BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

BPM Sport

07-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
Boo-E
Captain

Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP DCT AW

Send a message via Skype™ to Boo-E
San Francisco gathering?

Are there any groups near San Francisco that get together regularly? If not, lets get one started. Cars and coffee style. I already have 2 other friends in for whatever we find.
Boo-E is offline   United_States
      07-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
NSE92M3
Enlisted Member

Drives: TBD

I'm down
      07-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E90 M3

There's an event this weekend at BMW of SF:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Painted Reflectors | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | 18" Volks TE37SL Pressed Graphite | Yokohama AD08 | Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
      07-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
Wei718
Captain

Drives: F80 M3

I'm down
      07-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
E90M3velocity
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Silverstone II E90 M3

Link doesnt work or i need a fb account for that, anyways i was waiting for a bunch of m3 owners to meet up. It was easy with my older car, the community had more active enthusiasts.
      07-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
brado
Private First Class

Drives: 2009 e92 M3

I'm willing to meet up on a regular basis, can't this weekend I will be camping. Also I have a personal issue with BMW sf as they kicked me out of their dealership. But I'm not here to get into that
      07-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
Boo-E
Captain

First time trying to post a pic, not sure if I did it right. Here go's

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 306
Size:  120.9 KB
      07-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #8
Boo-E
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by brado View Post
I'm willing to meet up on a regular basis, can't this weekend I will be camping. Also I have a personal issue with BMW sf as they kicked me out of their dealership. But I'm not here to get into that
lol...what does it take to get kicked out of a dealership? I just don't like them cause their selections kinda sucks and their prices seem a little high.
      07-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #9
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3velocity View Post
Link doesnt work or i need a fb account for that, anyways i was waiting for a bunch of m3 owners to meet up. It was easy with my older car, the community had more active enthusiasts.
yes, need fb account to be able to see it.

Quote:
dude, sorry they kicked you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo-E View Post
lol...what does it take to get kicked out of a dealership? I just don't like them cause their selections kinda sucks and their prices seem a little high.
easy there tiger. i'm sure we all have horror stories about various dealerships everywhere. I recall someone else who was mistreated as well at BMW SF. When I went shopping for my E90 back in Sept of 2011, all the bay area dealerships were trying to price gouge me. Said, oh, $500 off msrp is the best we can do, etc... Anyways, I digress.

Me and my friends started a fb group last year and we just hit over 200 members this week. you can check this out if you're interested in joining us. we do have a drive coming up on Sunday as well.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809689
Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Painted Reflectors | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | 18" Volks TE37SL Pressed Graphite | Yokohama AD08 | Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
      07-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #10
Boo-E
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
yes, need fb account to be able to see it.

dude, sorry they kicked you out.

easy there tiger. i'm sure we all have horror stories about various dealerships everywhere. I recall someone else who was mistreated as well at BMW SF. When I went shopping for my E90 back in Sept of 2011, all the bay area dealerships were trying to price gouge me. Said, oh, $500 off msrp is the best we can do, etc... Anyways, I digress.

Me and my friends started a fb group last year and we just hit over 200 members this week. you can check this out if you're interested in joining us. we do have a drive coming up on Sunday as well.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809689

Dont get me wrong, I still bought my E39 M5 from SF BMW. But I prefer dealing with Weatherford.
      07-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #11
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo-E View Post
Dont get me wrong, I still bought my E39 M5 from SF BMW. But I prefer dealing with Weatherford.
I've personally never dealt with anyone at BMW SF. I've only worked with CA at Weatherford and Peter Pan locally. I ended buying my car in So Cal for $800 over invoice (about $4000 off msrp).
      07-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #12
kscarrol
Colonel

Quote:
Would love to hear that story! Off topic but I'll be out in norcal camping this weekend as well...
kscarrol is offline   United_States
      07-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
brado
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Would love to hear that story! Off topic but I'll be out in norcal camping this weekend as well...
Ok I will tell the story, as long as this thread does not become about the dealership and stays about SF meet ups. NOTE I am not bashing this dealership, this was just my one experience does not mean it will happen to you.

Last year, around september or so, BMW sf was selling a 2008 grey e92 m3. This was right around the time I was in the market to buy one (ended up in a 2009 jet black e92 m3) so I decided to go check it out. The car was a 6mt, tech pack, cold weather pack, black leather interior, carbon roof, 33k on the odo. They wanted 44k for it, and advertised it with a clean carfax.

I show up and before talking to anyone, I inspect the car. I notice that it has paint work to the rear driver side quarter panel, and door. Also there was noticeable wear on the interior leather.

It wasnt long before a salesman comes up, and I get to test drive the car. Now this guy was cool, he used to be a cop in europe somewhere, I cant remember where. Anyway he didnt try to b.s. me at all, and he knew his info about the car. Anything he didnt know, he would admit it and said he would find out for me. He even let me open the car up on the freeway, like i said cool dude.

We get back and I am told the "wait here we gotta run the numbers on you and your car" (I was trading in a 08 si). While I waited I had my friend run an autocheck on the car because I knew if I brought up the paintwork, the carfax would be thrown in my face. Well low and behold, the autocheck had an accident reported. so they comeback with no change on their price, and a super lowball on my car. I tell him I wouldnt accept that, and to get me a better deal. He leaves for 15 mins and comes back with 500 off the price, and no change in my trade in which was like 2k under kbb. I then reveal that the car is not what they advertise as it has body work, etc etc and I wanted a better price. As predicted they throw the carfax in my face.

I responded by showing them the autocheck, and I then bring the salesman out to the car and show him the work. Like I said he was a coold dude, so he says he has to talk to his boss. Now this is where the story turns south. 30 mins later the salesguy returns with the "numbers" guy, who proceeds to start grilling me about how old I am, what my job was, and that I knew nothing about cars basically. He paraded the carfax around like it was all knowing, and said the dealership had never heard of autocheck (exact words).

I tell him i am still interested in the car, but 44k was too much for the car in its condition. We then began arguing about the prices of M3's and I try showing him internet prices, which he literally did not look at and said 44k was fair market price. I bring up that he doesnt know the extent of the accident the vehicle was in, and again he proceeds to berate me about my knowledge, or lack there of. He then mentions the vehicle was a trade in, and he knew the guy who owned it and it was impossible that it was in an accident.

at this point I was fed up so I told him I wanted my keys. He said he would be back after he talked to the GM of the dealership. another 30 mins later he comes back with the same price. I gave him the maximum amount I was willing to pay, to which he questions why I deserve that price. For like the umpteenth time I go over the common price for M3's, the autocheck with an accident on it, the visual condition of the car, the lack of KBB on my car (even though they wanted more than kbb for theirs). Plus the fact they were holding me hostage, as they had not returned my keys yet.

I then lay into him that I have been at the dealership for nearly 3 hours, and they had only dropped the price by 500 dollars. I also mention the problems with advertising a car as accident free when it obviously wasnt, and lastly I point out that the vehicle was a trade in so no matter what they were gonna make money at my price. It was at this point that he says "well kid, looks like youre just too smart for us. We are not going to make a deal with you, you need to leave." I told him I would gladly leave, but he still had not given my keys back. The cool salesguy leaves and came back with my keys, so I left and I have never been back. Later that day the car was removed from their internet inventory.

Oh well, I dont suggest we dwell on this story and start planning some meetups.
      07-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #14
Boo-E
Captain

Quote:
Ok I will tell the story, as long as this thread does not become about the dealership and stays about SF meet ups. NOTE I am not bashing this dealership, this was just my one experience does not mean it will happen to you.

Last year, around september or so, BMW sf was selling a 2008 grey e92 m3. This was right around the time I was in the market to buy one (ended up in a 2009 jet black e92 m3) so I decided to go check it out. The car was a 6mt, tech pack, cold weather pack, black leather interior, carbon roof, 33k on the odo. They wanted 44k for it, and advertised it with a clean carfax.

I show up and before talking to anyone, I inspect the car. I notice that it has paint work to the rear driver side quarter panel, and door. Also there was noticeable wear on the interior leather.

It wasnt long before a salesman comes up, and I get to test drive the car. Now this guy was cool, he used to be a cop in europe somewhere, I cant remember where. Anyway he didnt try to b.s. me at all, and he knew his info about the car. Anything he didnt know, he would admit it and said he would find out for me. He even let me open the car up on the freeway, like i said cool dude.

We get back and I am told the "wait here we gotta run the numbers on you and your car" (I was trading in a 08 si). While I waited I had my friend run an autocheck on the car because I knew if I brought up the paintwork, the carfax would be thrown in my face. Well low and behold, the autocheck had an accident reported. so they comeback with no change on their price, and a super lowball on my car. I tell him I wouldnt accept that, and to get me a better deal. He leaves for 15 mins and comes back with 500 off the price, and no change in my trade in which was like 2k under kbb. I then reveal that the car is not what they advertise as it has body work, etc etc and I wanted a better price. As predicted they throw the carfax in my face.

I responded by showing them the autocheck, and I then bring the salesman out to the car and show him the work. Like I said he was a coold dude, so he says he has to talk to his boss. Now this is where the story turns south. 30 mins later the salesguy returns with the "numbers" guy, who proceeds to start grilling me about how old I am, what my job was, and that I knew nothing about cars basically. He paraded the carfax around like it was all knowing, and said the dealership had never heard of autocheck (exact words).

I tell him i am still interested in the car, but 44k was too much for the car in its condition. We then began arguing about the prices of M3's and I try showing him internet prices, which he literally did not look at and said 44k was fair market price. I bring up that he doesnt know the extent of the accident the vehicle was in, and again he proceeds to berate me about my knowledge, or lack there of. He then mentions the vehicle was a trade in, and he knew the guy who owned it and it was impossible that it was in an accident.

at this point I was fed up so I told him I wanted my keys. He said he would be back after he talked to the GM of the dealership. another 30 mins later he comes back with the same price. I gave him the maximum amount I was willing to pay, to which he questions why I deserve that price. For like the umpteenth time I go over the common price for M3's, the autocheck with an accident on it, the visual condition of the car, the lack of KBB on my car (even though they wanted more than kbb for theirs). Plus the fact they were holding me hostage, as they had not returned my keys yet.

I then lay into him that I have been at the dealership for nearly 3 hours, and they had only dropped the price by 500 dollars. I also mention the problems with advertising a car as accident free when it obviously wasnt, and lastly I point out that the vehicle was a trade in so no matter what they were gonna make money at my price. It was at this point that he says "well kid, looks like youre just too smart for us. We are not going to make a deal with you, you need to leave." I told him I would gladly leave, but he still had not given my keys back. The cool salesguy leaves and came back with my keys, so I left and I have never been back. Later that day the car was removed from their internet inventory.

Oh well, I dont suggest we dwell on this story and start planning some meetups.

That's too bad you had to go though that. I bought my first M3 when I was 19. Everyone thought I was a joke. The first person to approach me was Guy at Weatherford after about an hour standing in front of the car. He said has anyone helped you? I said, "No, you're the first. I will take this one." Since then I've bought 5 BMW's from Guy.

And yes, lets plan these meet ups! I'm going to look at my calendar and try to pick out a Sat or Sun in the near future. Anyone want to chime in with preferred dates? I was thinking maybe meet up around 92 and then plan a route around Alices or something along those lines.
      07-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #15
C-N-M3
First Lieutenant

Drives: AW2012 M3 E92 &2010 911 GT2 RS

I'm in.
C-N-M3 is offline   United_States
      07-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #16
brado
Private First Class

Also in!!
      07-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #17
E90M3velocity
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Silverstone II E90 M3

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=866531
      07-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #18
Z K
Colonel

Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Good for you, you checked that car out. Some guy probably bought the car without knowing it's been in an accident. Carfax doesn't show everything.

I will say many dealers will represent their car as better than it is. It is really up to the consumer to really look closely and pick it apart. Even some new cars have had body work performed - those repairs will never show up on any report.
      07-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #19
m3anAPPLE
Private First Class

Drives: JB E90 M3

I'm in too. How about Saturday 8/3/ or Sunday 8/4/
m3anAPPLE is offline   United_States
      07-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #20
m3anAPPLE
Private First Class

Drives: JB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
There's an event this weekend at BMW of SF:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Tried accessing your page too.. Didn't work.
m3anAPPLE is offline   United_States
      07-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #21
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel

Here you go.
Attached Images

07-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #22
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel

Cruise Coma II on 7/28 http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=866531