BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
iksenna
Private First Class
 
iksenna's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 M5 SINGAPORE GREY
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: VILLA PARK (TO)

Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

Commuter Rant

I have to vent this out...be warned.

I'm pulling out of McD's on Sheppard, a young lady has politely let me exit so I can cut across traffic facing lanes onto traffic going the other way. I can see an STI in the distance so I move across and merge Exactly as I do this he starts accelerating and comes close to hitting my ass so I accelerate to make space and back off as its no big deal. He blows past with me as if to prove some meaningless point. I gave him the finger and we go back and forth and you can figure out the rest. At one ridiculous point, his beeotch in the passenger seats whips her iphone out and starts filming me....

To the almighty, why do young STI or equivalent bed-wetters act like their fathers purchased the roads/streets and not give way or cut anyone that gets within 5mm of their car? No wonder there are so many accidents. Boys, its OK to let someone through and vice-versa, in fact you can even keep it a secret.

I came to this country 10 years ago and still cannot believe how **** the drivers are here. We all commute, got get to work and get home - no big deal. Don't understand where all the hate comes from...

Anyways, that my $0.002
__________________
Looking forward to seeing you in my rear-view mirror.
iksenna is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
MOAB
Major
 
MOAB's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche & BMW
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,077
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iksenna View Post
I have to vent this out...be warned.

I'm pulling out of McD's on Sheppard, a young lady has politely let me exit so I can cut across traffic facing lanes onto traffic going the other way. I can see an STI in the distance so I move across and merge Exactly as I do this he starts accelerating and comes close to hitting my ass so I accelerate to make space and back off as its no big deal. He blows past with me as if to prove some meaningless point. I gave him the finger and we go back and forth and you can figure out the rest. At one ridiculous point, his beeotch in the passenger seats whips her iphone out and starts filming me....

To the almighty, why do young STI or equivalent bed-wetters act like their fathers purchased the roads/streets and not give way or cut anyone that gets within 5mm of their car? No wonder there are so many accidents. Boys, its OK to let someone through and vice-versa, in fact you can even keep it a secret.

I came to this country 10 years ago and still cannot believe how **** the drivers are here. We all commute, got get to work and get home - no big deal. Don't understand where all the hate comes from...

Anyways, that my $0.002
would you give a person the finger if you were standing next to them on the sidewalk? Yeah, probably not.
__________________
March-November - '09 C4S (PDK, Akrapovic)
December-February - '00 323 (only mod - snow tires)
MOAB is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #3
iksenna
Private First Class
 
iksenna's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 M5 SINGAPORE GREY
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: VILLA PARK (TO)

Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

Don't understand your point. Sorry.
I don't see how this situation could have occurred if we happened to be standing next to each other or even driving in separate lanes. Its about merging and letting people through. Simple stuff really...
__________________
Looking forward to seeing you in my rear-view mirror.
iksenna is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
nullrouted
Studying...
 
nullrouted's Avatar
 
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Central Florida

Posts: 850
iTrader: (0)

I'd do worse than that if someone did the equivalent on the sidewalk...but that's beside the point.

OP: I agree with you completely. I'm originally from NY and even moving down to FL the quality of drivers fell through the floor. Went to Germany recently for an ED and seeing how good their drivers were just made me hate US drivers all the more.

As for the STI debacle, you're right about the yuppie kids. I live in a "famous" college town and its full of overprivileged and undertalented kids driving around in Audis, X5s, Mercs, etc - one universal trait they all share is that they believe they own the road, which is hilarious because their driving skill barely makes them viable in a parking lot.

Conclusion? Giving them the finger is the least they deserved for almost causing an accident with your M.
nullrouted is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
MOAB
Major
 
MOAB's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche & BMW
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,077
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iksenna View Post
Don't understand your point. Sorry.
I don't see how this situation could have occurred if we happened to be standing next to each other or even driving in separate lanes. Its about merging and letting people through. Simple stuff really...
sure the other driver was a dick, but you contributed to the escalation by giving him the finger. he probably was looking for that from you.
__________________
March-November - '09 C4S (PDK, Akrapovic)
December-February - '00 323 (only mod - snow tires)
MOAB is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
Gkap
BMF Movement
 
Gkap's Avatar
 
Drives: Women Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GTA

Posts: 3,010
iTrader: (1)

some people are just dicks.
Gkap is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
iksenna
Private First Class
 
iksenna's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 M5 SINGAPORE GREY
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: VILLA PARK (TO)

Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOAB View Post
sure the other driver was a dick, but you contributed to the escalation by giving him the finger. he probably was looking for that from you.
I can see with plenty of caffeine+hindsight it was mostly about provocation. But if so, that's pretty dangerous and just outright stupid. My buddy has an STI ( + a GTR) and we've often talked about how stupid the drivers are in TO.

Not sure how this could have been avoided even if I was driving my wife's Honda.

Don't even get me started on drivers who merge on the highway, cut 4-5 lanes making a bee-line for the left-lane and then set cruise-control for 110, occupying the left lane as if their lives depended on it....but that's another rant.

$0.02
__________________
Looking forward to seeing you in my rear-view mirror.
iksenna is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
Chriskm3
Colonel
 
Chriskm3's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,218
iTrader: (4)

Firstly You should not give fingers to people period. I don't know where this gesture came from. Secondly if I was in his lane and decided NOT to let you in(since I may be cruising at a higher speed then others) cutting In front of me without having the right of way may lead to an accident and also displays your bad driving skills. Just to recap. You cut off a sti driver, he drove around you because of your action and yet you reward him with the middle finger. Your assumption of having the right away is the reason why there are so many accidents on the roads.
T.O drivers are very aggressive drivers. And one coming from a different city should adopt their driving ethics, not try to enforce their less aggressive driving method.
__________________
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher

Last edited by Chriskm3; 07-04-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Chriskm3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #9
iksenna
Private First Class
 
iksenna's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 M5 SINGAPORE GREY
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: VILLA PARK (TO)

Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
Firstly You should not give fingers to people period. I don't know where this gesture came from. Secondly if I was in his lane and decided NOT to let you in(since I may be cruising at a higher speed then others) cutting In front of me without having the right of way may lead to an accident and also displays your bad driving skills. Just to recap. You cut off a sti driver, he drove around you because of your action and yet you reward him with the middle finger. Your assumption of having the right away is the reason why there are so many accidents on the roads.
T.I drivers are very aggressive drivers. And one coming from a different city should adopt ther driving ethics, not try to enforce their less aggressive driving method.
If anyone drives at a higher speed I would not merge. I would wait and let them through, no big deal happens every day. Your recap was off so not going to respond to it.
__________________
Looking forward to seeing you in my rear-view mirror.
iksenna is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #10
nullrouted
Studying...
 
nullrouted's Avatar
 
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Central Florida

Posts: 850
iTrader: (0)

Sounds like STI was speeding anyway, which removes approximately 50% of his "right of way" in an accident with any other vehicle in most insurance/legal cases. He would be just as at-fault if he hit you as you would be even though you were merging. Sounds to me like STI dude was showing off to his gf and almost caused an accident because of it.
nullrouted is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #11
iksenna
Private First Class
 
iksenna's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 M5 SINGAPORE GREY
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: VILLA PARK (TO)

Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

Yup, that's pretty much how I read it.
I just don't get that whole " this is my lane and nobody is allowed to come into it" thing.
__________________
Looking forward to seeing you in my rear-view mirror.
iksenna is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #12
tdott
Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: T.Dot

Posts: 432
iTrader: (1)

People are idiots, I don't bother anymore just go along my business.

Someone wants to cut me off and speed, go right ahead, i'm usually in the right lane anyways.
tdott is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #13
nullrouted
Studying...
 
nullrouted's Avatar
 
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Central Florida

Posts: 850
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott
People are idiots, I don't bother anymore just go along my business.

Someone wants to cut me off and speed, go right ahead, i'm usually in the right lane anyways.
I believe you represent the vast majority of E9x owners. I am 29, and have certainly been in the shoes of the STI driver as a younger man, driving turbo eclipses, 350z, etc... As such I suppose I have come to "expect" certain aggressive driving behaviors from high (or even high-ish) performance car drivers, even though my own driving had significantly mellowed with time (haven't even had a speeding ticket in years...). However I've been pleasantly surprised to see many M3s on the road and not witness a single aggressive or reckless maneuver from any of them. I say good for us, as a community.
nullrouted is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #14
iksenna
Private First Class
 
iksenna's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 M5 SINGAPORE GREY
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: VILLA PARK (TO)

Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
People are idiots, I don't bother anymore just go along my business.

Someone wants to cut me off and speed, go right ahead, i'm usually in the right lane anyways.
Amen brother....I'm usually in the right lane or in the left if I have the speed. If a Corolla comes up behind me doing south of 120 I move over, no drama or big deal.
__________________
Looking forward to seeing you in my rear-view mirror.
iksenna is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 11:59 PM   #15
Hedonist
Enlisted Member
 
Hedonist's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 M3 Jerez Black
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Toronto

Posts: 46
iTrader: (0)

Slightly off topic but does anyone know the law in Ontario regarding video register recorders ? I mean can I place a small camera to record my driving and then post videos of careless and stupid drivers on youtube ? make a hall of shame... thanks
Hedonist is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #16
ruff1017
Private
 
ruff1017's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 M3 6speed
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 75
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
Slightly off topic but does anyone know the law in Ontario regarding video register recorders ? I mean can I place a small camera to record my driving and then post videos of careless and stupid drivers on youtube ? make a hall of shame... thanks
That's very good idea. We should install a black box in our cars just in case.
It's so much easier to prove after the incident like this or worse.
I have been thinking about getting one for my family.
ruff1017 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #17
jc824
Private
 
Drives: '08 M3 E90
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

the camera recorders are becoming very common these days... I remember a few months back that a driver had the recorder and used it against a person the rolled back into him. The driver that rolled back actually tried to argue and say that he was hit from behind instead but luckily this guy had it all recorded...
jc824 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST