BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
DarthDingo
Private
5
Rep
69
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW X5 4.8is
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windy_City burbs

iTrader: (0)

Torn the new ///M3 or Nissan GT-R both close to same price

I have been a huge ///M fan for a few years, starting my used 2001 Dinan-S1 M5 I had for a couple of years, and now my X5 4.8is for daily driver.

Anyways I could possibly be in the position to buy another sports again next year, and the new M3 has given me wet dreams, with that bad ass V8 and sharp handling according to reviews......

But do NOT forget that Nissan has their flagship sports car also coming out next year = GT-R, and their gunning for 911-Turbo speed and handling, Nissan have had several 911-Turbos with them forever during testing to make sure this new GT-R is equal if not better, but for a heck of allot less, base price is supposed to be $59k, with top end car for like $75k. Engine is 450 horsepower from a twin-turbo V6.

Of these two cars the new ///M3 or the GT-R which would ya get and why ??

GT-R talk;
http://www.my350z.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=314
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249125


Cool video of the car up and running in full retail form;
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
Tobizach's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
353
Posts

 
Drives: By the seat of her pants.
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SouthWest

iTrader: (0)

Didnt you see MC's thread?

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303224

It seems the 3 model GTR range speculation, is actually 3 trim levels.

3 trims all paddle shift

“Base” $66,675 alloy wheels

“black” -$68,580 forged wheels ( black leather only)

“Premium” $71,870 Bose . alarm. Side air bags forged wheels


Better info here http://www.nagtroc.com/
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #3
JEllis
Brigadier General
JEllis's Avatar
84
Rep
4,783
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

iTrader: (4)

M3.... cheaper
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
Keto's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,585
Posts

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WHO DAT NATION

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobizach View Post

Better info here http://www.nagtroc.com/

ZOMG that forum is hilarious. Sounds like an amazing car, but all the members are busy circle jerking over little tidbits of unverified info. They sound like born-agains who think the second coming is going to sweep other marque owners away with holy fire. People are getting mad at each other over who loves/believes in the car MORE.

It's like here, but to the 10th power.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 11:39 AM   #5
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
Tobizach's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
353
Posts

 
Drives: By the seat of her pants.
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SouthWest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
ZOMG that forum is hilarious. Sounds like an amazing car, but all the members are busy circle jerking over little tidbits of unverified info. They sound like born-agains who think the second coming is going to sweep other marque owners away with holy fire. People are getting mad at each other over who loves/believes in the car MORE.

It's like here, but to the 10th power.

LOL Yup all forums are like that... there are mabey a dozen serious guys and thousand wannabee's (kids) mud slinging. Its a dumb "Guy" thing if ya ask me

Like here yes.. but imo more the e90post/other cars ( aka kill section) areas
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 11:56 AM   #6
DarthDingo
Private
5
Rep
69
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW X5 4.8is
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windy_City burbs

iTrader: (0)

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/21/t...pan-yesterday/

And the three varieties of GT-R are again confirmed, with dealers actually having sales material in hand listing models and specs. The rundown we know of is the standard model at 480 HP and $57,000, a V-Spec for $67,000, and an EVO-spec with 530 HP, 200 fewer pounds and a $94,000 tag. The home team -- Japan, that is -- begins receiving deliveries in December.

What is the weight of the car again ??

Another cool video of actual on street test's;
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1.*
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 12:10 PM   #7
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
Tobizach's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
353
Posts

 
Drives: By the seat of her pants.
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SouthWest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDingo View Post
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/21/t...pan-yesterday/

And the three varieties of GT-R are again confirmed, with dealers actually having sales material in hand listing models and specs. The rundown we know of is the standard model at 480 HP and $57,000, a V-Spec for $67,000, and an EVO-spec with 530 HP, 200 fewer pounds and a $94,000 tag. The home team -- Japan, that is -- begins receiving deliveries in December.

Nothing new... still the same old news thats been going around for ages, look at the source "7tune" http://www.7tune.com/ auto(JDM type) mags (and autoblog itself )are notorious for faulty reporting and rumor spreading.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 03:08 PM   #8
Expired
Fanatic
Expired's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
175
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Expired
IMO, it looks terrible compared to the new m3.
But who knows, the performance could be better.

M3 wins in the looks department though.

-Nathan
__________________
People only know what you tell them.Only in ROFL Copter.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 03:36 PM   #9
aerisolphaln
First Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
396
Posts

 
Drives: '05 G35 coupe 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Iowa City, IA

iTrader: (0)

I would be willing to bet that all 3 variants of the GT-R will offer more straight up performance than the M3, much like the Corvette.

However, having driven an "upscale" Nissan in my Infiniti G35 coupe for the last 2.5 years, I can personally tell you that the build quality does not compare to a BMW. There are little rattles and shakes that have been present from day 1 in my car. You can find countless threads on G35driver.com with the same complaints, which tells me it is a common issue. Also, I took it in for these rattles to my Inifiniti dealer, and they had nothing for me.

Material quality, interior and exterior, is also something to pay close attention to. Initially, the quality of my G seemed quite high, and it still is compared to most cars and certainly compared to the interior of any Nissan. However, the G doesn't compare to BMW or hold a candle to MB.

Also about Nissan, the service is just plain terrible. Even with the more upscale Infiniti brand, the service just doesn't compare to my wife's Mercedes service or the service of BMW.

Lastly, appeal plays a big portion of things for me. The BMW M3 is just much more appealing than any Nissan, much as the Porsche GT3 or 911 turbo is much more appealing than any BMW, and any Ferrari is more appealing than just about anything on earth.
__________________
Now:'05 G35 6MT\Laser Red\Beige\Sport\Premium

06/2008: M3, 335+Dinan, or ...
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 04:07 PM   #10
Expired
Fanatic
Expired's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
175
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Expired
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerisolphaln View Post
I would be willing to bet that all 3 variants of the GT-R will offer more straight up performance than the M3, much like the Corvette.

However, having driven an "upscale" Nissan in my Infiniti G35 coupe for the last 2.5 years, I can personally tell you that the build quality does not compare to a BMW. There are little rattles and shakes that have been present from day 1 in my car. You can find countless threads on G35driver.com with the same complaints, which tells me it is a common issue. Also, I took it in for these rattles to my Inifiniti dealer, and they had nothing for me.

Material quality, interior and exterior, is also something to pay close attention to. Initially, the quality of my G seemed quite high, and it still is compared to most cars and certainly compared to the interior of any Nissan. However, the G doesn't compare to BMW or hold a candle to MB.

Also about Nissan, the service is just plain terrible. Even with the more upscale Infiniti brand, the service just doesn't compare to my wife's Mercedes service or the service of BMW.

Lastly, appeal plays a big portion of things for me. The BMW M3 is just much more appealing than any Nissan, much as the Porsche GT3 or 911 turbo is much more appealing than any BMW, and any Ferrari is more appealing than just about anything on earth.
It's weird, because I don't like how most high end cars such as a Ferrari or Lambo look.
I would much rather have a M3 Sedan or Porsche GT3 RS.

-Nathan
__________________
People only know what you tell them.Only in ROFL Copter.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 04:07 PM   #11
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
Keto's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,585
Posts

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WHO DAT NATION

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerisolphaln View Post
I would be willing to bet that all 3 variants of the GT-R will offer more straight up performance than the M3, much like the Corvette.

However, having driven an "upscale" Nissan in my Infiniti G35 coupe for the last 2.5 years, I can personally tell you that the build quality does not compare to a BMW. There are little rattles and shakes that have been present from day 1 in my car. You can find countless threads on G35driver.com with the same complaints, which tells me it is a common issue. Also, I took it in for these rattles to my Inifiniti dealer, and they had nothing for me.

Material quality, interior and exterior, is also something to pay close attention to. Initially, the quality of my G seemed quite high, and it still is compared to most cars and certainly compared to the interior of any Nissan. However, the G doesn't compare to BMW or hold a candle to MB.

Also about Nissan, the service is just plain terrible. Even with the more upscale Infiniti brand, the service just doesn't compare to my wife's Mercedes service or the service of BMW.

Lastly, appeal plays a big portion of things for me. The BMW M3 is just much more appealing than any Nissan, much as the Porsche GT3 or 911 turbo is much more appealing than any BMW, and any Ferrari is more appealing than just about anything on earth.
Yep, that GT-R has a market -- people who want supercar performance but can't afford supercars or even high-end luxury sports cars. The overall experience won't be high-end, but that's what you get for the amazing price/performance ratio. One problem will be Nissan. You're going to be buying it at a Nissan dealer that is used to haggling people over Sentras. Personally, even though lots of BMW dealers need help in the service department, I don't want to repeat my experience at the Toyota dealer in college where the salesman spent the entire test drive talking about why his woman looked "classy" in royal blue lingerie and then insulted me when I tried to bargain.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 04:23 PM   #12
Bmwboy018
New Member
0
Rep
24
Posts

 
Drives: Waiting for e92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Bmw Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDingo View Post
I have been a huge ///M fan for a few years, starting my used 2001 Dinan-S1 M5 I had for a couple of years, and now my X5 4.8is for daily driver.

Anyways I could possibly be in the position to buy another sports again next year, and the new M3 has given me wet dreams, with that bad ass V8 and sharp handling according to reviews......

But do NOT forget that Nissan has their flagship sports car also coming out next year = GT-R, and their gunning for 911-Turbo speed and handling, Nissan have had several 911-Turbos with them forever during testing to make sure this new GT-R is equal if not better, but for a heck of allot less, base price is supposed to be $59k, with top end car for like $75k. Engine is 450 horsepower from a twin-turbo V6.

Of these two cars the new ///M3 or the GT-R which would ya get and why ??

GT-R talk;
http://www.my350z.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=314
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249125


Cool video of the car up and running in full retail form;
I may be the wrong person to give a fair judgement, but how can you compare!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 10:04 PM   #13
JEllis
Brigadier General
JEllis's Avatar
84
Rep
4,783
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

iTrader: (4)

Another question is if the USA will get the multiple forms of the GTR.

I have heard we may only see one flavor of the GTR....

Jason
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST