BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

INDustry distribution

03-20-2008, 04:10 PM   #243
!Xoible
Banned
United_States

Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Who is making that prediction? What is their track record in making such predictions?

What exactly were we #1 in then that we are not now?
im not sure if ur just trying to argue or what, none of what i said is a secret or debatable! the US was the one single pole in this entire world, we let china, russian and EU slip.

look at the dollar value man! i dont know what you're trying to say. are you saying we have the same strong economy Bush inherited from Clinton? or are you trying we have the same political position in the international community and the credibility we had before Bush took over?

look bro, im a software developer, i dont know what economists define as recession. but as far as im concerned the US pre-bush was much nicer place than today
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 04:33 PM   #244
ganeil
Colonel
United_States

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
im not sure if ur just trying to argue or what, none of what i said is a secret or debatable! the US was the one single pole in this entire world, we let china, russian and EU slip.

look at the dollar value man! i dont know what you're trying to say. are you saying we have the same strong economy Bush inherited from Clinton? or are you trying we have the same political position in the international community and the credibility we had before Bush took over?

look bro, im a software developer, i dont know what economists define as recession. but as far as im concerned the US pre-bush was much nicer place than today
The economy was contracting as Clinton left office. W basically inherited the mild recession that began 2 months after he took office.

The dollar is definitely weaker and I would like to see the Fed take steps to strengthen it but they are in a difficult position given the credit problems we are currently experiencing.

As for our political position, when W took office there were regimes in Iraq and Afghanistan that were overtly hostile to the US and her interests. Those regimes have been removed and replaced by governments friendly to the US.

In Europe, the governments in France, Poland and Germany are arguably more friendly to the US now than in 2001. The opposite is true in Spain and Italy (and possibly UK).

If your argument is that we are no longer #1 in "niceness," I won't argue with you.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #245
!Xoible
Banned
United_States

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
there are no grounds to saying there were regimes anywhere in the world that were hostile to the US.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #246
ganeil
Colonel
United_States

Quote:
there are no grounds to saying there were regimes anywhere in the world that were hostile to the US.
huh?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:39 PM   #247
!Xoible
Banned
United_States

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
Quote:
huh?
that was english. there was no proof Iraqi regime was any danger to the US. those "proofs" were forged by this administration
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 08:39 PM   #248
ganeil
Colonel
United_States

Quote:
Quote:
that was english. there was no proof Iraqi regime was any danger to the US. those "proofs" were forged by this administration
So the Taliban regime was NOT hostile to the US while it was harboring the al Qaeda leadership as they planned the attacks on 9-11?

The Iraqi regime was not hostile to the US? Could you please explain to me why it was that President Clinton deployed military forces against Iraq for Operations Desert Thunder I, Desert Thunder II, and Desert Fox? Were the "proofs" forged then too?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 08:06 AM   #249
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
So the Taliban regime was NOT hostile to the US while it was harboring the al Qaeda leadership as they planned the attacks on 9-11?

The Iraqi regime was not hostile to the US? Could you please explain to me why it was that President Clinton deployed military forces against Iraq for Operations Desert Thunder I, Desert Thunder II, and Desert Fox? Were the "proofs" forged then too?
OOOOOOOOOOOO Sh!t!!!
He's back

Welcome back Neil
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #250
ganeil
Colonel
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
OOOOOOOOOOOO Sh!t!!!
He's back

Welcome back Neil
Thank you, it is good to be home.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2008, 04:58 PM   #251
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States

Drives: f30

Id like to digress and answer the OP Q.

Maybe.

Hes definitely on the bottom of mediocre intelligence scale, which doesnt qualify one to be POTUS.

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 08:52 AM   #252
ganeil
Colonel
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
I’d like to digress and answer the OP Q.

Maybe.

He’s definitely on the bottom of mediocre intelligence scale, which doesn’t qualify one to be POTUS.
What are you basing this assessment on?

Here are a couple of assessments based on actual testing:
Linda Gottfredson, co-director of the University of Delaware-Johns Hopkins Project for the Study of Intelligence and Society, told me:

"I recently converted Bush's SAT score to an IQ using the high school norms available for his age cohort. Educational Testing Service happened to have done a study of representative high school students within a year or so of when he took the test. I derived an IQ of 125, which is the 95th percentile."

In other words, only one out of 20 people would score higher.

Charles Murray came up with a similar result:

"I think you're safe in saying that Dubya's IQ, based on his SAT score, is in excess of 120, which puts him in the top 10 percent of the distribution, but I wouldn't try to be more precise than that."
Source

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 09:43 AM   #253
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:

Linda Gottfredson, co-director of the University of Delaware-Johns Hopkins Project for the Study of Intelligence and Society, told me:

"I recently converted Bush's SAT score to an IQ using the high school norms available for his age cohort. Educational Testing Service happened to have done a study of representative high school students within a year or so of when he took the test. I derived an IQ of 125, which is the 95th percentile."

"I think you're safe in saying that Dubya's IQ, based on his SAT score, is in excess of 120, which puts him in the top 10 percent of the distribution, but I wouldn't try to be more precise than that."
Source
Ah, then he must be smart, just having trouble showing it...
95th percentile obviously of US population since there is no SAT anywhere else. US population relative measure may not be really good base to talk about this...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 12:05 PM   #254
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
US population relative measure may not be really good base to talk about this...
Except that the president must be elected from among the US population ("natural born") so any other standards of comparison would be useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 02:20 PM   #255
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Except that the president must be elected from among the US population ("natural born") so any other standards of comparison would be useless.
I agree, however, the question was if he were smart, not Smart American...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:16 PM   #256
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States

Quote:

Source
He can't speak and majority of decisions he made proved to be wrong. Every business he was in charge of went bankrupt including US economy.

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #257
ganeil
Colonel
United_States

Quote:
He can't speak and majority of decisions he made proved to be wrong. Every business he was in charge of went bankrupt including US economy.
The decision to cut taxes proved to be wrong?
The decision to overthrow the Taliban proved to be wrong?
The decision to nominate John Roberts and Sam Alito to the Supreme Court proved to be wrong?

You may not have agreed with the decisions but you have shown yourself to be fairly poorly informed so I am not sure that your agreement is the standard by which presidential decisions are properly judged.

The Texas Rangers went bankrupt?

FYI: The President is NOT in charge of the US economy. The US is far from bankrupt.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:35 PM   #258
schneid4323
Banned
United_States

Drives: 335i, M6

Send a message via AIM to schneid4323
The Bush family has been running the nation since the mid 80's. W is just a pawn, heck even the family is really. The finger should be pointed at the pentagon....... if you haven't already check out what "Curveball" is.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curveball_(informant) while your at it check out the Program that Bush's father ran after he was removed from his director chair at the CIA for his drug smuggling.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Program_Office if you want to back up that info their is a link to a CNN video from '91 that is 12 parts, very repetitive, and lasts 1:30, its not fun to watch so you can take my word for it...... Also a book called OIL, it explains the history of petrol and the major investors and such, wonderful read, written in a hawking like style. Also you may want to look up some info about islam if you dont know about the pillars of faith or how jihad truly ties into the convert religion. There is more, hell a lot more, the big picture is where the truth lies, screw conspiracy, look at stats.
Obama '08...... too bad Paul is gone

Quote:
The US is far from bankrupt.
lol, dude the Canadian dollar is worth more then the US right now..... And what do we do, throw $80 billion dollars at companies to spend on the market, look at the healthcare companies down 30% since the beginning of the year, were in a recession bud, they throw money at it to hide it but the bottom is falling out. Were way closer then you think, then China will follow, then they will have more riot problems then they are already having, then they are gonna be pissed and blame it on us, it really is all our fault, ..... sub prime mortgages and fail security packets......

Quote:
Who is making that prediction? What is their track record in making such predictions?
Lol dude, interest down, inflation up, unemployment up, foreclosures up, value of the dollar down.... You dont need a degree even to see what that means, hell look at the 70's, they only had to deal with three of these issues. Hell I've only taken high school economics and it's as obvious as day that we are getting owned..... Interest is also lower then inflation also the govt isn't solving sub prime mortgages..... nor are any of the candidates, democrats throw money at it, republicans well.... they ignore it... they don't have to do much to run against a black man or a woman in a divided party..... Back to the point, when the big guys jump in and buy everything, which they really have started to do (80 billion dollars from the fed to JP Morgan Chase and other investors) you know the storm is coming...

Quote:
http://www.wikileaks.org/wiki/A_Coll...and_%282005%29
Go ahead and grab that file man..... look at the pages on the border issue with the ease of getting into the country, blatantly one of the highest fears we have of them, we spend $3,857 per second on a war against them when we aren't even bothering to put up a border fence, hell you have the mexican army shooting at border patrol to get drugs in and the bush admin turns its head...... Really how scared are we of these people? Our biggest fear of their ease of entry.... and we cant even fence it, China built a great wall in the 1500's (was it 1600's?) and us, one of the most powerful countries in the world, and even put a fence to protect us from out biggest enemy.... seriously man, are we scared of Al Qaida or is the fear just the tool to get to the end.... 1984 anyone?

Also on another note, Mike Hunt, one of the billionaires who wont let the fence go through his land, has clearance to view classified information, because of his support to the Bush Library being built in my city at SMU...... Its a joke to these people, its business...

Last edited by schneid4323; 03-24-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #259
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid4323 View Post
the govt isn't solving sub prime mortgages
Nor should they.

Quote:
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #260
schneid4323
Banned
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Nor should they.
Being a libertarian I agree, but in the state we're in they are responsible, they are choosing to baby us, they better zip the dipper. Also its a much better alternative then killing the value of the dollar by throwing money at the economy.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:30 PM   #261
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States

Quote:
The decision to cut taxes proved to be wrong?
He cut taxes for the rich. Middle class is shrinking.

Quote:
The decision to overthrow the Taliban proved to be wrong?
It's been 6.5 years since 9-11 and where is Bin Ladin?

Quote:
The decision to nominate John Roberts and Sam Alito to the Supreme Court proved to be wrong?
Alito is a right wing conservative. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) formally opposed Alito's nomination. Judge Alito's record shows support to government actions that cut short individual freedoms.

Quote:
FYI: The President is NOT in charge of the US economy. The US is far from bankrupt.
He took us to war that yielded $4/gal gas and $12b/week cost. Recession. Scandals with Rove, Libby, WMD lies and countless others.

Tonight on PBS, please watch Bush's war documentary.

You are obviously a loyal Bushie right winger, and no matter what, you are going to defend your side.

Enjoy the war, recession and 31% approval rate.

Here's the smart guy for you:

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000

"I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo.,

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000 Oct. 8, 2004

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

"They misunderestimated me." —Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #262
schneid4323
Banned
United_States

Quote:
my father pays $600k in taxes every year and the tax cuts barely make up a few grand.... The extra taxing to the rich is unfair....
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #263
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Quote:
Wrong, as usual.
Quote:
Sorry but last I checked Bin Laden wasn't part of the Taliban.
Quote:
Alito is a right wing conservative. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) formally opposed Alito's nomination. Judge Alito's record shows support to government actions that cut short individual freedoms.
The ACLU is, well I don't want to get into it atm. You should find an actual reason to disagree with him, not listen to the morons at the ACLU.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #264
ganeil
Colonel
United_States

Quote:
The tax cuts were across the board... anyone who paid federal income taxes got a tax cut.

Quote:
No idea. I do know that he is not running thousands of terrorists through training camps in Afghanistan under the protection of that government.

Quote:
The ACLU is now the arbiter of quality in supreme court justices? Which of Justice Alito's rulings, as either a Supreme Court Justice or Appellate judge show his support for "government actions that cut short individual freedoms?"

Quote:
He took us to war that yielded $4/gal gas and $12b/week cost. Recession. Scandals with Rove, Libby, WMD lies and countless others.
You really would benefit from letting go of your hatred of the President. He is leaving office in less than a year. History will judge his presidency in time. Look to the future, not the past.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0