BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #45
dbyrd
Over 100,000 miles
dbyrd's Avatar
1
Rep
168
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Correct I use a HANS so I own a pro. What I like better about the non-pro is you can get the lap belt lower across your hips which, IMO, is more comfortable.

You CAN use a HANS with the non-pro but the straps will tend to slide off the bottom of the hans.

HANS or if you think you'll ever use a HANS, get a pro.



Yup, I'll be there at MSR. What group are you in?
I still run in the blue/intermediate group. What group are you running in?
I'll see you there.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 11:20 PM   #46
bigjae1976
That's what she said...
bigjae1976's Avatar
84
Rep
5,634
Posts

 
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbyrd View Post
I still run in the blue/intermediate group. What group are you running in?
I'll see you there.
Thanks.
I'll be instructing. I usually park under the awning near where they serve food.
__________________


Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #47
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
dcgolfdr's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
1,026
Posts

 
Drives: M3 and a truck
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (11)

Now we need a group buy for a HANS!!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #48
MCPilot
Private
United_States
0
Rep
75
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgolfdr View Post
Now we need a group buy for a HANS!!
+1
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #49
Sapper_M3
Lieutenant
Sapper_M3's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
575
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

So, we've gotten some comments about the PCA here, but anyone know BMW CCA or the SCCA's stance on these?

I'll be moving in a few months (the Army has been kind enough to give me that heads up, but not kind enough to let me know WHERE I'll be moving), so there's no sense in me e-mailing my current BMW CCA and SCCA chapters about this. Just thought I'd solicit some info from the board.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #50
AWM3ME2
Keep practicing your almost there....
AWM3ME2's Avatar
2
Rep
235
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper_M3 View Post
So, we've gotten some comments about the PCA here, but anyone know BMW CCA or the SCCA's stance on these?

I'll be moving in a few months (the Army has been kind enough to give me that heads up, but not kind enough to let me know WHERE I'll be moving), so there's no sense in me e-mailing my current BMW CCA and SCCA chapters about this. Just thought I'd solicit some info from the board.
My buddy just ran them with BMWCCA NJ last weekend and had no problem. I ordered a set as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #51
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
United_States
2
Rep
254
Posts

 
Drives: 2x01 330, 02 M3, 13 ZCP M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

I've also run them on PCA with a HANS

One of the chief instructors freaked out when he did my checkout ride and insisted on using the standard 3 point one instead.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #52
Sapper_M3
Lieutenant
Sapper_M3's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
575
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow
I've also run them on PCA with a HANS

One of the chief instructors freaked out when he did my checkout ride and insisted on using the standard 3 point one instead.
Interesting; I've also seen a few people at events distrustful of these because of the lack of anti-submarine belt. The website seems to indicate this is all worked out safely though.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #53
Sapper_M3
Lieutenant
Sapper_M3's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
575
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWM3ME2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper_M3 View Post
So, we've gotten some comments about the PCA here, but anyone know BMW CCA or the SCCA's stance on these?

I'll be moving in a few months (the Army has been kind enough to give me that heads up, but not kind enough to let me know WHERE I'll be moving), so there's no sense in me e-mailing my current BMW CCA and SCCA chapters about this. Just thought I'd solicit some info from the board.
My buddy just ran them with BMWCCA NJ last weekend and had no problem. I ordered a set as well.
Thanks for the response; good to hear. I guess I'll follow up with my local chapters when I move, and hopefully I'll be tracking securely strapped to my seat early next year.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 04:53 AM   #54
dex37
Second Lieutenant
dex37's Avatar
2
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Schroth won't offer those harnesses in Germany! How dumb is that? I am mad.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 05:50 AM   #55
Autobahn335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Autobahn335i's Avatar
Luxembourg
28
Rep
1,600
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Luxembourg

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex37 View Post
Schroth won't offer those harnesses in Germany! How dumb is that? I am mad.
I just ordered Rally 4 harnesses. Sick and tired of this stuff.

A UK dealer couldn't even order the Mini Quickfit harnesses for me, as they're not allowed to sell them in Europe due to different safety regulations compared to the US.
__________________
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Íhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Powerflex Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 06:00 AM   #56
dex37
Second Lieutenant
dex37's Avatar
2
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn335i View Post
I just ordered Rally 4 harnesses. Sick and tired of this stuff.

A UK dealer couldn't even order the Mini Quickfit harnesses for me, as they're not allowed to sell them in Europe due to different safety regulations compared to the US.
I don't understand why they do that. The quick fit have german "ABE" for E36, E46 and Mini.

Can you give me a link to the harnesses you ordered. How complicated is to to install and remove them.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #57
Autobahn335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Autobahn335i's Avatar
Luxembourg
28
Rep
1,600
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Luxembourg

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex37 View Post
I don't understand why they do that. The quick fit have german "ABE" for E36, E46 and Mini.

Can you give me a link to the harnesses you ordered. How complicated is to to install and remove them.
I ordered this one:

https://www.schroth.de/gurte/rallye-4-asm.html

I should get them next week so I can report back. But as these attach to the original belt mounting points, the seats have probably to be removed for install. Also, since they'll be attached to the rear you won't be allowed to have passengers in the back seats anymore.

The quickfit would really be the single best harness for occasional trackday use with a daily driver.
__________________
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Íhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Powerflex Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #58
dex37
Second Lieutenant
dex37's Avatar
2
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn335i View Post
I ordered this one:

https://www.schroth.de/gurte/rallye-4-asm.html

I should get them next week so I can report back. But as these attach to the original belt mounting points, the seats have probably to be removed for install. Also, since they'll be attached to the rear you won't be allowed to have passengers in the back seats anymore.

The quickfit would really be the single best harness for occasional trackday use with a daily driver.
Thanks. So those harnesses attach permanently and cannot be removed for daily driving like the quick fit. Are they even allowed in Germany? Let me know how the install went and if you like them.

P.S. I think I've seen your 335i at the Ring. I think you had Brembo BBK as far as I remember.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #59
Autobahn335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Autobahn335i's Avatar
Luxembourg
28
Rep
1,600
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Luxembourg

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex37 View Post
Thanks. So those harnesses attach permanently and cannot be removed for daily driving like the quick fit. Are they even allowed in Germany? Let me know how the install went and if you like them.

P.S. I think I've seen your 335i at the Ring. I think you had Brembo BBK as far as I remember.
Yes, yellow Brembos, that would be me

The Rallye harnesses are definitely a permanent mod. You can get them approved by the TUV without problems as they use the factory mounting points.
__________________
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Íhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Powerflex Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #60
dex37
Second Lieutenant
dex37's Avatar
2
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn335i View Post
Yes, yellow Brembos, that would be me

The Rallye harnesses are definitely a permanent mod. You can get them approved by the TUV without problems as they use the factory mounting points.
Yes, it was you then. I thought you were together with the E90 with the PFC Brakes. It was the beginning of August.

I don't want to remove the factory seatbelt and I also want to be able to use the backseat. It's my daily driver.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #61
Autobahn335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Autobahn335i's Avatar
Luxembourg
28
Rep
1,600
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Luxembourg

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex37 View Post
Yes, it was you then. I thought you were together with the E90 with the PFC Brakes. It was the beginning of August.

I don't want to remove the factory seatbelt and I also want to be able to use the backseat. It's my daily driver.
The E90 is Alpina_B3_Lux from the E90post N54 forums

You can still use the factory seatbelts with the Rallyes, but not the backseats unfortunately.
__________________
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Íhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Powerflex Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #62
dex37
Second Lieutenant
dex37's Avatar
2
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn335i View Post
The E90 is Alpina_B3_Lux from the E90post N54 forums

You can still use the factory seatbelts with the Rallyes, but not the backseats unfortunately.
Both cars look great. I know Alpina_B3_Lux from some other forums. He has done some great job to his car so far.

Why isn't it possible to use the back seats? Do I need to remove the receptacles? I am thinking to order the Quick Fit Pro from HMS and get them shipped back to Germany. I will use the harnesses only on trackdays, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #63
TXmtrhed
First Lieutenant
TXmtrhed's Avatar
3
Rep
327
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Katy, TX

iTrader: (0)

The wait is over, they have arrived! Got my QuickFit Pros today just in time for the weekend!

Was hoping to try out my HANS prior to a Lemons race in a couple of weeks and now I can do it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #64
arter
collecting toys
arter's Avatar
8
Rep
780
Posts

 
Drives: M3 MCB
Join Date: May 2008
Location: rochester, ny

iTrader: (0)

Ran at Watkins Glen today. Good news, I am now fast enough that I am having problems bracing my fat butt in the drivers seat. Bad news, hurt my knee and back trying to do it.

Picked up the Schroth Quickfit pro from HMS at the track and installed it tonight. 5 minutes ( ignoring the drive to the parts store to get a T50 socket). Works great, and removes quickly and cleanly if needed. No one will see the very short connectors.

Will try it at the track tomorrow. Seems to hold me tight.
__________________
2011 e92 M3 Monte Carlo Blue ESS 535
2015 cayman GTS
2006 SLK 55 AMG
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #65
bigjae1976
That's what she said...
bigjae1976's Avatar
84
Rep
5,634
Posts

 
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by arter View Post
Ran at Watkins Glen today. Good news, I am now fast enough that I am having problems bracing my fat butt in the drivers seat. Bad news, hurt my knee and back trying to do it.

Picked up the Schroth Quickfit pro from HMS at the track and installed it tonight. 5 minutes ( ignoring the drive to the parts store to get a T50 socket). Works great, and removes quickly and cleanly if needed. No one will see the very short connectors.

Will try it at the track tomorrow. Seems to hold me tight.
5 minutes my ass...the drive to the parts store counts.

But do post some reviews.
__________________


Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #66
socrates42
Private First Class
1
Rep
176
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M3 Sedan / 04 WRX
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wash, DC

iTrader: (0)

Where did you mound the outside front anchor on the sedan? All the instructions I found are only for the E92 and they use the seatbelt slider floor location.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST