BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #155
cjwb1984
Private First Class
 
cjwb1984's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW Z4 Sdrive35i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

I'm curious what Porsche is hiding with the lower side body disguise.
cjwb1984 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #156
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,480
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwb1984
I'm curious what Porsche is hiding with the lower side body disguise.
Pretty sure that it's just black door trim (like a kick guard), kind of retro. We'll know for certain on Wednesday. There is a better pic of the side trim in the doors on page 7 in the q5 side by side comparo.
Gins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #157
solstice
Colonel
 
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle

Posts: 2,179
iTrader: (0)

The Macan microsite informs that there will be a live internet reveal tomorrow at 07:55 PST. ( It actually says today but the date they have is Nov. 20 )
solstice is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #158
Transfer
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Transfer's Avatar
 
Drives: SQ5, X1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 1,673
iTrader: (0)

I came on here today looking for official reveal leaked info. I guess we'll just keep being patient. I drove behind a new black Cayenne Turbo S for a while this morning. Dammit if that thing ain't the sex.
Transfer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #159
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,480
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
The Macan microsite informs that there will be a live internet reveal tomorrow at 07:55 PST. ( It actually says today but the date they have is Nov. 20 )
I saw that too, but why wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I came on here today looking for official reveal leaked info. I guess we'll just keep being patient. I drove behind a new black Cayenne Turbo S for a while this morning. Dammit if that thing ain't the sex.


Gins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #160
Strongbark
Brigadier General
 
Strongbark's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4 on order
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 3,640
iTrader: (1)

Looking forward to the full reveal.
__________________
Strongbark

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic32890_2.gif
'13 Mini GP #485 of 500 For Sale
Strongbark is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #161
Transfer
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Transfer's Avatar
 
Drives: SQ5, X1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 1,673
iTrader: (0)

Headlights and rear diffuser are nice finishing details that we haven't seen yet. I'm confused though, is the reveal tonight at 7:55pm? The microsite has a link up that says "Go to live broadcast" and says unveiling Nov 20th but then says tonight? Silly Germans.

Update! Reveal is TONIGHT!:

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/sneak...193700408.html

Last edited by Transfer; 11-19-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Transfer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #162
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,480
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Headlights and rear diffuser are nice finishing details that we haven't seen yet. I'm confused though, is the reveal tonight at 7:55pm? The microsite has a link up that says "Go to live broadcast" and says unveiling Nov 20th but then says tonight? Silly Germans.

Update! Reveal is TONIGHT!:

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/sneak...193700408.html
10:55 EST is well into the 20th in Germany.

Waiting for the damn configurator to pop up!
Gins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #163
Transfer
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Transfer's Avatar
 
Drives: SQ5, X1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 1,673
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
10:55 EST is well into the 20th in Germany.

Waiting for the damn configurator to pop up!
Ha that's true. duh
I'm on microsite now. I must say it's a pretty nifty way to reveal and it's sure gotten me excited. Do you think there will be a configurator up today?
Transfer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #164
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,480
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]



Gins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #165
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,480
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Ha that's true. duh
I'm on microsite now. I must say it's a pretty nifty way to reveal and it's sure gotten me excited. Do you think there will be a configurator up today?
If my memory serves me correctly, the 918 configurator was up the next day.

Tail lights look effing great!
Gins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #166
solstice
Colonel
 
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle

Posts: 2,179
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
If my memory serves me correctly, the 918 configurator was up the next day.

Tail lights look effing great!
No kidding! They are almost Aston Martinesque. From these pix I'd say in total reverse from the Cayenne the rear quarter looks better than the front.
solstice is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #167
Transfer
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Transfer's Avatar
 
Drives: SQ5, X1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 1,673
iTrader: (0)

This thing is tits. Reveal is boring but shows good stuff.
Transfer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #168
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,480
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
This thing is tits. Reveal is boring but shows good stuff.
Interior on the Turbo looks great! I am even liking the "S" as well. I have never been a fan of blue cars, but that blue just pops.

I am thinking:

Turbo
Silver or Red Paint
Black Leather
Red Seatbelts
Gins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 11:31 PM   #169
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,480
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
If you look on the Porsche USA website, there is an empty slot in the "Models" drop-down, right below the Cayenne...
Gins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 11:31 PM   #170
Transfer
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Transfer's Avatar
 
Drives: SQ5, X1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 1,673
iTrader: (0)

Sad no real details in the reveal. How fatty fat is it?!! When will it be available?
Transfer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #171
solstice
Colonel
 
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle

Posts: 2,179
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Interior on the Turbo looks great! I am even liking the "S" as well. I have never been a fan of blue cars, but that blue just pops.

I am thinking:

Turbo
Silver or Red Paint
Black Leather
Red Seatbelts
Are those fat quad round pipes standard on the S, I wonder? I agree that blue is fantastic but I might lean at black on black with chrome trim delete but with silver wheels. Got to try to limit the cute / androgyn factor that these proportions on an SUV can't fully shake...
solstice is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #172
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,480
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Are those fat quad round pipes standard on the S, I wonder? I agree that blue is fantastic but I might lean at black on black with chrome trim delete but with silver wheels. Got to try to limit the cute / androgyn factor that these proportions on an SUV can't fully shake...
I hope they are standard.

Black on Black would look sharp!

I'm just waiting for some numb nuts to post that they're ordering a Superman color combo.
Gins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #173
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,480
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Sad no real details in the reveal. How fatty fat is it?!! When will it be available?
They're really killing us here... maybe they're waiting to release them during the auto show?
Gins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 11:37 PM   #174
Transfer
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Transfer's Avatar
 
Drives: SQ5, X1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 1,673
iTrader: (0)

I'm pretty sure I would go black with beige interior (since my wife will veto the red ) but I don't like that the carpet is beige. Black on black with colored seat belts is dope too.

The round tail pipes seem to be on the S and the squared ones on the Turbo. Not sure if they're both considered "performance" exhausts or just the Turbo squares.
Transfer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #175
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,480
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
since my wife will veto the red
Showed my wife the reveal and she said, "just no red seats, please."


(it was the same with the M3 as well)
Gins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #176
Transfer
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Transfer's Avatar
 
Drives: SQ5, X1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 1,673
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Showed my wife the reveal and she said, "just no red seats, please."


(it was the same with the M3 as well)
Ha! Same. I'm lucky enough she approved the M3 I was not about to argue over fox red. Same goes for a Macan.
Transfer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST