BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
Detroit M3
Major
Detroit M3's Avatar
13
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: Murdered E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bloomfield Hills

iTrader: (0)

Adams or Menzerna?

Hey guys. I am very fond of detailing and have found myself trying all different types of polishes. After trying full kits from chemical guys, menzerna and adams, i've come to believe that adams is the winner; it's just the easiest to work with and creates the least amount of dust. I would say menzerna is the second best from what I have seen. Not really sure though as sometimes a medium cut with menzerna doesn't do its job as much as adams' would. Anyways just curious to see what polishes small-mid cut that you guys have had the best experience with!
__________________
E92. ModeCarbon. iND. eisenmann. ACM Test Pipe. BPM Sport. KW.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
rjd598
Brigadier General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
4,646
Posts

 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Meguiars, sonax, and menzerna are favorites of many detailers.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
Detroit M3
Major
Detroit M3's Avatar
13
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: Murdered E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bloomfield Hills

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
Meguiars, sonax, and menzerna are favorites of many detailers.
Sweet any specific preferences on interior products?
__________________
E92. ModeCarbon. iND. eisenmann. ACM Test Pipe. BPM Sport. KW.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
rjd598
Brigadier General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
4,646
Posts

 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit M3 View Post
Sweet any specific preferences on interior products?
I use cg inner clean. Does the job for the right price. 1z cockpit interior is a favorite. Others are meguiars interior detailer, Adams interior detailer, and auto finesse spritz. They all get the job done in the same way IMO
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
Detroit M3
Major
Detroit M3's Avatar
13
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: Murdered E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bloomfield Hills

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
I use cg inner clean. Does the job for the right price. 1z cockpit interior is a favorite. Others are meguiars interior detailer, Adams interior detailer, and auto finesse spritz. They all get the job done in the same way IMO
Word. You the man thanks for the tips
__________________
E92. ModeCarbon. iND. eisenmann. ACM Test Pipe. BPM Sport. KW.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
rjd598
Brigadier General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
4,646
Posts

 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit M3 View Post
Word. You the man thanks for the tips
Anytime. If you have any other questions ask away and ill try to help
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
1M_@teewhybs
Lieutenant
1M_@teewhybs's Avatar
8
Rep
590
Posts

 
Drives: E82
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.17]
I'm very fond of the Meguirs advanced line for exterior
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #8
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
18
Rep
1,771
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

iTrader: (1)

I've always heard that certain Adams products are made by CG or simply relabeled. You'll find arguments against that so not sure its true.

Just from browsing for products, always thought that Adams was a bit overpriced especially if its just CG stuff
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #9
dailydriven03
New Member
0
Rep
11
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

I personally like the menzerna line, but always depends on what you're ultimate goal is.

For example, if you're trying to get a mirror like finish on your paint, you will most likely have to use different products to achieve the best outcome
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #10
Chriskm3
Colonel
Chriskm3's Avatar
Canada
28
Rep
2,218
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriven03 View Post
I personally like the menzerna line, but always depends on what you're ultimate goal is.

For example, if you're trying to get a mirror like finish on your paint, you will most likely have to use different products to achieve the best outcome
Fnish is based on type of sealant and or wax used. But paint correction products deliver same results. When done correctly. There is a limit how much oem paint can absorb and many weekend warriors go overboard.
__________________
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #11
Rated ///M Power
My V8 Brings All the Boys to the Yard.
United_States
52
Rep
1,184
Posts

 
Drives: Something
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere

iTrader: (1)

Megs D181
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #12
JR M3
Member
JR M3's Avatar
2
Rep
249
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Sonax is my favorite polish besides swissvax. Nano polish and perfect finish are amazing. Both finish down great, easy to wipe off and create no dust (from what I experienced)
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #13
fastmike
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
263
Posts

 
Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
I've always heard that certain Adams products are made by CG or simply relabeled. You'll find arguments against that so not sure its true.

Just from browsing for products, always thought that Adams was a bit overpriced especially if its just CG stuff
I wouldn't be surprised if CG makes Adams products, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're the same quality or have the same ingredients.

CG stuff isn't necessarily cheap either:

CG Hybrid Spray V7 is $16.99 :
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Quick_De...icants_s/6.htm

The Adam's Quick Detail Spray is $12.99 http://www.detailersdomain.com/Adams...-oz_p_884.html
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #14
Cl0ud7
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
188
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 M3 / 2013 X3 2.8i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Catasauqua, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if CG makes Adams products, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're the same quality or have the same ingredients.

CG stuff isn't necessarily cheap either:

CG Hybrid Spray V7 is $16.99 :
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Quick_De...icants_s/6.htm

The Adam's Quick Detail Spray is $12.99 http://www.detailersdomain.com/Adams...-oz_p_884.html

You're comparing a quick detailer vs a sealant spray? apples and oranges?
__________________
2014 - AW, BMW X1 2.8i
2013 - AW, BMW X3 2.8i
2009 - LmB, BMW M3 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #15
rjd598
Brigadier General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
4,646
Posts

 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cl0ud7 View Post
You're comparing a quick detailer vs a sealant spray? apples and oranges?
true bad comparison. cg's quick detailers are cheaper though
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 01:13 AM   #16
fastmike
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
263
Posts

 
Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
true bad comparison. cg's quick detailers are cheaper though
Ok fair, its apples and oranges. Quick search shows CG QDs are like $8.

I have read good reviews of the Hybrid V7 though
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #17
rjd598
Brigadier General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
4,646
Posts

 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post
Ok fair, its apples and oranges. Quick search shows CG QDs are like $8.

I have read good reviews of the Hybrid V7 though
V7 is loved by many. Can't go wrong
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #18
happos2
Dingleberries
18
Rep
1,183
Posts

 
Drives: Gray E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (3)

Where do you buy the Menzerna products? Do you have to find a local dealer or just through amazon?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #19
JR M3
Member
JR M3's Avatar
2
Rep
249
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by happos2 View Post
Where do you buy the Menzerna products? Do you have to find a local dealer or just through amazon?
I personally buy Menzerna online from Phil at Detailers Domain. They always have great pricing and have constant sales on the other products they carry
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #20
happos2
Dingleberries
18
Rep
1,183
Posts

 
Drives: Gray E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR M3 View Post
I personally buy Menzerna online from Phil at Detailers Domain. They always have great pricing and have constant sales on the other products they carry
I missed it on there. Phil is very helpful as well and would be glad to buy from him. Thanks for the info and setting me straight!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #21
Cl0ud7
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
188
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 M3 / 2013 X3 2.8i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Catasauqua, PA

iTrader: (0)

V7 is amazing. I use it after every wash
__________________
2014 - AW, BMW X1 2.8i
2013 - AW, BMW X3 2.8i
2009 - LmB, BMW M3 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST