BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GT Haus

06-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #23
direwolfM3

Drives: 2008 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
I believe the authors talking points include:

-Michelle's contempt - evidenced by "for the first time I'm proud of my country", and the endless vacations on the taxpayers dime,
-respect for the office of President - Obama's feet on the desk, and bowing to foreign leaders, returning the British's gifts, etc.
-jack-booted thugs -fast/furious, voter intimidation in Philadelphia with the Panthers, IRS, spying, etc.,
-sealed birth records for no apparent reason,
-Illegal alien relatives - several in Boston, and not being deported despite DUI's, and collecting welfare for years as illegals,
-lying about his mother dying without insurance (she had it, and it paid),

Should I continue?
I really don't know why i get into these discussions online.

But seriously, one of your concerns are that he puts his feet up on his desk and that somehow means he disrespects the office. I just don't get it with some of you extreme right wingers. And it is an extreme view. You probably also still believe that he is not a natural born American and is secretly a Muslim too.
      06-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #24
Andy H.
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolfM3 View Post
I really don't know why i get into these discussions online.

But seriously, one of your concerns are that he puts his feet up on his desk and that somehow means he disrespects the office. I just don't get it with some of you extreme right wingers. And it is an extreme view. You probably also still believe that he is not a natural born American and is secretly a Muslim too.
It's the sum of the parts. You dig?

Who's an extreme right winger?

BTW, you would likely, "get it" if you embraced love of country, patriotism and individual freedom.

Also, do a little research on the history of that desk. You might learn something.

Last edited by Andy H.; 06-22-2013 at 08:42 PM.
      06-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #25
direwolfM3

Drives: 2008 e92 m3

Quote:
BTW, you would likely, "get it" if you embraced love of country, patriotism and individual freedom.
And there you have it. Typical extreme view. You don't agree with me so therefore you're not as American as me.
      06-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #26
Eagle1oh7
Captain

Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Quote:
And there you have it. Typical extreme view. You don't agree with me so therefore you're not as American as me.
By individual freedom he means you must follow him in loving and doing the exact same thing he does because all individuals should aspire to his individuality.

Ya dig...? lol

FUTURE MODS: Eisenmann Full Cat-back Exhaust, OETuning ECU, MMW Headers, CF mirror caps, Bi-Xenon headlights, CF rooftop, CF lip
Eagle1oh7 is offline   United_States
      06-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #27
quagmire
I am Gundam

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBC2015 View Post
Yawn.

Typical conservative sheeps spewing out drone rhetoric.
Correction: Typical political ideal sheep spewing out drone rhetoric.

This isn't just the OP here..... Both sides spew out BS and think their side is correct.

It's why I hardly ever get into political debates anymore. It's all a bunch of BS. It doesn't matter if a R or a D is next to their name. They are all a bunch of corrupt crooks only in it for themselves. They only spew the crap when it suits them to get elected.
      06-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #28
bbbbmw
First Lieutenant

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Quote:

-Michelle's contempt - evidenced by "for the first time I'm proud of my country", and the endless vacations on the taxpayers dime,
-respect for the office of President - Obama's feet on the desk, and bowing to foreign leaders, returning the British's gifts, etc.
-jack-booted thugs -fast/furious, voter intimidation in Philadelphia with the Panthers, IRS, spying, etc.,
-Illegal alien relatives - several in Boston, and not being deported despite DUI's, and collecting welfare for years as illegals,

Should I continue?
Well, as a former soldier I thought it was way more disrespectful when Bush crawled on all fours to find WMD's in the oval office while American troops died in Iraq.

In another thread we discussed that the WMD issue was started by Clinton/Gore, endorsed by the UN, etc. And that Bush waited on the UN for 9 months before acting, which gave Sadaam time to remove weapons to Syria, etc. - as testified by his staff. Syria is now using WMDs against their own people - where did they come from?

As for the "feet on the desk" - that's the only issue you latch onto from the list?
      06-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #29
AndreyT
Captain

Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport

Quote:
In another thread we discussed that the WMD issue was started by Clinton/Gore, endorsed by the UN, etc. And that Bush waited on the UN for 9 months before acting, which gave Sadaam time to remove weapons to Syria, etc. - as testified by his staff. Syria is now using WMDs against their own people - where did they come from?
Yeah, yeah, yeah... If you repeat it again and again it will become truth eventually!

Today, everyone understands perfectly well what happened in Iraq. It is all already researched, documented and filed under "E" for "embarrassment".

Some Iraqi playboy had a problem with Saddam over something. A girlfriend. A boyfriend. A poker debt, most likely. So the guy figured: they somehow managed to elect a complete oaf for a president right now in USA, who should be easy to manipulate. This is how an anecdotal story of "WMD" was quickly concocted. The result is another international crime committed by the US regime, lives of Iraqi people lost, lives of American soldiers lost just to help some Iraqi guy to get out of his poker debt.
AndreyT is offline   United_States
      06-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #30
Andy H.
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Lame.

Did you check he history on the desk yet? Didn't think so. Based upon what we've seen from your meaningless responses so far, it wouldn't mean anything to you anyway.

Last edited by Andy H.; 06-23-2013 at 06:21 PM.
      06-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #31
Andy H.
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
By individual freedom he means you must follow him in loving and doing the exact same thing he does because all individuals should aspire to his individuality.

Ya dig...? lol
Typical left wing liberal response. Put words in my mouth then belittle and berate the person you disagree with becuase you cannot respond with a reasonable meaningful opinion otherwise.
      06-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #32
Eagle1oh7
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
Typical left wing liberal response. Put words in my mouth then belittle and berate the person you disagree with becuase you cannot respond with a reasonable meaningful opinion otherwise.
Well you obviously didn't like DireWolf's post and in turn implied he's un-patriotic. Sorry not everybody has blind patriotism like you do. I served under Bush Jr. and continue under O, at least things are a bit better under this admin, even if our deployments are longer now than they were 5 years ago.

FUTURE MODS: Eisenmann Full Cat-back Exhaust, OETuning ECU, MMW Headers, CF mirror caps, Bi-Xenon headlights, CF rooftop, CF lip
      06-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #33
Eagle1oh7
Captain

Quote:
Perhaps you, sir, ought to consult a dictionary. His post was in fact both reasonable and meaningful. It was also an opinion with an implied meaning.
+1

What I think is funny is that he's from a state that wanted to leave the Union after the black man got re-elected. He was probably on that bandwagon too before he realized it was a delusion and now he's calling liberal-minded people un-Patriotic because they don't agree with his worldview.

06-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #34
Eagle1oh7
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
What's funny to me is that these hard right wing posters tell people who served and serve in the armed forces what is patriotic and what is not.

Pathetic.
Or the notion that somehow the military is a conservative organization. Last I checked I signed a contract of fealty to the United States Constitution, not to political ideology. Oh and I love how they say the President never served in the military so he's not fit to run the country, but then turn around and cast a vote for the candidate that dodged the draft entirely.

06-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #35
Andy H.
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Perhaps you, sir, ought to consult a dictionary. His post was in fact both reasonable and meaningful. It was also an opinion with an implied meaning.
      06-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #36
schoy
Private First Class

Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:

Should I continue?
Again, I'm not an Obama supporter, but this is a really pathetic list of reasons to hate Obama. If this is the worst our President has ever done, he'd go down as one of the best Presidents ever.
      06-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #37
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
What's funny to me is that these hard right wing posters tell people who served and serve in the armed forces what is patriotic and what is not.

Pathetic.
This whole thread is pathetic.

Troll city up in here.

Except for the comment about both sides spewing nonsense. That's the only truth.
      06-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #38
bbbbmw
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy
Quote:

Should I continue?
Again, I'm not an Obama supporter, but this is a really pathetic list of reasons to hate Obama. If this is the worst our President has ever done, he'd go down as one of the best Presidents ever.

It's not a comprehensive list - it's a list of the points made in the original article, which some on the thread didn't understand. For more significant points I'd include things like wrecking the economic recovery, spying on Americans, giving appointees too much power, not having a budget, continued high unemployment, meddling in foreign affairs, and more. But I'm sure you wouldn't agree.
      06-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #39
quagmire
I am Gundam

Quote:
It's not a comprehensive list - it's a list of the points made in the original article, which some on the thread didn't understand. For more significant points I'd include things like wrecking the economic recovery, spying on Americans, giving appointees too much power, not having a budget, continued high unemployment, meddling in foreign affairs, and more. But I'm sure you wouldn't agree.
Budget is Congress's responsibility and President needs Congress approval for anything dealing with the economy/unemployment. The way Congress is operating the way it is today, there is no way even a remotely decent President could do anything. The D's and R's in Congress just want to go to the extremes of their ideals and tow the party line.

As for things the President can control in that list.... Spying on Americans- agreed not happy about that. Appointees too much power, don't know much about so won't say anything. Meddling in foreign affairs.... Welcome to the last 60 years of US foreign policy. If people now are just going to complain about simply because Obama is in office instead of McCain/Romney, those people are hypocrites. Korea, Vietnam, Libya, Iraq, etc. We had no fucking business in those countries. But, we were there meddling anyway because of our views on communism, etc.

Like I stated last page, all politicians are fucking crooks. It doesn't matter if there is a D or a R next their names. Where were Republicans during the Bush years worrying about our spending? But, as soon as a Democrat is in office, all of a sudden they care. They are just saying whatever that will help get them elected and get them power. The Democrats have pulled the same crap as well. Just look at Obama and many of his promises he made in 2008..... No one ever keeps all of their campaign promises, but still. For a person who campaigned that he won't be like Bush, he certainly has kept a lot of Bush's policies( and stepped them up a notch in some areas).

Last edited by quagmire; 06-24-2013 at 05:45 PM.
      06-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #40
Andy H.
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
EXACTLY! This is why I made the following comment, "I assume all BMW forum members are well informed, highly educated, use common sense and know better than to get their news from the lame stream, in-the-tank for Obama, lowest rated/viewed, going broke, bleeding heart liberal biased, one-sided media sources available", in response to direwolfe's initial narrow minded response.

Geez, at the very least one could have gleaned this much from the article if they'd been watching any unbiased news source for just this year alone versus the entire time he's been president!

What happened to all that,"hope and change" BS? He pissed away 1 trillion dollars investing our money in private sector green companies, the majority of which went bankrupt. The rest was supposed to be used to help create shovel ready jobs to help rebuild our nations infrastructure. What happened to the shovel ready jobs? Why is unemployment worse now at 8% when he promised it would be much lower, by the following summer, after being given the 1 trillion stimulus, he asked for, by congress? Why are we 17 trillion in debt, with a 1 trillion dollar budget deficit and the fed is on QE3 weaking the value of the dollar as we speak? He's the typical liberal progressive nut job - borrow and spend, borrow and spend and when that's not enough borrow and spend some more. Shall we talk obamacare?

Oh man, I totally forgot. It's all Bush's fault. My bad!

Last edited by Andy H.; 06-24-2013 at 08:44 PM.
      06-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #41
bbbbmw
First Lieutenant

Budget is Congress's responsibility and President needs Congress approval for anything dealing with the economy/unemployment. The way Congress is operating the way it is today, there is no way even a remotely decent President could do anything. The D's and R's in Congress just want to go to the extremes of their ideals and tow the party line.

As for things the President can control in that list.... Spying on Americans- agreed not happy about that. Appointees too much power, don't know much about so won't say anything. Meddling in foreign affairs.... Welcome to the last 60 years of US foreign policy. If people now are just going to complain about simply because Obama is in office instead of McCain/Romney, those people are hypocrites. Korea, Vietnam, Libya, Iraq, etc. We had no fucking business in those countries. But, we were there meddling anyway because of our views on communism, etc.

Like I stated last page, all politicians are fucking crooks. It doesn't matter if there is a D or a R next their names. Where were Republicans during the Bush years worrying about our spending? But, as soon as a Democrat is in office, all of a sudden they care. They are just saying whatever that will help get them elected and get them power. The Democrats have pulled the same crap as well. Just look at Obama and many of his promises he made in 2008..... No one ever keeps all of their campaign promises, but still. For a person who campaigned that he won't be like Bush, he certainly has kept a lot of Bush's policies( and stepped them up a notch in some areas).[/quote]

The President is required to submit a budget, and then Congress works on it, votes, etc. Obamas budget submissions have been overdue, and congressional votes have been unanimous in rejecting them (including the Dems).

The unilateral power granted to Napolitano, Sebelius, etc. is unprecedented.

Agree with most of the rest of the rest of your post - we now have McCain supporting the Syrian rebels, who are aligned with Al Quaeda, and the Gang of Eight pushing the immigration bill - which exempts illegals from Obamacare, which makes them cheaper to employ than US citizens. Crooks indeed.

Now I'll wait for the IRS to show up.
      06-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #42
quagmire
I am Gundam

Quote:
The President is required to submit a budget, and then Congress works on it, votes, etc. Obamas budget submissions have been overdue, and congressional votes have been unanimous in rejecting them (including the Dems).

Agree with the rest of your post...
He has been submitting them hasn't he( late or not. I know he did this year)? I'm not 100% familiar with the process( consequence of staying out of politics for the most part), but is it required to keep on submitting Congress with budget proposals after they are rejected or is it up to Congress to work out the differences and then pass it?
      06-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #43
bbbbmw
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire
Quote:

Agree with the rest of your post...
He has been submitting them hasn't he? I'm not 100% familiar with the process( consequence of staying out of politics for the most part), but is it required to keep on submitting Congress with budget proposals after they are rejected or is it up to Congress to work out the differences and then pass it?

He's been two months late in submitting his budget every year (by law, it has to be submitted by the first Monday in Feb - he has been submitting in mid-April). His budgets are so inaccurate and packed with ridiculous stuff that Congress keeps rejecting them. Which is part of the reason for the Fiscal Cliff, Sequester, and general spending panic.
      06-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #44
quagmire
I am Gundam

Quote:
He's been two months late in submitting his budget every year (by law, it has to be submitted by the first Monday in Feb - he has been submitting in mid-April). His budgets are so inaccurate and packed with ridiculous stuff that Congress keeps rejecting them. Which is part of the reason for the Fiscal Cliff, Sequester, and general spending panic.
Right I get that. I figure his budget had ridiculous things full knowing Congress would reject trying to play politics with Republicans.

Does the President have to keep on resubmitting until Congress approves it or does the rest fall on Congress to take the proposal and mold it into something everyone can agree on?