BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Canada
146

 
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada


Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Final Numbers are out MT Verses DCT

All them one against the other threads we had ... look who came out on top in the end

__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
46

 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 2,387
iTrader: (1)

Obviously the number of DCT owners are more, it is because there a lot of soccer moms and people who don't have the skills to drive manual.
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3

Last edited by Prince_of_Persia; 08-09-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
Gins
I can't find my pants.
No_Country
32

 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo


Posts: 2,508
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Obviously the number of DCT owners are more, it is because there a lot of more soccer moms and people who don't have the skills to drive manual.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
United_States
10

 
M3forMe's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 E92 - AW
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orange


Posts: 531
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Obviously the number of DCT owners are more, it is because there a lot of more soccer moms and people who don't have the skills to drive manual.
Or the smart ones that know that no human can shift as fast or better than the DCT.
__________________

2013 AW/BLK - DCT, Comp/Cold/Prem
Mods - IND Beauty kit, CF Roundels, CF Splitters, AiB Angel Eyes, EAS Exhaust Tips! B&G lowering springs
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
46

 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 2,387
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3forMe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Obviously the number of DCT owners are more, it is because there a lot of more soccer moms and people who don't have the skills to drive manual.
Or the smart ones that know that no human can shift as fast or better than the DCT.
A porn start most likely can do a better job in bed with your wife/gf, but would you give him to do your job??

Anyway, I am not getting into 6MT vs DCT argument again.
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
VMcV3y
Captain
United_States
11

 
VMcV3y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Cabriolet
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, Texas


Posts: 927
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
A porn start most likely can do a better job in bed with your wife/gf, but would you give him to do your job??

Anyway, I am not getting into 6MT vs DCT argument again.
Whatever! You started one here, LOL.

Anyhow, I thought E93 production was still on-going? If so, that should add to the DCT #'s a bit more because our cars are 8,000 pounds heavier, we can't risk grinding gears with a MT.

- V

.
__________________
2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic.

. . . .Munich . . . >. . . .Houston

When one wants a cabriolet, is there really any other choice than an M3? No. No, there's not.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
ibmike
What the Hell ?
United_States
16

 
ibmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 e92 DCT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Michigan


Posts: 1,518
iTrader: (6)

WOW BMW must have replaced A LOT of grindy, slow shiftn MT's.
__________________
Life's a Bitch,Just make sure that Bitch is Beautiful.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #8
CanAutM3
Brigadier General
Canada
54

 
CanAutM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal


Posts: 4,186
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [4.75]
2006 Audi S4  [0.00]
Interresting to note that there is on area where 6MT surpases DCT sales: E90s in US/Canada.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #9
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
52

 
OC3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal


Posts: 4,819
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Obviously the number of DCT owners are more, it is because there a lot of more soccer moms and people who don't have the skills to drive manual.
Been watching your posts for a couple of years and let me state something quite obvious - you're a complete idiot.
__________________

BRP CW13 1:56 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo | Endless | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD/ContiGrandAm | no other mods, nor weight shavings
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #10
Zacke92m
Captain
United_States
19

 
Drives: 2013 e92 m3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Miami,Fl


Posts: 727
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 335i  [3.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
Been watching your posts for a couple of years and let me state something quite obvious - you're a complete idiot.
LOLOL
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #11
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
46

 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 2,387
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
Been watching your posts for a couple of years and let me state something quite obvious - you're a complete idiot.
well that's your opinion, and stupidity is from your side

and Wow, you have so much free time that you have been watching all my posts since I joined! Get a life
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #12
TrevorM3
Major
14

 
Drives: S54
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida


Posts: 1,422
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
A porn start most likely can do a better job in bed with your wife/gf, but would you give him to do your job??

Anyway, I am not getting into 6MT vs DCT argument again.




dude why are you so bent out of shape over what transmission other people chose?

lmao.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #13
gblansten
Beandoc
United_States
28

 
gblansten's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 SG/SS
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thick ascending limb


Posts: 2,213
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the info. I expected the DCT to Manual ratio to be even higher. Impressed that so many opted for the MT.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #14
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
52

 
OC3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal


Posts: 4,819
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
well that's your opinion, and stupidity is from your side

and Wow, you have so much free time that you have been watching all my posts since I joined! Get a life
Dude, if you're an accomplished MT driver (I've seen track videos of 6MT people like kaiv, RadiantM3, pkim1079, etc, who downshift/blip-the-throttle while approaching corners at 90+ mph and I'm going "damn, that sounds great. They got skillz.") and specified some legit points, that'd be different.

But, to hear your idiotic statements, after reading your early post that you learned how to drive MT in your M3, stalling your car repeatedly on the streets of Vancouver, please...

I can't speak for all DCT owners, but I got it (2 of'em, mind you, after a 6MT) because it's an amazing technology.
__________________

BRP CW13 1:56 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo | Endless | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD/ContiGrandAm | no other mods, nor weight shavings
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #15
Sandye90m3
Captain
Canada
13

 
Sandye90m3's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal


Posts: 801
iTrader: (0)

What surprised me the most was the number of sedans with DCT. I thought it would be much higher compared to MT but that isn't the case.
__________________
M3.e90 JZB blacked out.coded.TurnerTestPipes
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #16
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
46

 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 2,387
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
Dude, if you're an accomplished MT driver (I've seen track videos of 6MT people like kaiv, RadiantM3, pkim1079, etc, who downshift/blip-the-throttle while approaching corners at 90+ mph and I'm going "damn, that sounds great. They got skillz.") and specified some legit points, that'd be different.

But, to hear your idiotic statements, after reading your early post that you learned how to drive MT in your M3, stalling your car repeatedly on the streets of Vancouver, please...

I can't speak for all DCT owners, but I got it (2 of'em, mind you, after a 6MT) because it's an amazing technology.
I got my M3 when I was 26 and I did learn how to drive manual in my M3 and I absolutely love it. I don't think there is anything wrong with learning how to drive manual in whatever car car you have. I never said I am an expert in driving manual cars, I simply said there are a lot of people who don't know how to drive manual so they get DCT (I was one before decided to get a 6MT M3). Do you disagree with this? Please don't talk about the forum members who track their cars before they represent a really small percentage of M3 owners.

At the end, I will say each of these transmission has the good part / bad part IMO. 6MT is more fun (had automatic car and test drove DTC) while DCT is faster on track and I agree it is an amazing technology.
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #17
TrevorM3
Major
14

 
Drives: S54
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida


Posts: 1,422
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
I got my M3 when I was 26 and I did learn how to drive manual in my M3 and I absolutely love it. I don't think there is anything wrong with learning how to drive manual in whatever car car you have. I never said I am an expert in driving manual cars, I simply said there are a lot of people who don't know how to drive manual so they get DCT (I was one before decided to get a 6MT M3). Do you disagree with this? Please don't talk about the forum members who track their cars before they represent a really small percentage of M3 owners.

At the end, I will say each of these transmission has the good part / bad part IMO. 6MT is more fun (had automatic car and test drove DTC) while DCT is faster on track and I agree it is an amazing technology.


All valid points, but you can't deny the fact that more people have went from MT to DCT than vice versa..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #18
GIdriver
Major
United_States
16

 
GIdriver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 C63 AMG P31
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Somewhere in Time


Posts: 1,341
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Obviously the number of DCT owners are more, it is because there a lot of soccer moms and people who don't have the skills to drive manual.
.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #19
ibmike
What the Hell ?
United_States
16

 
ibmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 e92 DCT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Michigan


Posts: 1,518
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
Been watching your posts for a couple of years and let me state something quite obvious - you're a complete idiot.
ROFL. These trans post always get everyone so fired up, its funny as hell, Plus we all really know the DCT is the Alpha Trans.
__________________
Life's a Bitch,Just make sure that Bitch is Beautiful.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #20
Vic311
Banned
United_States
17

 
Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY


Posts: 1,469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ///M3 RD View Post
How is this even possible? Total production for 5 years is only 57,627? Something is not adding up here.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #21
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
United_States
10

 
M3forMe's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 E92 - AW
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orange


Posts: 531
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post
Less MT cars will mean MT cars will be harder to find. .
And harder to sell since every major race car and exotic manufacturer is going away from MT and they are becoming obsolete. Mmmmm greatest race car eer the GT3 is even getting out of MT.
__________________

2013 AW/BLK - DCT, Comp/Cold/Prem
Mods - IND Beauty kit, CF Roundels, CF Splitters, AiB Angel Eyes, EAS Exhaust Tips! B&G lowering springs
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #22
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
117

 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'


Posts: 4,753
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ///M3 RD View Post
So 37.3% MT and 62.7% DCT. If this is accurate my prediction of 60/40 ration DCT/MT was damn close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3forMe View Post
.....Mmmmm greatest race car eer the GT3 is even getting out of MT.
You say that like its a good thing? Chris Harris would disagree....

__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST