BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

07-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
///M3AN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 Jet Black E90 M3

Garage List
Anyone have an experience with DuPont Registry?

So, I have my 2012 E92 M3 for sale on Autotrader and in the cars wanted section of this forum. I've got it priced lower than any other E92 on Autotrader right now. Showroom condition and less than 5,500 miles so I imagine it should sell fairly quick but....

I have got two calls from DuPont registry basically telling me I have my car listed in the wrong area and I quote "You can't sell a grand piano in Wal-Mart". I remember looking at DuPont Registry as a kid and drooling over the Lambo's and such but when I was on my M3 search, I never even glanced at a DuPont magazine. It was borderline high-pressure sales tactics he was using and I pretty much shut down any time I recognized "canned sales lines".

What do you guys think of DuPont and where have you had the best luck with selling higher end cars?

My dealer has also offered a consignment deal which I will consider as a last resort.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

it ain't cheap to list...that's all I know. The target market there generally aren't looking for a dime a dozen M3, serious prospective M3 buyers don't look in that magazine, I highly doubt the cost would justify the incremental figure you're looking to get from the sale.

this is your car right?
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=854612

You also have to be realistic on true market value, $61k is a bit high, i think if you sit tight, you may be able to get $57k ($59k on the high side) for it.

Check out this thread to gauge mostly dealer sale prices are:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...366319&page=58

EVERY 2012 E92 car on there were selling below $59k at the dealership, if you assum profit margin, the dealer costs for the car is probably around $55k-$56k

Last edited by mdosu; 07-10-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
///M3AN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
it ain't cheap to list...that's all I know.
yep, the quote I got for the smallest ad was about a grand..

Quote:
The target market there generally aren't looking for a dime a dozen M3.
Generally prospective M3 buyers don't look in that magazine, I highly doubt the cost would justify the incremental figure you're looking to get from the sale.
You hit the nail on the head here, my exact thoughts...

Quote:
Just to check, what are the stats of your car and what's your asking price? I only ask b/c you also have to be realistic on true market value. What's your sticker price and options?
here is my bimmer post thread, like I said... for those miles and options based on other M3's on autotrader, mine is the cheapest one.

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3AN View Post
here is my bimmer post thread, like I said... for those miles and options based on other M3's on autotrader, mine is the cheapest one.
just updated my prior post with some pricing suggestions. Good luck You have a great car. Be patient, but also be realistic

Just between us girls here...what's the best offer you've received? Not sure if you want to share publicly as it might put you on a lower footing with the next offer, but a range of offers would help, at the end of the day, buyers and sellers will clear at true market price too, so low ballers would all get squeezed out.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
///M3AN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

You also have to be realistic on true market value, $61k is a bit high, i think if you sit tight, you may be able to get $57k ($59k on the high side) for it.
You think? I've already turned down an offer of $60k and a trade in offer of $58k on an E46 M3.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
You think? I've already turned down an offer of $60k and a trade in offer of $58k on an E46 M3.
dude! $60k?! hit it! It's on the high side.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
///M3AN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
dude! $60k?! hit it! It's on the high side.
Haha, that offer seemed to come in too quick...
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Haha, that offer seemed to come in too quick...
the most irrational offers (on both high and low sides) come quickly. They are the lowballers or the people who are buying it out of passion (they tend to "overpay"). The rational offers are the ones that come in at true market price. Hit it, damnit....
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
jwaggen
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 6MT ZCP

If its helpful, I bought the same year, same options and less miles for less. PM me if my experience can be of help
      07-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #10
///M3AN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu
it ain't cheap to list...that's all I know. The target market there generally aren't looking for a dime a dozen M3, serious prospective M3 buyers don't look in that magazine, I highly doubt the cost would justify the incremental figure you're looking to get from the sale.

this is your car right?

Check out this thread to gauge mostly dealer sale prices are:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...19&page=58

EVERY 2012 E92 car on there were selling below $59k at the dealership, if you assum profit margin, the dealer costs for the car is probably around $55k-$56k
I think your numbers may be a little low, just confirmed with a dealer, they would buy it out right for 58k.
Appreciate 0