BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #375
BlackJetE90
Brigadier General
321
Rep
3,641
Posts

Drives: E90 no longer
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: is everything

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Have you seen what a 335i can do with a turbo upgrade, even simple bolt-ons transforms this engine into a monster, I think it's safe to say that BMW will make sure that the new M3/M4 engine is even more capable!
N54 sure, N55 not so much. Upgraded twins putting down decent numbers. Nothing to write home. The singles are still somewhat of a mystery. Some nice glory numbers.

All I know is BMW has said they are going to make it more difficult in the future to tune their cars. And who knows how strong the internals will be for the M3/M4 powerplant. BMW lately has seem to be going cheap. It definitely won't have the potential of the a turbo V8.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #376
BlackJetE90
Brigadier General
321
Rep
3,641
Posts

Drives: E90 no longer
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: is everything

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw135er View Post
Except for the fact that twin turbo 335 w/single conversions are a different engine than the new M3/4 will be based on. That being said the N55 that it will be based off of will get some quality internal upgrades to overcome the pitfalls of the N55 in standard forum. Such as a forged crank and who knows what else. At this point everything is speculation
Yep, thats all I am saying. Way too early to claim potential HP/TQ figures.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #377
s65e90
Banned
6
Rep
513
Posts

Drives: 2009 e90
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SoFlo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
N54 sure, N55 not so much. Upgraded twins putting down decent numbers. Nothing to write home. The singles are still somewhat of a mystery. Some nice glory numbers.

All I know is BMW has said they are going to make it more difficult in the future to tune their cars. And who knows how strong the internals will be for the M3/M4 powerplant. BMW lately has seem to be going cheap. It definitely won't have the potential of the a turbo V8.

what? A properly forged bottom end in a straight six can make tons of power; and nothing stopping swapping out twins for a big single turbo (hence why BMW did it themselves). I've seen earlier twin cars that are now big singles making BIG numbers
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #378
BlackJetE90
Brigadier General
321
Rep
3,641
Posts

Drives: E90 no longer
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: is everything

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s65e90 View Post
what? A properly forged bottom end in a straight six can make tons of power; and nothing stopping swapping out twins for a big single turbo (hence why BMW did it themselves). I've seen earlier twin cars that are now big singles making BIG numbers
Cool. Where you getting those specs from? Did BMW release some info about the new powerplant?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #379
Alex07M3
Banned
53
Rep
2,691
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Have you seen what a 335i can do with a turbo upgrade, even simple bolt-ons transforms this engine into a monster, I think it's safe to say that BMW will make sure that the new M3/M4 engine is even more capable!
N54 sure, N55 not so much. Upgraded twins putting down decent numbers. Nothing to write home. The singles are still somewhat of a mystery. Some nice glory numbers.

All I know is BMW has said they are going to make it more difficult in the future to tune their cars. And who knows how strong the internals will be for the M3/M4 powerplant. BMW lately has seem to be going cheap. It definitely won't have the potential of the a turbo V8.
I'm not convince BMW will try to make their cars less tuner friendly, what's the point, they know they gonna loose a lot of sales by doing so!?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #380
M3PO
Colonel
M3PO's Avatar
40
Rep
2,792
Posts

Drives: '08 IB E92
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: OC

iTrader: (7)

I've been gone from the site for almost a month and still nothing.




lol
__________________
2008 IB E92 M3| BBS | KW | Arkym | Platte Forme A.G. | Active Autowerke | K&N | Fabspeed | Dinan | Evolve-R
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #381
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
AlexTek's Avatar
5
Rep
363
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Subscribed
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #382
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
AlexTek's Avatar
5
Rep
363
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
Who will be the first to pull the trigger on this kit...?
The one with the biggest cojones
LOL
__________________
BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP 6MT
- Upgrades:MS Stage 2 Intake + Turner Test Pipes + BPM Stage 2 Tune with Coding; Fox Red Novillo/Carbon Leather/Competition Package/Premium Package 2/Convenience Package /Enhanced Premium Sound/Satelite Radio
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #383
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
the_road_less_traveled's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
1,104
Posts

Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the lake

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
I've been gone from the site for almost a month and still nothing.




lol
Thats my story too. Didnt miss much.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 03:55 AM   #384
And1M3
Major
And1M3's Avatar
14
Rep
1,070
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3 MR FR/Bk
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (6)

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #385
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
14
Rep
900
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 x2
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the wood

iTrader: (0)

They are never very well received by a lot of people on this site. Understandably the masses want more info but people are always taking shots at them so they probably don't feel any urgency to all of the sudden jump and rush to please people here. I've been a very satisfied customer for awhile now and these guys have always gone above and beyond. Every time I have been to their shop they are constantly swamped with cars and people coming in and out so I'm not surprised they don't update or post here often. Not saying that those people who actually drive to the shop are any more important than the online consumer but from my own personal experience they really do take the time and open up their shop to those customers there in person and make them feel "at home"
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #386
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
14
Rep
900
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 x2
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the wood

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN View Post
They are never very well received by a lot of people on this site. Understandably the masses want more info but people are always taking shots at them so they probably don't feel any urgency to all of the sudden jump and rush to please people here. I've been a very satisfied customer for awhile now and these guys have always gone above and beyond. Every time I have been to their shop they are constantly swamped with cars and people coming in and out so I'm not surprised they don't update or post here often. Not saying that those people who actually drive to the shop are any more important than the online consumer but from my own personal experience they really do take the time and open up their shop to those customers there in person and make them feel "at home"
It is cause and effect, not the other way around. If a company is making big claims potential customers want info. If you don't deliver (on your own timetable no less) people will wonder how legit this all is.

I simply just don't understand how you can make an announcement like that, and share some crappy iPhone photos, give a ballpark price (fairly steep), and not follow up. WHo in their right mind will spend that kind of money on a kit like that?!
Fair enough man, but they haven't exactly been on here running their mouths or making "out-landish" claims over and over have they? Ive seen customers post more than anything else. And again it's very understandable that we all would like more info on here but if you had ever been to their shop (obviously I know you aren't local) they literally have something going on 24/7 and all of the workers there are always wrenching on something.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #387
RingMeister01
Croatian
RingMeister01's Avatar
No_Country
443
Rep
3,493
Posts

Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manhattan, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN View Post
They are never very well received by a lot of people on this site. Understandably the masses want more info but people are always taking shots at them so they probably don't feel any urgency to all of the sudden jump and rush to please people here. I've been a very satisfied customer for awhile now and these guys have always gone above and beyond. Every time I have been to their shop they are constantly swamped with cars and people coming in and out so I'm not surprised they don't update or post here often. Not saying that those people who actually drive to the shop are any more important than the online consumer but from my own personal experience they really do take the time and open up their shop to those customers there in person and make them feel "at home"
It is cause and effect, not the other way around. If a company is making big claims potential customers want info. If you don't deliver (on your own timetable no less) people will wonder how legit this all is.

I simply just don't understand how you can make an announcement like that, and share some crappy iPhone photos, give a ballpark price (fairly steep), and not follow up. WHo in their right mind will spend that kind of money on a kit like that?!
+1 a serious kit should be handled more professionally
__________________
M2 Euro Delivery 2016 Ringmeister on instagram
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #388
System Of A...
Captain
System Of A...'s Avatar
Armenia
45
Rep
934
Posts

Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 818

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW e93 M3  [3.83]
Gintani has ALWAYS came through for me , whether its quality of customer service or the quality of their products. Lack of pics or charts doesnt mean shit, theyre going on their own time. I dont see anyone else talking about a tt kit for e9x m3. If this releases before the M4 and I got a little change in my pocket im definitely going to TT my bitch!!
__________________
Gintani 4.6l S65 | Gintani Race Catless Exhaust | Gintani CF Race lip
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #389
SECOND2NONE
Private First Class
5
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: Turbo e46 m3, 2005 e55 amg
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: BROOKLYN

iTrader: (1)

I kind of understand both sides. When max psi came out with their e46 m3 teaser, they didnt release their kit for almost two years.. The wait wasnt that bad for me because i was kept in the loop the whole time since they had my car. But since the teaser, they went through a couple revisions which slowed things down so i could understand why things havent been delivered by gintani yet.

But i dont understand a teaser when you know things are not 100%. We were promised a video and more info with in two weeks, and possible release within 2 months. All we got was ballpark pricing which is what i really cared for anyway. Teasers can make you look bad when you dont deliver. The car was running for six months. A revving video or a simple run down the block would have satisfied everyones thirst. Now they have some potential customers looking in other directions.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #390
W///
Major General
W///'s Avatar
1441
Rep
8,615
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 M3/99 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Really? Man, I'm in the wrong business then.
Seriously! How can it not matter?

And in the original post, it says that the shop car has been running this setup for half a year too.
__________________
Current: 2008 BMW M3 Sparkling Graphite/Bamboo Beige/6MT. 1999 BMW M3 Techno Violet/Dove/5MT. Next: 2017 BMW M3
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #391
Alex07M3
Banned
53
Rep
2,691
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
+1 a serious kit should be handled more professionally
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #392
System Of A...
Captain
System Of A...'s Avatar
Armenia
45
Rep
934
Posts

Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 818

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW e93 M3  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Really? Man, I'm in the wrong business then.
In due time my impatient friend. I was simply saying that just because there is a lack of pics for now doesnt mean there is nothing coming. Should be obvious.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #393
whats77inaname
Native Texan
United_States
228
Rep
2,682
Posts

Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
so who wants an $18k grenade? lol.
I'm sure that's what everyone said when s/c's first came out, too
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #394
pkimM3r
Banned
pkimM3r's Avatar
114
Rep
7,308
Posts

Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
I've been gone from the site for almost a month and still nothing.




lol
LOL
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #395
buddster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
23
Rep
247
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 Individual
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

subscribed
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #396
mdefalco25
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
195
Posts

Drives: 2013 Golf R
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Normal, IL

iTrader: (0)

UNsubscribed. This thread has become an epic fail
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bmw e90 m3, bmw e90 m3 forum, bmw e90 m3 forums, bmw e92 m3, bmw e92 m3 forum, bmw m forum, bmw m forums, bmw m3, bmw m3 forum, bmw m3 forums, bmw m3 turbo, e90 m3, e90 m3 forum, e90 m3 forums, e90 m3 turbo, e90 m3 twin turbo, e92 m3, e92 m3 forum, e92 m3 forums, gintani e90 m3, gintani e90 m3 turbo, gintani m3, gintani m3 turbo, gintani m3 twin turbo, gintani s65 turbo, gintani turbo m3, gintani twin turbo e90 m3, gintani twin turbo m3, m3 forum, m3 forums, s65 gintani turbo, s65 turbo, s65 twin turbo, turbo bmw m3, turbo e90 m3, turbo s65, twin turbo e90 m3, twin turbo s65

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 AM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST