BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

GetBMWParts

08-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #111
KennyPowers
Brigadier General

Drives: .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
I will NEVER understand why the world thinks Audi has the best interiors. They look dated, cheap, cluttered, ugly red lighting everywhere, fugly steering wheel, really ugly dash etc. It's a giant frustrating mystery to me. A perfect BMW interior to me would be a modern driver oriented center taller stack (kinda like porsche) with an integrated scren, one piece seats with a lot of bolstering and a clean instrument cluster. Not really rocket science.
A very close friend has an rs5 and I had an m3.

No one would say that the BMW interior was nicer than the rs5. The tech and materials are much better, and most would think the design is too.

I prefer the more hard edged driving dynamics of the m3, but the rs5 does best the m3 in some categories.
      08-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #112
Edward
Colonel

Drives: 2013 E92 ZCP

^ That's what I'm saying. Maybe I'm just not normal. I do think a base 328 interior is so crappy, but the A5/S5/RS5 is hardly a nice interior to me. I think one of the nicest interiors I've been inside in a while was a new Cayenne GTS.
Edward is offline   United_States
      08-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #113
dj_dub
NoFüknJoke

Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
Dreamcar of mine.
ESS Tune | BMC Filter | RPI X-Pipe & Scoops | Akrapovic w/CF Tips | MS Pulleys | WPC Bearings w/ARP Bolts | KW S/O | Dinan CF Strut Braces | Varrstoen ES1 | Hankook V12 | Verstraβe Spacers | Hardwired V1 | Perf Elec Steering Wheel V2 | F10 M5 Shift Knob | OEM CF Trim | BMWPedals.com | Arkym CF Front Lip | Forcewerkz CF SS Extensions | OEM CF Spoiler | AutoTecknic Matte Black Kidneys & Hood Vents - CF Fender Grilles | 3M Black Roof
dj_dub is offline   Philippines
      08-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #114
M3ZCP6MT
Captain

Drives: 381 ///M3

2013 ///M3 vs. 2013 RS5
Great article.

http://www.europeancarweb.com/featur...3/viewall.html

/// M3 + 6MT + ZCP + ///MPE = A Healthy Addiction ///
      08-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #115
davesaddiction
is fast cars

Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ZCP6MT View Post
2013 ///M3 vs. 2013 RS5
Great article.
Thanks!

"But it's not all about numbers. The M3 simply feels more agile, more involving. There's a purity to its driving characteristics that allow you to brake later, turn-in sharper, accelerate harder. There's more feedback from the steering and tires. It invites you to find the edge of the envelope and rewards with a satisfying drive. It's better in transition and more exciting on exiting a turn."

"You can keep your Porsches and Ferraris; in my opinion, these might be the best cars in the world. Both take you to a place few can match, with a practicality and convenience to make them genuine daily drivers. They're cars you fall in love with, rather than a means of transport. They deserve enthusiast owners who can exploit their enormous potential and neither is the wrong decision; simply one is more right than the other."
davesaddiction is online now   United_States
      08-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #116
M3ZCP6MT
Captain

M3 vs. RS5 vs. C63 vs. Boxster S

Great article from Automobile Magazine.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...n/viewall.html

08-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #117
SlowSaloonM3
Major General

Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Great article from Automobile Magazine.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...n/viewall.html
price as tested: AMG $89k and Boxster S $90k?!?!? no thanks.
      08-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #118
M3ZCP6MT
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
price as tested: AMG $89k and Boxster S $90k?!?!? no thanks.

08-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #119
bryder

Drives: BMW M3 E93 Convertible

Quote:
We all Love our E9X M3s. But why over such strong competitions and newer models?
One word... handling!

The M3 is not the most modern, quickest or sophisticated in it's class but is dynamically brilliant and the most fun you can have driving without spending twice as much money.

If I wanted straight-line speed the M3 probably wouldn't make my top 10, but for day-to-day use on British roads and pure driving fun very few cars come close.

Audi RS4 and RS5 are very competent but I find them a bit nose-heavy and I just don't find Audis as much fun to drive (except the R8, which is a completely different beast).

C63 AMG is incredibly powerful and sounds immense but the handling is atrocious!

Can't pretend I know the Cadillac at all since we don't tend to see them here in the UK but I'd guess it's "typically American" so probably more of the above.

Other cars I considered before buying the M3:-

BMW M6 : I owned a 2006 M6 before the M3 so a new M6 was high on the list. I loved the M6 but fancied a change and just don't think the new M6 is twice as good as the M3, despite costing twice as much. Had the new M6 been another naturally aspirated V10 I might have dug deeper and "upgraded".

Nissan GTR : incredibly clever - too clever! I can understand exactly why people love them and they're an excellent track car but I find them lacking engagement and the ride too hard for British roads.

Porsche GT3 : for a track car I'd go for the GT3 over the M3 everytime. It's just too uncompromising and impractical for me to live with for every day use.

Audi R8 : I prefer the R8 to the M3 but I could not justify the considerably higher price for something which is less practical and would probably end up spending more time in the garage and putting the miles on our 4x4.
bryder is offline   United Kingdom
      08-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #120
SlowSaloonM3
Major General

Quote:
haha yes for 90k ill get the m4 LOL.
      08-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #121
M3ZCP6MT
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryder View Post
One word... handling!

The M3 is not the most modern, quickest or sophisticated in it's class but is dynamically brilliant and the most fun you can have driving without spending twice as much money.

If I wanted straight-line speed the M3 probably wouldn't make my top 10, but for day-to-day use on British roads and pure driving fun very few cars come close.

Audi RS4 and RS5 are very competent but I find them a bit nose-heavy and I just don't find Audis as much fun to drive (except the R8, which is a completely different beast).

C63 AMG is incredibly powerful and sounds immense but the handling is atrocious!

Can't pretend I know the Cadillac at all since we don't tend to see them here in the UK but I'd guess it's "typically American" so probably more of the above.

Other cars I considered before buying the M3:-

BMW M6 : I owned a 2006 M6 before the M3 so a new M6 was high on the list. I loved the M6 but fancied a change and just don't think the new M6 is twice as good as the M3, despite costing twice as much. Had the new M6 been another naturally aspirated V10 I might have dug deeper and "upgraded".

Nissan GTR : incredibly clever - too clever! I can understand exactly why people love them and they're an excellent track car but I find them lacking engagement and the ride too hard for British roads.

Porsche GT3 : for a track car I'd go for the GT3 over the M3 everytime. It's just too uncompromising and impractical for me to live with for every day use.

Audi R8 : I prefer the R8 to the M3 but I could not justify the considerably higher price for something which is less practical and would probably end up spending more time in the garage and putting the miles on our 4x4.

Great input.

08-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #122
M三
Private

Drives: to work Monday - Friday

I test drove both the RS5 and the C63.

I like the RS5's front lights but all the controls in the cabin seem too busy. Lots of power off the line but the steering is not as good as the M3.

C63's torque can be addicting, but somehow, it feels more of a muscle car than a refined sports car.

CTS-V, sedan looks good but the coupe is NOT pretty and I can't justify myself in spending $65k + for an American car.

The M3 to me feels a lot more "fluid", it seems to engage the driver to become "one". I had a hard time deciding between the DCT and the 6MT though. I picked the DCT and sometimes I wish I have the stick, except in traffic
M三 is offline   United_States
      08-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #123
OilPatch
First Lieutenant

Drives: VW TDi & BMW M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 VW Jetta TDI  [0.00]
I've never been much of a Cadillac fan, but I've heard pretty good things about the new ones.
      08-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #124
gymtime
Private First Class

Drives: BMW M3

I drove them all except the Cadillac

CTS-V = I just can't drive a GM product

C63 = Love the sound and how the exhaust just roars on start up. But the shape of the coupe looks like a Honda Accord to me and the gas mileage is even worse than the M3

Audi RS5 = Very nice car, especially the interior, but something didn't do it for me when driving it. Not a fan of the look either. I thought it looked awesome in pictures but in person I wasn't impressed

M3 felt just right
      08-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #125
Endless619
DHS

Drives: bmw x5, m3, Acura TL

I bought mine as a comfort car, not as a performance car. I have owned previous generations.

If I want real performance I would be a couple classes above BMW.

But to make due I threw on some easy to get parts and be done with it.
Endless619 is offline   Spain
      08-21-2013, 02:10 AM   #126
M3ZCP6MT
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymtime View Post
... the shape of the C63 coupe looks like a Honda Accord ...
I agree.

08-21-2013, 03:33 AM   #127
SlowSaloonM3
Major General

Because this. (For all you guys who dont ever go to the track forum - which is btw an abomination as an owner of this car)

08-21-2013, 07:54 AM   #128
davesaddiction
is fast cars

Quote:
Because this. (For all you guys who dont ever go to the track forum - which is btw an abomination as an owner of this car)
Ha! I sense a theme - here's a quick clip from my last time at my local track:

08-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #129
e92livin
Captain

Drives: M3

RS5 - Looks great! But not performance driven enough
C63- Will never put the power down like a M3
CTS-V- I think its junk, imo
M3- Perfect and never fails to excite me.

Iv'e driven a C63 before, I really did like the intoxicating amounts of torque. It just didn't put the power down like my M3 and you could feel a big difference between the suspension tuning in both cars by a long-shot.
|Gintani Supercharged|Gintani X-Pipe|Stack Gauges|Volk TE37SL|BC Racing Coilovers|Hankook RS-3 |BMW Performance Spoiler|BMW Performance Steering Wheel|BMW Performance Side Gills + Grilles|Mode Carbon Variant 2 Splitter|IND Tri- Stitched Shift + Brake Boot|
e92livin is offline   Canada
      08-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #130
SlowSaloonM3
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
Ha! I sense a theme - here's a quick clip from my last time at my local track:

HAHA - did he think that he was so badass that he needed neon green painters tape? I guess it did work out for him though.
      08-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #131
davesaddiction
is fast cars

Quote:
HAHA - did he think that he was so badass that he needed neon green painters tape? I guess it did work out for him though.
I guess. He actually was able to put down some pretty fast laps in the end (but left early - forget if he boiled his brake fluid or what...). We actually had three E90s out there that day - mine and the two in the video - we all work in the same building and drove out together. They were both DCT and were the two fastest (small mid-week event).
      08-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #132
SlowSaloonM3
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction
Quote:
I guess. He actually was able to put down some pretty fast laps in the end (but left early - forget if he boiled his brake fluid or what...). We actually had three E90s out there that day - mine and the two in the video - we all work in the same building and drove out together. They were both DCT and were the two fastest (small mid-week event).
Nice - at my work i see a vo 1m coupe, a black e90 m3 with dinan exhaust but dont know who they are. Buddy in my dept has a tuned 135i but the youngster is too busy getting drunk to ever come out with me on the weekend. Must be nice!