BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
E92-lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-23-2013, 05:05 AM   #23
TimeAtk
Second Lieutenant
7
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: Alpine e90 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to TimeAtk
Pics 7 and 8, the side of the car is pretty blown out on my screen, and they look pretty eye-level. Could be just me though
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #24
tangcla
Automotive photographer (Melbourne, AU)
tangcla's Avatar
Australia
5
Rep
85
Posts

 
Drives: B6 Audi S4
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAtk View Post
Pics 7 and 8, the side of the car is pretty blown out on my screen, and they look pretty eye-level. Could be just me though
They might be your eye level... but that's at a height of about 1.9m

I've had a look at the histogram of photo #8 and the brightest white point is about 88% so it's not yet blown out. I've attached a screenshot showing the histogram for reference.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #25
ADM5
Private First Class
1
Rep
134
Posts

 
Drives: '01 E39 M5
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Greer SC

iTrader: (0)

Hey man...these look great. I love the location and the composition looks spot on.

Thanks for sharing, these will help in my E92 M3 "photoshoots"

What kind of lighting set up did you use? You have a pic of that...like a behind the scenes type pic? I really enjoy the lighting, spot on man
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #26
TimeAtk
Second Lieutenant
7
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: Alpine e90 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to TimeAtk
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcla View Post
They might be your eye level... but that's at a height of about 1.9m

I've had a look at the histogram of photo #8 and the brightest white point is about 88% so it's not yet blown out. I've attached a screenshot showing the histogram for reference.
Ahh cool, I guess I'm just not a fan of "higher" angles and tight crops coupled together.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #27
tangcla
Automotive photographer (Melbourne, AU)
tangcla's Avatar
Australia
5
Rep
85
Posts

 
Drives: B6 Audi S4
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM5 View Post
Hey man...these look great. I love the location and the composition looks spot on.

Thanks for sharing, these will help in my E92 M3 "photoshoots"

What kind of lighting set up did you use? You have a pic of that...like a behind the scenes type pic? I really enjoy the lighting, spot on man
Thanks. I don't have any BTS photos but it's a purpose designed LED light I use for light painting.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #28
ADM5
Private First Class
1
Rep
134
Posts

 
Drives: '01 E39 M5
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Greer SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcla View Post
Thanks. I don't have any BTS photos but it's a purpose designed LED light I use for light painting.
Sweet deal! Eventually I'll start messing around with that stuff. So far I just get my buddy to drive his M3 to places and I experiment on it haha.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #29
tangcla
Automotive photographer (Melbourne, AU)
tangcla's Avatar
Australia
5
Rep
85
Posts

 
Drives: B6 Audi S4
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

bump - URLs updated as I have changed my website layout and CMS.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST