BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #331
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie45 View Post
After watching that game, LeBron is no where close to the abilities of Kobe or Jordan. He looked nervous, jittery and played like shit! Wow he pissed me off last game
The guy had a triple double, carried the team from a -10 point deficit in the 4th, -5 point deficit with 30 seconds left. Give the guy some credit..

I agree, that he was a no show and choked in the first 3 quarter but in the 4th and OT where it mattered most, Lebron was a beast.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #332
djsaad1
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
328
Posts

 
Drives: range rover
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
The guy had a triple double, carried the team from a -10 point deficit in the 4th, -5 point deficit with 30 seconds left. Give the guy some credit..

I agree, that he was a no show and choked in the first 3 quarter but in the 4th and OT where it mattered most, Lebron was a beast.
He also had 3 turnovers at the end of the 4th that would have lost the game if ray allen didn't make the three. But that's neither here or there.

I hope I am wrong, but I think the spurs lose game 7. It feels like game 7 after the Lakers were leading the Suns 3-1 and were a rebound away from taking the series at game 6.

The spurs were a rebound away here too, and it might have taken away all their steam. The difference here is that the spurs are just as good as the heat while the lakers were no where near as good as the suns at the time.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #333
SES_D
pewpew
SES_D's Avatar
United_States
267
Rep
21,119
Posts

 
Drives: LTMW
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SF, Bay Area

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
The guy had a triple double, carried the team from a -10 point deficit in the 4th, -5 point deficit with 30 seconds left. Give the guy some credit..

I agree, that he was a no show and choked in the first 3 quarter but in the 4th and OT where it mattered most, Lebron was a beast.
seriously. The general public always focuses on what Lebron does wrong and gives him little credit for making the big plays.

These are the type of people who If Lebron didn't take it upon himself to take that three, which he missed and led to Ray Allen's dagger, will chew him out for not stepping up and taking the last shot. These are also the people who will criticize him for missing that last shot.

It's always a lose lose for Lebron...
__________________
LTMotorWerks | EuroProjektz
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #334
SES_D
pewpew
SES_D's Avatar
United_States
267
Rep
21,119
Posts

 
Drives: LTMW
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SF, Bay Area

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Grubba Balls View Post
i agree with what bill walton said... duncan left it all out there. game 7 is the heat's for the taking
Bro, you bet on sports and you listen to Bill Walton's insight? You must be broke out of your mind by now. I'm glad you think Heat's going to take it...

SPURS it is.
__________________
LTMotorWerks | EuroProjektz
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #335
SES_D
pewpew
SES_D's Avatar
United_States
267
Rep
21,119
Posts

 
Drives: LTMW
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SF, Bay Area

iTrader: (26)

Lebron should play without his headband more often. Straight went beast mode without it lol
__________________
LTMotorWerks | EuroProjektz
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #336
will.c
Lieutenant
will.c's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
588
Posts

 
Drives: E46M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Too much credit to LB, too little to Bosh. Never seen bosh hustle like that for a couple of seasons.

Wade is hurt, so he shouldn't be blamed so much. BUT they should sit him out longer/more often on 7.

Allen was magical with the 3, but that's his thing. Earned his place in Miami with that shot.

Ginobili traveled. AND all players know that refs don't call much towards the end. game-deciding fouls are too controversial and anticlimactic . More fun to watch when the players have to really muscle the last couple plays for the win.

No matter how bad refereeing is, usually it's the team's overall performance that wins & loses games. Hypothetically, even if they were ordered to have bias, they can only do so much before it becomes a very serious issue with the League and media. Further, it's not 1 or 2 plays that determine the whole game, let alone a series.

For Game 6, Spurs simply lost their steam. Not blaming the coach solely, but Pop should have kept their big players in to keep the 10pt lead in 4th.

Just my thoughts...
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #337
djsaad1
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
328
Posts

 
Drives: range rover
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES_D View Post
seriously. The general public always focuses on what Lebron does wrong and gives him little credit for making the big plays.

These are the type of people who If Lebron didn't take it upon himself to take that three, which he missed and led to Ray Allen's dagger, will chew him out for not stepping up and taking the last shot. These are also the people who will criticize him for missing that last shot.

It's always a lose lose for Lebron...
It doesn't have much to do with Lebron, most stars are treated that way this day in age with social media and forums. Kobe goes through the same thing even after 5 rings. If the internet was as big during Jordans era he would have gone through it as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #338
SES_D
pewpew
SES_D's Avatar
United_States
267
Rep
21,119
Posts

 
Drives: LTMW
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SF, Bay Area

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by will.c View Post
Too much credit to LB, too little to Bosh. Never seen bosh hustle like that for a couple of seasons.

Wade is hurt, so he shouldn't be blamed so much. BUT they should sit him out longer/more often on 7.

Allen was magical with the 3, but that's his thing. Earned his place in Miami with that shot.

Ginobili traveled. AND all players know that refs don't call much towards the end. game-deciding fouls are too controversial and anticlimactic . More fun to watch when the players have to really muscle the last couple plays for the win.

No matter how bad refereeing is, usually it's the team's overall performance that wins & loses games. Hypothetically, even if they were ordered to have bias, they can only do so much before it becomes a very serious issue with the League and media. Further, it's not 1 or 2 plays that determine the whole game, let alone a series.

For Game 6, Spurs simply lost their steam. Not blaming the coach solely, but Pop should have kept their big players in to keep the 10pt lead in 4th.

Just my thoughts...
pretty spot on. good insight.
__________________
LTMotorWerks | EuroProjektz
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #339
icyunv
Captain
14
Rep
741
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E92 M3, 11 C300, 08 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (3)

+1 on too much credit to LB, he's got no post games, all that raw power with no moves to finish it, nor can he draw fouls like kobe or MJ. then again, he wants to hog the ball on every possession and try to make a fool of himself, then end up passing it to someone else for a jump shot.

regardless, hes a great athlete, 6"8 at 260, give him some room to run and nothing can stop him from going to the basket, but still far from the young kobe/mj
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #340
amanda hor$t
Banned
27
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES_D View Post
Lebron should play without his headband more often. Straight went beast mode without it lol
but then his bald spots would be exposed. he looks younger with the headband.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #341
ja.
Ja
Canada
1
Rep
152
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

I hope manu gets over game 6 and both him tony and green do what theyve been doin all post season/series.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #342
Louder
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
31
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i M-sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Berkeley Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyunv View Post
+1 on too much credit to LB, he's got no post games, all that raw power with no moves to finish it, nor can he draw fouls like kobe or MJ. then again, he wants to hog the ball on every possession and try to make a fool of himself, then end up passing it to someone else for a jump shot.

regardless, hes a great athlete, 6"8 at 260, give him some room to run and nothing can stop him from going to the basket, but still far from the young kobe/mj
I heard Duncan and the Spurs are a pretty good defensive/smart team, that might have something to do with it as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #343
ny325
Captain
United_States
14
Rep
995
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i jet black spt pkg
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Lebron was giving the Spurs game 6 late in the 4th. I can't believe how many so called Miami Heat fans were leaving the arena when they were down 5 with seconds to go in regulations. I hope Spurs win game 7. It's sickening watching the so called big three, and the rest of team constantly complain about soft contact, and want the foul. Please enough with Lebron, and the injured Wade. ESPN only talks about them, and not the good job Miami's bench players are doing to get them back in the game. And let's not forget what R.Allen has been doing his entire career, hitting big SHOTS.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #344
ny325
Captain
United_States
14
Rep
995
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i jet black spt pkg
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Nice job Bosh. He criticized the fans for leaving early and said they shouldn't come to game 7. Should be interesting how the home crowd responds if the Heat loose tonight. Let's Go Spurs.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #345
SES_D
pewpew
SES_D's Avatar
United_States
267
Rep
21,119
Posts

 
Drives: LTMW
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SF, Bay Area

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
Nice job Bosh. He criticized the fans for leaving early and said they shouldn't come to game 7. Should be interesting how the home crowd responds if the Heat loose tonight. Let's Go Spurs.
lol did he really? Good shit Bosh!

Don't blame the guy...what kind of fans leave early when your team is winning. Those select tards make Miami fans look so bad...sucks to have a fanbase like that.
Do that shit in the Bay Area, and someone will call you out on the spot!
__________________
LTMotorWerks | EuroProjektz
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #346
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
Lebron was giving the Spurs game 6 late in the 4th. I can't believe how many so called Miami Heat fans were leaving the arena when they were down 5 with seconds to go in regulations. I hope Spurs win game 7. It's sickening watching the so called big three, and the rest of team constantly complain about soft contact, and want the foul. Please enough with Lebron, and the injured Wade. ESPN only talks about them, and not the good job Miami's bench players are doing to get them back in the game. And let's not forget what R.Allen has been doing his entire career, hitting big SHOTS.
Neither team is happy with the officiating. You can see Tony Parker complaining about all the calls when he is driving to the basket. Same with Manu and Duncan glaring back at the refs when they believe they got fouled.

This post season has been very different with the officiating. Things refs called all season, all of a sudden is considered a no call. Few things I can remember in game 6 is Mike Miller getting slapped on the face with a push off while contesting a dunk by Leonard - no call. Clearly a offensive foul. Duncan, Lebron, Parker, Wade in the paint getting hammered - no call. Ginoboli elbowed Lebron in the neck intentionally right in front of the officials - no call. Lebron gets hit on the head and loses headband going for offensive rebound - no call.

What bench player are you talking about that helped Heat win game 6? Heat's bench is almost non-existent except for Ray Allen. The Heat only played 3 person from the bench in game 6 -Battier, Birdman, Allen. No one else but Lebron won game 6. He carried the Heat in the 4th quarter and OT like how MJ and Kobe would. The guy choked for 3 quarter shooting 3-13 with like 10 points and he made 20 points in 4th quarter and OT.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 01:46 AM   #347
Nkc
NOOB
Nkc's Avatar
29
Rep
694
Posts

 
Drives: Cars
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver/Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

__________________
E89 Z4-35i DCT --- E36-Z3 M-Roadster --- E82-1M
Current BMW's
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #348
will.c
Lieutenant
will.c's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
588
Posts

 
Drives: E46M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central Jersey

iTrader: (5)

This season's Miami seems to do better when they are put on the spot and criticized. Unlike others, anger and revenge motivates them to do better as a team somehow, especially at the critical moment. I think Miami will come through in the end. IS IT 9 YET?!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #349
ny325
Captain
United_States
14
Rep
995
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i jet black spt pkg
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Miller hitting a 3, Allen hitting the game winner. Let's not forget how well Wade, and Chalmers played in the first half, while Lebron was nonexistent. Lebron with several turnovers down the strech. Everyone always talks about Lebron, and yes he is a great player. However, he does not have the mental toughness that Kobe, and MJ brought night in, and night out. Lebrons facial expressions after committing several crucial turnovers said a lot, while Miami's fairweather fans depart the arena then want to go back to their seats when the game went into O.T. I say if Miami wins it's a blowout, if Spurs win, it will be close. Let's Go Spurs.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #350
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
165
Rep
6,792
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
I say if Miami wins it's a blowout, if Spurs win, it will be close. Let's Go Spurs.
This. Although, if I think Green and Neal can catch on fire, it's gonna be a long night for Miami.
__________________

Currently for sale: N/A
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #351
Rukuss
Major
Rukuss's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,331
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES_D View Post


I feel bad for the guy. I still believe he's a jinx, and that's why the Heat & Allen won't get a ring.
I thought of you when Ray hit that three lol...lol... go Heat!!! I hope they play hard and win the damn thing, fvck it do or die the game!!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #352
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
18
Rep
1,771
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
The guy had a triple double, carried the team from a -10 point deficit in the 4th, -5 point deficit with 30 seconds left. Give the guy some credit..

I agree, that he was a no show and choked in the first 3 quarter but in the 4th and OT where it mattered most, Lebron was a beast.
Just looking at the stats he had a good game, but those two turnovers at the end along with missing a pair of threes shine through. As was said....Allen really saved his ass
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST