BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

Velos Designwerks

07-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #23
Marco@McKennaPerformance

Drives: E90 M3

Send a message via AIM to Marco@McKennaPerformance Send a message via MSN to Marco@McKennaPerformance
Quote:
Originally Posted by W Cole View Post
Moar pics!! I just went GTS3 on my jet black but I think I may be regretting that decision after seeing the GTS5 in black - its definitely not nearly as "busy" in the darker color.

As far as fitment with the vorsteiner bumpers there are a couple of things to look out for. The area around the headlights needs to be trimmed, the lower grille area needs to be cut down until the grille fits correctly and if you get a GTS3 with the tow hook cover the cover doesn't click into the fiberglass correctly, doesn't sit centered or flush in the hole and also is not in the correct place on the bumper so I recommend just shaving it off like the GTS5. Also, you are going to be spending more (about 3x at a high end shop) in paint and body work than an OEM part if you want it done right since it needs a lot more prep (guide coat and block sanding) to get the surface flat and remove all pinholes, etc.
This is VERY true. Do not let just any body shop paint/install the GTS5, it takes a lot of skill and experience with aftermarket bodywork to do this correctly. Nate over at C&C Collision is honestly the best at these bumpers; he does the majority of vorsteiner's wide body builds.
      07-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #24
Ringer
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 BMW 1M Valencia Orange

Very beautiful. Much better!!