BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #45
Ezio
Brigadier General
Ezio's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
3,035
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFan85 View Post
bugatti hasnt done anything since ww2 (until vw bought them)
rofl
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #46
NYCM3ryder
Razzor
United_States
6
Rep
514
Posts

 
Drives: JB E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York City

iTrader: (0)

dear god.... the whip lash on that thing from launch control must be AMAZING!!! haha
__________________

2011 E90, 6 speed, technology package, black 220 rims , EDC, moon roof, matt black grills, matte side grills, 15% carbon tints, carbon fiber M pedals, ACS roof wing, IND painted reflectors, mfest black gloss m3badges, Mfest side window stickers, Tuner MS 15mm spacers, Carbon fiber M foot pedals, MS air filter, RPI air scoops, euro switch mod
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #47
Endless619
DHS
Endless619's Avatar
Spain
54
Rep
3,930
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Stock VS stock that Bugatti is 5 football field lengths ahead of this box car.

Lets get back to the basics. The Nissan still looks like shit and some of us can afford them but have chosen not too.

I will say this for the 1000th time; I need performance and looks. The Nissan has only the performance. I would sell it if I was given it free thats how ugly the car is in my eyes.

But I am not here to debate anything just my opinion and its pretty damn accurate.

Last edited by Endless619; 08-01-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #48
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
61
Rep
3,314
Posts

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (11)

Wow. The fastest I've gone is 2.8 in an AWRS 911 Turbo, with 2 passengers and it was scary fast up to 150kph. Can't imagine this thing!!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #49
MA///M3
Banned
United_States
4
Rep
346
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 DCT COUPE
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BOSTON, MA

iTrader: (0)

I find it hard to believe that is will 0-60 2.0 seconds on street tires. However, car is nuts and pretty awesome for $125K.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #50
F1Venom
Captain
26
Rep
902
Posts

 
Drives: ZCP E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

I have never seen a Bugatti in person so I don't really care if it has higher top speeds/whatever. It's also 20X cheaper than the worlds fastest car yet matches its performance. I have yet to experience anything less than 3.x seconds to 60 mph from a standstill, but when I put a CLS63 AMG in launch control mode, I had tunnel vision and my head just went back into the seat from all the torque. The Nismo GTR will give twice that feeling and I WILL experience it. Thankfully I find the exterior striking and awesome so I have no quips about anything.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #51
lsal
We are all Longwong
lsal's Avatar
22
Rep
833
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 Frozen Blue
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cambridge, MA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
Never thought that I would start so much animosity... I love the GT-R, and really hope to own one some day. Hopefully along side my M3
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #52
HuskerFan85
Private
1
Rep
69
Posts

 
Drives: clk320/Elise-SOLD :(
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
rofl
rofl what? They had a concept car in the 90s i think?? I could of sworn they didn't make anything for decades before that
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #53
Z K
Colonel
Z K's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
2,174
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3, MK6 GLI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
I have never seen a Bugatti in person so I don't really care if it has higher top speeds/whatever. It's also 20X cheaper than the worlds fastest car yet matches its performance. I have yet to experience anything less than 3.x seconds to 60 mph from a standstill, but when I put a CLS63 AMG in launch control mode, I had tunnel vision and my head just went back into the seat from all the torque. The Nismo GTR will give twice that feeling and I WILL experience it. Thankfully I find the exterior striking and awesome so I have no quips about anything.
It isn't just the interior. The GT-R makes all sorts of clunking and whirring noises from the transmission and diffs, very loud, rides stiff as hell and the transmission shifts awkwardly at normal speeds. It is like driving a race car... which is why most owners do not daily drive them. I can see why people get turned off driving the GT-R. If you drive the car on the street most of the time, you will be disappointed most of the time. You can buy a Civic and it will be more livable in daily driving.

But as a weekend track toy, it is awesome. I still wished it came in manual transmission though.

And yes, AWD launch is incredible. Even in my previous Evo, you engage launch control and you'll do 0-60 in under 4 seconds... it's the combo of AWD with big torque.
__________________
Auto Detailing Enthusiast!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #54
CSanto
Lieutenant Colonel
35
Rep
1,897
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York

iTrader: (2)

I seriously think the GTR is a true super car, and for 100k its a bargain of one. I will own one someday, if anything else just to see what they're about, my curiosity is piqued.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #55
335iRlz
Major
16
Rep
1,350
Posts

 
Drives: f10m5 gone, m4, GTR, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Under 120k buying! Under 150k the interior better improve a ton lol
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #56
F1Venom
Captain
26
Rep
902
Posts

 
Drives: ZCP E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
Under 120k buying! Under 150k the interior better improve a ton lol
lol, they want to strip it probably and make it even more spartan. I think the Nismo GTR will be priced ~$150k.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #57
SYZ
Lieutenant
SYZ's Avatar
8
Rep
459
Posts

 
Drives: :O
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Scottsdale

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2.0 second 0-60?

I'll believe it when it happens.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #58
LarThaL
Colonel
LarThaL's Avatar
64
Rep
2,633
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West Springfield, MA

iTrader: (0)

The current GTR is already stupid fast. A 2 second 0-60 time will certainly provide a boat load of giggle inducing thrills.

However, anyone who prefers the current M3 over the current GTR, will still prefer it over the Nismo version.

The issue is that none of what makes the GTR so undesirable has anything to do with its performance. And Nissan seemingly has taken no measure to improve on what makes this car so undesirable to many car enthusiasts. It keeps upping the pure performance capabilities of the stock car, without doing anything to improve the subjective characteristics of the car.

At the very least, a car of this caliber should come with the Japan-only EGOIST interior as standard. Also, about 20lbs of sound deadening material will not hinder performance one tiny bit. How about a decent sounding exhaust from the factory, and an adjustable suspension that makes the car livable on the street.

These are all things that can be very easily done without changing the design of the car or its performance capabilities.
__________________
Precision tool: 2011 BMW ///M3
Sledgehammer: 2014 Audi S6

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #59
Edward
Colonel
United_States
38
Rep
2,350
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYZ View Post
2.0 second 0-60?

I'll believe it when it happens.
+1 point
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #60
Haywood
Captain
United_States
21
Rep
925
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fairfax, VA

iTrader: (4)

YMMV... Had to take my car into a Nissan/Infiniti dealership in VA which is owned by the same BMW dealership out of MD. Since I live in VA, the BMW MD dealership couldn't do my inspection. So, the Nissan service dep't did it for free. When I pulled up, I couldn't believe how many sales people and service people came out to comment on my M. You would think I was driving a super car! I thanked them and said, "But, you guys have a bunch of GT-R's out here". To which they replied, "Yes, but there is nothing like the handling and looks of the M3. I would take one over a GT-R any day." Needless to say, I left with a huge smile on my face.
__________________
2013 M3 - Mineral White, Carbon Fiber Roof, Competition, Cold Weather, Premium, 6MT, BPM Stage 2 Tune, MS Stage 2 Intake, ESS Test Pipes, M Performance Wheel
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #61
s65e90
Banned
6
Rep
513
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e90
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SoFlo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
The current GTR is already stupid fast. A 2 second 0-60 time will certainly provide a boat load of giggle inducing thrills.

However, anyone who prefers the current M3 over the current GTR, will still prefer it over the Nismo version.

The issue is that none of what makes the GTR so undesirable has anything to do with its performance. And Nissan seemingly has taken no measure to improve on what makes this car so undesirable to many car enthusiasts. It keeps upping the pure performance capabilities of the stock car, without doing anything to improve the subjective characteristics of the car.

At the very least, a car of this caliber should come with the Japan-only EGOIST interior as standard. Also, about 20lbs of sound deadening material will not hinder performance one tiny bit. How about a decent sounding exhaust from the factory, and an adjustable suspension that makes the car livable on the street.




These are all things that can be very easily done without changing the design of the car or its performance capabilities.


man you are not, def not the person that their looking to buy their car. FYI a GTR w/ exhaust sounds like sex/exotic whatever you want. It really sounds amazing. Secondly, complaining about an interior (that's really not too bad) is silly. I get the car cost $$$ but you're paying for mechaincal parts not comfort. Evo/Vette all the same. If you want a nice interior get an Audi. True gearheads don't give a shit.

FYI the ride is due to run flat tires as well. Changing the tires changes the whole ride
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #62
Jonjt
Lieutenant
5
Rep
497
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E92 335i M-sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
In what? if your not AWD with 800+hp aint no way in hell.
One of these:




The fastest cars can just touch 3 seconds to 60, with either a good driver or launch control.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #63
Ezio
Brigadier General
Ezio's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
3,035
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFan85 View Post
rofl what? They had a concept car in the 90s i think?? I could of sworn they didn't make anything for decades before that
I am laughing at the fact when i said since WW2 you actually thought i meant that.

I thought going back that far people would know i am don't actually mean WW2 LOL. but rather saying Bugatti has beeb king for a while.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #64
dt34
Enlisted Member
dt34's Avatar
0
Rep
30
Posts

 
Drives: Maserati Gran Turismo MC
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Grand Rapids MI

iTrader: (0)

Hmmmm wonder if I buy one of these if I cold beat Farm Truck for the number 10 spot
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #65
HeartMD
Captain
HeartMD's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
653
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
Well obviously but the fact that a non exotic ~$100k Japanese car can beat the Bugatti in 0-60 is all worth gloating about
+1
__________________
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #66
sunsweet
Captain
sunsweet's Avatar
18
Rep
939
Posts

 
Drives: '13 ZCP factory order
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
It isn't just the interior. The GT-R makes all sorts of clunking and whirring noises from the transmission and diffs, very loud, rides stiff as hell and the transmission shifts awkwardly at normal speeds. It is like driving a race car... which is why most owners do not daily drive them. I can see why people get turned off driving the GT-R. If you drive the car on the street most of the time, you will be disappointed most of the time. You can buy a Civic and it will be more livable in daily driving.

But as a weekend track toy, it is awesome. I still wished it came in manual transmission though.

And yes, AWD launch is incredible. Even in my previous Evo, you engage launch control and you'll do 0-60 in under 4 seconds... it's the combo of AWD with big torque.
+1

I just bought my new 2013 ZCP M3 and I had considered a used 2010 GT-R black edition for about the same price but I know I made the right decision for myself. The GT-R owner said exactly the same as you. He always had this big dream of owning a Skyline Nissan and had to buy a GT-R. But then he found out after a year or two of ownership that it was not a fun car to drive if you can look beyond the obsession that is the fastest car on the road or so. The GT-R pretty much drives itself. Being in the driver seat and witnessing the AWD controlling feels like being taken for a ride instead of driving the car, not the same level of involment as an M3 dynamic response, M3 fun and the sense of being one with the car.

PS: The GT-R interior looks like it was designed by a 12 yrs old for a sega game. But that is not the main point but made my decision even easier.

Last edited by sunsweet; 08-01-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST