BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

E92 Lighting

07-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #23
MRM55
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAttack View Post
No camber plates just springs and an alignment needed.
thanks. looks sweet. i'm guessing the lowering helped get a bit more negative camber...unless i'm just seeing things
      07-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #24
SROC5
Addicted to Track

Drives: E92 M3

Review is here, with track impressions as well!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869871

| Akrapovic Evo | ESSi | Swift Spec-R | CF Spoiler | APEX ARC-8 | RS-3 | PFC-08 | DIF |

Last edited by SROC5; 07-27-2013 at 10:24 AM.
SROC5 is offline   United_States
      10-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #25
swifty
Major

Drives: FO M3

Anyone add e36 M3 bumpstops when installing the swifts?

Do you guys find it bottoming out on dips?

Current: FO e92 M3
      10-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #26
SilentAttack
Major

Drives: 08 E90 Jerez Black 6MT

I installed the E36 Bumpstops when I did springs. Never had an issue with bottoming out.
      10-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #27
PandaM3
First Lieutenant

Drives:

Just got mine installed this past week. I had low expectations since my previous car (an MK6 GTI) had corner balanced AST 4100's with a track tuned alignment. So far I am very happy with the Swift Spec R's on the M3.

Had it installed at MRF engineering with E36 bump stops, pulled camber pins, and a track oriented alignment.

So far ride quality is not much different than stock. I still feel a significant difference with the different EDC modes however the spring rates seem to match the EDC shocks much better. I am guessing the higher spring rates causes the EDC shocks to increase its dampening. Dampening feels almost as good as the coilovers in my previous car.

With EDC set to full soft it is still very comfortable however floaty over larger bumps like with the oe springs. This is great for the surface streets.

Set to normal mode/ one light it is still comfortable, not floaty, and a great all around DD mode. perfect setting for freeways.

On full hard with 2 lights, the car is not floaty at all, dampening is very good and fast and feels most like what a coilover feels like. Great for smooth roads.

Getting the camber pins pulled and the track tuned alignement makes the car feel much more agile and willing to turn where as before it had a tendency to understeer.

These springs match the EDC shocks very very nicely
      10-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #28
rsv4dan
Private

Drives: E92 M3 6MT Sparkling Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaM3 View Post
Just got mine installed this past week. I had low expectations since my previous car (an MK6 GTI) had corner balanced AST 4100's with a track tuned alignment. So far I am very happy with the Swift Spec R's on the M3.

Had it installed at MRF engineering with E36 bump stops, pulled camber pins, and a track oriented alignment.

So far ride quality is not much different than stock. I still feel a significant difference with the different EDC modes however the spring rates seem to match the EDC shocks much better. I am guessing the higher spring rates causes the EDC shocks to increase its dampening. Dampening feels almost as good as the coilovers in my previous car.

With EDC set to full soft it is still very comfortable however floaty over larger bumps like with the oe springs. This is great for the surface streets.

Set to normal mode/ one light it is still comfortable, not floaty, and a great all around DD mode. perfect setting for freeways.

On full hard with 2 lights, the car is not floaty at all, dampening is very good and fast and feels most like what a coilover feels like. Great for smooth roads.

Getting the camber pins pulled and the track tuned alignement makes the car feel much more agile and willing to turn where as before it had a tendency to understeer.

Can you post your recommended alignment settings?
I've got some swifts on the way for my car.
Target values for alignment and also actual achieved values??
rsv4dan is offline   Australia
      10-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #29
E90M3velocity
Private First Class

Drives: Silverstone II E90 M3

PandaM3- is your edc shocks the zcp versions or the regular edc shocks?
      10-27-2013, 01:39 AM   #30
PandaM3
First Lieutenant

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsv4dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaM3 View Post

Can you post your recommended alignment settings?
I've got some swifts on the way for my car.
Target values for alignment and also actual achieved values??
You'll have to contact MRF Engineering for the alignment settings... It is his "signature" alignment
      10-27-2013, 01:40 AM   #31
PandaM3
First Lieutenant

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3velocity
PandaM3- is your edc shocks the zcp versions or the regular edc shocks?
Regular EDC
      10-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #32
PandaM3
First Lieutenant

Drives:

Took a quick iPhone picture