BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
JEllis
Brigadier General
 
JEllis's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

Posts: 4,585
iTrader: (4)

BMW Performance Line and the M3?

I am curious to see if the BMW Performance line will stretch to the M models. It would only be logical considering the Performance line is basically replacing the nich that Dinan orginally had.

Could we see BMW supplied performance upgrades for the new M3? Maybe for those that are more performance oriented and dont mind the sound of a wailing intake or exhaust?

Also, be advised the BMW performance line includes Diffies for the 3ser....

It would be nice to have BMW Performance parts available to M owners as well. I would be willing to pay a little extra for Carb certification and the ability to hold onto my warrenty.

Jason
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
JEllis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
JEllis
Brigadier General
 
JEllis's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

Posts: 4,585
iTrader: (4)

^ This is just the initial release

I dont think the line is going to limited to the 330i in the future...
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
JEllis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2007, 01:21 PM   #3
BruceWain
Private
 
Drives: You Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

I think it would be a great idea for BMW to add a performance line to the M models. A number of manufacturers already do it, why not BMW.

Scion
Subaru
VW
Porsche
Nissan
Ford

It would be a good move, profitable and eliminate warranty issues.
BruceWain is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #4
SKBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
 
SKBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: Bicycle
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 25 0′ 0″ N, 71 0′ 0″ W

Posts: 1,791
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to SKBMW
Doubt it. Next in line up will probably be individual packages.
__________________
SKBMW is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2007, 03:33 PM   #5
M2002
Private First Class
 
M2002's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 330i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto

Posts: 115
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
I am curious to see if the BMW Performance line will stretch to the M models. It would only be logical considering the Performance line is basically replacing the nich that Dinan orginally had.

Could we see BMW supplied performance upgrades for the new M3? Maybe for those that are more performance oriented and dont mind the sound of a wailing intake or exhaust?

Also, be advised the BMW performance line includes Diffies for the 3ser....

It would be nice to have BMW Performance parts available to M owners as well. I would be willing to pay a little extra for Carb certification and the ability to hold onto my warrenty.

Jason
Could you please post some info or pictures of this performance line please.Thanx.
M2002 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #6
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
 
The CSL's Avatar
 
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Plymouth, UK

Posts: 660
iTrader: (0)

http://themotor.myfastforum.org/about3159.html

Here's what I was reading earlier on my forum.
__________________
The CSL is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2007, 05:48 PM   #7
BruceWain
Private
 
Drives: You Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Itttt has begun !
BruceWain is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2007, 06:40 PM   #8
m_bazeepaymon
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,075
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
can somebody exlain the performance line to me? maybe I recognize it by its explanation other than its name...
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
m_bazeepaymon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2007, 06:48 PM   #9
rvacha
Captain
 
rvacha's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH

Posts: 745
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bazeepaymon View Post
can somebody exlain the performance line to me? maybe I recognize it by its explanation other than its name...
See post above by The CSL
__________________

'03 X5 4.4i Blue/Tan
'06 E90 330Xi 6MT Sparkling Graphite/Terra
'08 E92 M3 6MT Jerez/Speed Cloth <-- Evil Twin
rvacha is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2007, 06:58 PM   #10
MI6
The World is Not Enough
 
MI6's Avatar
 
Drives: Aston DBS-R
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Skyfall

Posts: 1,050
iTrader: (0)

Ain't gonna happen to the "M" line...........

BMW "M" is already THE performance line from our boys in Munich....


But...........if you must have more and you live in Europe there's always the "CSL."

There I said it- "CSL." "CSL"- I said it again. For those who hate it when these 3 letters are mentioned I say- Bring on the Flames!!!

Do you think Mercedes enthusiasts cringe every time they hear "Black Series?"

I doubt it.

Fact is if you have an awesome tool in your shed you use it. You don't cover it up and hide it like it's a bad thing or something.......
MI6 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2007, 08:59 PM   #11
rvacha
Captain
 
rvacha's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH

Posts: 745
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
Ain't gonna happen to the "M" line...........

BMW "M" is already THE performance line from our boys in Munich....


But...........if you must have more and you live in Europe there's always the "CSL."

There I said it- "CSL." "CSL"- I said it again. For those who hate it when these 3 letters are mentioned I say- Bring on the Flames!!!

Do you think Mercedes enthusiasts cringe every time they hear "Black Series?"

I doubt it.

Fact is if you have an awesome tool in your shed you use it. You don't cover it up and hide it like it's a bad thing or something.......
Ah! Those three letters! They prove that no matter how good an ///M is, some people will want more... and more. AMG to Black... Exhausts, wheels, SS brake lines, SSKs, K&Ns - to name a few things that a large percentage of ///M owners will mod on their beasts - in just the first year. Given the volume BMW thinks they'll do - 100K - there's going to be a potentially huge Performance market in a few years. And why shouldn't BMW take a shot at it? I'd say there's a good chance we'll see Performance for ///M starting with wheels and SSKs
__________________

'03 X5 4.4i Blue/Tan
'06 E90 330Xi 6MT Sparkling Graphite/Terra
'08 E92 M3 6MT Jerez/Speed Cloth <-- Evil Twin
rvacha is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2007, 09:37 PM   #12
JEllis
Brigadier General
 
JEllis's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

Posts: 4,585
iTrader: (4)

I am just curious as to why you dont expect M mods from BMW.

For years BMW Dealers sold aftermarket parts from Dinan for all BMW makes. Even M models. I dont think its beyond reality to think that BMW would sell things like higher rated springs, sway bars, and maybe even engine upgrades like an intake... Porsche does it, why not BMW M?

Jason
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
JEllis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST