job. If you look at things percentage wise, the rich are paying a larger share now than before Bush's tax cuts. Additionally the rich received less of a tax cut % wise. Argument failure in 3....2...1..fail..
One doesn't to search far to find what tax cut is all about.

From 2001 through 2005, the best-off one percent will receive “only” 19.8 percent of the Bush tax cuts.
From 2006 through 2009, the share of the tax cuts going to the very rich jumps to 41 percent of the total.
By 2010, when all of the provisions of the bill—including complete repeal of the estate tax on extremely large estates—are scheduled to be fully in place, 51.8 percent of the tax cuts are targeted to the top one percent.

Quote:
Because Clinton nominated so many non-liberal justices. .
This is not about Clinton, but Bush. And BTW, Clinton was/is many things, but he is not an idiot. Screw him too.

Quote:
You mean after being told about the first or second plane? First could easily have been an accident as had happened before and since.
He was told that: America is under attack!! What part of that couldn't he comprehand?

03-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #274
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
One doesn't to search far to find what tax cut is all about.

From 2001 through 2005, the best-off one percent will receive “only” 19.8 percent of the Bush tax cuts.
From 2006 through 2009, the share of the tax cuts going to the very rich jumps to 41 percent of the total.
By 2010, when all of the provisions of the bill—including complete repeal of the estate tax on extremely large estates—are scheduled to be fully in place, 51.8 percent of the tax cuts are targeted to the top one percent.
And every single year the top 1% pay about 40% of the nation's total taxes. They do this while making about 20% of the nation's income. You lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
      03-24-2008, 06:21 PM   #275
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
"A new study released today by Citizens for Tax Justice and the Children’s Defense Fund reveals for the first time who stands to benefit from the 2001-enacted Bush tax cuts in each year from 2001 through 2010. Among the key findings:...
Do you find it somehow surprising that the people who pay more in federal income taxes also get more of the benefit of a tax cut?

If a man pays $100,000 in federal income taxes and receives a 1% tax cut he will be allowed to keep more dollars in his pocket than a man who pays $50,000 and receives the same 1% reduction.

Are you aware that after the tax cuts the bottom 40% of tax filers saw their share of the federal income tax burden decline from 0% to -4%. Yes that means they GOT money from the government.

The rich benefit most from tax cuts because they are the people who pay income taxes.

Quote:
No idea? A caveman organizes murder of 3k Americans, and your response is "no idea"? Are you giving up? Surrendering to Bin Ladin?
In what way does the fact that I, someone not in a position to have information on the matter, have no idea where Usama bin Laden is imply that we as a nation have given up looking for him or are surrendering to him?

Quote:
One of the powers of the presidency is that you get to appoint people to the federal judiciary who share your judicial philosophy.

Quote:

I am sure he stays up at night worried that a guy on the web who regurgitates what he hears on left wing websites and shows little to no analytic ability is judging him.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      03-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #276
e90im
Brigadier General

Quote:
In what way does the fact that I, someone not in a position to have information on the matter, have no idea where Usama bin Laden is imply that we as a nation have given up looking for him or are surrendering to him? .
You seem to know all things military and political, so I thought you might know this as well...Doesn't it bother you at least a bit that he plotted murder of 3k Americans, and he still laughs in the face of the "greatest military in the world"? It's got to sting a bit, a soldier man?

It pisses me of, big time.

G. Dub, said couple of years ago that he doesn't think or care about Bin Laden...yet he finds time to hold Saudi hand. Weren't 15 out of 19 9-11 murderers from SA?

Quote:
I am sure he stays up at night worried that a guy on the web who regurgitates what he hears on left wing websites and shows little to no analytic ability is judging him.
He doesnt? Shit, I'm depressed now.

Bush is an incompetent idiot. People who still support him, well figure it out...

The biggest difference between us is that I have been, and will continue to critique any POTUS, left or right.

You have your herd and defend it no matter what. And that is scary.

Are there any issues that you strongly disagree with Bush?
Attached Images

03-24-2008, 08:20 PM   #277
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
You seem to know all things military and political, so I thought you might know this as well...Doesn't it bother you at least a bit that he plotted murder of 3k Americans, and he still laughs in the face of the "greatest military in the world"? It's got to sting a bit, a soldier man?

It pisses me of, big time.

G. Dub, said couple of years ago that he doesn't think or care about Bin Laden...yet he finds time to hold Saudi hand. Weren't 15 out of 19 9-11 murderers from SA?
I would be very happy if UBL was obliterated by a Hellfire missile but I appreciate the difficulty of locating any single individual who does not want to be found.

Finding bin Laden will not come about by lining soldiers up in a line and conducting a police call across the Afghan-Pakistan border area. It will take hard word by good analysis and good information to analyze.

It took 5-6 years to find Eric Rudolph and he was in the mountains of North Carolina not Pakistan.

Are you now advocating an invasion of Saudi Arabia? Whose government deplored the attacks of 9-11 and is the target of al Qaeda to the same degree we are? Are there major problems with the Saudi regime? You bet. They fund most, if not all, of the radical Islamic studies around the world. A sizable portion of their population (and their royal family) supports al Qaeda. Is there a simple answer to this problem? Sadly, no. A moderate, representative government next door might help though.

Quote:
The biggest difference between us is that I have been, and will continue to critique any POTUS, left or right.

You have your herd and defend it no matter what. And that is scary.

Are there any issues that you strongly disagree with Bush?
The biggest difference between us is I base my praise and criticism on an analysis of the available information rather than base emotion.

Bush was not my choice in 2000.

My disagreements with the President are many:

I object strongly to his domestic spending increases.
I opposed and still oppose the No Child Left Behind Act as a massive intrusion of the federal government into what should be a local matter.
I disagree with the entire "compassionate" conservative agenda, to include the faith-based initiative.
I disagree with our current attempts to prop up Abbas and Fatah in the West Bank and maintaining the charade that they desire peace.

Another difference between us is I do not question the motives of those I disagree with or believe they act for nefarious reasons.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      03-24-2008, 08:23 PM   #278
AndrewAZ
Major

Drives: 335i

Seems like one big copy and paste war going on here... Way to go internet warriors.

Now back to the regularly scheduled carenage.
      03-24-2008, 08:28 PM   #279
ianbiz
4th E90

Drives: German

Send a message via AIM to ianbiz
Simple and truthful answer, Yes.
      03-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #280
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
Simple and truthful answer, Yes.
At least it is simple.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      03-24-2008, 09:26 PM   #281
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
At least it is simple.
and true according to 96% of world's population...
Maybe the remaining 4% know something the rest don't?
      03-25-2008, 01:42 AM   #282
schneid4323
Banned

Drives: 335i, M6

Send a message via AIM to schneid4323
Quote:
I did. I'm afraid I am not big on conspiracy theories or doomsday predictions.
One thing was somewhat of a conspiracy to show truly how much authority the bush family has, and it blatantly exists and has been proven to have said powers. If you are going to disregard everything I have to say because you cant watch the videos read documents. Everything I stated is factual.
schneid4323 is offline   United_States
      03-25-2008, 08:16 AM   #283
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid4323 View Post
One thing was somewhat of a conspiracy to show truly how much authority the bush family has, and it blatantly exists and has been proven to have said powers. If you are going to disregard everything I have to say because you cant watch the videos read documents. Everything I stated is factual.
I hate to burst your bubble but none of what you said is factual nor does it have but the most tenuous connection to reality. If there is one thing my years of service in the government has proven to me it is this...

We cannot keep a secret!

If you want to believe that dark and sinister forces are manipulating your life and the world around you, there is nothing I can say or do to convince you otherwise.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      03-25-2008, 11:49 AM   #284
ATG
Major

Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
Quote:
If you want to believe that dark and sinister forces are manipulating your life and the world around you, there is nothing I can say or do to convince you otherwise.
Definitely OT, but so many people in this country believe that white and divine forces "are manipulating their life and the world around them," and there is a bunch of professional (and tax-exempt) bullshitters whose job is to make sure that such beliefs are not abandoned.
ATG is offline   Cuba
      03-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #285
e90im
Brigadier General

Quote:
Finding bin Laden will not come about by lining soldiers up in a line and conducting a police call across the Afghan-Pakistan border area. It will take hard word by good analysis and good information to analyze.

It’s been 6.5 years since 9-11 and Bush hasn’t mentioned Bin Laden in years. It certainly is very difficult to get him if we spend $12b/month in Iraq. Hard work? So a caveman can kill 3k Americans, laugh in our face and all you say is: Well it’s hard work! It takes time…How much time? Decades? There is obviously no determination on the part of administration to make it first priority. Meanwhile we are on a wild goose chase in Iraq.

Quote:
Are you now advocating an invasion of Saudi Arabia? Whose government deplored the attacks of 9-11 and is the target of al Qaeda to the same degree we are? Are there major problems with the Saudi regime? You bet. They fund most, if not all, of the radical Islamic studies around the world. A sizable portion of their population (and their royal family) supports al Qaeda. Is there a simple answer to this problem? Sadly, no. A moderate, representative government next door might help though.
I never said anything about invading SA. I just pointed out that while they are obviously sponsoring terrorism, you boy G.Dub holds hands with them.

Quote:
The biggest difference between us is I base my praise and criticism on an analysis of the available information rather than base emotion.
Our analysis and information are very different. While you see prosperity and bright future in Iraq, I see chaos. Your stubbornness, unwillingness to accept and learn from mistakes, loyalty and obedience to authority are borderline religious.

Quote:
Bush was not my choice in 2000.
Al Gore?

Why NOT criticize him then? Why defending a failed policy and incompetent draft dodger?

03-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #286
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Al Gore?

Why NOT criticize him then? Why defending a failed policy and incompetent draft dodger?
Must be because of all great things Bush has done since 2000