BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wheels and Tires Items

ESS Tuning

07-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
M3 Esq
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: Fast

Garage List
FS: BFG g-Force R1 275/35/18 Set of 4

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold
Item Interest
Up for sale is a set of 4 BF Goodrich g-Force R1 tires 275/35/18. They were purchased new from Tire Rack on 7/10/2013 for $1284 plus tax. I have the receipt if anyone wants to see it.

They were used for 7 easy 20 minute sessions over two days of HPDE at Lime Rock (7/12 and 7/15). They were rotated at lunch time. They have not been driven on the street.

This is for the tires only. I am not willing to split the set at this time.

Tires are SOLD

Attached Images

Last edited by M3 Esq; 08-26-2013 at 03:18 PM.
M3 Esq is online now   United_States
      07-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #2
M3 Esq
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
Bump
      07-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
M3 Esq
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
Bump
      07-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #4
M3 Esq
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
Bump
      08-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
M3 Esq
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
Price drop. $700 OBO

Last edited by M3 Esq; 08-02-2013 at 09:31 AM.
      08-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
s65e90
Banned

Drives: 2009 e90

PM me price shipped to 33487
      08-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
M3 Esq
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s65e90
PM me price shipped to 33487
PMed
      08-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #8
M3 Esq
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
All PMs replied. Let's get these sold!
      08-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #9
M3 Esq
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
Bump
      08-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #10
vitiokas95
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2001 M5, 2008 E90 M3, 2010 X5d

My offer still good...
      08-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #11
M3 Esq
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
These are sold! Thanks David.
      08-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #12
NELSON.MLGB
Captain

Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3

Anyone thinking of Boyfriend GoodRich when seeing the brand?or just me lol...
NELSON.MLGB is offline   Canada
      09-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #13
quads
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: bac mono

Well I got ripped off. Tires were in much worse condition that he represented - nothing like those pretty pictures he has in his first post. TWO of the tires are flat spotted. Luckily I snapped some pictures before they were mounted.

He said he ran these tires and "didn't feel comfortable with them" presumably they were beyond his skill level. Well my guess is he either spun or got way sideways because the tires are scrubbed bad enough I can't use two of them due to horrible vibration. The scrubbing is no way in the direction of the tire. Plus the tire had picked up tons of marbles and the flat spots are really pronounced and clear of any marbles. It's dead obvious.

He first said he'll refund me half. Fine. I offered to ship those two back to him. Now he changed his mind and said he had some semi pro friends look at the pictures claiming they see no flat spots - well I'm tired of the hundreds of text messages of his BS so I'm posting them here for you all to take a look. I've tried to work it out with him but there is no end to this...

So you guys judge for youself... can you see the flat spots?

In interest of full disclosure, the tires arrived in my warehouse and sat for two weeks (sealed in package - I opened them personally at the tire shop just before they were mounted). I was overseas so was not able to inspect until two weeks after they arrived.

Also I drove 5 laps before pulling back into the pits to inspect the horrible vibrations at speed. I knew the r comps needed to be warmed up as well as the marbles needed to be rubbed off before any assessment - hence the 5 laps. Scott claims that I've used them already (yes used the used tires) so he can't take them back.

The tires have since been removed from my wheels (new) awaiting resolution from him. Looks like we're not going anywhere. Caveat emptor. I'm not buying anything from him anymore and never picking up used tires no matter how "nice" they are represented to be.
      09-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #14
M3 Esq
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
David, I really don't want to do this with you publicly. Can't we resolve this like adults? You want me to take back a set of tires that you mounted and drove on. There is no way to know that you didn't cause the damage you are complaining of. If you thought there was an issue with them, why didn't you contact me before mounting them? Now there is no way to know.

There were no flat spots on these when I shipped them to you. I never felt the vibration you are describing. I am a pretty active member here and it doesn't make sense that I would try to screw anyone over on here. This is just drama.

Last edited by M3 Esq; 09-04-2013 at 09:20 PM.
      09-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #15
quads
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq. View Post
David, I really don't want to do this with you publicly. Can't we resolve this like adults? You want me to take back a set of tires that you mounted and drove on. There is no way to know that you didn't cause the damage you are complaining of. This is just drama.
You misrepresented the tires here in the forum and sold me bum tires. Thats the story. Anyone who bought the tires from you would have done the same. Just look at the pictures. I have a tech from a reputable performance shop in atlante who mounted them for me can testify. I unpacked them right there in the shop and shot those pictures just before he mounted them. We both noticed the scrubbed surface - didn't think it'd make that much of a difference but they are undrivable on track. They were perfectly balanced but the wheel was bouncing so much and losing traction with each rotation.

I've done enough racing to know what I'm taking about. Bottom line. You misrepresented here and sold me bum tires and are trying to sleaze out of this.

You didn't want to do this? Resolve like adults? Thats what I did... offer to send two or all four back to you so you can scam someone else. I even sent you a draft of my post - and you said post it. You asked for it. I should have known with your "esq" title - I should have known the lawyer double-talk hypocrisy was coming.
      09-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #16
quads
Lieutenant Colonel

Pulling up some old text messages...

Before I sent you the $ I asked you a bunch of questions...

Me: Sure - if you would - take two pictures of each tire of wear holes and pick the hole that is the most shallow. So no camber wear at all? What about flat spots? Did your car have ABS? Sorry for all the questions - I can't buy without details especially sight unseen.
scott: There is no camber wear that I can see but this was my first set of race tires. I'll take pics and let you decide.
scott: I do have abs. I ran them on my E92 m3. No flat spots. They were transported to and from the track so the car never sat on them for any extended periods. Only for the day before being dismounted and driven home

scott: I didn't drive them nearly hard enough. I realized they are way beyond my ability level. That's why I'm selling. FYI
      09-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #17
quads
Lieutenant Colonel

I EXPLICITLY asked if there were flat spots and you clearly said no.
      09-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #18
M3 Esq
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
I EXPLICITLY asked if there were flat spots and you clearly said no.
That is because there were no flat spots. Those pics don't even show flat spots. I wish you would have said something before mounting them. No tire dealer would take them back after mounting and driving, so it is unreasonable for you to ask me to do so. I told you I was willing to work something else out but you went right to the forums in an attempt to pressure me.

I sent you tons of other pics by text and email before you purchased. I offered to Facetime with you so you could view them in real time but you didn't seem interested in that. I did not misrepresent anything - you saw the pics. I had no vibrations or anything like that. These ran fine for me, I was just not comfortable on them like I told you before you bought them. I wouldn't have sold them if I thought they were bad.

This will be my last post on this issue - I would rather not do this with you on the forums.

Last edited by M3 Esq; 09-04-2013 at 09:38 PM.
      09-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #19
quads
Lieutenant Colonel

Looking back are your original post with pictures - these tires look NOTHING like what I got. Your pictures showed very smooth and clean rubber - no marbles at all.

Are you sure you didn't lend them out and let someone else beat on them?

This seriously sucks. I blew 700 on crap tires.

I didn't want to take this public - I even gave you a chance to fix this. You left me no choice.
      09-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #20
quads
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq. View Post
That is because there were no flat spots for the hundredth time! Those pics don't even show flat spots! This will be my last post - I am not doing this with you on the forums.
You gave me the go ahead to post publically and now you back out? Classy.

Look at your first post pictures again. They almost look like two different sets of tires. I think you either snapped those pictures way earlier and had sessions run between the time you took pictures and when you shipped them to me OR someone ran your set and beat the crap out of them.

Look at the pictures again... then look at mine.

And you've got to be kidding that you can't see the flat spots in my picture. They are as clear a day.
      09-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #21
M3 Esq
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
Quote:

Look at your first post pictures again. They almost look like two different sets of tires. I think you either snapped those pictures way earlier and had sessions run between the time you took pictures and when you shipped them to me OR someone ran your set and beat the crap out of them.

And you've got to be kidding that you can't see the flat spots in my picture. They are as clear a day.
These sat in my garage the entire time they were for sale. What you see is exactly what you got. For god sakes I sent you pics on Saturday, you sent money on Sunday, and they were out the door to you on Monday. Can we stop this?
      09-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #22
M3 Esq
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
Quote:

Like i said, I had a BMW tech who was semi-pro driver look at these pics, my instructor who has 15 years experience on r-comps, and the tire shop that dismounted and none of them could see flat spots. I am no expert but I don't see flat rubber. I am stopping after this I promise.