BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source

08-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
howardwasp

Drives: 2008 e90 M3

Help pls! Aux input greyed out from idrive menu

Just purchased a 2008 e90 M3, trying to make it work to use the Aux input port to listen music with the Y cable (usb and Aux port at the center armrest)

Connected the Y cable with my iphone, and trying to select Aux input from idrive menu. The menu from screen is greyed out and I cannot select it.

I am not sure if my car does not have the required options? The car seems to have Technology package (told by previous owner). I think this package would enable this features to enable to iphone integration? or it is just my misconception?

Or if there is something malfunction with some parts of the vehicle that I need to fix.

I am wondering if anyone here would have any idea how I can trouble shoot this problem. I was trying to see if this could be a fuse problem, but I have no idea which one(s) would be the fuse to look at.

Please help!!

2008 BMW E90 M3
Technology Package,
CCC idrive
      08-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
CoronazonaM3
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2008 E93

Should work for you. As long as your IPhone is on. I've used the AUX for awhile but it gets annoying having it hooked up (only use it when I want to listen to Pandora) I copied all my music from I tunes on a USB flashdrive. That way I can use the display screen to search for music. The Aux you have to use your iPhone to choose music.