BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #89
Alex07M3
Banned
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

Posts: 1,972
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 e92 M3  [5.00]
While we're at it, here's mine!

Still a work in progress but for now, I'm ready for winter!! ))
Attached Images
 
Alex07M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 02:56 AM   #90
fusionchicken
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: LS3 Z51 C6
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: socal

Posts: 354
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
While we're at it, here's mine!

Still a work in progress but for now, I'm ready for winter!! ))
Have fun!
fusionchicken is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #91
EvolutionX
New Member
 
Drives: Evolution X
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
At some point though, its about the class of car not the performance. I dont understand the school of "gtr is better than (insert exotic here)" because its faster lol
When or if it ever becomes about the class of the car is up to the individual. At 42 I went from cars considered somewhat classy (Range Rover and BMW) to the Evo. I was bored. Even though I live in materialistic South OC and I at one time believed I needed a certain badge on the hood to feel good about myself and for others to view me in a better light (although the cars I bought I liked them for more than the badge, but the badge helped.) Then I test drove the Evo and realized its about me and me only. Not what anybody else thinks. I get it from people at work with BMW and Mercs. Asking me is a sarcastic way "How old are you?" But the car is such a blast that I don't care. Don't cars if girls don't like it. I can get them with my personality. If all they care about is the car, they are going to be a pain in the rear anyways.

The GTR is amazing car for the price. It seems to defy physics and they have always had a cult like following like the Evo. Sure I would love a Enzo or La Ferrari but is that realistic compared to the GTR?

Class is in the eye of the beholder and some of us are done looking for class, we want Raw.
EvolutionX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #92
pkimM3r
Banned
 
pkimM3r's Avatar
 
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

Posts: 7,321
iTrader: (0)

Maybe i said it wrong. Not class, moreso quality of build and the engineering. Ppl are taking this the wrong way too much. Lol.

I loved my evo ix and it ripped aprt roads and 95% of the cars out there and surprised many in their superior cars. But i love my m3 that much more. Plus dont want awd anymore, although i did get to big bear faster than most
pkimM3r is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #93
pkimM3r
Banned
 
pkimM3r's Avatar
 
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

Posts: 7,321
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
At some point though, its about the class of car not the performance. I dont understand the school of "gtr is better than (insert exotic here)" because its faster lol
When or if it ever becomes about the class of the car is up to the individual. At 42 I went from cars considered somewhat classy (Range Rover and BMW) to the Evo. I was bored. Even though I live in materialistic South OC and I at one time believed I needed a certain badge on the hood to feel good about myself and for others to view me in a better light (although the cars I bought I liked them for more than the badge, but the badge helped.) Then I test drove the Evo and realized its about me and me only. Not what anybody else thinks. I get it from people at work with BMW and Mercs. Asking me is a sarcastic way "How old are you?" But the car is such a blast that I don't care. Don't cars if girls don't like it. I can get them with my personality. If all they care about is the car, they are going to be a pain in the rear anyways.

The GTR is amazing car for the price. It seems to defy physics and they have always had a cult like following like the Evo. Sure I would love a Enzo or La Ferrari but is that realistic compared to the GTR?

Class is in the eye of the beholder and some of us are done looking for class, we want Raw.
Are you on socalevo dot net?
pkimM3r is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #94
dmk08
///Maniac
 
dmk08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 2,519
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
To me an EVO is like a teenager/early 20s car. Not in the same class as the M3 as far as 'status'. I wouldn't want to pick up a girl in an EVO.
dmk08 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #95
EvolutionX
New Member
 
Drives: Evolution X
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Maybe i said it wrong. Not class, moreso quality of build and the engineering. Ppl are taking this the wrong way too much. Lol.

I loved my evo ix and it ripped aprt roads and 95% of the cars out there and surprised many in their superior cars. But i love my m3 that much more. Plus dont want awd anymore, although i did get to big bear faster than most
I'm not taking it personal. Just pointing out that each of us seaks out what we like. So "class" may be something we don't care about. Class is also different to different people. Build quality? If that comes into play we would have to discount everything ever made by America. Lol

Funny thing is I have been waiting for my Evo to rattle. Rattle = race car. 41k miles and it won't rattle except the change in the center.

I think it has been said here before that the M3 is a great compromise between luxury and performance. That's an excellent selling point for some. For me "no compromise" was the selling point.

Point is only that everybody buys a car for their own reason.
EvolutionX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #96
EvolutionX
New Member
 
Drives: Evolution X
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Are you on socalevo dot net?
Yes but I spend more time on Evox bad Evom.
EvolutionX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #97
rev9k
Banned
 
Drives: e90 m3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: FL

Posts: 321
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
To me an EVO is like a teenager/early 20s car. Not in the same class as the M3 as far as 'status'. I wouldn't want to pick up a girl in an EVO.

you must be ugly then
rev9k is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #98
EvolutionX
New Member
 
Drives: Evolution X
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

What the heck. Here is mine. Still working on ride height. Just had coilovers installed. May be a little too low since I seemed to hit every rock, no matter how small it appeared to be, on our canyon run last Saturday.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by EvolutionX; 11-20-2013 at 12:00 PM.
EvolutionX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #99
speedaddictM3
Banned
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Canada

Posts: 264
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Maybe i said it wrong. Not class, moreso quality of build and the engineering.
You mean like all those Ferraris that keep spontaneously combusting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
To me an EVO is like a teenager/early 20s car. Not in the same class as the M3 as far as 'status'. I wouldn't want to pick up a girl in an EVO.
Why does everyone keeps saying the EVO is for teenagers and early 20's guys? I haven't met many younger guys who can afford the over $40k asking price.

BTW, there is nothing about an M3 that says "status" anymore. Early models like 2008 and 2009 have depreciated enough that they are actually cheaper than a brand new EVO. I guess we're gonna see them all over the place now being driven by teenagers and early 20's dudes
speedaddictM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #100
lsal
We are all Longwong
 
lsal's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Frozen Blue
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cambridge, MA

Posts: 833
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
Love the Evo! Ended up with a few STis before my E92 primarily due to price, but was always secretly coveting an Evo.
lsal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #101
EvolutionX
New Member
 
Drives: Evolution X
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Some BMW and Mercedes guys at work went to the "yea well your Evo is worthless 10 years from now" argument. So I did the research the best I could comparing a 10 year old Evo to a 10 year old BMW costing about the same. Hard to get exact because BMW has many upgrades. But what I found was the BMW had a much higher depreciation than the Evo.

Could be just that there aren't as many Evo's. But depreciation isn't all bad. For those that like to but used, it's great.


Quote:
Originally Posted by speedaddictM3 View Post
You mean like all those Ferraris that keep spontaneously combusting?


Why does everyone keeps saying the EVO is for teenagers and early 20's guys? I haven't met many younger guys who can afford the over $40k asking price.

BTW, there is nothing about an M3 that says "status" anymore. Early models like 2008 and 2009 have depreciated enough that they are actually cheaper than a brand new EVO. I guess we're gonna see them all over the place now being driven by teenagers and early 20's dudes
EvolutionX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #102
dmk08
///Maniac
 
dmk08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 2,519
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedaddictM3 View Post
You mean like all those Ferraris that keep spontaneously combusting?


Why does everyone keeps saying the EVO is for teenagers and early 20's guys? I haven't met many younger guys who can afford the over $40k asking price.

BTW, there is nothing about an M3 that says "status" anymore. Early models like 2008 and 2009 have depreciated enough that they are actually cheaper than a brand new EVO. I guess we're gonna see them all over the place now being driven by teenagers and early 20's dudes
I drove a 40k car in my early 20s. I do expect to see lots of them being driven by the younger crowd now.
dmk08 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #103
dmk08
///Maniac
 
dmk08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 2,519
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughs65e90 View Post
you must be ugly then
Not as ugly as an EVO.
dmk08 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #104
speedaddictM3
Banned
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Canada

Posts: 264
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionX View Post
Some BMW and Mercedes guys at work went to the "yea well your Evo is worthless 10 years from now" argument. So I did the research the best I could comparing a 10 year old Evo to a 10 year old BMW costing about the same. Hard to get exact because BMW has many upgrades. But what I found was the BMW had a much higher depreciation than the Evo.

Could be just that there aren't as many Evo's. But depreciation isn't all bad. For those that like to but used, it's great.
No doubt German cars depreciate hard as they age. BMW, Merc, Audi. All the same. A big part of that is because of their notoriety as unreliable and expensive to fix and maintain, especially with older cars out of warranty.
speedaddictM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #105
EvolutionX
New Member
 
Drives: Evolution X
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Not as ugly as an EVO.
Well the last thing you want is a girl to think your car is "cute". You won't be getting that with an Evo. Lol
EvolutionX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #106
dmk08
///Maniac
 
dmk08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 2,519
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionX View Post
Well the last thing you want is a girl to think your car is "cute". You won't be getting that with an Evo. Lol
Explain all the S2000 drivers on this forum.. lol

I like the EVOs performance and think they are cool for what they are blah blah. Maybe I live in some rich area and I didn't know it but its a very common car for that age group.

I myself feel I have gotten too old for the 3 series so I'll be moving up to Godzilla.
dmk08 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #107
EvolutionX
New Member
 
Drives: Evolution X
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

I can't, just like I can't explain guys in Miata's, Smart Cars, Mini, or Jettas. Lol to each their own I guess is my only way of explaining it.

I guess I'm lucky. I don't have that part of the brain that tells me I'm too old or too young for something. Besides, it's based on societal norms and society as a group is, well I can't say here.

I live in the Newport Beach, Irvine area. There is A LOT of money around here. I see maybe 1 Evo a week. BMW's, Merc and Audi's are EVERYWHERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Explain all the S2000 drivers on this forum.. lol

I like the EVOs performance and think they are cool for what they are blah blah. Maybe I live in some rich area and I didn't know it but its a very common car for that age group.

I myself feel I have gotten too old for the 3 series so I'll be moving up to Godzilla.
EvolutionX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #108
dmk08
///Maniac
 
dmk08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 2,519
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionX View Post
I can't, just like I can't explain guys in Miata's, Smart Cars, Mini, or Jettas. Lol to each their own I guess is my only way of explaining it.

I guess I'm lucky. I don't have that part of the brain that tells me I'm too old or too young for something. Besides, it's based on societal norms and society as a group is, well I can't say here.

I live in the Newport Beach, Irvine area. There is A LOT of money around here. I see maybe 1 Evo a week. BMW's, Merc and Audi's are EVERYWHERE.
When you start feeling like the old guy @ a club when you go to car events....
dmk08 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #109
EvolutionX
New Member
 
Drives: Evolution X
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
When you start feeling like the old guy @ a club when you go to car events....
Lol I know I'm the old guy if I really dwell on it but most of the time it doesn't cross my mind. Maybe I'm good at denial?
EvolutionX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #110
pkimM3r
Banned
 
pkimM3r's Avatar
 
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

Posts: 7,321
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Maybe i said it wrong. Not class, moreso quality of build and the engineering. Ppl are taking this the wrong way too much. Lol.

I loved my evo ix and it ripped aprt roads and 95% of the cars out there and surprised many in their superior cars. But i love my m3 that much more. Plus dont want awd anymore, although i did get to big bear faster than most
I'm not taking it personal. Just pointing out that each of us seaks out what we like. So "class" may be something we don't care about. Class is also different to different people. Build quality? If that comes into play we would have to discount everything ever made by America. Lol

Funny thing is I have been waiting for my Evo to rattle. Rattle = race car. 41k miles and it won't rattle except the change in the center.

I think it has been said here before that the M3 is a great compromise between luxury and performance. That's an excellent selling point for some. For me "no compromise" was the selling point.

Point is only that everybody buys a car for their own reason.
Thats why i dont care about american cars! Lol.

I love jdm and german cars.

My e90 pays homage to jdm because while everyone does the blue angel eyes, i did yellow, a la all my hondas and my evo LOL
pkimM3r is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST