BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-19-2013, 03:04 AM   #155
Maddict3
Captain
 
Maddict3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 MW M4
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Miami

Posts: 830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
You couldn't be more wrong.
+1
Maddict3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #156
mattixxg
MKIV
 
Drives: 4 wheels
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The track

Posts: 116
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Yes, because I made the whole story up to be popular on a car board. Dolt.

Just don't like Japanese cars. The GTR is a cool car, but I'm sorry, I'm not spending $100k+ on a Nissan. A GT3 is still considered one of the greatest handling cars in the world and it has the pedigree and decades of proven engineering and innovation. To each his own.
Ok.


I can kill one part of your argument with this comment you made:

"proven engineering and innovation."

When the GTR was initially introduced, its benchmark was the 911 turbo..to out perform it.
It succeeded (At 75-80k lol brand new). Then magazines started upping the anty with higher end Pcars because the base 911 turbo at that time was essentially embarrassed.


"I'm not spending $100k+ on a Nissan."

This is a name brand..badge whore comment. Plain and simple.
Nissan is not Hyundai. Especially with Nissans Racing heritage (Yes, they have one too). Plus..im pretty sure someone who purchases a GTR can afford an M3.


"A GT3 is still considered one of the greatest handling cars in the world"

The GTR is steadying making its way towards that claim.
You harp alot on the GT3 when it wasnt even mentioned in this thread at all. We know you hate hearing any good thing about the GTR, but the GTR isnt going anywhere.

I think it will eventually catch the GT3 in handling.

Magic Johnson was (And Larry Bird) was THE man in the NBA. They were gods. They had pedigree(college, Championships), Went to the lakers, a legendary team, bird the celts..legendary team. They ruled the 80s. They had shoe deals with converse, magic is the best point guard in nba history, bird, one of the best 3pt shooters in nba history, not to mention playmaking etc.



Then came along a guy named "Micheal Jordan".



End of story.

See where im going with this?
mattixxg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #157
Jonjt
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 E92 335i M-sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 483
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Yes, because I made the whole story up to be popular on a car board. Dolt.

Just don't like Japanese cars. The GTR is a cool car, but I'm sorry, I'm not spending $100k+ on a Nissan. A GT3 is still considered one of the greatest handling cars in the world and it has the pedigree and decades of proven engineering and innovation. To each his own.
To each their own. However, Nissan is perfectly capable of engineering technically competent sports cars and race vehicles. At this point, the only real differentiators between the GT-R and similarly performing vehicles are feel and cache.

Don't discount the GT-R just because Nissan makes it. The car is a performer.
Jonjt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #158
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 512
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to mylydiamy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattixxg View Post
Ok.


I can kill one part of your argument with this comment you made:

"proven engineering and innovation."

When the GTR was initially introduced, its benchmark was the 911 turbo..to out perform it.
It succeeded (At 75-80k lol brand new). Then magazines started upping the anty with higher end Pcars because the base 911 turbo at that time was essentially embarrassed.


"I'm not spending $100k+ on a Nissan."

This is a name brand..badge whore comment. Plain and simple.
Nissan is not Hyundai. Especially with Nissans Racing heritage (Yes, they have one too). Plus..im pretty sure someone who purchases a GTR can afford an M3.


"A GT3 is still considered one of the greatest handling cars in the world"

The GTR is steadying making its way towards that claim.
You harp alot on the GT3 when it wasnt even mentioned in this thread at all. We know you hate hearing any good thing about the GTR, but the GTR isnt going anywhere.

I think it will eventually catch the GT3 in handling.

Magic Johnson was (And Larry Bird) was THE man in the NBA. They were gods. They had pedigree(college, Championships), Went to the lakers, a legendary team, bird the celts..legendary team. They ruled the 80s. They had shoe deals with converse, magic is the best point guard in nba history, bird, one of the best 3pt shooters in nba history, not to mention playmaking etc.



Then came along a guy named "Micheal Jordan".



End of story.

See where im going with this?
I love your analogy
mylydiamy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #159
Haywood
Captain
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 910
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattixxg View Post
Ok.


I can kill one part of your argument with this comment you made:

"proven engineering and innovation."

When the GTR was initially introduced, its benchmark was the 911 turbo..to out perform it.
It succeeded (At 75-80k lol brand new). Then magazines started upping the anty with higher end Pcars because the base 911 turbo at that time was essentially embarrassed.


"I'm not spending $100k+ on a Nissan."

This is a name brand..badge whore comment. Plain and simple.
Nissan is not Hyundai. Especially with Nissans Racing heritage (Yes, they have one too). Plus..im pretty sure someone who purchases a GTR can afford an M3.


"A GT3 is still considered one of the greatest handling cars in the world"

The GTR is steadying making its way towards that claim.
You harp alot on the GT3 when it wasnt even mentioned in this thread at all. We know you hate hearing any good thing about the GTR, but the GTR isnt going anywhere.

I think it will eventually catch the GT3 in handling.

Magic Johnson was (And Larry Bird) was THE man in the NBA. They were gods. They had pedigree(college, Championships), Went to the lakers, a legendary team, bird the celts..legendary team. They ruled the 80s. They had shoe deals with converse, magic is the best point guard in nba history, bird, one of the best 3pt shooters in nba history, not to mention playmaking etc.



Then came along a guy named "Micheal Jordan".



End of story.

See where im going with this?
Wow. End of story. Quite impressed with yourself.

First, I didn't buy a M3 because of the badge. I've owned American muscle cars in the 70's that I've tuned. I'm not a 20 year old. I also had an '06 300C SRT-8 that I tuned and put on VIR. And had (2) 135i's after that. I don't give a shit about the name. My comment on the Nissan brand is that if I had $100k to spend, it wouldn't be on a GT-R. Again, that's my preference. I never said the car was inferior, from everything I've read, it performs well. It's also AWD. Again, I driven Audi's on the track and didn't like it. The same argument goes for a Corvette. It has destroyed cars costing 4-5x more, but I wouldn't own one. Not just my opinion, but it is considered the best bang for your buck.

The Porsche has years of experience performing on the track with the GT3. I highly doubt the GT-R will catch and surpass it. Do you really think Porsche will allow to happen? But, of course, you'll have another analogy to prove me wrong. I'll just say in advance that you're smarter than me.
__________________
2013 M3 - Mineral White, Carbon Fiber Roof, Competition, Cold Weather, Premium, 6MT, BPM Stage 2 Tune, MS Stage 2 Intake, ESS Test Pipes, M Performance Wheel
Haywood is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #160
mattixxg
MKIV
 
Drives: 4 wheels
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The track

Posts: 116
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Wow. End of story. Quite impressed with yourself.

First, I didn't buy a M3 because of the badge. I've owned American muscle cars in the 70's that I've tuned. I'm not a 20 year old. I also had an '06 300C SRT-8 that I tuned and put on VIR. And had (2) 135i's after that. I don't give a shit about the name. My comment on the Nissan brand is that if I had $100k to spend, it wouldn't be on a GT-R. Again, that's my preference. I never said the car was inferior, from everything I've read, it performs well. It's also AWD. Again, I driven Audi's on the track and didn't like it. The same argument goes for a Corvette. It has destroyed cars costing 4-5x more, but I wouldn't own one. Not just my opinion, but it is considered the best bang for your buck.

The Porsche has years of experience performing on the track with the GT3. I highly doubt the GT-R will catch and surpass it. Do you really think Porsche will allow to happen? But, of course, you'll have another analogy to prove me wrong. I'll just say in advance that you're smarter than me.
Ok, i can see where the where the badgewhore comment caused some butthurtness. I shouldn't have said that.

As far as my analogies go, if you couldnt see the point i was trying to make with Magic and Bird, then youll NEVER see my point.

Im beginning to see some of what you are saying which directs my response to something else in your rebuttal.

You said,

"The Porsche has years of experience performing on the track with the GT3. I highly doubt the GT-R will catch and surpass it. Do you really think Porsche will allow to happen?"

They did with the 911 turbo....

Again, that was their benchmark. Their base.
Its a mighty bold comment to say what you feel these companies WONT do.

Now that the GTR is rising in price and performance and cost, the sky is the limit as they are moving away from the GTR being the affordable super car.
mattixxg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #161
Haywood
Captain
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 910
iTrader: (4)

2013 Motor Trend's Best Driver's Car

GT-R 6th - Cayman - 5th - 911S - 1st. Just sayin'...

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p..._r_track_.html

Very respectable, though. I'm sure Nissan will pass Porsche one day to win this.
__________________
2013 M3 - Mineral White, Carbon Fiber Roof, Competition, Cold Weather, Premium, 6MT, BPM Stage 2 Tune, MS Stage 2 Intake, ESS Test Pipes, M Performance Wheel
Haywood is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #162
Z K
Colonel
 
Z K's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 2,085
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
GT-R 6th - Cayman - 5th - 911S - 1st. Just sayin'...

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p..._r_track_.html

Very respectable, though. I'm sure Nissan will pass Porsche one day to win this.
You also know the GT-R was faster than most of the cars that were rated higher than it in the comparison. That's what the car is, it is a rocket built for speed. If you want refinement and balance, look elsewhere. The Motor Trend article is about that balance so of course it won't come in high.
__________________
Auto Detailing Enthusiast!
Z K is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #163
Haywood
Captain
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 910
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
You also know the GT-R was faster than most of the cars that were rated higher than it in the comparison. That's what the car is, it is a rocket built for speed. If you want refinement and balance, look elsewhere. The Motor Trend article is about that balance so of course it won't come in high.
That was my point earlier. It is amazing car for what it is designed to do. I give Nissan a lot of credit. I never said the car sucked. But, at this point in my life, I would want more refinement and pedigree and RWD in a track car.
__________________
2013 M3 - Mineral White, Carbon Fiber Roof, Competition, Cold Weather, Premium, 6MT, BPM Stage 2 Tune, MS Stage 2 Intake, ESS Test Pipes, M Performance Wheel
Haywood is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #164
Haywood
Captain
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 910
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Although I love the GT-R, I seriously doubt that Nissan will ever pull this off.
That was sarcasm.
__________________
2013 M3 - Mineral White, Carbon Fiber Roof, Competition, Cold Weather, Premium, 6MT, BPM Stage 2 Tune, MS Stage 2 Intake, ESS Test Pipes, M Performance Wheel
Haywood is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #165
whats77inaname
Banned
 
Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

Posts: 1,740
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattixxg View Post
Then came along a guy named "Micheal Jordan".

End of story.

See where im going with this?
Yeah, you don't know how to spell the G.O.A.T.'s name. *smh*
whats77inaname is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #166
F1Venom
Captain
 
Drives: ZCP E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 770
iTrader: (0)

Out of all the cars I see on my drives, few garner as much of my attention as the GT-R. I love their looks and for their price, they can't be beat. That said, I'd take a slightly used C63 BS for $108k over a new GTR but I saw my first BS on the road today and can't stop thinking about it. Haha
F1Venom is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2013, 02:15 AM   #167
lsal
We are all Longwong
 
lsal's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Frozen Blue
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cambridge, MA

Posts: 832
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattixxg View Post
Then came along a guy named "Micheal Jordan".

End of story.

See where im going with this?
Yeah, you don't know how to spell the G.O.A.T.'s name. *smh*
Lol
lsal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #168
CSanto
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York

Posts: 1,842
iTrader: (1)

100k War is tight. GTR, 991 C2S, C63 Black...Damn

Loaded M4 with ceramics will be what? 90?
CSanto is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #169
mattixxg
MKIV
 
Drives: 4 wheels
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The track

Posts: 116
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Yeah, you don't know how to spell the G.O.A.T.'s name. *smh*
My bad.
mattixxg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #170
F1Venom
Captain
 
Drives: ZCP E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 770
iTrader: (0)

For most fun, IMO: C63 BS>991C2S=GTR
F1Venom is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #171
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 10|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,195
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
For most fun, IMO: C63 BS>991C2S=GTR
is that hooliganism? c63 just burns out everywhere.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #172
F1Venom
Captain
 
Drives: ZCP E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 770
iTrader: (0)

Most people don't track their cars and neither do I. I wish that I could be I only have a dragstrip and the nearest track is ~200 miles away. So I'd like a car that can be used to as close to its fullest extent on the roads. GTRs and 911s have too high a limit and one that's certainly unattainable on public roads. A C63 BS is nuts at 40 MPH if you want it to be. I have an M3 because it's a great DD with an amazing V8 and superb handling. I firmly believe a C63 BS is more fun than either an M3, GTR, and 911 on public roads.
Though changing tires every 10k miles can get frustrating, lol.
F1Venom is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2013, 02:29 AM   #173
-Wingman-
Lieutenant
 
-Wingman-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e92 M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas

Posts: 493
iTrader: (2)

Oh, what a surprise. I didn't think there would be any butt hurt Porsche phaggs in a gtr thread...
-Wingman- is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #174
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,747
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJmGkWRYWrk

__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #175
kozzi
Pygocentrus Piraya
 
kozzi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 BMW X3 35i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
oh wait...they drive by themselves but no hands free?
__________________
kozzi

2015 BMW F25 35i M-Sport
Alpine White / M-Sport / Mocha Nevada /Fineline Anthracite / DHP / Adaptive LED / HK Sound / 20" 310M Run-Flats
kozzi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #176
DopeM3
M Power
 
DopeM3's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH

Posts: 1,295
iTrader: (8)

DopeM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST