BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs
 
Racewerkz Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #1
Hyperjack
Captain
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: California

Posts: 786
iTrader: (0)

Frozen Grey's turn with Dr.Beasley's

i've been using Swisswax products to maintain the look of my Frozen Grey M3....and i'm not really happy with them. i expected a pricey product, but i didn't expect such cheap presentation.

the bottling , packaging....it all looked cheap once i got the starter kit in the mail. now that's not the end all be all of the quality of a product....but, it ain't a good sign. add to that i had to order the product twice, because the spray mechanism on one of the bottles were so cheaply made, it leaked out into the entire package, damaging all literature and soaking the towels that came with it. an irritating start.

using the product wasn't bad...but it was leaving more of a shine than i cared for.

so i took a cue from edu09 ,who always seems to achieve a nice clean look on that sweet ride of his.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971842

....and followed his regiment of Dr.Beasley's matte care products and a finish of BMW's nano wax.

i had my car going into get a clear bra on the next day, so this is my experience with just Beasley's shampoo and sealant.

got the package in the mail....

...nice, simple packaging. already impressed.

and here are the results with just the shampoo and sealant. i don't know if these pics convey it well....but there's a nice ,clean feel to the surface of the paint. a good smell, too.










bottom line, i highly recommend these products . i love the results.

on an unrelated note....some guy on another thread commented on how frozen finishes somehow diminished the design of the E92 M3's body.

that's a laugh

anyone looking at these pictures alone can see every plane, crest, body swell....of this car's masculine design. i love gloss coats a lot, but IMO....nothing shows off these subtle attributes best like a frozen finish.

Last edited by Hyperjack; 04-25-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Hyperjack is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Alex///M
E90 - the Ultimate family hauler
 
Alex///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 ///M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Halifax

Posts: 566
iTrader: (14)

Wow

That looks amazing! Such a nice clean finish to the matt colour! Nice work.
__________________
2008 AW E90 M3 - current
2002 TIAG E46 M3 - gone
1991 DiamondSchwartz E30 M3 - gone but not forgotten
Alex///M is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2014, 12:27 PM   #3
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Posts: 4,448
iTrader: (0)

Looks great!
Elliott@DetailAddict is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2014, 04:08 PM   #4
edu09
Major
 
edu09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Frozen Black M3 ESS 650
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Doral, FL

Posts: 1,295
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
man your car looks awesome!
you can see the matte metallic finishing, it looks so clean!
wait and see when you apply the BMW nano wax, it will feel so smooth, you will love it!
__________________
2013 M3 E93 | Frozen Black, individual interior black with red stitching, Carbon Leather trim, M Double-clutch Transmission, Enhanced Premium Sound Sys
Mods: ESS VT2 650 SC / Akrapovic GT4 Exhaust / Brembo 365 kit / HRE RB2 wheels / Toyo R888 tires / KW coilover sleeve kit / OSS V4 kit / OEM Frozen Blk Rear Lip Spoiler / BMW Performance Black Grilles / BMW Wind Deflector / FB Vorsteiner Front Spoiler / FB side gills

Last edited by edu09; 04-26-2014 at 03:09 PM.
edu09 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #5
Saandiaago
Private
 
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP DCT
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SoCal

Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Nice looking ride and excellent product in my experience as well. Still need to try the nanowax but wonder if there is any point on the paint protection film areas?
Saandiaago is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #6
Hyperjack
Captain
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: California

Posts: 786
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saandiaago View Post
Nice looking ride and excellent product in my experience as well. Still need to try the nanowax but wonder if there is any point on the paint protection film areas?
there is because for one, it protects the life of your film from yellowing and cracking.

secondly, it helps the surface deflect sand, dirt and rock chips.

wax plays the say role for the film as it does for any clear coat on you paint job. just another layer of protection.
Hyperjack is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2014, 12:35 PM   #7
RS4now
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3 space gray
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chicago

Posts: 153
iTrader: (1)

a bit off topic but, whose wheels are you running color, size and offset? i like them very much, car looks great!!
RS4now is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2014, 12:59 PM   #8
Hyperjack
Captain
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: California

Posts: 786
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS4now View Post
a bit off topic but, whose wheels are you running color, size and offset? i like them very much, car looks great!!
not a problem, i love these wheels as well. took me a long time to find what i wanted on this car.

the wheels are BC Forged HB-S02 Deep Concave Signature Series - 2 Piece ,
F 19x9" ET15, R 19x10" ET20

the finish i can't tell you. i wanted what member Frank Thomas had here
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...omas+BC+HB-s02

when i got them i ended up with this. you can ask Patrick @ Sonic. he can help you out if you need more info.
Hyperjack is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2014, 01:14 PM   #9
RS4now
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3 space gray
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chicago

Posts: 153
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperjack View Post
not a problem, i love these wheels as well. took me a long time to find what i wanted on this car.

the wheels are BC Forged HB-S02 Deep Concave Signature Series - 2 Piece ,
F 19x9" ET15, R 19x10" ET20

the finish i can't tell you. i wanted what member Frank Thomas had here
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...omas+BC+HB-s02

when i got them i ended up with this. you can ask Patrick @ Sonic. he can help you out if you need more info.
Awesome! thank you for the info. I like your wheels' finish better. maybe its the light, but if i was to order id say your finish.
RS4now is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #10
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 16,067
iTrader: (4)

holy smokes AJ looks awesome!
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Davids current ED Special M235/228--> http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1013211
GOLFFRR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2014, 10:02 AM   #11
Hyperjack
Captain
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: California

Posts: 786
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex///M View Post
Wow

That looks amazing! Such a nice clean finish to the matt colour! Nice work.
thanks! it's a pretty simple process to get such a nice end result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott@DetailAddict View Post
Looks great!
much appreciated , Elliot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edu09 View Post
man your car looks awesome!
you can see the matte metallic finishing, it looks so clean!
wait and see when you apply the BMW nano wax, it will feel so smooth, you will love it!
now that i have the car back from the installer, i'll have the nano wax on order. i'll probably have it by this weekend and apply it. i'll update this thread with pics! thanks again, for the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS4now View Post
Awesome! thank you for the info. I like your wheels' finish better. maybe its the light, but if i was to order id say your finish.
happy to help! you can check out my build thread if you want to see some close ups of those wheels and their finish...
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938235

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
holy smokes AJ looks awesome!
thanks for taking a look , Jimmy!
Hyperjack is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #12
0-60Motorsports
Major
 
0-60Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kingdom of Bahrain

Posts: 1,296
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to 0-60Motorsports Send a message via MSN to 0-60Motorsports Send a message via Yahoo to 0-60Motorsports
Car looks stunning. Have you ever thought of having the BMW rear spoiler and the VRS front lip Matte Cleared to match the FGM?
__________________
Current Mods: GC Coilovers, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Boot + CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SuperSprint V1 Headers + Catless S-pipes + Res Sec 2 + Race Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OME CSL Steering, OEM CSL Interior, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, EVOLVE Alpha-N, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ....
0-60Motorsports is offline   Bahrain
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2014, 01:22 PM   #13
MikeD
Banned
 
Drives: E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 445
iTrader: (0)

Wish I had matte
MikeD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #14
Hyperjack
Captain
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: California

Posts: 786
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
Car looks stunning. Have you ever thought of having the BMW rear spoiler and the VRS front lip Matte Cleared to match the FGM?
i take it you mean to apply a film over those CF parts to match the Frozen finish of the car, right?

it's a nice idea, but i personally like how those gloss parts contrast to the matte satin finish of the Frozen Grey paint.

thanks for the nice words!
Hyperjack is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #15
Hyperjack
Captain
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: California

Posts: 786
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Wish I had matte
you can always apply a matte satin clear film over your car....and BOOM, ya gott matte!

best of both worlds, friend
Hyperjack is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2014, 11:12 PM   #16
ucla95
Striker
 
Drives: formerly F10 M5, E63S on order
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 475
iTrader: (0)

I've watched Dr Beasley's start from zero to now. Great people, well deserved success. Andrew in particular is the matte king of Chicago.
ucla95 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2014, 06:19 PM   #17
3SPKY5U
Not A Ghost
 
3SPKY5U's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Frozen Silver M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Calgary, AB

Posts: 423
iTrader: (0)

As someone who has just bought a Frozen Silver M3 Competition Package...

I will be buying this product!

Question: Do you daily your car? Has it been decently easy to take care of? I want to DD mine, but im so scared.
__________________
2012 Frozen Silver BMW ///M3 - Competition Package - Executive package - DCT - Mdrive
2007 Arktis Metallic BMW 335i Sedan - STG2.5 tune - Many many mods
3SPKY5U is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2014, 08:54 PM   #18
Hyperjack
Captain
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: California

Posts: 786
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SPKY5U View Post
As someone who has just bought a Frozen Silver M3 Competition Package...

I will be buying this product!

Question: Do you daily your car? Has it been decently easy to take care of? I want to DD mine, but im so scared.
hey, congratulations on the new purchase....i'm sure she's a beauty!

first off, don't be scared. matte paint is easy to take are of. it can only be a problem for 2 reasons...

1) you're the type that doesn't wash, or like to wash your car regularly.

2) damage. anything that needs to be repainted would likely be expensive to do, mainly because there are so few people that do it well.

so, i suggest 2 things if you have a frozen paint job on your daily driver.

1) use products like Dr.Beasley's. protect you frozen finish with a wax that would help with minor damage and water and bug stains that you don't have to wipe off right away. use the wax at regular intervals and wash your car with the soap every couple of weeks. doesn't take long at all.

2) protect your car with a film like expel stealth ultimate. i just had mine applied to my car. i'll have a thread up later today detailing my experience. i'll post a link for you to follow.

now, mine's not a DD....but this is definitely what i'd be doing if she was.
__________________
E92 M3, Indv. Frozen Grey ext., Indv. Rust Brown int.. BC Racing wheels HB-So2, Vorsteiner aero lip, BMW CF spoiler, BMW black chrome grills and gills, IND color match reflector inserts, gloss black wrapped hood vents, M performance exhaust, Dinan CF intake, M5 shift knob, BMW performance pedals.....
Hyperjack is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2014, 08:55 PM   #19
Hyperjack
Captain
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: California

Posts: 786
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla95 View Post
I've watched Dr Beasley's start from zero to now. Great people, well deserved success. Andrew in particular is the matte king of Chicago.
good to know that the people behind the product are as good as the product itself. i feel that much better throwing my money at them !
__________________
E92 M3, Indv. Frozen Grey ext., Indv. Rust Brown int.. BC Racing wheels HB-So2, Vorsteiner aero lip, BMW CF spoiler, BMW black chrome grills and gills, IND color match reflector inserts, gloss black wrapped hood vents, M performance exhaust, Dinan CF intake, M5 shift knob, BMW performance pedals.....
Hyperjack is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2014, 09:33 PM   #20
3SPKY5U
Not A Ghost
 
3SPKY5U's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Frozen Silver M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Calgary, AB

Posts: 423
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperjack View Post
hey, congratulations on the new purchase....i'm sure she's a beauty!

first off, don't be scared. matte paint is easy to take are of. it can only be a problem for 2 reasons...

1) you're the type that doesn't wash, or like to wash your car regularly.

2) damage. anything that needs to be repainted would likely be expensive to do, mainly because there are so few people that do it well.

so, i suggest 2 things if you have a frozen paint job on your daily driver.

1) use products like Dr.Beasley's. protect you frozen finish with a wax that would help with minor damage and water and bug stains that you don't have to wipe off right away. use the wax at regular intervals and wash your car with the soap every couple of weeks. doesn't take long at all.

2) protect your car with a film like expel stealth ultimate. i just had mine applied to my car. i'll have a thread up later today detailing my experience. i'll post a link for you to follow.

now, mine's not a DD....but this is definitely what i'd be doing if she was.
Fortunately BMW threw in a 20k "appearance" warranty, covering any scratches/damage/dents/interior damage. So hopefully they will take care of my baby if some moron decides I don't deserve to have such a pretty car. Or if my goofy girlfriend accidentally spills...

Fortunately for me, anywhere I park is fairly exclusive, so parking damage is not a huge issue. And I wash my 335 every week, the same will go for the M.
__________________
2012 Frozen Silver BMW ///M3 - Competition Package - Executive package - DCT - Mdrive
2007 Arktis Metallic BMW 335i Sedan - STG2.5 tune - Many many mods
3SPKY5U is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #21
Chewbaccam
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Frozen Grey
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Dr. Beasley's is awesome. Yes, its a little pricey, but I find it cleans the car really well. Like Edu said, get some of the BMW matte wax as the finisher, it helps protect the car. As a daily driver, I get bird poop, bug spatter, etc on it on a regular basis and sometimes I can't get to it right away- with the wax on it, I'm able to spray some detailing spray on it, wait about 30 seconds, then wipe off with ease. I went through Dr. Beasley's finishing/detailing spray pretty quickly (it gets pretty dusty and pollon-y in TX), so I decided to give Chemical Guys matte detailing spray a try and so far, its pretty good (and considerably cheaper).
Chewbaccam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST