BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
QwickAG
Private
 
QwickAG's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jax, FL

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

WHOA! The Best feeling... 1 week after PCD!

I picked her up on Monday. Monday felt great, BUT today... OHH the feeling....
Attached Images
 
QwickAG is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
ibmike
What the Hell ?
 
ibmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 e92 DCT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Michigan

Posts: 1,518
iTrader: (6)

What u talkn bout Willis?
__________________
Life's a Bitch,Just make sure that Bitch is Beautiful.
ibmike is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
QwickAG
Private
 
QwickAG's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jax, FL

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
What u talkn bout Willis?
Sorry, Pic didn't load first time around...
QwickAG is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #4
Koldun
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 659
iTrader: (0)

Out of break-in period?
Koldun is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
QwickAG
Private
 
QwickAG's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jax, FL

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldun View Post
Out of break-in period?
YES!!!!!
QwickAG is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
ibmike
What the Hell ?
 
ibmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 e92 DCT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Michigan

Posts: 1,518
iTrader: (6)

So what does the rest of the car look like? And get your 1200 mile service before you rag it, just cause it says 1201 doesnt mean its time yet.
__________________
Life's a Bitch,Just make sure that Bitch is Beautiful.
ibmike is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
Chriskm3
Colonel
 
Chriskm3's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,218
iTrader: (4)

Atleast you got gas
__________________
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Chriskm3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #8
QwickAG
Private
 
QwickAG's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jax, FL

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
So what does the rest of the car look like? And get your 1200 mile service before you rag it, just cause it says 1201 doesnt mean its time yet.
I sent a text to my SA last night, I'll be there at 7am tomorrow morning :-)

2 people have told me that more power "becomes available" after the service? I know that was the case on the M5/M6 but never heard of that on the M3, can someone confirm?

Here's the pic thread:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14235393
QwickAG is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #9
CBS
Major
 
CBS's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 - F10 535xi
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wilkes-Barre, PA

Posts: 1,079
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 535xi M Sport  [0.00]
2014 X3 3.5 M Sport  [0.00]
2011 M3 E90  [4.86]
2008 X5  [0.00]
Somebody's having fun now......
__________________

ESS VT-1 550 | M24 Oil Cooler | Fall Line Half Cage | RaceTech 4009W | 6 pt Harness | Lifeline Zero 360 Fire Suppression | Rear Seat Delete | Motion Control DA Dampers w/remote reservoirs | 900/650 Hyperco Springs | RD Sport Sway Bars | Brembo 380 BBK | GC Camber Plates | Hoosier R6 | Eisenmann Sport | Stack Gauges | Painted Challenge Front Lip | Painted ZCP Rear Spoiler | Xpel Ultimate Film | LuxAngelEyes
CBS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #10
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

one tip, get an oil sample sent in for analysis starting from this oil change...even if you haven't order the test kit yet, just store a few ouces in a clean jar or container and transfer it to the test kit afterwards.

I regret not doing oil samples during my first 3 years of ownership. It'll give you alot of info on if engine issues are looming even whether you want to buy extended warranty. Believe me, a bit of foresight today is better than second guessing these things 5 years down the line.

there's a lot to read here, but the key takeaway I got was, monitor the oil sample religiously during EVERY oil change:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=856441

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849394
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwickAG View Post

2 people have told me that more power "becomes available" after the service? I know that was the case on the M5/M6 but never heard of that on the M3, can someone confirm?

Here's the pic thread:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14235393
don't drink the kool-aid
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #12
Koldun
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 659
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
Atleast you got gas
Yeah, that will last.
Koldun is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #13
tjsabec
Lieutenant
 
tjsabec's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008, e90, alpine white, 6mt
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Uniontown, PA

Posts: 471
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
one tip, get an oil sample sent in for analysis starting from this oil change...even if you haven't order the test kit yet, just store a few ouces in a clean jar or container and transfer it to the test kit afterwards.

I regret not doing oil samples during my first 3 years of ownership. It'll give you alot of info on if engine issues are looming even whether you want to buy extended warranty. Believe me, a bit of foresight today is better than second guessing these things 5 years down the line.

there's a lot to read here, but the key takeaway I got was, monitor the oil sample religiously during EVERY oil change:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=856441

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849394
+1 I do this, very helpful.
tjsabec is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #14
OilPatch
First Lieutenant
 
OilPatch's Avatar
 
Drives: VW TDi & BMW M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Midland, TX

Posts: 333
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 VW Jetta TDI  [0.00]
Congrats man, I bet you can't wait to open her up and see what this car is all about.

Not to veer this thread off topic, but where the best place to get these test kits? For those that have done this have you encountered any problems from the dealership on saving some oil for this?
__________________
2013 E92 M3 | Le Mans Blue | 6 Speed Manual | Competition Pack | Premium Pack | Cold Weather Pack |
OilPatch is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #15
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilPatch View Post
Congrats man, I bet you can't wait to open her up and see what this car is all about.

Not to veer this thread off topic, but where the best place to get these test kits? For those that have done this have you encountered any problems from the dealership on saving some oil for this?
I would just drop a clean jar off for to the service adviser when you go in and explain what you're doing. It's no biggie, they just drain some of it into the container. Then, when the test kit comes, you just transfer the contents to the kit.


Order here:
http://www.blackstone-labs.com/free-test-kits.php
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #16
Jay-K
Colonel
 
Jay-K's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indonesia

Posts: 2,407
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
Atleast you got gas
Lol!!+1
Jay-K is offline   Indonesia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #17
QwickAG
Private
 
QwickAG's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jax, FL

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

Thanks guys, I'll take a jar with me.
QwickAG is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #18
FVM3
Major General
 
FVM3's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 5,710
iTrader: (2)

I believe that most of the m3 were flatten out before the break in. You think people will care when they test drive it?
FVM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #19
QwickAG
Private
 
QwickAG's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jax, FL

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVM3 View Post
I believe that most of the m3 were flatten out before the break in. You think people will care when they test drive it?
Yes, I'm sure, this one was ordered though, and I did PCD, so only the cowboys at the transport company drove it :-)
QwickAG is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #20
Ezio
Colonel
 
Ezio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

Posts: 2,443
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVM3 View Post
I believe that most of the m3 were flatten out before the break in. You think people will care when they test drive it?
i didn't even care when i test drove the car i ended up getting also. lol


mine had 40 miles on it. gotten love warrnetys
__________________
Ezio is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #21
///WeissBlitz76
Second Lieutenant
 
///WeissBlitz76's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 E92 ZCP M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: TN

Posts: 280
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwickAG View Post
Yes, I'm sure, this one was ordered though, and I did PCD, so only the cowboys at the transport company drove it :-)
How many miles was on yours, at delivery?
///WeissBlitz76 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #22
QwickAG
Private
 
QwickAG's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jax, FL

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

Mine had 9 Miles on it :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WeissBlitz76 View Post
How many miles was on yours, at delivery?
QwickAG is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST